Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

On getting a MOS or clearance? No. You might need a medical waiver though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dirty_Moses posted:

Thank you all, I didn't really understand what the process was like, seeing as I have no military relatives and I don't trust the recruiters. That clears things up a lot. One last thing though; will my ADHD diagnosis impact anything? It isn't crippling by any means, but I've heard mixed things.

edit: Oh, and I didn't miss either of your posts, iyaayas01. I got you the first time. Just making sure I'm not missing anything.

ADD or ADHD prescription past the age of 12 years old was disqualifying while I was a recruiter back during the surge. You could submit a Bureau of Medicine waiver if the applicant was off the meds for over 12 months. Actively taking ADHD meds was a no go back then for the Marine Corps (and Navy I'd assume since we are both Dept of Navy).

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Same for the Army, I needed an ADD waiver since I was treated up until the age of 14 or so.

MaDeuce
Mar 12, 2013
In got a question for some one a little for up to date with recruitment policy. How the hell did this guy get in????? I didn't think the tattoo policy was ever that lax.

From http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/news/officials-fort-bliss-officer-arrested-connection-v/nT9nj/

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I saw that story awhile back, IIRC he got those while in and was being punished for it or somesuch

iceslice
May 20, 2005
That is one squared away soldier, I mean look how high is high and tight is?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Funnily enough the Air Force was accepting GED during the Iraq surge when I came in. Of course he was a dumbass and failed out of tech school, possibly on purpose.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Manmower posted:

Hello! I'm an off and on again reader of SA and thought I'd finally pay my dues and join up and become a member. Reading these forums has been a blast as I'm currently looking into joining the military and seeking a commission as an officer. The branches I'm currently looking into are the Navy and the Army.

Here is a quick rundown of me:
Age 30
B.A & M.A. East Asian Studies (3.8/3.6 gpa)
No record
Good physical condition

I've currently got a package in with the Navy for a shot at Intel and should be hearing the results soon, however from what I've heard things are a bit of a crapshoot for civilians with the budget tightening and even if my package is perfect I may not get in. As a result I'm looking into the Army Intel and have done some preliminary work with a recruiter who states that my age of 31 at the time the board meets will not be too old for a shot at OCS, however from what I have read online you must enter OCS by your 30th birthday (which is contrary to what has been stated by my recruiter).

I was wondering what you guys thought about having OCS/OTS packages for multiple branches at a time. My ultimate goal is military service and as I've had family in every branch I am not married to one in particular. I don't want to waste the time and effort of recruiters, yet at the same time my age is rapidly diminishing my opportunities and I don't want to miss the bus on this.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Seconding that you should go reserves/army if you want intel. You can ask around for an intel slot somewhere. You can go to OCS up to 34-35 unless something has changed. However you can also attempt a direct commission off of prior experience. I just went to OCS and there were dudes that were older than me(28) just getting into the reserves. In BOLC right after I had a guy who was 38 and just direct commissioned(prior 1st Sgt tho). Everything else is spot on. Good luck.
Also I have a friend over at MIBOLC who is National Guard and is talking to a SgtMajr from the 82nd about going active with them because her unit is so low speed that she can't take it(OCS grad) So it might be a better idea to go in with a reserve MI slot and get it guaranteed than to attempt to get that slot via the new system where they give your branch assignments based on how the cadre feel.(Total BS)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

AFAIK, age cutoff for Guard OCS is 42, at least according to a collegue of mine.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoktorLoken posted:

Same for the Army, I needed an ADD waiver since I was treated up until the age of 14 or so.

Can anyone explain what the policy reasons are for not taking people who currently take adderal? I mean its ADD or ADHD not asthma.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

gfanikf posted:

Can anyone explain what the policy reasons are for not taking people who currently take adderal? I mean its ADD or ADHD not asthma.

We have enough mentally ill fucks that are needing to be medically discharged without taking the ones that are ALREADY on meds.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradass87 posted:

We have enough mentally ill fucks that are needing to be medically discharged without taking the ones that are ALREADY on meds.

Yeah, but the difference between mentally ill and dangerous and ADD are like night and day.

