Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chicory
Nov 11, 2004

Behold the cuteness.
When I saw this was F2P I couldn't resist rebooting up my old account. Currently have a level 19 mystic named Schnapp on the server. Applied to both guilds in the past few days with no response yet. :( I'm assuming the main is full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

If any EU brosefs want to hook up, some friends and I are playing on the Fraya (pve) server. I would like to play on US again, but my experience with playing on US servers with goons is that I end up playing to 4-5am way too often on work nights. So unless the european community descides to all roll on a US sever, I will have to stay on these crap eu servers.

Just for refrence on how horrible the EU client is, it took me 8 hours of patching, then the client decided that the patch I had wasn't up to date and patched another 8 hours, then it couldn't figure out what version I had, so I was forced to delete part of the client and redownload. However, when that was done I had to 'repair' the client since the play button wouldn't work, and I had to download another 6 hours of patching. This was never an issue with the american client/patcher. Also the game crashes every time I try to change server (which is often when I am trying to decide on class, and we only have 2 character slots on free account). gently caress me. One of my friends also had some issues with this, but he only had to repair the client once and it was ok. The support forum is pretty useless as gameforge doesn't actually provide any support, so the threads are mostly people trying different workarounds to problems, to variable success.

Now that install hell is complete and my main character is made, it's been fine so far. So it's not all bad. What is slightly disconcerting is that everyone plays elin, everyone.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm on the EU client but I won't be back until Sunday, same server. I'll PM you my details when I get back, my buddies which are a mix of Goons/non Goons are also with us and we've started up a little guild.

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

That sounds great, I was dreading having to go look for a pubbie guild in this game. I know of some other goons on the server as well, so I can inform them about the guild if you don't mind, although they might already have one of their own for all I know.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Acidian posted:

That sounds great, I was dreading having to go look for a pubbie guild in this game. I know of some other goons on the server as well, so I can inform them about the guild if you don't mind, although they might already have one of their own for all I know.
Whichever works matey, if theirs is more active we'll quite happily merge into theirs and gladly accept anyone into ours. We're quite a small knit group as it is at less than 10 active players as it is.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Tried to solo a BAM just for the sake of it. I'm level 36, it was one of those giant rock monsters in the desert that look like rocks until you hit them.

Did fine for a bit, got cocky, died. I'll have to try it on some lower level stuff to get back into it.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
We need to start a petition to remove nexus, or at least change it so it doesn't lag everything else in the game. Before nexus my game runs beautifully, nexus starts and I freeze or get random crashes. It's pretty annoying. Right now it's saying can't connect to server, wonder if login server is dead again.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Just had to shut down the game after 3minutes non-responsiveness, according to the official server status Mount Tyrannas is down, no sure how often its updated but there we go.

edit: 1 minute later its back up

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

We need to start a petition to remove nexus, or at least change it so it doesn't lag everything else in the game. Before nexus my game runs beautifully, nexus starts and I freeze or get random crashes. It's pretty annoying. Right now it's saying can't connect to server, wonder if login server is dead again.

They're changing it this month, there's a forum post about it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Acidian posted:

If any EU brosefs want to hook up, some friends and I are playing on the Fraya (pve) server. I would like to play on US again, but my experience with playing on US servers with goons is that I end up playing to 4-5am way too often on work nights. So unless the european community descides to all roll on a US sever, I will have to stay on these crap eu servers.

I'll transfer a character over from Killian, what level are you guys?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Do any goons know how to set up a wiki that requires some of the automated goon authorization methods to view and join it? TERA really needs a real wiki, but I hate pubbies and would rather not share the wealth of knowledge if we're going to be the ones putting in the data.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Eigo posted:

Do any goons know how to set up a wiki that requires some of the automated goon authorization methods to view and join it? TERA really needs a real wiki, but I hate pubbies and would rather not share the wealth of knowledge if we're going to be the ones putting in the data.

