Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
did a search and saw it wasn't posted in this thread so check it out, these kids go hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLy4j8EZIk

I'm on point like an elbow Hands red like elmo
My mama said 'have you had enough?' I look and I said "No ma'am"

also I just found this a while ago and 1. the second verse is sick, 2. the video is filthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plhgyp0KNQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

did a search and saw it wasn't posted in this thread so check it out, these kids go hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLy4j8EZIk

I'm on point like an elbow Hands red like elmo
My mama said 'have you had enough?' I look and I said "No ma'am"

also I just found this a while ago and 1. the second verse is sick, 2. the video is filthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plhgyp0KNQQ

Someone posted that second one aaaages ago, but it's a sick track and deserves to be seen more.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
The top 5 mixtapes there isn't terrible, I'd forgotten about some of those early G-Unit classics like Bump Dat. poo poo goes sideways quick with So Far Gone and Rich Forever though, plus no Gucci or Re-Up Gang in the top 10?

In much more important news, Sosa's free soon and I've hit replay on this triumphant poo poo like 6 38 times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOFTDIXIquA

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 11, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh I forgot to ask, I haven't been following the thread for too long so I can't tell but is it cool if I post a video I just made recently with a friend? It's a contest entry but really I just wanna share, I ain't tryna votescum but if you like it enough to vote it wouldn't hurt haha

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

oh I forgot to ask, I haven't been following the thread for too long so I can't tell but is it cool if I post a video I just made recently with a friend? It's a contest entry but really I just wanna share, I ain't tryna votescum but if you like it enough to vote it wouldn't hurt haha

If you want but if it's terrible we're going to tell you.

If you have to as it's probably terrible.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
word well I've never been offended by criticism, how else you gonna learn haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJfNzXk8eG4

interesting (to me) note, we had 3 days to do all the writing/recording/shooting cuz of logistical/scheduling conflicts, plus Klop was in Portland so tryna coordinate everything was p crazy, all things considered tho I'm happy with it haha (specially since it's my first ever).

between tryna find a job and this thing I got like 4 hours of sleep over 4 days and even tho I had it memorized I was barely able to get out 2 bars at a time by halfway through the shoot, one big lesson learned among many haha

oh also I wanted to call it Emerald Chill Zone but the director was a big gay babby about the pun so the title barely even makes sense :argh:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Can we assume you are the fat neckbearded dude in that video you goon.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I like the second dude. Plus he looks like Action Bronson so that's a bonus. The other two videos you posted were cool also.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Profondo Rosso posted:

Can we assume you are the fat neckbearded dude in that video you goon.

lol nah, sorry I forgot to mention who's who--I'm VR on the first verse (if any of y'all picked up Sat Heezy's Shark Week vol 2, I was on Capitalitis with SH and my wife Shubzilla), and the 2nd verse is Klop

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

asap-salafi posted:

I like the second dude. Plus he looks like Action Bronson

I liked the track, you were both able to rap and clever and the beat and production worked, so, good job.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Honestly it sounds like you're trying to make fun of rap. You've got this rick ross pastiche beat or whatever and then super corny rhymes about how you're hard and smoke, or some cliche poo poo. It has no real passion.

Here is what you're up against in this really limited genre of whiteboy parody rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ybd6Tl5Jo4

edit: Oh I see you didn't make the beat. Well you are a technically competent rapper so I hope you find your zone and own it and go on tour with Danny Brown and Kitty pryde.

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 12, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

the black husserl posted:

Honestly it sounds like you're trying to make fun of rap. You've got this rick ross pastiche beat or whatever and then super corny rhymes about how you're hard and smoke, or some cliche poo poo. It has no real passion.

Sorry you thought so, but that ain't it at all. And the rules of the contest say you gotta use one of the beats on the contest page, which are all FV beats; that one was ShacklezZz produced by Swizz. All we could do was cut for time and put in drops.