Oh well can someone humor me and tell me what I would have been able to get entering the AF or Marines with a BA, MA, and JD (licensed in two states) and being just shy of 30. Perhaps reality will help me let it go. lol

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

gfanikf posted:

Yeah, but the difference between mentally ill and dangerous and ADD are like night and day.

Oh well can someone humor me and tell me what I would have been able to get entering the AF or Marines with a BA, MA, and JD (licensed in two states) and being just shy of 30. Perhaps reality will help me let it go. lol

It doesn't make a difference as far as we're concerned.

Mentally ill is mentally ill, ADD/ADHD leads to behavioral health problems, and ist strongly correlated with higher risks of other grave mental illness.

And how on gods green earth did you come down to "I either want to join the USAF or the USMC" ?

Honestly, that sounds like something some retard with adult ADHD would come up with.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

gfanikf posted:

Get off meds/treatment for a year and get a waiver if you want to join bad enough. Although you'll probably be limited in choice of branches.

Edit: gently caress you auto spell.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 20, 2013

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradass87 posted:

Mentally ill is mentally ill, ADD/ADHD leads to behavioral health problems, and ist strongly correlated with higher risks of other grave mental illness. [/quote
Yeah,its just kind of annoying.

[Quote]And how on gods green earth did you come down to "I either want to join the USAF or the USMC" ?

Honestly, that sounds like something some retard with adult ADHD would come up with.
The USAF was an old second suggestion someone said to look into instead of the Marines, but honestly I'd want the Marines.

DoktorLoken posted:

Get off mess/treatment for a year and get a waiver if you want to join bad enough. Although you'll probably be limited in choice of branches.

Yeah, which is why it won't happen. Having a wife and kid would probably also make it a horrible idea. Guess I just wanted to know what I could potentially have done so I can just move on and not dwell on it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Uh it's not like you're going off anti-depressants or something. It's loving adderal.

If you're that dependent on it you probably won't qualify for a waiver at any rate.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoktorLoken posted:

Uh it's not like you're going off anti-depressants or something. It's loving adderal.

If you're that dependent on it you probably won't qualify for a waiver at any rate.

No I know its just part of the routine for so long and iirc the age limit is 30, isn't?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gfanikf posted:

No I know its just part of the routine for so long and iirc the age limit is 30, isn't?

Age limit is 34 I think right now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

Age limit is 34 I think right now.

Cool, I'll have to look into it some more than. Thanks.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

gfanikf posted:

Cool, I'll have to look into it some more than. Thanks.

Not sure what the officer selection age limit is for the Marine Corps anymore but I just wanted to warn you about the 20 something man children you are going to have as 2ndLt peers if you decide to go through with it. You will be older than some SSgts and Gunnies training you in OCS.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hekk posted:

Not sure what the officer selection age limit is for the Marine Corps anymore but I just wanted to warn you about the 20 something man children you are going to have as 2ndLt peers if you decide to go through with it. You will be older than some SSgts and Gunnies training you in OCS.

That actually reminds me when I was in law school I asked a former recruiter some basic info. He said that as soon as I were to mention I was in law school he would have had to direct me to a seperate recruiting path/group, is there any truth to that?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

gfanikf posted:

That actually reminds me when I was in law school I asked a former recruiter some basic info. He said that as soon as I were to mention I was in law school he would have had to direct me to a seperate recruiting path/group, is there any truth to that?

I recruited on the enlisted side so my interactions with officer candidates was limited to enlisting those who didn't qualify for OCS and still wanted to serve. However, my limited understanding tells me that candidates for Judge Advocate Generals Corps go through a different screening process for selection than regular officers. A prerequisite being that the candidate has passed the bar, JAG officers commission at a higher rank than 2ndLt.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

bradass87 posted:

Mentally ill is mentally ill, ADD/ADHD leads to behavioral health problems, and ist strongly correlated with higher risks of other grave mental illness.

And how on gods green earth did you come down to "I either want to join the USAF or the USMC" ?

It's a pity that being an ignorant rear end in a top hat isn't a deterrent.

gfanikf posted:

I've heard, and don't even begin to quote me on this or take me as anything remotely resembling an official source, that depending on the rest of your qualifications it is still possible to be accepted. If not, just ask them how to get a waiver and see what you can do.

