Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evveron
May 10, 2008

Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

John McCain posted:

Anyone ever encountered and/or been able to resolve a bug where Joshua doesn't properly give you his little speech about "O daughter of Babylon..." as you're leaving the Narrows after talking to Daniel and picking up Waking Cloud? He runs up you, the camera zooms in as though dialog is about to start, but it looks like it doesn't actually trigger the dialog, so the camera zooms right back out again.

I just had this bug 10 minutes ago :tinfoil:. I'm also having some problems with npc relations I think, because all of the White Legs are neutral and Cass is hostile to me for some unexplained reason. Is there an easy way to set the slate clean with all factions in terms of having default relations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So I've been having another go at New Vegas and I've encountered something dumb.

Nevada Skies, a mod that deals with skies, lighting, and weather, also includes an undocumented change to the hacking minigame. It more or less completely removes it by making only the correct password appear in the gibberish. While I can understand the appeal of the mod to some, (I still like playing mastermind) WHAT THE HELL is it doing in a weather mod?

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Ohio State BOOniversity fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 31, 2023

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
A word to the wise: If you start a save with Mission Mojave don't think that you can just uncheck the mod and continue on your save. I did that and now the Pyromaniac perk's formlist is completely hosed and won't recognize DLC weapons. Now my character build is *shudder* suboptimal. Don't be like me. :saddowns:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I got a new computer and reinstalled FNV, modded it from scratch with the newest versions of everything and weeded out a million unnecessary mods, ran BOSS, solved all conflicts by hand, undeleted records, removed identical to master records, sorted masters, and... it crashed before the main menu. FNVEdit doesn't show any missing masters, so I'm a little baffled.

Edit: Made a bashed and a merged patch as well, no dice. The game won't even launch with only the game ESMs checked, even freshly installed ones. Tried deleting the INIs as well. What in the gently caress?

Edit #2: One of the menu files had been corrupted somehow. All good now.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 5, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

7c Nickel posted:

So I've been having another go at New Vegas and I've encountered something dumb.

Nevada Skies, a mod that deals with skies, lighting, and weather, also includes an undocumented change to the hacking minigame. It more or less completely removes it by making only the correct password appear in the gibberish. While I can understand the appeal of the mod to some, (I still like playing mastermind) WHAT THE HELL is it doing in a weather mod?

That's really weird. That must be relatively new, since I never had that issue when I was using 0.6.x

Also, the hugboxing shitheads white-knighting author's intent on the Nexus can get hosed. Seriously.

Ebbder
Aug 24, 2006

I don't know how I feel about this.
I have been using Project Reality and while I love it I have some pretty horrible frame rate issues when it rains. It is weird because I have a very good computer and get upwards of 60 fps constantly, no matter the effects of dynamics of a scene. But for whatever reason when project reality decides its time to rain, my fps tanks to like ~30. So does anyone know how to remove rain from the cycles or get it to not tank my fps? Oddly enough RAD storms don't cause my fps to drop...

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Dras posted:

I have been using Project Reality and while I love it I have some pretty horrible frame rate issues when it rains. It is weird because I have a very good computer and get upwards of 60 fps constantly, no matter the effects of dynamics of a scene. But for whatever reason when project reality decides its time to rain, my fps tanks to like ~30. So does anyone know how to remove rain from the cycles or get it to not tank my fps? Oddly enough RAD storms don't cause my fps to drop...

Project reality has some optional effects like depth of field that butcher your frame rate, and can become stuck on without you actually doing anything. Go into it's MCM menu and try unchecking depth of field. If it's already unchecked, try checking it, resuming the game for a few seconds, then go back into the menu and uncheck it. If that doesn't work then I have no idea and you will have to talk to somebody smarter than me.

Ebbder
Aug 24, 2006

I don't know how I feel about this.

Crigit posted:

Project reality has some optional effects like depth of field that butcher your frame rate, and can become stuck on without you actually doing anything. Go into it's MCM menu and try unchecking depth of field. If it's already unchecked, try checking it, resuming the game for a few seconds, then go back into the menu and uncheck it. If that doesn't work then I have no idea and you will have to talk to somebody smarter than me.

Unselecting depth of field, as well as every other optional effect in project reality still causes my framerate to tank when and only when it rains.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there a way to fix the clipping issues with my character's head? I made it too wide and now stuff the Veteren's helmet and the modded-in sunglasses get mixed in with the head.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Daionus the 23rd posted:

Is there a way to fix the clipping issues with my character's head? I made it too wide and now stuff the Veteren's helmet and the modded-in sunglasses get mixed in with the head.

showracemenu in the console. Just don't switch race, IIRC it kills your perks.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Dras posted:

Unselecting depth of field, as well as every other optional effect in project reality still causes my framerate to tank when and only when it rains.