EDIT: other dudes up there^^^ thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

EDIT2: Thanks for the props husserl. also I admit I didn't even click on that video cuz I'm not really down with that kinda thing, I'm sure I'd just hate it anyway :/

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 12, 2013

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

alansmithee posted:

First I agree just releasing mix tapes doesn't mean someone is influential or relevant. But neither does releasing regular albums. And I gotta say you may be the first dude I've heard suggest going commercial helps improve an artists quality. Since trying to sell generally means playing to the LCD and whatever is trending. And sampling has died down, but I hardly think kanye has anything to do with it since he can afford to sample whatever the hell he wants. Also don't see why you have this odd aversion to edm, if anything that stuff had always had rap ties
I'm the first to say that? Commercial records have to be big records and I can't do mixtapes a lot because most of them are for the fans. So as long as Gucci can sell out some 1000 person rooms in a couple of cities, he'll always make a mixtape every 6 months.
But when artists get a budget, they can make bigger records with better features, better producers, and the music has to actually reach people. That's why Jay is so praised because he stayed true to his hiphop roots and grew the culture instead of feeding off 50,000 fans forever. I'd say the mixtape realm is good for artists, its good for hustlers but its bad for the art. Because cats can just build a modest fan base and tour without ever doing anything worth mentioning.

I love house and electric house but I don't want to hear knock off Benny Benassi or Swedish House Mafia forever. I feel it but having it permeate throughout hiphop for another 5 years will be too much. I could get more into it from a production standpoint , because I think hiphop has went past the point where its completely producer driven and you might as well start considering rappers as accompaniment to the music. Stateside, people will milk this trap stuff until its tiring. That Hot Cheetos song is a good indication how bankrupt trap is at this point but that won't stop labels from producing it until you are sick. That's why I hope Kanye does get involved because I think he will be willing to jump to the next trend and hopeful everyone will follow the leader.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Saying more money = better beats doesn't really ring true anymore. There's like thousands of band camps/sound clouds out their with ridiculous beats and a tiny listening base.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Programming beats and producing music is different too. A lot of good producers don't program beats. I was listening to some Dre today and it is hard to believe how much effort went into his music. Good producers make music. Without a budget, you aren't getting that.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

temple posted:

I'm the first to say that? Commercial records have to be big records and I can't do mixtapes a lot because most of them are for the fans. So as long as Gucci can sell out some 1000 person rooms in a couple of cities, he'll always make a mixtape every 6 months.
But when artists get a budget, they can make bigger records with better features, better producers, and the music has to actually reach people. That's why Jay is so praised because he stayed true to his hiphop roots and grew the culture instead of feeding off 50,000 fans forever. I'd say the mixtape realm is good for artists, its good for hustlers but its bad for the art. Because cats can just build a modest fan base and tour without ever doing anything worth mentioning.

I love house and electric house but I don't want to hear knock off Benny Benassi or Swedish House Mafia forever. I feel it but having it permeate throughout hiphop for another 5 years will be too much. I could get more into it from a production standpoint , because I think hiphop has went past the point where its completely producer driven and you might as well start considering rappers as accompaniment to the music. Stateside, people will milk this trap stuff until its tiring. That Hot Cheetos song is a good indication how bankrupt trap is at this point but that won't stop labels from producing it until you are sick. That's why I hope Kanye does get involved because I think he will be willing to jump to the next trend and hopeful everyone will follow the leader.

The only commercial artist I can think of who got started since mixtapes became a big promotional tool who isn't considered to have better mixtapes than albums is Kanye (who never really made mixtapes) and possibly Kendrick (although there's dudes I know who think his stuff on O.D. is better than good kid maad city, on top of him only having one commercial album). Wayne, Jeezy, 50 Cent, Rick Ross, T.I., Wiz, Drake, Gucci, Meek Mill, whoever. Look at the list you put up earlier-only dudes on there who don't have huge mixtape output that's considered as good as/better than their commercial poo poo are Kanye (who's just...different) and Nas (who started like 20 years ago and hasn't lived up to his debut album). Mixtapes let dudes put out the music they want to, without labels saying they need Bruno Mars on a hook or they can't sample Nautilus because they're not gonna sell enough or whatever else. Jay didn't stay true to anything but his pockets-he jumped from trend to trend all the way up. He's also got the pop sensibilities (cause that's what he is, a pop artist) to know when to go all in on a trend and when to just borrow from it, but he didn't grow anything. I think you're a little off-base with the whole mixtape thing and you got some odd idea about them because a bunch of artists you don't like release a lot of music in that format.

And honestly, the roots of hip-hop (which you seem very interested in preserving) had the rapper more as accompaniment to the producer/dj. So really this trend is just going back to the "roots". Although part of the reason I think it seems production is so much more preeminent in rap now is because dudes don't even have to know how to rap to sell and/or be popular anymore (as this thread is a testament to). But that's hardly the fault of EDM or cracker trap.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

temple posted:

Programming beats and producing music is different too. A lot of good producers don't program beats. I was listening to some Dre today and it is hard to believe how much effort went into his music. Good producers make music. Without a budget, you aren't getting that.