So, I have a question regarding life once you're in the military. Specifically as an officer and probably in the Navy, but whatever you have, I'll take. How much free time do you get? And I'm not asking this because I want to be a lazy gently caress; I have other interests that I can attend to, given a small amount of time, that I'm wary about completely dropping. Is it, as I've been told, more or less a seven to five workday for the majority of the time? And I know it varies, I just need averages.

Manmower
Feb 22, 2013
When I was in college there were quite a few folks taking adderal to artificially focus and improve their grades and people used to talk about how it made them sweat or gave them the shakes. Not long ago they threw around prescriptions for that stuff left and right and doctors claimed every kid out there had ADD/ADHD, so it sucks if you were in this camp and didn't need it. However, if you legitimately need it then you have to remember it is an amphetamine and highly addictive substance that affects brain chemistry. I'm a civilian myself in the same boat as you trying to join, but my understanding is that in the military there are many high stress situations that are taxing, even for people that are cool as a cucumber.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Dirty_Moses posted:

It's a pity that being an ignorant rear end in a top hat isn't a deterrent.

I've heard, and don't even begin to quote me on this or take me as anything remotely resembling an official source, that depending on the rest of your qualifications it is still possible to be accepted. If not, just ask them how to get a waiver and see what you can do.

So, I have a question regarding life once you're in the military. Specifically as an officer and probably in the Navy, but whatever you have, I'll take. How much free time do you get? And I'm not asking this because I want to be a lazy gently caress; I have other interests that I can attend to, given a small amount of time, that I'm wary about completely dropping. Is it, as I've been told, more or less a seven to five workday for the majority of the time? And I know it varies, I just need averages.

Oh looky loving here. Some kid wants to call me an ignorant rear end in a top hat and then ask if he's going to have enough time to dress up as starfox and furry gently caress 15 year olds with all of his future duties as the next m0t.

Let me give you a few protips:

1) You're not getting in with ADD/ADHD right now, especially as an officer but also pretty much in any other capacity. That's not ignorant rear end in a top hat talking, thems the breaks. Also, having ADD/ADHD and being in the military would probably be loving miserable, and honestly we have enough people with mental health issues-- we're not and we shouldn't be looking to bring MORE folks in with these issues.

2) You wanna be a a JO in the navy and have free time? I don't know what loving community you'd need to go into, maybe like comms or something I dunno- but the navy works their JO's harder than a purple squirrel with 12 dick nipples gets its rear end reamed out by dirty old testament allegorical figures parading around as future officers and generally being giant heaps of douche poo poo, I forgot where I was going with this but gently caress you.

Oh yeah..

They work you, and hard. I mean, you'll be able to like go to furcon's on block and holiday leave and poo poo, and maybe even a few foreign country yiffests depending on the liberty policies, but generally your days of dressing up like sonic the hedgehog and thrusting your penis (Which is at once both small, but still has a gigantic foreskin) into a 33 year old fat woman dressed up as Pokemon are going to be limited.

You're going to be a fantastic future navy officer. Why, I believe you'll surpass even the likes of m0t, if you try hard and really apply yourself.

bradass87 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 20, 2013

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

I have to say, you're really loving good at bitching people out and you actually made me a spit a bit of water all over myself as I chuckled like a retarded child. So thanks for that, shitlord.

A few notes:

1. I was diagnosed about a year ago, at seventeen, and my dosage is very small. Even then, I don't have the kind of ADHD that makes me wave my dick at people; I'm just a bit unfocused with things I'm not interested in. I'm not even sure I have it, that just sounds like being a human being to me. That said, my doctor has told me that the structure of the military is actually beneficial for ADHD sufferers, because really, the true cure for the drat thing is exercise, work, and less video games. In his experience at least.

2. Yeah, I just mean writing and possibly coding, though I figure the latter would factor into my work if I go into Comp. Science like I'm planning. Just an hour or two to write a day, and probably not even that. As appealing as dressing like a cartoon character and ejaculating in obese women is, I don't think I'd have room for the fursuit.

