Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

nene. posted:

I left and came back and it's still the same, its been like 30 minute.

edit It's not letting me close the program I hit X and it won't let me if I use task manager and quit it will I break everything?

EDIT 2!! What the heck I restarted it and this time it's only on "Injecting stage 1 jailbreak data..."

You were sure to back up, restore factory settings, update/restore from back up, then jailbreak right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

Blimpkin posted:

You were sure to back up, restore factory settings, update/restore from back up, then jailbreak right?

Oh oops I think I skipped the update restore form backup part

I mean i followed the instructions in the OP and it just said to "erase all content and settings" and then restore that AFTER the jailbreak, so, that's how I was doing it.

nene. fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 9, 2013

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006
Has anyone tried ShowCase on the iPad?

Works fine on my iPhone 5 6.1.2, but not on my iPad 4 6.1.2.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

nene. posted:

Oh oops I think I skipped the update restore form backup part

I mean i followed the instructions in the OP and it just said to "erase all content and settings" and then restore that AFTER the jailbreak, so, that's how I was doing it.

You did "erase all content and settings" via the phone's interface? If you weren't jailbroken that might work, but if you were it won't.

I've never had a single issue with the process I posted. If you can restart the process, and you've got a backup on iTunes, just restore the phone to factory settings, then update, THEN restore the backup you made, THEN jailbreak. In that order you should encounter no errors. If you do, then it's beyond me.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
THE MOTHERFUCKER BACKED UP MY IPHONE WITHOUT ASKING AND I LOST EVERYTHING ON THE MANUAL BACKUP I MADE

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

nene. posted:

THE MOTHERFUCKER BACKED UP MY IPHONE WITHOUT ASKING AND I LOST EVERYTHING ON THE MANUAL BACKUP I MADE

Check the folder apple puts the backups in. There's a chance your manual backup is still there, sometimes it keeps 2 or 3 old backups. Though if it did I think you're supposed to be able to select them via a drop down.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

nene. posted:

Why aren't you using iCloud backup?

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

nene. posted:

Not sure exactly what happened, but your old backup should still exist in iTunes. You might need to re-restore your phone and jailbreak again, but your manual backup should still be available.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Nope it's gone, iTunes seems to only keep like 2 backups, and I had it automatically syncing(including a backup) every time I plugged in the phone because it hadn't mattered before. I think I lost all the photos on the phone but I'm jailbroken now~

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are you on a Mac or PC?

My advice would be if there are no old backup folders in the file system to try out one of those programs that can scan your HD for files that were deleted but not removed from the HD.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
A game called Blazing Souls Accelate is on the App Store. It appears to be related to the Spectral Souls games but I don't know a whole lot about those. Anyone know if this is a port or something? It looks interesting, but at 14 bucks I'm not quite ready to take the plunge.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Nickoten posted:

A game called Blazing Souls Accelate is on the App Store. It appears to be related to the Spectral Souls games but I don't know a whole lot about those. Anyone know if this is a port or something? It looks interesting, but at 14 bucks I'm not quite ready to take the plunge.

You might have better luck in the iOS Games thread and/or googling for reviews.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
poo poo, I thought I was in the games thread. Sorry about that!

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
is there a tweak that lets me set my epub files as icons instead of having them in ibooks?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

What can let me show date, time, AND free memory on my status bar? Barring that (hehe) what about date and time?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Bouchacha posted:

What can let me show date, time, AND free memory on my status bar? Barring that (hehe) what about date and time?

StatusBarCustomClock4

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

SBSettings has that option.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Super Deuce posted:

StatusBarCustomClock4

Installing now. Will springtomize do it? FYI you have to add this repo http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

From google

quote:

After installing go into settings/statusbarcustomclock4 & remove all the stuff thats in the date format box

Now copy & paste this in there EE M/d - h:mm

Select english where it says locale

Now repspring.

EE is day of the week.

FM is free memory I think.

Also if you want Military time (or the time fromat everyone else in the world uses)use HH (has to be capital). I think you can add emoji or whatever poo poo too) I put an apple between day and date and it looks cool. You can change how often it refreshes (I have every 1 second) not sure if this will hog resources/drain battery?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 10, 2013

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How long does the evasion jailbreak thing usually take on a 5?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dickeye posted:

How long does the evasion jailbreak thing usually take on a 5?

....5 minutes? Really?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Christoff posted:

....5 minutes? Really?

I was trying to figure out if I'd have time between picking up my phone and work to do this tomorrow, it wasn't me trying to ask a dumb question.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Dickeye posted:

I was trying to figure out if I'd have time between picking up my phone and work to do this tomorrow, it wasn't me trying to ask a dumb question.
While it doesn't take long to do it, if you're in a rush and need a (working) phone you might want to wait until you have some time to take it easy and not be hurried. Unless you have some kind of urgent emergency need to JB I guess.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've been out of the loop for a while. Are we advised to update to 6.1.2 and jailbreak? I'm on 6.1 on an iPhone 5.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
6.1.2 is the latest version and it is jail breakable. The Evasi0n team have said that 6.1.3 patches the jailbreak exploit - its in beta testing at the moment.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while. Are we advised to update to 6.1.2 and jailbreak? I'm on 6.1 on an iPhone 5.

