Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Also Eck has 74 innings and guys with that many IP are usually wasted in a strict closer role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm also not sure how well this advice holds up at 140 mil since I never play that high. But Milacki and Eck are both really good so I guess it should?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

It's really more about usage than effectiveness. You'll better be able to maximize their innings with Eck as SuA and Milacki closing.

Also, I just realized that Toney, Richard and Elton are in Long A roles, I'd have all of them as SuA's as well.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

AlleyViper posted:

It's really more about usage than effectiveness. You'll better be able to maximize their innings with Eck as SuA and Milacki closing.

Also, I just realized that Toney, Richard and Elton are in Long A roles, I'd have all of them as SuA's as well.

So basically everyone Setup A, except for Milacki as closer?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

That's how I'd be running it, yeah. The long guys available earlier in the game with larger PC's, obviously. Mo and Eck not available until probably the 7th since you have the guys you have.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
So I've got Toney, Chamberlain and Richard available starting in the 5th, with 30/50 target/max pitch counts, Eck & Mo available as of the 7th with 15/20, and Milacki as of the 9th with 10/15, auto rest at 98, and closer only in save situations.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I'd have Mo and Eck at 10/15. Neither should really be throwing more than 15 pitches with their IP/G. If you're really willing to stretch it do 10/20, that would generally see them pulled after one inning of work but would give them a little more leeway to work out of a jam.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Barry's, 70+ games in.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

93 bonds should be playing every game

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

93 bonds should be playing every game

I know, he got down under 93% and I rested him, he's back now.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

barf

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Barry Bonds scored some runs

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

:stare:

:catstare:

Uhm........ wow.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

i actually don't think i've seen more than 45ish runs scored in a game before, that's pretty nuts

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So if no one else really wants to do it, i'll set up a yahoo league. What stats do we want? Who wants to join?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

So if no one else really wants to do it, i'll set up a yahoo league. What stats do we want? Who wants to join?

I'm in.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Good luck gyroball in the Mordecai world series.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

He's gonna need it

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ZJ and my TOC is finally up. I'm a 7th seed and not likely to even win 1 series. Somehow, ZJ is an 8th seed.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Somehow, ZJ is an 8th seed.

he had an 84 win team

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I don't think I've ever had a team be so good and then fall so hard as my Musial team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I didn't make the playoffs, when I was jockeying for the #1 overall 30 games ago.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Devo posted:

I don't think I've ever had a team be so good and then fall so hard as my Musial team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I didn't make the playoffs, when I was jockeying for the #1 overall 30 games ago.

My stan team is going to fall out of wild card position at the last minute and make me really upset, I can feel it.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Devo posted:

Not if I have anything to do with it. I'm just hoping I have a SLB team that finishes over .500 for the first time, playoffs would be a bonus!

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010

40m sure makes for interesting teambuilding.

There are a bunch of slots left if anyone wants to join this crazy small-cap rollercoaster, mlb104580.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

foolish_fool posted:

40m sure makes for interesting teambuilding.

There are a bunch of slots left if anyone wants to join this crazy small-cap rollercoaster, mlb104580.

That pitching staff is, uh... something, but that doesn't seem like it would be enough IP. Or PA, really. Is there AAA in this craziness?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Every team will be playing in parks like Petco.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Groucho Marxist posted:

Every team will be playing in parks like Petco.

Oh, that's a requirement? I guess that makes sense, to make the pitching less... awful. And it doesn't have much of an effect on PA.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
The last time I played in a 40m league I had about that quality of pitching and had too many IP at ~1130. The cap makes pitchers with 3.0-3.3#ERC look like 2000 Pedro. Really I have more trouble finding enough PA because it is hard to get sufficiently cheap players.

I'm playing in Yankee Stadium III so Ott can hit a bunch of dingers.

There is no AAA in this league but really no restrictions otherwise.

e: actually I'm mistaken. This is what I ran last time and won ~110 games or so:

Looking at this again maybe I should switch out pitching for some more IP.

foolish_fool fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 12, 2013

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

ArtVandelay posted:

ZJ and my TOC is finally up. I'm a 7th seed and not likely to even win 1 series. Somehow, ZJ is an 8th seed.

i'm going to lose to a prog team lol

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I somehow managed to win my first TOC series. Pretty convincingly at that.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Goons owned it up in the last round of random captain. Took 5 out of 8 playoff spots with 4 more of us being at .500 or better.

New round will be going up in a week or so. Here's the captains

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Devo posted:

Goons owned it up in the last round of random captain. Took 5 out of 8 playoff spots with 4 more of us being at .500 or better.

New round will be going up in a week or so. Here's the captains

Someone get at me on twitter or by pm when it goes up, I'd like to get in on it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This Barry vs Brett Butler game is rather epic

Edit: also, because I love this

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 14, 2013

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

gardenald posted:

Someone get at me on twitter or by pm when it goes up, I'd like to get in on it.

I'm giving the 24 who played the last round first dibs but if any of them drops you'll be first up

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

:stare:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i'm going to lose to a prog team lol

mmyep

First round wooo

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
bob lemon threw a complete game shutout to win game 4 for me and then babe adams followed that up by giving up 8 runs

well ok then

Operaterp
Apr 6, 2008

FEAR THE TURTLE.
I'm in, Art, for the yahoo league....

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, I've got a guy in Greenwell whose contract I no longer want on my books. I was going to waive him and hope someone claimed him but we're in the playoffs and he already passed through waivers unclaimed during Waiveageddon, so I can't waive him a second time. I figured I'd remove him from the 40-man then add him again to see if it would let me waive him again, and I get this message which I was only vaguely aware existed in HBD since it has never come up for me before:

There's no prompt from here to let him walk so I'm guessing the default release option is the only release option. Is there a way to release him this way that voids his contract or is it only possible to release a guy that still sticks you with his contract as normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=19678649&pid=1&pbp=0

Pedro Martinez cares not for your ability to put the bat on the ball

e: potential for an all goon final four in Random Captain

• Locked thread