3. I want to be worked hard. I want something with responsibility. I'm not joining the military for fun, I have enough money to go to college and get a decent job and then die nice and quiet-like. I'm considering joining because I want to be challenged, and because I want to contribute to something greater than myself, and a bunch of other sappy bullshit but completely true reasons.

Basically, I want to give back to my country, all the while unfolding the blubbery folds of my vagina in a desperate attempt to locate a penis within.

LaSalsaVerde fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 20, 2013

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
YOU AREN'T GETTING INTO THE MILITARY WITH ADHD!

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Yeah dude, the fact that you have a prescription for your ADHD, even if it's small dosage, means you're not getting in.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Dirty_Moses posted:

I have to say, you're really loving good at bitching people out and you actually made me a spit a bit of water all over myself as I chuckled like a retarded child. So thanks for that, shitlord.

A few notes:

1. I was diagnosed about a year ago, at seventeen, and my dosage is very small. Even then, I don't have the kind of ADHD that makes me wave my dick at people; I'm just a bit unfocused with things I'm not interested in. I'm not even sure I have it, that just sounds like being a human being to me. That said, my doctor has told me that the structure of the military is actually beneficial for ADHD sufferers, because really, the true cure for the drat thing is exercise, work, and less video games. In his experience at least.

2. Yeah, I just mean writing and possibly coding, though I figure the latter would factor into my work if I go into Comp. Science like I'm planning. Just an hour or two to write a day, and probably not even that. As appealing as dressing like a cartoon character and ejaculating in obese women is, I don't think I'd have room for the fursuit.

3. I want to be worked hard. I want something with responsibility. I'm not joining the military for fun, I have enough money to go to college and get a decent job and then die nice and quiet-like. I'm considering joining because I want to be challenged, and because I want to contribute to something greater than myself, and a bunch of other sappy bullshit but completely true reasons.

Basically, I want to give back to my country, all the while unfolding the blubbery folds of my vagina in a desperate attempt to locate a penis within.

Well at least you've got a sense of humor.

I'm not bashing dudes with mental illness. I have severe mental health problems, so I speak from a point of personal experience when it comes to those things and military service. You were.. a baby when I joined the military- I'm speaking from experience. Mental health problems + Military life = Bad Outcomes.

True ADD/ADHD has a high correlation with other mental health problems, including but not limited to depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, and all kinds of nasty stuff. Plus, a lot of the really nasty mental health stuff like Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, Bipolar, Depression w/ psychosis etc, don't tend to present themselves until later in a young persons life (Early to mid 20's, the beginning of an officers career) and there is a lot of evidence that says if you've been diagnosed with a mental health problem at your age, your risk level going forward is very high compared to someone who hasn't. It's not me being a dick, that's just the science of it all.

You'd probably have enough time for small hobbies. But you'll probably not have nearly as much as you want, and your job will become pretty consuming of your time and energy. When you do have the time you'll likely be exhausted, and when you don't have the time you'll likely be resentful of this fact.

They'll work you hard, certainly. But about 10% of that is going to be redeeming worthwhile mission focused work that is rewarding to do. The other 90% is the soul crushing skull fuckery that is military life that they'll work you even harder for. And the amazing part is, you'll be given little to no leeway on that 90% of poo poo that doesn't matter, but as soon as something combat related goes down there is a lot more understanding and leeway given to young officers to do their jobs.

What I'm saying is, if you are looking for a great intellectual / physical challenge / job challenge / serving your country.. then I'd say join a gym, and go work for the DOS/CIA/NSA/NGA/FBI etc. Here soon all federal officers, including the military, are going to be equally hard/impossible to get into, so if you qualify to commission you'll probably qualify to join as a civil servant in one of the 3 letter agencies, which are guranteed to be less soul crushing and retarded, and will still meet all of your other desires.

But man to man, I'd seriously avoid the gently caress out of the military with ADD/ADHD, or really any mental health concerns. I can't emphasize this enough, it's a terrible loving idea and all of the evidence regarding the people we let in with those problems indicates it's a terrible idea. Maybe you'd be different, and are the guy that we should waiver for that sort of stuff- but we have no way of knowing that. And honestly you have no way of knowing that either, but the numbers tell us it is unlikely that you, or anyone else, is really the right person to waiver and let in with these issues. We only start doing it when the numbers kind of stop mattering and we need bodies.

