Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Toriori posted:

To be fair, that looks like the average teens room, I mean if its a 30 year old guys room it's weird but it looks pretty standard 16 year old.

Well, it's a brony so it could very well be a 30 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

The gooniest goon lair I have ever come across, the proud owner of this magnificent abode shall be known by the name of Kurt. Kurt was one of my friend's housemates. He has an imaginary Chinese girlfriend, and at one of my friend's houseparties, he walked round with a knife attached to his belt and threatened to rape one of the guests.

Yes, that is the entirety of the room. As far as I know, he has no wardrobe. His clothes hang off a half made bedframe, which is presumably why he sleeps on that mattress on the floor. There are no doors on his room either. I have spent many a sleepless night on that red couch you can see at the back because it's been too late to go home, hoping I don't get murdered. This picture was taken when he had mysteriously disappeared for a couple of days, I couldn't resist the opportunity to snap a picture of this lair.

Scary stuff.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Bad news, he's been behind you the entire time.

Waiting.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Hey, I use that mouse. It's a good mouse.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

nomapple posted:

The gooniest goon lair I have ever come across, the proud owner of this magnificent abode shall be known by the name of Kurt. Kurt was one of my friend's housemates. He has an imaginary Chinese girlfriend, and at one of my friend's houseparties, he walked round with a knife attached to his belt and threatened to rape one of the guests.

Yes, that is the entirety of the room. As far as I know, he has no wardrobe. His clothes hang off a half made bedframe, which is presumably why he sleeps on that mattress on the floor. There are no doors on his room either. I have spent many a sleepless night on that red couch you can see at the back because it's been too late to go home, hoping I don't get murdered. This picture was taken when he had mysteriously disappeared for a couple of days, I couldn't resist the opportunity to snap a picture of this lair.

Scary stuff.

A bunch of my good friends in college shared an apartment, and the whole place looked like that. I am so loving glad I ended up not moving in with them when they got place or I would have loving hated life and them within a month.

Are there swords everywhere? Their place had random swords all of the place

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think clarice has been spending too much time in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WaaTGf8eY

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

I am not sure why it surprised me that the belt is loving huge.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

jalopybrown posted:

The usual shithole, dirty dishes, ponys and other clutter. Nothing really stood out until I noticed those pepsi cans hanging from the ceiling, is this something the youth of today do?

Looks like this person took some inspiration for their interior design from No-Bark.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

What even is the purpose of those pepsi cans? Is this some kind of DIY light thing people actually do, or is it just some inexplicable goon thing?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Suzuki Method posted:

What even is the purpose of those pepsi cans? Is this some kind of DIY light thing people actually do, or is it just some inexplicable goon thing?

It's the next evolution of piss jugs. Anyone can just piss in a jug while sitting in a chair. Truely jaded (and talented) poopsockers need more challenge and thrill that can only come from pissing into suspended cans.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
People get bored, put poo poo (sometimes literal poo poo) on their ceiling because they can. Then they think "I bet I could hang this from my ceiling." And lo and behold, you have pepsi cans hanging from your ceiling.

Also I'm pretty sure it was "hip" at one point to hang CDs from your ceiling.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Lance Streetman posted:

People get bored, put poo poo (sometimes literal poo poo) on their ceiling because they can. Then they think "I bet I could hang this from my ceiling." And lo and behold, you have pepsi cans hanging from your ceiling.

Some of my mates in college shared a flat at one time, where they'd decorated the living room by hanging empty plastic soda bottles from the ceiling. Directly from the ceiling; they just tacked the bottle caps to the ceiling and screwed the empty bottles back on to the caps. Not just a few bottles either, the ceiling was covered with wall-to-wall bottles. Also they used an old kitchen oven as a TV/video stand (TV on top, VCR inside).

This was about twenty years ago so it's not exactly a "kids these days" thing. :corsair:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Toriori posted:

To be fair, that looks like the average teens room, I mean if its a 30 year old guys room it's weird but it looks pretty standard 16 year old.

What average teen has all that poo poo in their room?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Hashtag Nascar posted:

That could easily have been either of my little sisters' rooms at home before they went off to college. Except it's too neat and there isn't ENOUGH junk.

How many teenage girls' bedrooms have you been in recently?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Faerunner posted:

How many teenage girls' bedrooms have you been in recently?