I am having this exact problem and would love to know if anyone has any solutions.

Omnininja
Aug 3, 2006

The life of a ninja can be pretty tough at times, but remember that no matter what, you got a pal who could kill you any time he wants, but be the best drinking buddy ever

Rinkles posted:

I've categorized and labelled the guns into imgur albums (why can't imgur retain original filenames or at least use them as titles?). And here's a drop box link for the entire thing zipped. This is based off the latest 2.9 WIP release. e:Aaand I just realized without a paid account 30% of the pictures aren't visible to others. I'll either make albums without a login or try minus, but I've had my week's share of copy and pasting file names so I'll get to it later.

I don't know how useful this'll be for anyone else, but since I already did it I thought I'd share.

I use The Armory and oh wow, I cannot tell you how useful this is. A lot of what I use in game is based on how it will fit with my character concept and as such I spend a lot of time just looking at the guns in game to figure out what is what. You've saved me a ton of hassle.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
My fix for the fps tanking with Project Reality's rain is to remove the radial blur values from the imagespace modifier F3NVBlurRain in GECK.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

delta534 posted:

My fix for the fps tanking with Project Reality's rain is to remove the radial blur values from the imagespace modifier F3NVBlurRain in GECK.

I tried editting it using GECK earlier and I have no idea what I am doing. Is there a step by step to remove the radial blur? I don't even know how to properly load into GECK.

edit: I loaded up GECK, unchecked everything but project reality, and loaded it, it gave me a weird warning, I continued anyway. Found the F3NVBlurRain thing, opened it, clicked the x's on every of the radial blur values. Clicked apply, saved it as a new .esp, added it to my load order, removed the old one, and now Project Reality just doesn't load...

double edit: OK I reopened GECK and selected the FNV.esp master file, and then the project reality esp and set that to active, modified the radial blur values for f3NVBlurRain, saved it and loaded it up. It works now but I'm still getting the crazy fps problems I've always been getting. How do I disable rain all together from the cycles in GECK?

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Mar 6, 2013

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
Here is the file with the necessary changes made already. Just replace the old esp with this one I still get a minor fps hit when it rains but it is nowhere near as bad. If anyone else has any issues with it I will see what I can do.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

delta534 posted:

Here is the file with the necessary changes made already. Just replace the old esp with this one I still get a minor fps hit when it rains but it is nowhere near as bad. If anyone else has any issues with it I will see what I can do.

Hmmm seemed to help a bit but my fps still drops to ~40. Its so weird because RAD storms don't cause any fps loss... I don't suppose there is an easy way to just disable rain storms but keep rad storms in?

Regardless thank you, its better than what I had and will use it.

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 6, 2013

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Hmmm seemed to help a bit but my fps still drops to ~40. Its so weird because RAD storms don't cause any fps loss... I don't suppose there is an easy way to just disable rain storms but keep rad storms in?

Regardless thank you, its better than what I had and will use it.

Your're welcome and I will see what else I can do to help the fps issue. If I cannot fix it, I will just add an option to disable the rain.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

delta534 posted:

Your're welcome and I will see what else I can do to help the fps issue. If I cannot fix it, I will just add an option to disable the rain.

Lordy my fps just tanked below 30 fps again when it started raining. If you could just remove the normal rain cycles all together I'd love you forever.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hey mod thread! I have two very specific gripes and I was wondering if there were any mods that covered them.
1. Both types of Pre-War Businesswear have the same texture. I'd like a fix for this.
2. The non-faction T-51b uses the Fallout 3 texture, meaning it's a bit green and moldy looking. Are there any texture or armor packs that bring it in line with the rest of the power armors which are a bit more clean and silver?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I think there is two or three business suit texture fixes on the Nexus already.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

StandardVC10 posted:

Hey mod thread! I have two very specific gripes and I was wondering if there were any mods that covered them.
1. Both types of Pre-War Businesswear have the same texture. I'd like a fix for this.
2. The non-faction T-51b uses the Fallout 3 texture, meaning it's a bit green and moldy looking. Are there any texture or armor packs that bring it in line with the rest of the power armors which are a bit more clean and silver?

There are some power armor texture replacements in the "armor" section of the OP under the project title "bornagain".

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Lordy my fps just tanked below 30 fps again when it started raining. If you could just remove the normal rain cycles all together I'd love you forever.