But bottom line: Your rear end is never getting into the military unless we get into another really hosed up war. And even then, you'd better hope it happens soon because the loosening of restrictions for commissioning are the last thing we do in order to beef up numbers.

TL;DR YOUR NOT EVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO JOIN THE MILITARY.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

It has already been stated in the thread that if I stop taking the medicine for twelve months then I can, though.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Dirty_Moses posted:

It has already been stated in the thread that if I stop taking the medicine for twelve months then I can, though.

It's a remote and distant possibility.

You cannot fathom the number of equally and more qualified people who don't need waivers for ADHD w/ meds (Which you will need even if you stop for a year) that want to commission that you'll be competing against.

You could just lie about it if you really wanted to get in, but I mean, there's a reason we don't want waivered folks with ADHD treated w/ meds in their background.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hate to break it to you, but to the military any form of mental illness to include: ADHD, Depression, Anxiety or any other thing that required you at any point in time to see a mental health professional, ever, is a disqualifier. I've heard stories of people getting turned away at MEPS because they had to see a shrink when their parents were getting divorced TEN YEARS PRIOR. During the surge.

I've got news for you, the military is in drawdown mode. They don't want people who have a bad enough case of loving acne. You think I'm joking but go ask HCT, who posted that story a few months prior. If you think that the military is going to take you with a diagnosed mental illness (which ADHD is, sorry bud) that requires easily abused medication you're mistaken.

Dirty_Moses posted:

That said, my doctor has told me that the structure of the military is actually beneficial for ADHD sufferers, because really, the true cure for the drat thing is exercise, work, and less video games. In his experience at least.

I'm sorry that your doctor told you a blatant loving lie, but the military is a loving meatgrinder at the lower tiers (aka the first 15 years of your service, until you make E7+/O4+ which you will probably never see). The military is work, wait, work, play Xbox, wait, work, repeat. It's work because it's somehow so loving exhausting doing all that waiting.

Dirty_Moses posted:

No, it was said that if you stopped for a year you would be eligible for a waiver. Just because you're eligible doesn't mean poo poo, because they aren't going to push the waiver when they've got dozens of people behind you that don't require one.

You want to serve your country? Go join the peace corps. Serious.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Dirty_Moses posted:

With a waiver. That you won't get. This is 2013 not 2007. The military doesn't need bodies it needs recruits that it can guarantee will pass all of the screening, exams, and tests prior to entry to maximize the chance to complete training. It can not afford to waste money on recruits who have even the slightest chance of being a problem.

The military has a terrible suicide problem. One of the biggest reasons for this is mental illness. The military allowed mebtally ill soldiers to join and now it has to deal with it. This costs a ton of money and hurts readiness. The military considers ADHD a mental illness. Sorry.

TLDR you aren't getting in even if you're off meds for a year. How about you stop breathing forever.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
Bad news on the comp sci front too-- that sector is loving saturated these days and only getting worse. And you've got 4-5 years of more saturation and adjustment to deal with before you even get to the job force.

But thankfully you've got a robust and lively economy to enter into when you're done discovering yourself in college

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

but seriously- get a job, even if it's at starbucks. The taxes they take out of check keep me flush enough to smoke weed and play videogames for a living

tia

bradass87 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 20, 2013

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Vasudus posted:

I'm sorry that your doctor told you a blatant loving lie.

No, that's fine, I had a feeling. And I want it to be understood that I'm not just ignoring what you're all saying, I just have to be sure. I know the science, and I guess there's a pretty big chance that I could end up a blubbering wreck because of the pressure.

And bradass, I get it. Maybe I'm just being a stubborn rear end, but I don't really like the idea of being held back by something I can't control like that, but I guess that's tough poo poo, isn't it?

One last question, then. If being in the military is such a poo poo experience, and such a meat-grinder, then why join? Why do you guys do it?

edit: and there's the big loving plus of not having to deal with our bullshit education/economic clusterfuck near as much, but hey. More time to be a pseudo-intellectual obsessed with irony and self-gratification like the rest of my generation.