Well done programmable beats are just as good as "true beats" or whatever you're talking about

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

the black husserl posted:

Here is what you're up against in this really limited genre of whiteboy parody rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ybd6Tl5Jo4

edit: Oh I see you didn't make the beat. Well you are a technically competent rapper so I hope you find your zone and own it and go on tour with Danny Brown and Kitty pryde.

this is some lucasfilm level vfx jesus gently caress

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

Well done programmable beats are just as good as "true beats" or whatever you're talking about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_(music)

alansmithee posted:

The only commercial artist I can think of who got started since mixtapes became a big promotional tool who isn't considered to have better mixtapes than albums is Kanye (who never really made mixtapes) and possibly Kendrick (although there's dudes I know who think his stuff on O.D. is better than good kid maad city, on top of him only having one commercial album). Wayne, Jeezy, 50 Cent, Rick Ross, T.I., Wiz, Drake, Gucci, Meek Mill, whoever. Look at the list you put up earlier-only dudes on there who don't have huge mixtape output that's considered as good as/better than their commercial poo poo are Kanye (who's just...different) and Nas (who started like 20 years ago and hasn't lived up to his debut album). Mixtapes let dudes put out the music they want to, without labels saying they need Bruno Mars on a hook or they can't sample Nautilus because they're not gonna sell enough or whatever else. Jay didn't stay true to anything but his pockets-he jumped from trend to trend all the way up. He's also got the pop sensibilities (cause that's what he is, a pop artist) to know when to go all in on a trend and when to just borrow from it, but he didn't grow anything. I think you're a little off-base with the whole mixtape thing and you got some odd idea about them because a bunch of artists you don't like release a lot of music in that format.

And honestly, the roots of hip-hop (which you seem very interested in preserving) had the rapper more as accompaniment to the producer/dj. So really this trend is just going back to the "roots". Although part of the reason I think it seems production is so much more preeminent in rap now is because dudes don't even have to know how to rap to sell and/or be popular anymore (as this thread is a testament to). But that's hardly the fault of EDM or cracker trap.
What I'm saying is people like Wiz, Drake, Wayne, Meek, Wale, Krit actually made the jump. They are competing and taking the risk with a label. The safe money these days is having a mixtape buzz and doing shows. The commercial guys are trying to navigate mainstream and underground expectations. Guys like Gucci or Riff Raff can't flop in a traditional sense. Once you get tied to a fanbase or a scene, you are good as long as that scene survives.

edit: Jay did jump from trend to trend, Jay stayed relevant. He had the best of the best through out his career because he made profits.

The roots was a DJ and an MC. But at some point the MCs started becoming the showcase, like RunDMC, LL, Kane, and Rakim. But whatever. We can disagree.

temple fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 12, 2013

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

temple posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_(music)

What I'm saying is people like Wiz, Drake, Wayne, Meek, Wale, Krit actually made the jump. They are competing and taking the risk with a label. The safe money these days is having a mixtape buzz and doing shows. The commercial guys are trying to navigate mainstream and underground expectations. Guys like Gucci or Riff Raff can't flop in a traditional sense. Once you get tied to a fanbase or a scene, you are good as long as that scene survives.

The roots was a DJ and an MC. But at some point the MCs started becoming the showcase, like RunDMC, LL, Kane, and Rakim. But whatever. We can disagree.

I just don't see what the risk is? They go to a label, they still have their niche, only now they may be able to afford a bit more stuff while losing creative control. Gucci has major label releases so it's not like he didn't make the same "jump". All a label did for Wiz was get him stuck as a weed rapper. And Wayne was actually ON a label before he took off with his mixtape game. You earlier were talking about the lack of sampling in rap, krit wuz here would never get made on a label because the clearances would be too high for an artist of his profile.

Really it seems like you're not liking pop rap and are somehow thinking there was some golden era where major labels fostered a bunch of rap creativity. When I can think of exactly one example (Kanye) where a label might have actually helped someone creatively (and only reason it helped Kanye was because he was a proven artist already so when he asks for 28 orchestras and a ballet for a song, he'll get it). I see what you're saying about having to try to balance what their core wants vs. a more general audience, but all that happens is their sound gets watered down and they end up with crap. If you're talking about artistry, that's only helped by having avenues outside of the typical label structure.

