Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I have come to the realization that liking Blutengel is nothing to be ashamed of very simply because Blutengel owns. I might actually have to get the box edition of Monument, it sounds so good.

Omi-Polari posted:

Yeah, I thought it was great, and then it actually got better the more I listened to it. It has these insane VNV Nation style anthems on it that are just absolutely killer.

I'm also not hearing the bathos-dripping vampire aesthetic come through very strongly. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) It's more like 80s goth cyberpunk.

They make the vampires work just fine but that Lucifer song made it hard for me to like them for a long time. The chorus was so badass but the cat scare piano and SHE NEVER FIT IN :reddit: broke my irony meter. And I watch Faderhead's music videos.

e: not much about vampires in Monument, I guess... is anyone else getting Ashbury Heights vibes off of it?

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

DeusExMachinima posted:

is anyone else getting Ashbury Heights vibes off of it?

Yes!
I've been listening to a ton of them lately as well. I like the direction Blutengel has taken. A lot less spooky and more danceable.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

They make the vampires work just fine but that Lucifer song made it hard for me to like them for a long time. The chorus was so badass but the cat scare piano and SHE NEVER FIT IN :reddit: broke my irony meter. And I watch Faderhead's music videos.

e: not much about vampires in Monument, I guess... is anyone else getting Ashbury Heights vibes off of it?

Hey Lucifer owns <:mad:>

Oh god I want to see Blutengel live

edit: Wow, seems they hit the top five in Germany with Monument. That's p. crazy.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 2, 2013

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

They're popular now they suck. :colbert: That's really amazing though for an underground goth group, but this is Germany we're talking about.

I've seen a live video of Lucifer so you can enjoy that. They've never done an American tour so I haven't seen them.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DeusExMachinima posted:

I've seen a live video of Lucifer so you can enjoy that. They've never done an American tour so I haven't seen them.
They did a small one last year. But choices were limited to Mexico City, New York, San Francisco, Montreal and ... San Antonio. I saw them and they're a lot of fun, but the show was really scaled down. No props, candelabras or skull thrones that shoot flames out the top, or anything like that. But they've got so much panache it doesn't matter.

They're also apparently really popular along the border, or relatively speaking, according to what I heard from an industrial DJ from the south Texas border I chatted with a few weeks ago. Apparently them coming to Mexico was kind of a big deal. Bizarrely, they even went on television. This is because Mexico is awesome. Unfortunately, the border industrial scene got kiboshed because of the drug war, since the bigger clubs were apparently on the Mexico side and the violence put an end to the cross-border nightlife.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 4, 2013

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Okay, so that Alt-Fest thing in the UK next summer now has a kickstarter apparently. I guess this is how festivals fund themselves further in this bold social media age?

I'm still pretty sceptical about the whole thing - given that it's around a month after the usual date for Amphi and probably featuring some of the same bands, I can't imagine it pulling in the big mainland Europe crowd they presumably need to fill out the numbers, even if all those bands actually play (given the not-very-high numbers at most scene events in the UK) Will be interesting to see what Resistanz do about this next year, since a fair amount of the high-profile headline type acts are all at AF.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I'm honestly waiting for that to turn into a big scam. It's going to implode spectatularly in some way. There's just something about it that really makes me skeptical that it's going to happen in any meaningful capacity. I really can't put my finger on it.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Okay, so that Alt-Fest thing in the UK next summer now has a kickstarter apparently. I guess this is how festivals fund themselves further in this bold social media age?

I'm still pretty sceptical about the whole thing - given that it's around a month after the usual date for Amphi and probably featuring some of the same bands, I can't imagine it pulling in the big mainland Europe crowd they presumably need to fill out the numbers, even if all those bands actually play (given the not-very-high numbers at most scene events in the UK) Will be interesting to see what Resistanz do about this next year, since a fair amount of the high-profile headline type acts are all at AF.