There's no essential reason to update* but you might be best to update and save your SHSH blobs while it's still possible

*unless you've suffered battery life problems since updating to 6.1 or need to fix the Exchange calendar bug

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

nene. posted:

Nope it's gone, iTunes seems to only keep like 2 backups, and I had it automatically syncing(including a backup) every time I plugged in the phone because it hadn't mattered before. I think I lost all the photos on the phone but I'm jailbroken now~

It happened to me too, nene. I thought I had it set to not automatically sync but I think an iTunes update changed it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

onoflalks posted:

There's no essential reason to update* but you might be best to update and save your SHSH blobs while it's still possible

*unless you've suffered battery life problems since updating to 6.1 or need to fix the Exchange calendar bug
Running the latest version of Tiny Umbrella on Win7, it only seems to be saving 6.1 and not 6.1.2. :confused:

edit: n/m, I'm dumb.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 11, 2013

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

It took much longer to sync up all my apps/music than it was to jailbreak my 5.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008
Does anyone know how to get rid of "Tap To Tweet" in LockInfo? All the solutions online say "sign out of twitter". Also the widget toggle in LockInfo for the twitter widget doesn't seem to have any effect.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Modern Pragmatist posted:

Does anyone know how to get rid of "Tap To Tweet" in LockInfo? All the solutions online say "sign out of twitter". Also the widget toggle in LockInfo for the twitter widget doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is that still controlled in the stock Settings.app?

E: I'm dumb and thought you meant the notification Center not lockinfo

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 11, 2013

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

Blimpkin posted:

Is that still controlled in the stock Settings.app?

E: I'm dumb and thought you meant the notification Center not lockinfo

Oh ok figured it out. It was actually in the stock settings. For some reason there's a separate "Share widget" that I had to disable. Not sure why that's not accessible from the twitter/facebook settings...

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Maybe I have the settings all hosed up, but I 100% do not understand how using swipe on TouchPal works.

Sometimes when I swipe, I'll finish a word and it'll get it right. Great. What I want to happen next is after it inputs the word, I want it to automatically put a space inbetween that word and the next. However, it only does it half the time.

For example if I want to type, "for example"

I'll swipe over "f-o-r" and it'll come up with "for" after I lift up my hand. Then I'll swipe over "e-x-a-m-p-l-e."

Half the time it comes up with "for example"

Half the time it comes up with "forexample"

Also, if I try to type individual letters, I randomly have to input the first letter of each word twice?

So I'd have to touch the keys, "f-f-o-r space e-e-x-a-m-p-l-e"

To get "for example." If I don't hit the first key twice, I get "or xample"

I want this to work so bad :( The only thing I have set to off is the third option. Any ideas?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

aherdofpenguins posted:

Maybe I have the settings all hosed up, but I 100% do not understand how using swipe on TouchPal works.

Sometimes when I swipe, I'll finish a word and it'll get it right. Great. What I want to happen next is after it inputs the word, I want it to automatically put a space inbetween that word and the next. However, it only does it half the time.

For example if I want to type, "for example"

I'll swipe over "f-o-r" and it'll come up with "for" after I lift up my hand. Then I'll swipe over "e-x-a-m-p-l-e."

Half the time it comes up with "for example"

Half the time it comes up with "forexample"

Also, if I try to type individual letters, I randomly have to input the first letter of each word twice?

So I'd have to touch the keys, "f-f-o-r space e-e-x-a-m-p-l-e"

To get "for example." If I don't hit the first key twice, I get "or xample"

I want this to work so bad :( The only thing I have set to off is the third option. Any ideas?

I literally am only keeping TouchPal around for the ASCII emoticons, because my girlfriend can't use emoji, but can display ASCII characters. I like the idea of the SWYPE interface, but Touchpal is just too finicky/touchy and I spend more time correcting/finalizing than actually using SWYPE to chat.

Speaking of ASCII emoticons, does anyone know of a keyboard/emoticon pack filled with Japanese emoticons? I love those drat things.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Blimpkin posted:

I literally am only keeping TouchPal around for the ASCII emoticons, because my girlfriend can't use emoji, but can display ASCII characters. I like the idea of the SWYPE interface, but Touchpal is just too finicky/touchy and I spend more time correcting/finalizing than actually using SWYPE to chat.

Speaking of ASCII emoticons, does anyone know of a keyboard/emoticon pack filled with Japanese emoticons? I love those drat things.

You mean stuff like ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ?

I have a Japanese phone so I can't really test this, but is it possible for you to install the default Japanese keyboard? If so, that automatically comes with a billion of them. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

aherdofpenguins posted:

You mean stuff like ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ?

I have a Japanese phone so I can't really test this, but is it possible for you to install the default Japanese keyboard? If so, that automatically comes with a billion of them. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Well, I guess I can drop TouchPal, holy poo poo, there's so many.

edit: ♪( ´θ`)ノ

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 11, 2013

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Interesting new lockscreen winterboard theme:

http://www.studiographic.ca/peekly/

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 11, 2013

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Lum_ posted:

Interesting new lockscreen winterboard theme:

http://www.studiographic.ca/peekly/

Once that hits a repo, I'll probably install it. Looks pretty nice.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Kind of dumb that the weather and the clock aren't on the same screen, but I'll probably use it since I'm not doing anything with my lockscreen at the moment.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Example of swiping right to see your calendar:

The two biggest problems are that you never actually see the entire event (the screenshot shows as far right as you can swipe) and it only supports a Google calendar with public permissions. There's only so much you can do with javascript... Still it's a heck of lot cleaner than Lockinfo and Intelliscreen at the moment. It'd be cool if there was a decent lock screen app though.

Installing is pretty simple if you have OpenSSH set up, just open up an SFTP session to your phone and put the theme directory where it's supposed to be, then edit one settings file. Took me all of 5 minutes and 3 of them involved putting Winterboard back on my phone.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Lum_ posted:

It'd be cool if there was a decent lock screen app though.

NoLockscreen :colbert:

• Locked thread