This of course ignores the fact that a bunch of trends in pop rap start from dudes making mixtapes or whatever. So you end up with crappy versions of stuff made on mixtapes or dudes like Lupe having to try to rap over some knockoff Luger beat because some exec heard that's what's popular now.

And I agree that Jay-Z made money, but if (as you even said) he just jumped from trend to trend, how was he setting trends or doing anything risky? He was just able to see what was popular, and pay enough to make a reasonable knockoff of it. He's like a more skilled Rebecca Black.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I guess the sacrificing of creative control is the "risk"?? Maybe he thinks that the label altering their sound can be detrimental to a rapper's career. I can't think of any off the top of my head , but who are some of the biggest up-and-coming artists that this may have happened to?

As you said, Wiz didn't fall off but just became more generic.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 12, 2013

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
So I've come to the conclusion that Macklemore's genre is PSA rap. Bear with me for a moment:

Otherside: "Don't do drugs, kids!"
Same Love: "Don't judge others, gay people are humans too!"
Thrift Shop: "You don't need to buy things you can't afford to be cool! Be responsible with your money!"

Seriously, it's "The More You Know" in Bland White Rapper form. :backtowork:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

OwlBot 2000 posted:

So I've come to the conclusion that Macklemore's genre is PSA rap. Bear with me for a moment:

Thrift Shop: "You don't need to buy things you can't afford to be cool! Be responsible with your money!"

There are many reasons to dislike Macklemore. His songs having positive messages is quite possibly the dumbest reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
I don't dislike him, or like him. I just find him a bit boring, is all. The good message part is a positive, if anything -- just an observation.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRkutaPS9w

i hate OF now but you know, new earl. Looks like there's still some potential

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That Earl tape from way back was amazing, can't believe it's only 20~ minutes, feels like an album.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I really like the new Earl but I'm an OF Stan so...

But, I finally listened to Chicken Talk for the first time last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9aSgOBqQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llC_lQlkQmI

temple
Jul 29, 2006

OwlBot 2000 posted:

I take the same view of Mack as well. He is preaching but it more about having a perspective on issues.

alansmithee posted:

I just don't see what the risk is? They go to a label, they still have their niche, only now they may be able to afford a bit more stuff while losing creative control. Gucci has major label releases so it's not like he didn't make the same "jump". All a label did for Wiz was get him stuck as a weed rapper. And Wayne was actually ON a label before he took off with his mixtape game. You earlier were talking about the lack of sampling in rap, krit wuz here would never get made on a label because the clearances would be too high for an artist of his profile.

Really it seems like you're not liking pop rap and are somehow thinking there was some golden era where major labels fostered a bunch of rap creativity. When I can think of exactly one example (Kanye) where a label might have actually helped someone creatively (and only reason it helped Kanye was because he was a proven artist already so when he asks for 28 orchestras and a ballet for a song, he'll get it). I see what you're saying about having to try to balance what their core wants vs. a more general audience, but all that happens is their sound gets watered down and they end up with crap. If you're talking about artistry, that's only helped by having avenues outside of the typical label structure.

This of course ignores the fact that a bunch of trends in pop rap start from dudes making mixtapes or whatever. So you end up with crappy versions of stuff made on mixtapes or dudes like Lupe having to try to rap over some knockoff Luger beat because some exec heard that's what's popular now.

And I agree that Jay-Z made money, but if (as you even said) he just jumped from trend to trend, how was he setting trends or doing anything risky? He was just able to see what was popular, and pay enough to make a reasonable knockoff of it. He's like a more skilled Rebecca Black.

edit: TLDR: Hot poo poo goes commerical. Don't blame the label when you make some wack poo poo.

I think you have hiphop confused with punk or alternative or something. In the 90's, the hot rappers and songs went commercial. Anyone talented got a shot. There wasn't a mixtape scene at all, at best it was bootlegs, demos, and unreleased material that would make a mixtape. Maybe live performances and freestyles. But the current Mixtape rapper is whole new breed of artist. And I don't know what the mixtape community is contributing to the commercial sphere. Hell, TI started trap and he was always a commercial artist. The only reason you've seen the professional mixtape rapper emerge in the past 5-10 years is because commercial artists were getting shelved, dropped, or feuding with their label (over money). Hiphop artists, especially the trendy ones, talking about 'artistic integrity' is pretty dubious in my eyes. The purists even have commercial outlets. They go independent.