They really expect to get a license for a tent which sells fetish gear and implies there's actual loving? On land owned by a Duke who supports fox hunting and is filled with Ferraris? Optimists of the Year 2013 I think.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Full version of the new Blush Response album just dropped. I linked to the song "Delusional" awhile ago. Pretty good stuff:

http://basicunitproductions.bandcamp.com/album/tension-strategies

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

quote:

What will the festival be like?

Imagine combining the best Industrial, Goth, Steampunk and Metal festivals from around the globe and you have just the basics of Alt-Fest.

gathering of the juggalos woop woop.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jose Mengelez posted:

gathering of the juggalos woop woop.

Nothing says "alternative scene" like a busty girl dangling from a trapeze.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Run Dodo Run posted:

They really expect to get a license for a tent which sells fetish gear and implies there's actual loving? On land owned by a Duke who supports fox hunting and is filled with Ferraris? Optimists of the Year 2013 I think.

Ahaha. Boughton House. Not a motherfucking chance. Boughton wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. If they'd said Kelmarsh, it might have been possible, but loving Boughton? :laffo:

Hah, I'll make inquiries with someone I know on the estate staff, but the odds of this being real are really loving long.

ed: these appear to be behind it - beware that link, live-action tubgirl on it.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 7, 2013

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

So you know how a while ago I was saying that it was really sad that I'd never seen Imperative Reaction live even though I've been a big fan of him for many, many years.

Imperative Reaction are going to Infest 2013! :toot:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Baby Sathanas posted:

So you know how a while ago I was saying that it was really sad that I'd never seen Imperative Reaction live even though I've been a big fan of him for many, many years.

Which is awesome, but not as awesome as Dive playing too. Dirk Ivens is totally my industrial man-crush

Edit:

Seabound pulled out of Resistanz. That sucks.

BUT REPLACED BY FUNKER VOGT, HELL YEAH!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 8, 2013

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Baby Sathanas posted:

This makes me wonder if it'd be worth taking a vacation to the UK for Infest.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Which is awesome, but not as awesome as Dive playing too. Dirk Ivens is totally my industrial man-crush

Edit:

Seabound pulled out of Resistanz. That sucks.

BUT REPLACED BY FUNKER VOGT, HELL YEAH!

ARE YOU ACTUALLY KIDDING ME ARRRGH

Funker Vogt are like my #2 of bands I need to see, they're so important to past me and I might not be able to afford Resistanz this year! D:

Time to start saving money right now.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I've been writing "Pride and fall" on like 50 suggestion slips a year at previous infests definitely making the effort to get down this year.

Don't feel too bad about not being able to afford resistanz, okay maybe a little about Neuroticfish.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I enjoy Resistanz more than Infest these days so I'm more than a little pissed at myself. We'll see.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I think there are really cheap rooms in halls for doing Infest on a budget.

Have to admit, am very excited about seeing FV. It's kinda funny - I last saw them at Infest 2002... which was when I was meant to see Neuroticfish too except they cancelled and were themselves replaced (by SPOCK, heh)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

God Module is playing here soon. I'll probably go, though I haven't listened to anything since Empath from almost ten years ago.

Mordacious, The Ludovico Technique and Frontal Boundary are opening. I recognise a couple of those from Electronic Saviors!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Just got back from seeing KMFDM. Kunst was silly fun. The rest of the show was okay. Sad they didn't play any old stuff.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Just got back from seeing KMFDM. Kunst was silly fun. The rest of the show was okay. Sad they didn't play any old stuff.

What are you talking about? Setlist.fm tells me they're playing DIY, Son of a Gun, Anarchy, Megalomaniac and Drug Against War. That's plenty old stuff. I'd def see that show if I had the chance.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
VNV Nation news!

New album in September "Transnational"; tour starts in October and supposedly there's also going to be a proper release of VNV songs arranged for an orchestra!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

What are you talking about? Setlist.fm tells me they're playing DIY, Son of a Gun, Anarchy, Megalomaniac and Drug Against War. That's plenty old stuff. I'd def see that show if I had the chance.

