Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Call Now posted:

This is so hardcore

just read the cremation wiki and now know where "i've got a bone to pick" comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

buttcoin smuggler posted:

i'd rather they scan my brain onto a distributed computer network that includes multiple self-reproducing satellites so I live forever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Neutron Star Manhattan.ogv

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ANeutron_Star_Manhattan.ogv

a 10 second video of zooming into manhattan with a neutron star on top for size comparison. the video serves no unique purpose and could have easily been illustrated with a still picture

highly unrealistic. a neutron star that close to the surface of the earth would have absorbed the entire planetary mass into itself in microseconds. terrible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ANeutron_Star_Manhattan.ogv

a 10 second video of zooming into manhattan with a neutron star on top for size comparison. the video serves no unique purpose and could have easily been illustrated with a still picture

huh since when did wikipedia allow my filthy closed source computer to play .ogv files

usually I just get yelled at for not having their plugin

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
my computer won't play it

idk gently caress wikipedia

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

it serves to provide an autisement for non-standard video codecs.

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

Shaggar posted:

it serves to provide an autisement for non-standard video codecs.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Shaggar posted:

it serves to provide an aspertisement for non-standard video codecs.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
yeah both video and audio. never understood that about wikipedia

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
uugh...

AAGH!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

michael bay directed the video for "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls :stare:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Michael Bay owns

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s_in_fashion

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

yeah i see kids wearing steampunk stuff on the subway all teh time you didn't know it was a trend???? :rolleyes:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

it has more citations than the other categories as well

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hashtag Nascar posted:

it has more citations than the other categories as well

it would have to; that's the kind of thing where i'd want to add {{fact}} to every sentence, just to be a dick

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

holy poo poo i LOVE the hipster (contemporary subculture) article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_kids

it's the first time i've seen it and between the Late 1990s through early 2010s and Critical analysis are hilarious and there's probably more, i've just gotten started here. crackin up at my desk at work over here, thanks

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4txN1ut20

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

is NAMBLA actually a thing? i can never remember if it was just a south park joke or an actual thing and i dont really care to google it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Hashtag Nascar posted:

is NAMBLA actually a thing? i can never remember if it was just a south park joke or an actual thing and i dont really care to google it

it's a real thing. i know this because the former campaign manager of the pm of canada is a member apparently and after he admitted it all of his political allies were like :getout:

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
According to Tania Darlington in a paper published by the University of Florida, the series is a parody of otaku culture, especially cross-dressing, yaoi and yuri cultures within otaku culture.[12]

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

i do, as a rule

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's a real thing. i know this because the former campaign manager of the pm of canada is a member apparently and after he admitted it all of his political allies were like :getout:

it's funnier than that

Flanagan then stated that he has “no sympathy for child molesters, but [has] grave doubts” about putting them in jail for their “taste in pictures.” The crowd jeered, but Flanagan’s mouth kept on going like the Energizer Bunny. He claimed it is an issue of personal liberty and even gave an off-the-cuff mention that, “due to a long story,” he was put on the mailing list of the national man/boy love association and received its mailings for two years.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

i do, as a rule

they are biodegradable so once they go off i usually spread them on the garden

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Blackula69 posted:

Flanagan then stated that he has “no sympathy for child molesters, but [has] grave doubts” about putting them in jail for their “taste in pictures.” The crowd jeered, but Flanagan’s mouth kept on going like the Energizer Bunny. He claimed it is an issue of personal liberty and even gave an off-the-cuff mention that, “due to a long story,” he was put on the mailing list of the national man/boy love association and received its mailings for two years.
"a long story"? i got all the time in the world :allears:

wanna read that source.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

frankly there aren't enough preppies, its a cute style

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

it's funnier than that

okay, that's not the sort of thing where you can be all "it's a long story, don't worry about". people will make time.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

he said that in a speech in front of a roomful of people at a big university

there was media there, of course. Like he said that in front of a roomful of people and reporters

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
RSA Security has never officially released the algorithm; Rivest has, however, linked to the English Wikipedia article on RC4 in his own course notes.[5]

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

he said that in a speech in front of a roomful of people at a big university

there was media there, of course. Like he said that in front of a roomful of people and reporters

so, a funny thing happened on my way to pick up a quart of milk!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

so, a funny thing happened on my way to pick up a bag of milk!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

An easter egg features on the DVD. If the 'Gallery' screen is displayed, the left button on the remote control can be clicked to highlight Dominic Howard's trousers. If the enter button is pressed whilst the trousers are highlighted, a screen will come up advertising the band's website.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
While Martin calls the majority of his fans "great", and enjoys interacting with them,[5] some of them turned against him due to the six years it took to release A Dance with Dragons.[3] A movement of disaffected fans called GRRuMblers formed in 2009, creating sites such as Finish the Book, George and Is Winter Coming?.[6][3] It is not uncommon for Martin to be mobbed at book signings either.[1] The New Yorker called this "an astonishing amount of effort to devote to denouncing the author of books one professes to love. Few contemporary authors can claim to have inspired such passion."[3]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

This is the the first time that a pope has been named "Francis"[66] and the first time since Pope Lando's brief 913 reign that a serving pope held a name unused by a predecessor[67] (though the dual-name John Paul had not been used before Pope John Paul I adopted it in 1978, the names had separately been used previously).

:fishmechin:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
hello what have we here?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

pope lando calrissian

i get it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

oh i actually found it close thread

An online movement of Holmes supporters, self-described as "Holmies", have created Tumblr and Twitter pages defending Holmes. Members of the group, post images of themselves wearing plaid clothes and drinking Slurpees, in mimickry of Holmes. They also create drawings featuring Holmes and discuss writing to him in jail.[83][84][85][86][87]

There are also Facebook conspiracy theorists [88] [89][90], who consider themselves different than "Holmies" and yet share the same characteristics such as wearing plaid, using his picture as an avatar, coddling Holmes, writing to him, and "researching" the case. Post-its that were left in a courthouse bathroom advertising a conspiracy documentary on Holmes was claimed to be the work of this group [91], who has also resorted to contacting members of the victims' families in an attempt to convince them that the shooting was fabricated and that Holmes is a patsy.[92] Recently, this group and their antics were mentioned by District Attorney George Brauchler in a court document concerning the safety of the Aurora shooting victims.[93]

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

An online movement of Holmes supporters, self-described as "Holmies", have created Tumblr and Twitter pages defending Holmes. Members of the group, post images of themselves wearing plaid clothes and drinking Slurpees, in mimickry of Holmes. They also create drawings featuring Holmes and discuss writing to him in jail.[83][84][85][86][87]

There are also Facebook conspiracy theorists [88] [89][90], who consider themselves different than "Holmies" and yet share the same characteristics such as wearing plaid, using his picture as an avatar, coddling Holmes, writing to him, and "researching" the case. Post-its that were left in a courthouse bathroom advertising a conspiracy documentary on Holmes was claimed to be the work of this group [91], who has also resorted to contacting members of the victims' families in an attempt to convince them that the shooting was fabricated and that Holmes is a patsy.[92] Recently, this group and their antics were mentioned by District Attorney George Brauchler in a court document concerning the safety of the Aurora shooting victims.[93]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Blackula69 posted:

um excuse me, it was found three pages ago:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This is the the first time that a pope has been named "Francis"[66] and the first time since Pope Lando's brief 913 reign that a serving pope held a name unused by a predecessor[67] (though the dual-name John Paul had not been used before Pope John Paul I adopted it in 1978, the names had separately been used previously).

:fishmechin:

my fav is pope hilarius