All the stuff is already out there, but you could set up a wiki to more easily access all the very useful stuff that pubbie wrote on his stupid pubbie website (I think it's in the OP).

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

killstealing posted:

All the stuff is already out there, but you could set up a wiki to more easily access all the very useful stuff that pubbie wrote on his stupid pubbie website (I think it's in the OP).

Everything is pretty much all over the place, get outdated because the OP doesn't update, and so on. There's no set strategy in a lot of them that goons follow, much like in SG.

e: though I guess goon auth is mostly overkill if I'm mostly just bringing everything together and updating it

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'll set up a wiki once i get the chance. Just tell me if you want goon auth or not.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

So I got the usual memory error and it crashed to desktop. I've had it happen before, but this time, upon logging into the client and the actual game loading up, I was stopped at the server select screen. Got a popup stating 'This account is already logged in. Please select server again.' which was new. Clicked okay and upon trying to enter any of the available servers had the same popup. Refreshing the list didn't change anything. Completely closing out of the game and client and logging back in did not help.

I've changed my password in case my account was compromised but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this particular problem?

EDIT: Seems to have fixed itself! Guess the server just needed to realize I was no longer connected.

Chalupa Picada fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 9, 2013

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Goons have beaten Manaya's Core! Its not too hard of a fight if everyone knows what to do and no one panics if someone dies! Much more fun than ACHM with better rewards too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8x0CRV16ck

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

Demicol posted:

I'll transfer a character over from Killian, what level are you guys?

I am only level 20, the other goons I know are only mid levels. So don't transfer if you expect end game stuff. Not sure about flipswitch and co. though. Still, the more goons the better.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Velveteen posted:

Goons have beaten Manaya's Core! Its not too hard of a fight if everyone knows what to do and no one panics if someone dies! Much more fun than ACHM with better rewards too.

Good job! You want to hold at 9% so everyone can burn queen as low as possible during her walk. I mean in NM you can just wait out the power/attack speed buff but it's a serious pain in HM.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Well, this is a thing http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-players-power-level-for-prizes

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

"TERA’s “No Sleep ‘til 60!”"

What a thing to advocate, maybe slightly contradictory to the in-game reminder of how long you have been playing. Also, don't forget to "play responsibly." But it's great to see that somebody's publisher is at least doing something.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 9, 2013

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Velveteen posted:

Nice work! Now do it with the UI turned off :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekHEeh2foo

I don't mean to belittle your efforts at all, I just think this is a cool video that I found some time ago.

Does the glow of this tank's weapon suggest that it is enchanted to a maximum of +9 :psyduck:

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 9, 2013

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Installer won't work because it incorrectly detects my cpu as being only 664mhz (my system meets the recommended requirements). Is there any other way to download the client or get around this?

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 9, 2013

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

Only thing I can think of off the bat is to install it on another computer or laptop, then copy the patcher/client to the computer you are going to play on before patching.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Are the rewards for the powerleveling thing any good? Re: the shades -- are those exclusive or just something you get in the shop?

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Amante posted:

Are the rewards for the powerleveling thing any good? Re: the shades -- are those exclusive or just something you get in the shop?

They are worth some money/gold sure, nothing really to start farming alternate accounts for. But if you're just starting up, they're a nice incentive for it.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
If you can actually get a character to 60 in two weeks I think you'd be able to sell the robo-turtle-throne mount for a decent chunk of gold.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Nechronic posted:

If you can actually get a character to 60 in two weeks I think you'd be able to sell the robo-turtle-throne mount for a decent chunk of gold.
I'm really tempted to try this out, since I have no life. Considering my highest char now is at 44 though, I don't really know how viable it is to get to 60 in that time. How long time did it take people here to get to 60 the first time?

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
My character is level 16 or so. Is it worth making a new account and starting over for the powerleveling thing? I can't decide...

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Acidian posted:

I am only level 20, the other goons I know are only mid levels. So don't transfer if you expect end game stuff. Not sure about flipswitch and co. though. Still, the more goons the better.