This is a trap guys, a trap!!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Hashtag Nascar posted:

All my friends had all sorts of crazy poo poo in our room and we were all pretty "average" I'd say. When I saw the Pepsi cans I remembered how one of the cool things me and other girls were doing was taking old Jones soda bottle and filling them with...paint water. So they were just colorful. I also had my closet which was plastered with pictures of mostly naked guys clipped from Cosmogirl. Plus I have a 15 year old brother and his room is pretty similar, albeit cleaner. V:shobon:V

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Faerunner posted:

That could easily have been either of my little sisters' rooms at home before they went off to college. Except it's too neat and there isn't ENOUGH junk.

Yea, I had amassed a collection of a few hundred AOL CDs (they sent one seemingly every week to myself and a few relatives). I went away to college and came back and to my horror my sister had turned her entire room into some kind of giant CD reflector wall. I do not have a picture of this sadly.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
I love this thread. I really do. It keeps me motivated and allows my house to remain immaculate. I can never slack off cleaning now because all it takes is two clicks and holy poo poo...I have to clean again. You won't find floating pepsi cans or anime dolls at my house. No sir. No way in hell.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Glasgow Kiss posted:

I love this thread. I really do. It keeps me motivated and allows my house to remain immaculate. I can never slack off cleaning now because all it takes is two clicks and holy poo poo...I have to clean again. You won't find floating pepsi cans or anime dolls at my house. No sir. No way in hell.

Really this seems like sort of an overreaction to me. But if this was a reaction to Hoarders then yes I agree. This thread is honestly pretty mediocre to bland in terms of people being messy. Hoarders though, that show is a whole new level.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

On the show (Hoarders) the people are manifestly nuts too. It is amazing and sad.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

KillHour posted:

Those are CD/DVD duplicators. This is obviously a movie/game/whatever counterfeiting operation.

Not necessarily. I knew 2 guys in the 90s who had a setup very similar to this. It was a Hip-Hop "Record Label". The "recording studio" was in the next room, consisting of a 16-track mixer, mac desktop computer, and jungle of mics and cables.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

euphronius posted:

On the show (Hoarders) the people are manifestly nuts too. It is amazing and sad.

I was just talking to somebody about this the other day, too: It seems like, 9 times out of 10, "hoarders" on those shows look a good 15 or 20 years older than their actual age. It's bizarre.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

euphronius posted:

I want to watch and enjoy Hoarders/Intervention but it makes me so sad. Everyone has always experienced some horrible trauma of sorts and it makes me feel bad for watching and I just want everyone to get better. :smith:

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Here is a Godzilla size collection. :rimshot: Note not associated with first picture.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

I love his mums expression, like she's just now discovered her son is a manchild and is stunned.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

jalopybrown posted:

I love his mums expression, like she's just now discovered her son is a manchild and is stunned.

That's a Japanese comedian, so I'm curious as to the context of this picture.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Well I think we're all laughing, so... job well done?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

That Godzilla collection owns. Haters vacate :colbert:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

LateToTheParty posted:

Here is a Godzilla size collection. :rimshot: Note not associated with first picture.

There's nothing thats not awesome about this.

grandma why
Sep 24, 2010

terrible

Francostein posted:

I think clarice has been spending too much time in this thread:

This is brilliant

Somewhat related I suppose

hope they're celebrating someone real, and they for some obsessive reason wanted that theme, and not the birthday of an anime dude

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

grandma why posted:

This is brilliant

hope they're celebrating someone real, and they for some obsessive reason wanted that theme, and not the birthday of an anime dude

They are probably celebrating the birthday of the anime dude. Cause you know, they care about that.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

(Another Everdraed masterpiece)

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

:ssh: Not to burst your bubble but this was already posted in the thead by Francostein.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Oh, right, I didn't see it because it wasn't embedded. :sweatdrop:

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

grandma why posted:

This is brilliant

I like how they have so many pictures of him screaming for some reason. Like, I understand the concept of wanting to print out the coolest cool pix ever of your favourite anime thingo, but there's something unwholesome about sending the same screaming guy to the printer ten times.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

While impressive, you have to admit its goony as gently caress:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
How many god drat monitors do you need?

Ganon
May 24, 2003
Nerds love monitors

This guy has a pig, which I now want

Adrastus
Apr 1, 2012

by toby

Bro Dad posted:

While impressive, you have to admit its goony as gently caress:

What is he going for there? Tron meets soviet Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Ganon posted:

This guy has a pig, which I now want

OK, what in the world. This guy has a clean, orderly apartment, and a pig napping on a couch wrapped in a blanket. OK, my favorite goon lair.

• Locked thread