I just wanted to hear Light :(

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

So... opinions on Faderhead? Haven't heard much out of him recently except Fistful of gently caress You, which was alright.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I think Son of a Gun is probably my favorite KMFDM song. Would love to see it live.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

DeusExMachinima posted:

So... opinions on Faderhead? Haven't heard much out of him recently except Fistful of gently caress You, which was alright.
Apparently their first album was "authentic" or "legit" or whatever the hell, but all I've seen/heard of theirs is insipid poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG7P6NX8yyE

But who am I to judge if they're happy and getting laid. Living the dream, right?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I still think Caustic doing a song with him was pretty hilarious given how Caustic songs tend to sound.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

teethgrinder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG7P6NX8yyE

But who am I to judge if they're happy and getting laid. Living the dream, right?

Snookie and the rest of Jersey Shore could pop out and start fist-pumping at any point in that video and you wouldn't even bat an eye.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Brainless club music, but the music video for that track was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlCLQqhiOg

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Electro-Industrial/Aggrotech is one of my favorite genres. However, as I've gone through various bands that I've heard on the radio & seen on YouTube/recommend lists, very few songs have had just the right sound that really catches my ear.

These are the best songs from the genre that I've heard to date. Anything similar to them would be most appreciated!

Aghast View - Immunity (with vocals)
Wumpscut - Soylent Green (both English and German)
Suicide Commando - Cause Of Death Suicide

I also think I really liked 1 or 2 Front Line Assembly songs, but I'm afraid that I can't remember the name(s).

Kalinka

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Radio Paranoia posted:

Brainless club music, but the music video for that track was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlCLQqhiOg

Haha ok, ok that one was actually really good.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Electro-Industrial/Aggrotech is one of my favorite genres. However, as I've gone through various bands that I've heard on the radio & seen on YouTube/recommend lists, very few songs have had just the right sound that really catches my ear.

Schadenfreude, by Aesthetic Perfection?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJ562ltrVY

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Schadenfreude, by Aesthetic Perfection?

Nice and fast, but too much of a dance sound.

I managed to locate a couple good FLA tracks. Not perfect, but definitely getting there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkjlNbm_56Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrOynX3esVo

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Rash Reflection or Hexonxonx by Skinny Puppy may be to your liking. You also may like various tracks by Grendel or God Module for that modern sound.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

skycake posted:

Rash Reflection or Hexonxonx by Skinny Puppy may be to your liking.

This would be closer to the OONZ OONZ paradigm if we are slandering the good name of SP with aggrotech accusations, I think.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Nice and fast, but too much of a dance sound.

I managed to locate a couple good FLA tracks. Not perfect, but definitely getting there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkjlNbm_56Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrOynX3esVo

Literally the only time I've ever heard Paralyzed referred to as anything but pefect. God drat that is a loving hell of an album. It's never got better than that.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

skycake posted:

You also may like various tracks by Grendel or God Module for that modern sound.

Image is pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAW7JKWZSL4

Any other recommendations?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baby Sathanas posted:

Literally the only time I've ever heard Paralyzed referred to as anything but pefect. God drat that is a loving hell of an album. It's never got better than that.

It did, Civilization and AirMech forever :colbert: :colbert: :colbert: (I actually haven't listened to Hard Wired that much as none of the tracks have ever really stood out for me on that album - maybe I'll give it another spin today and listen more intently)

Speaking of FLA, details on the new album are coming soon and the release date might be in August according to Twitter :woop:

I'm so loving excited about this. FLA dropping the guitars again (something about FLA's guitar sound and their use of them puts me off - although they do work great live) and going all electronic? Maybe there will be some AirMech-y influences? :allears: :allears:

e: can't write today

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Surprised everyone seemed disappointed by Kunst. I'm halfway through now and it seems like the most varied album they've done with the stable line-up, and biggest throwback to the 90s (to the point of reusing a lot of sounds).

..okay I'm not crazy about Lucia's vocals on Pussy Riot, though the chorus is alright.

edit: ha, now Sasha's singing lines from Terror. Been a while since I heard that awesome track.