Here is a quick fix that should disable the fps tanking part of the rain. It will still sound like it raining but there should be no rain drops. If you still experience fps issues or any crashes, please wait, I'm going to attempt to fix some other possible issues with the mod while trying not to introduce any more.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

delta534 posted:

Here is a quick fix that should disable the fps tanking part of the rain. It will still sound like it raining but there should be no rain drops. If you still experience fps issues or any crashes, please wait, I'm going to attempt to fix some other possible issues with the mod while trying not to introduce any more.

Thanks man, appreciate all the work you're doing.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I'm having a bit of a problem with the NMC texture overhaul pack. I followed the instructions for installing it but I'm having this happen in-game:

For example, this is what the dirt texture looks like from a distance.

But it looks like this up close.

Did I gently caress something up? :saddowns:

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Thanks man, appreciate all the work you're doing.

Well here is my days work on fixing Project Reality. In my testing I did not encounter any constant fps loss in rain but I make no guarantees that the bug has been fully squashed and the rain might look different.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Is it just me or are the Nexus fileservers dead?
Everything I try to download is currently timing out.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The servers frequently poo poo themselves.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Does anyone have a link to the Clean Up New Vegas mod? It looks like it got taken off of Nexus for some reason, and I can't find it anywhere else.

It's a great mod :(

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Smol posted:

Try using this version. That one worked for me on Windows 8.

I just upgraded my laptop and while this has gotten the game to run on Windows 8 64 bit for me, it won't load NVSE so half my mods remain broken. It also displays the New Vegas start up screen at the start every time instead of launching directly into the game like it used to do on windows 7 and I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that. I don't suppose anyone would have some insight into this problem would they?

EDIT: I'm a loving moron, the dlls had to be in the ".exes" folder created by fnv4g.exe

Commissar Of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 8, 2013

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
How do I override NMC's replacement of the main menu splash screen? Starting New Vegas isn't the same without the NCR Ranger staring directly at me and the official box art is just too gaudy for the opening title.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

How do I override NMC's replacement of the main menu splash screen? Starting New Vegas isn't the same without the NCR Ranger staring directly at me and the official box art is just too gaudy for the opening title.

You could probably just find the image in the NMC pack and delete it. The game should go back to using the vanilla image. Not sure what the name of that particular file is, however, but if you browse through the NMC pack, itself, you should be able to find it faster than if you browse your data folder.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You could probably just find the image in the NMC pack and delete it. The game should go back to using the vanilla image. Not sure what the name of that particular file is, however, but if you browse through the NMC pack, itself, you should be able to find it faster than if you browse your data folder.

Yeah, it took some snooping around, but I found it; thanks for the suggestion! For future reference or for anyone who wants to know, it's in Data > Textures > Interface > Main, and consists of main_background.dds and main_title.dds.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I have a weird bug since I got my new computer. Whenever a transparent texture is on screen, like grass or a fence, some faint, seemingly pointilized rectangles appear diagonally from the center of the screen. I have an HD7850 OC 2GB running at 1680x1050 with 16x AF and 4x AA. Transparency multisampling is disabled, as I gathered from a little googling that that would sometimes cause transparency issues.

Anybody encounter something similar?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So I downloaded the weapon animation replacers, but unhelpfully they need to be put in the relevant folders manually. The instructions say they go in the data/meshes directory but they aren't much more specific than that; does the rest of the file structure matter?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

I have a weird bug since I got my new computer. Whenever a transparent texture is on screen, like grass or a fence, some faint, seemingly pointilized rectangles appear diagonally from the center of the screen. I have an HD7850 OC 2GB running at 1680x1050 with 16x AF and 4x AA. Transparency multisampling is disabled, as I gathered from a little googling that that would sometimes cause transparency issues.

Anybody encounter something similar?

Can you take a screenshot of this? I'm having trouble visualizing it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

StandardVC10 posted:

So I downloaded the weapon animation replacers, but unhelpfully they need to be put in the relevant folders manually. The instructions say they go in the data/meshes directory but they aren't much more specific than that; does the rest of the file structure matter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpSCya407Q0

should help

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
Anyone know if the Delay DLC mod still has the hostile faction bug noted in the OP? I don't see anyone complaining about it in the recent comments, but.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49600/ - Released an AN-94.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head

Fereydun posted:

So, a fix for this just got released!

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49420

To make it work with New Vegas, just open up the esp in FNVEdit and change the master file to FalloutNV.esm instead of Fallout3.esm.

edit: Edited the link to the New Vegas version which got uploaded.

If this works for anyone, could you post which ENB config and version you're using? I still have transparent guns when aiming. :(