The 2000's, hiphop labels froze. 50 cent was one of the first real mixtape dudes I remember, as in just putting out mixtapes and touring. Mixtapes where around before him, but 50 is the blueprint of that model. And that's because 50 cent was released from his label. The whole idea of that the underground/mixtape community is this wellspring of inspiration might be true from like 2006-7 or so. But its a new concept. If your poo poo was/is hot, you got a deal.

Like, I don't know what Gucci and Gibbs and even Krit really gain in the mixtape realm that they couldn't do in the mainstream. Its just that they have to meet expectations and they would have to do more than repeat the same concepts every album (and even that is optional). I love Gibbs but I don't see what he was complaining about in Interscope. I believe that labels are dirty and screw artists over. But these guys aren't cutting edge and haven't been for a while. I don't see what labels are trying to get artists to do that's so bad, outside of making a club song or a love song.

temple fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 12, 2013

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymf3ja_XW9c

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

temple posted:

I think you have hiphop confused with punk or alternative or something. In the 90's, the hot rappers and songs went commercial. Anyone talented got a shot. There wasn't a mixtape scene at all, at best it was bootlegs, demos, and unreleased material that would make a mixtape. Maybe live performances and freestyles.

Not nationally but mixtapes were huge regionally and did help rapper go on to commercial success.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I get kind of annoyed when people say Rick Ross sucks. He doesn't suck, he's just built his brand to the point where he doesn't have to bother trying anymore, he knows he's gonna sell records anyway. That's a valid criticism, but he's not a bad rapper by any means and he has a great ear for production. Port of Miami, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don and Rich Forever all range from solid to excellent.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Career-saving decision by KRIT to have other people mainly produce for him. I love his sound, but it was running in circles by the time his major label debut came out.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Career-saving decision by KRIT to have other people mainly produce for him. I love his sound, but it was running in circles by the time his major label debut came out.

Funny you say that because he even mentions it in the song (well, not directly, but the "produced my whole album / nothin short of a miracle")

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

doctor thodt posted:

I get kind of annoyed when people say Rick Ross sucks. He doesn't suck, he's just built his brand to the point where he doesn't have to bother trying anymore, he knows he's gonna sell records anyway. That's a valid criticism, but he's not a bad rapper by any means and he has a great ear for production. Port of Miami, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don and Rich Forever all range from solid to excellent.

No, he's pretty bad. And a complete joke.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I like Rick Ross because he makes me laugh and I love funny rappers (Ross being unintentionally funny). His improvement in rhyming from Port of Miami to Deeper Than Rap is obviously ghostwriting, the beats he chooses (minus his BMF period where he only liked Lex Luger style beats) are ridiculously luxurious and cinematic, and of course he used to be a prison guard.

I'm an unabashed fan but I'd never try to convince someone who dislikes him because what's the point?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

TenaciousTomato posted:

Funny you say that because he even mentions it in the song (well, not directly, but the "produced my whole album / nothin short of a miracle")

It is a miracle because while he's super talented, he's mainly a nostalgia act in his early 20s. I bumped Return of 4Eva for a long time but I'm glad he had an epiphany/some people around him saying "Dude... what's the point of sounding like UGK and early Outkast if people can just play those old albums?"

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Harley C posted:

i hate OF now but you know, new earl. Looks like there's still some potential

Leave it to the 16 year old to hold down this group

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

I think his point was that there is a big difference between "buying/getting a completed beat off a shelf and then rapping over it (without any interaction with the person who made the beat)" vs. "collaborating with a producer to craft/hone a specific sound for your music." Unless you can program and rap yourself, the latter usually requires some capital backing.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

thathonkey posted:

I think his point was that there is a big difference between "buying/getting a completed beat off a shelf and then rapping over it (without any interaction with the person who made the beat)" vs. "collaborating with a producer to craft/hone a specific sound for your music." Unless you can program and rap yourself, the latter usually requires some capital backing.

On that part I agree, but really that's such a minority that what's the point of even talking about it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

1. From a few pages back but this was recommended to me and this whole mixtape completely changed my perception of French Montana. Really enjoying it.
2. I know it was talked about a few times in here but I finally got around to listening to the Kevin Gates mixtape. I did some research on the producer who did Paper Chasers, Swiff D, and he's got some cool stuff. https://soundcloud.com/swiff-d/09-check-engine-music

as well as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j8J3PVGx3w

3. Trap Back 2 comes out Friday

• Locked thread