Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

serious gaylord posted:

At this point New Zealand losing is the far likely result.

In our hearts, we all knew it would come down to this. A contest to see which team could throw the match down the toilet harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

In our hearts, we all knew it would come down to this. A contest to see which team could throw the match down the toilet harder.

England started with a pretty big ante, but it looks like NZ has called and is about to raise.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Typical loving Black Caps.

And what did you expect? England to struggle on the very same pitch we just scored 460 on with ease? The Black Caps bowling has not really been bad and they could have played far, far worse in this match.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
haha compton will get a ton and he'll be 1st xi for ashes

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Wandle Cax posted:

And what did you expect? England to struggle on the very same pitch we just scored 460 on with ease? The Black Caps bowling has not really been bad and they could have played far, far worse in this match.

To be fair, you did well to stop Cook-O-Tron before he set off in pursuit of 150+.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Tony Jowns posted:

haha compton will get a ton and he'll be 1st xi for ashes

So?
He's a comfortably better batsman than 10/11 of the Australian team. In fact, Luke Wright is a better batsman than 10/11 of the Australian team.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Finn isn't a nightwatchman. His careful, considered 20 in the first innings got him moved up to first drop.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
As much as I want to remind New Zealand that they're the inbred step brother of world cricket, I just remembered that KP is on a King Pair and i'd quite like to see that happen.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm hoping Finn has a Jason Gillespie moment.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im hoping he has an embolism.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

if i was a captain of a cricket team and a batsmen said he wanted a nightwatchmen i'd make him swap positions with the bowler in the order. such a beta bitch boy move.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehappyprince posted:

if i was a captain of a cricket team and a batsmen said he wanted a nightwatchmen i'd make him swap positions with the bowler in the order. such a beta bitch boy move.

Which is why you always have a nightwatchmen.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Signs it may not be the most exciting morning's cricket: Trott comes in and the scoring rate doubles.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Finn isn't a nightwatchman. His careful, considered 20 in the first innings got him moved up to first drop.

I wasn't joking.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think this perfect cricket has made the cricinfo guy nod off.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Test Match Sofa is making this more interesting. Talking about eating battered fish poo right now. Surely more interesting than the cricket.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The groundsman should be fired. Dunedin likewise.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The NZ bowlers really cant stick to line and length can they? Fired in everywhere. Its a team full of medium pace harmissons.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

serious gaylord posted:

The NZ bowlers really cant stick to line and length can they? Fired in everywhere. Its a team full of medium pace harmissons.

I'm sorta half watching - are there one or two left arm seamers? There's this left arm guy who produces a loving perfect ball, but only once an over or so, the rest is being sprayed like a hose

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Shane Warne's squad for the 3rd India test:

1 Warner
2 Watson
3 Maxwell
4 Clarke
5 Khwaja
6 Wade
7 Henriques
8 Smith
9 Johnson
10 Pattinson
11 Lyon

Lol.

His Ashes squad:

1 Watson
2 Warner
3 Marsh S
4 Clarke
5 Wade
6 Henriques
7 Faulkner
8 Maxwell
9 Coulter-Nile
10 Pattinson
11 Lyon / Siddle Depending on Conditions....

Ferguson & Khwaja as the spare batsmen...

Bird & Starc as the 2 spare fast bowlers

Hauritz as the spare spinner...

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Finn's gonna get a 50 and a reputation as an all rounder and we'll never get rid of him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is his highest score in first class cricket.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

'The ball is almost deaccelerating when it hits the pitch' - Botham

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Get rid of Compton, play Finn as an opener and bring back Ravi.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

bring back Ravi.

Who?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is the worst test match.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Auditore posted:

Shane Warne's squad for the 3rd India test:

1 Warner
2 Watson
3 Maxwell
4 Clarke
5 Khwaja
6 Wade
7 Henriques
8 Smith
9 Johnson
10 Pattinson
11 Lyon

Lol.

His Ashes squad:

1 Watson
2 Warner
3 Marsh S
4 Clarke
5 Wade
6 Henriques
7 Faulkner
8 Maxwell
9 Coulter-Nile
10 Pattinson
11 Lyon / Siddle Depending on Conditions....

Ferguson & Khwaja as the spare batsmen...

Bird & Starc as the 2 spare fast bowlers

Hauritz as the spare spinner...

I would love Australia to put out that ashes squad against us. Warne is a fuckwit. I don't even know where to begin. Watson as opener was never particularly good. Marsh is a drunk idiot with no patience. Faulkner, same thing, but not even as good. And dropping Starc, one of the few seriously good seamers Australia have, would leave us all giggling in anticipation like Japanese teenage girls about to meet Justin Bieber. And what's with his infatuation with Nile-Coulter? He sounds like that friend everyone has sperging about a band no one has heard of telling you how they are really the best band in the world because their lead guitarist bends the strings this way. The beautiful thing about his team is that half of them haven't played more than 1-2 matches for Australia if at all, so no one can call him out on how poo poo they are. And since they'll never get picked he can keep spouting his poo poo sounding smart. I almost prefer his profound tweets on life, courtesy of the cricinfo tweet feed.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Wade at 5

e: Wade above Henriques

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The groundsman should be fired. Dunedin likewise.

The match referees should be allowed to call off a match being played on these kinds of pitches, on the grounds they are pointless, boring, and wasting the lives of cricket addicts. I could have been fishing drat it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
England TRIED to make it interesting. It's not our fault New Zealand can't follow the script.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
That Warne Ashes team... :negative: So many bits and pieces all-rounders, Shaun Marsh, Coulter-Nile who is not test quality yet. At least he didn't put Smith in it.

The problem is the cupboard is so bare. Ponting is the leading run scorer in the Shield which sums up Australian cricket atm. Chris Rogers could be a smoky selection, even though he is old, he has a mature head.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Before this game, Finn had scored a total of 51 test runs.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

goatface posted:

Before this game, Finn had scored a total of 51 test runs.

Getting out a nightwatchman is beyond the capability of the NZ bowling "attack".

(picture less stars and a kiwi on this flag:)
:australia:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Trott is out. Could there still be some life in this match? With 52 overs remaining, if NZ gets some quick wickets, they could still win this.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Unimpressed posted:

Trott is out. Could there still be some life in this match? With 52 overs remaining, if NZ gets some quick wickets, they could still win this.

No.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The crowd look so bored. What an awful pitch.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

thehappyprince posted:

Finn's gonna get a 50 and a reputation as an all rounder and we'll never get rid of him.

I like Finn so tar for the reverse spoonboy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Drop Pieterson.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Oh the irony. Matthew Wade(1.70m) has injured his ankle, playing, of all things, basketball. http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/second-freak-injury-for-wade-20130310-2ftpy.html

Not to compare him to McGrath, but the Aussies really don't have good luck with extracurricular ball games. Still it might turn sweet for them with Haddin likely to be flown in to replace his useless arse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The rain on day 1 saved New Zealand after all

• Locked thread