Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
They're going to remove your eyes while you sleep for that :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Pollyanna posted:

I've heard black cats are generally really chill and affectionate, is this true?
Confirmed. Einstein is definitely the cuddliest cat I've seen. He's on my lap all the time, including right now.

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!
Apologies in advance but I'm having a pretty good time at the minute and I want to gush about how much of a good boy Arthur has been. My fiancée went into labour at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. The contractions got steadily worse and even though he is such a scaredy cat, Arthur lay by her on the bed and refused to move. For a cat that runs and hides under the dining table at the first sign of a loud noise, this is really impressive but he didn't shift once, just lay by her side. He was super brave putting up with my fiancée's cries.

He had been super affectionate in the 2 days prior to my daughter arriving and continues to be so now, he is coming over and laying on my arm, initiating cuddles, or burrowing his head and demanding head rubs.

Maybe I am reading into it too much but I'm sure he was being a sixth sense motherfucker and he knew poo poo was going down. I'm sure he knew that baby was coming and he was protecting my missus, guarding her during labour.

He is such a brilliant cat. He is my pal. I'm positive he is chilling at home, protecting the house from crooks and pulling elaborate defence techniques like in Home Alone in our absence. What a top draw cat.

I just hope he is super chilled out when baby and mum come home as it's about to get noisy and a whole lot more active in this household. I hope he takes to her, I will be gutted if he has to go because he can't behave around her, if he behaves hostile towards her.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Pollyanna posted:

I've heard black cats are generally really chill and affectionate, is this true?

My cat walks in circles meowing directly at me, and then gets all claws and sad meows if you pick her up. I may have a defective cat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is this the cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIz4cUXNMmU

This seems like the cat :3:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

She will do all those things. If that cat was picked up and turned into sadness and sharpness then yes.

In fact that looks exactly like her.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
SHE HAS THUMBS. Am I the only one who noticed that??

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Saint Darwin posted:

My cat walks in circles meowing directly at me, and then gets all claws and sad meows if you pick her up. I may have a defective cat.

Sadie does the exact same thing. She turns into a wiggling unhappy kitty with indiscriminate clawing if you even move to try and put her onto your lap even though she very much wants attention. Yet the instant she escapes your grasp the tail goes right back to being a question mark and she is meowing and rubbing again.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Bingley also greets me at the door and meows (and meows and meows) until he gets attention. He is also the only cat I've had that will sleep with me most of the night. So yeah, pretty darn affectionate.

plus this page needs pictures

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Are all black cats this hard to record?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMB8R6snaxc

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

JimmydaFish posted:

He is also the only cat I've had that will sleep with me most of the night.
Whilst this sounds great, if he's anything like mine then you will end up hot and at some stupid angle for the night

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Rusty! posted:

Whilst this sounds great, if he's anything like mine then you will end up hot and at some stupid angle for the night

Having bro/sis adult black cats means heavy hot weights on either side of my limbs on the duvet. Crushing me. Forced angles inevitable.

Nice wintry feature, bad all-season feature.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

^^^^
Bingley has pretty good bed manners. He
usually stays knee level or lower. He also doesn't have the need to sleep on me or between my legs.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Blinks posted:

Apologies in advance but I'm having a pretty good time at the minute and I want to gush about how much of a good boy Arthur has been. My fiancée went into labour at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. The contractions got steadily worse and even though he is such a scaredy cat, Arthur lay by her on the bed and refused to move. For a cat that runs and hides under the dining table at the first sign of a loud noise, this is really impressive but he didn't shift once, just lay by her side. He was super brave putting up with my fiancée's cries.

He had been super affectionate in the 2 days prior to my daughter arriving and continues to be so now, he is coming over and laying on my arm, initiating cuddles, or burrowing his head and demanding head rubs.

Maybe I am reading into it too much but I'm sure he was being a sixth sense motherfucker and he knew poo poo was going down. I'm sure he knew that baby was coming and he was protecting my missus, guarding her during labour.

He is such a brilliant cat. He is my pal. I'm positive he is chilling at home, protecting the house from crooks and pulling elaborate defence techniques like in Home Alone in our absence. What a top draw cat.

I just hope he is super chilled out when baby and mum come home as it's about to get noisy and a whole lot more active in this household. I hope he takes to her, I will be gutted if he has to go because he can't behave around her, if he behaves hostile towards her.

Regarding this, I've heard from different sources that cats can usually detect changes in body temperature (usually happens when someone is sick or in some kind of distress) and will tend to be around more. I wouldn't doubt that they might be able to sense hormonal changes too, but not sure. I've had cats a couple times in my life (as a kid before allergies, and been around them through friends) and they definitely sense when something's up. An old friend of mine had a grumpy furball tabby cat that absolutely didn't want to be around people and would get hissy and bitey, probably because she had a couple young kids that didn't really treat the cat right. Second day I visited her place with a few other friends, grump cat waltzed over to the sofa where I was sitting, sat on the arm, and rubbed her head on my arm for pets. I gave her a few gentle scritches and rubs and she still kinda had that grumpy growl, but never hissed or swatted or tried to bite at all (it was like her growl and purr functions were swapped or something). According to my friend, I was maybe the second person that cat had ever been that affectionate with, outside her - she HATED everyone else for some reason, but was super chill with me. :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'm 6'4 and I haven't bought an extra-long bed yet, so I usually end up sleeping diagonally (this also happens to make lady sleepovers interesting, because my feet hang off the bed and I cant get comfy; sacrifices I suppose), giving Prince a lot of room to make himself comfy.