I was asking just so I know which one to take, even if its only lvl 16 that's 16 levels I don't have to do.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ImsaKidd posted:

My character is level 16 or so. Is it worth making a new account and starting over for the powerleveling thing? I can't decide...

On one hand, 1-20 is around 4 hours of gameplay and hitting the minimum level for bonuses, 30, should be trivial in two weeks. 1-30 is two-three afternoons of play even if you don't rush it. On the other hand rushing straight to 60 in 2 weeks is not healthy, since the pace slows down considerably after 40 and doing 53-57 is a slog, especially if you want to do it fast and ignore the more tolerable parts of the stretch (namely, bams and instances). Of course it'll be a LOT better if you buy yourself a 7-day xp boost for the duration whitch is probably what EME is counting on.

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011

I've been asking about my issues with textures, I thought posting an image of the issue would clarify everything. I turned on low performance dimming to emphasise the issue.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: Issue occurs with lighting on properly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Eddalius posted:

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: Issue occurs with lighting on properly.

Usual questions - what video card are you running and does it have the latest available drivers loaded?

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Usual questions - what video card are you running and does it have the latest available drivers loaded?

7870 and yup. Tried with both 13.1 and 13.2 beta. Both have the same issue. No defects with the graphics card, runs fine on everything else. I'm currently reinstalling.

EDIT: Reinstall fixed the problem. Used the same files to reinstall too. so I don't know what was wrong.

Eddalius fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 10, 2013

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't know much about how the cash shop stuff in this game works, so I'll just ask, are those sweet shades from the power-level event tradeable? I kinda want them, to the point of being willing to make a new account and level it up, but I don't know if it's like automatically soulbound or what. Same question for the mounts, if I even bother to go that high. I just want to get those things to my actual main.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Are the mount rewards for race-to-60 exclusive to the event or available in-store? Also I was gonna ask about the soulbound business but on post preview Gaia beat me to it.

Tera EBgames/Australia status update: turns out cheap-tera was because EB was doing a big stock clearance in February and now they don't even list tera on their website anymore, despite having tera in stock in stores.

I managed to pick up a spare copy (last one in store) and asked the guy where the closest one was after this. He said it was 400kms away up the coast. Yeah. I guess I'll hold onto it for a few months and see what happens. Sydney is outta stock, QLD/VIC has stock. No idea if the price is still $12 or back to $60.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

That power-leveling event may be the worst idea I've seen in an MMO ever. At best people are going to try it, burn out and probably quit the game. At worst some kid will end up hospitalized through malnourishment or dehydration and lack of sleep and they get a bunch of terrible press.

Let's take the worst aspects of MMOs and build a contest around it! :v:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I fail to see what's so bad about this contest. It seems like a fairly boilerplate attempt to get new players in the door to test drive the game, set during a promotional period of two weeks. The payouts start as low as level 30 (half of the max level), but I'm sure they know that a majority of new players won't even make it that far. Still, if it leads to a certain amount of new people trying out the game, En Masse did their job.

But, uh, boo En Masse for encouraging people to play a MMO, I guess.

Amante fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 10, 2013

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Having an event to get new players into a game is great, but they're sorta making the event unfriendly to the existing playerbase. Granted you just need a new tera/account but its just arbitrary requirement to hassle existing players, who would rather have their characters conveniently on one account especially if they've got founders/elite.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
It'd be nice if they added something in for existing 60 players, but I don't really find the lack of our part in the event insulting since it's purely to grab new players. My problem is not allowing people who are already under x level on all chars to do it with the same account they already have, I had a friend start and get founders already and now that's kind of out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Enmasse posted:

You can currently only transfer to and from Celestial Hills, Tempest Reach, and Mount Tyrannas.

So.. I rolled on Ascension Valley, so I'm stuck there unless I want to start over, right? I've only played for a couple of hours, so it's no big loss, but I thought I'd check and see if maybe Enmasse were just slack about updating that page or something.

• Locked thread