When I was home and off work after my accident and high as a kite on various painkillers and muscle relaxants, that cat was either hanging out with me being chill or chasing people away from my bed.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Rusty! posted:

They're going to remove your eyes while you sleep for that :D

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cat, hat. In French: chat, chapeau. In Spanish, el gato in a sombrero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgJvqyZNjs

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

zzz

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Absolute Evil posted:

I know this wasn't directed at me...but THIS. A hundred times this. I love my black cat and dog that I adopted from the shelter. But Elmer, my orange cat, who chose me by jumping on my back when I was bending down to pick up another cat, he means the world to me. If I'm at the computer, he's on the back of my chair. If I'm in bed, he's forcing me to share my pillow, If I take a shower, he's in the bathroom with me, having a conversation with me. It astounds me how I lived without him before and terrifies me that I'll someday be without him. I have two (human) children who always joke that Elmer is my 3rd (favored) child who actually listens to me. I always scoffed at "crazy cat ladies" who were so deeply involved with their cats and then I met this furry little shithead. I now understand and revel in my cat-insanity. :3:

It's pretty funny how you describe your Elmer. My Elmer (he only has black spots) is the same way. He is at the door waiting for me when I walk in. Then circling me talking until I sit down. He never allows himself to be more than about 5 foot from me at any time. If I let him, he'd never not be on me. He sleeps on the ottoman at my feet when I'm on the computer, or on top of me when I'm on the couch.

Idiot in question.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jet plays fetch :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbimBhb0c2M

chad radwell
Jan 16, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chad radwell fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 13, 2015

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I wanna rub dat belly :colbert:

chad radwell
Jan 16, 2009

chad radwell fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 13, 2015

notmandatory
May 18, 2006
More belly!

NuttySquirrel
Feb 16, 2013
As a child I always liked black cats. I knew that if I was ever able to get my own I would get a black on. In September of 2009 by husband and I went to the Detroit Michigan Humane Society to get a couple cats for our new apartment. They had so many cats that they had to put some in the puppy area and where having a buy one get one half off deal. That's when we got our two cats.

This is Tokyo.

She's my cat and she loves to follow me every where. She doesn't like to have me out of her sight at all.

This is Zalgo.

He is my husband's cat. The poor thing is so afraid of every little noise. Just the other day I was trying to cut his nails and he got so worked up that he peed all over me. I really wish I could get him to not be so afraid.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

N'awww I love this picture. Gorgeous cats.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

He sleeps like this :3:

He also occasionally sleeps by hugging/latching onto my arm and burying his face in it. Best kittyyyyyyy

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Here's a couple of my meowbox Newton:

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Hey everyone, here's my black cat, Conrad Kurze, a.k.a. Kurzie, a.k.a. turd. I got her from a local tavern that had a feral cat give birth on their property. All of her brothers and sisters except one got killed by a fox and an owl, so it was lucky for her that she was caught and put up for adoption. Animal control got to her before I did, which is how she was spayed and got her right ear clipped. She's a very noisy kitty, prone to bitch about almost anything from her food bowl being empty to your presence in a room. Kurzie also has a bad habit of jumping onto surfaces that you're about to sit on.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

NuttySquirrel posted:

This is Zalgo.

Goodness, I hope you're feeding him t'char free cat food!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How the hell do you take videos of black cats that don't look like rear end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTs_q2rWWlI

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Mabel Mischief got all badass on her walk today

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Pollyanna posted:

How the hell do you take videos of black cats that don't look like rear end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTs_q2rWWlI

Dawww thumbs!

As much light as possible, then some more (sunlight is ideal). Preferably at an angle to the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHbuwVQN5E&hd=1

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Haha, such a threatening little fella!

Ford can be so photogenic sometimes.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Leon's majesty shines through even in badly-lit cell phone pics.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

My goddamn black cat has decided that our bed is for peeing on, even if someone is in it, in order to show her displeasure. She's now not allowed in our room even when there are people there.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Have you had her checked out at the vet? Sudden changes in cat behavior usually means some sort of illness. Peeing in soft places can mean crystals and if so, those need to get taken care of ASAP.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Abbeh posted:

Have you had her checked out at the vet? Sudden changes in cat behavior usually means some sort of illness. Peeing in soft places can mean crystals and if so, those need to get taken care of ASAP.

No she's peed on the bed forever. She also claims odd shaped soft things. She ignores everyone else's beds and the couches but damned if she doesn't think our bed is HER bed.

We didn't let her in the room for a long time after the first time she did it years ago. When we had parties we would throw her in there with her supplies and she never caused an issue. If we're slow on moving her stuff out and locking her back out then after a week or so something will happen.

It honestly might be that her box gets too dirty for her taste and that's her way of expressing herself, hell with the timing that makes absolute sense since we would clean the box before putting her in our room.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Take a picture of your litter box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Is she peeing normally, or does it take her a long time?