LaSalsaVerde fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 20, 2013

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Because now I get paid $2,000 a month to go to a $45,000 dollar a year school for free.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Dirty_Moses posted:

One last question, then. If being in the military is such a poo poo experience, and such a meat-grinder, then why join? Why do you guys do it?

edit: and there's the big loving plus of not having to deal with our bullshit education/economic clusterfuck near as much, but hey. More time to be a pseudo-intellectual obsessed with irony and self-gratification like the rest of my generation.

For reference, you were 2 or 3 years old when 9/11 happened. Not saying that to be a dick, but you really have to stop and appreciate the length of these wars and how a lot of us were around for both of the wars. You've never really known what it's like to have your country not at war, or frankly what it's like to have a great economy and opportunities everywhere for a young person.

You're from a completely different generation than most of the guys that signed up post 9/11, is all I'm saying.

I'm not saying everyone went all serve are country gonna defend freedom oorah or whatever, but times were a lot loving different when you were just a kid than they are now, even though it feels like just yesterday for a lot of us.

There a long period where deciding to join up was treated as something other than a death sentence by an IED or avoidance of a terrible economy. Being in the military during the height of the wars was actually pretty loving awesome-- the military becomes a soul crushing death grind of gently caress when we're not at war.

You couldn't pay me enough money to join the military in peacetime or drawdown mode. The levels of pure fuckitude that the military is becoming / will achieve are astounding.

But I didn't join for the money, or the education, or anything like that. Not sure how to put down in words why I joined without sounding like a complete tool, but honestly service was a big part of it.

bradass87 fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 20, 2013

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

Well, I was five, but that doesn't really matter at all does it. What you say makes sense though. When I was growing up and thinking about enlisting, it was always on the condition of wartime, and even then, a war that I considered at least somewhat worth being a part of.

So, I'll bite the bullet and deal with it and try to make something of my life elsewhere, then. Thanks for clearing that up. Unless North Korea goes into a hilariously violent death throe and the world decides to mercy kill the fucker, that is.

Yeah, once it's reached the point that I'm halfway wishing for war is about the time to call it quits, I'd say. I'll wait until college to see if I'm actually willing to just drop it or if I'm actually so loving motivated by a higher calling that I bust my rear end into atrophy just to slide into that margin and join up, just to regret it ultimately, but I don't actually think my metaphorical penis is so small that I would do that just to prove a point. Nor do I think that it would be worth it to do all that or lie about it unless that work was going to something with a point, and I'm starting to get the idea that now is not that time. Yeah, it is disappointing, and yeah, I wish it was different, but now that I don't actually have any questions and I don't have any desire nor right to turn this into my little bitch tear repository, I guess that's it, then.

Actually, one more, this one more personal. Bradass, since you're speaking from personal experience, could you expand a bit about how it sucks? Now I'm just curious.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Dirty_Moses posted:

Well, I was five, but that doesn't really matter at all does it. What you say makes sense though. When I was growing up and thinking about enlisting, it was always on the condition of wartime, and even then, a war that I considered at least somewhat worth being a part of.

So, I'll bite the bullet and deal with it and try to make something of my life elsewhere, then. Thanks for clearing that up. Unless North Korea goes into a hilariously violent death throe and the world decides to mercy kill the fucker, that is.

Yeah, once it's reached the point that I'm halfway wishing for war is about the time to call it quits, I'd say. I'll wait until college to see if I'm actually willing to just drop it or if I'm actually so loving motivated by a higher calling that I bust my rear end into atrophy just to slide into that margin and join up, just to regret it ultimately, but I don't actually think my metaphorical penis is so small that I would do that just to prove a point. Nor do I think that it would be worth it to do all that or lie about it unless that work was going to something with a point, and I'm starting to get the idea that now is not that time. Yeah, it is disappointing, and yeah, I wish it was different, but now that I don't actually have any questions and I don't have any desire nor right to turn this into my little bitch tear repository, I guess that's it, then.

Actually, one more, this one more personal. Bradass, since you're speaking from personal experience, could you expand a bit about how it sucks? Now I'm just curious.

You can't be told how it sucks, you have to experience it. That's why we all still joined after being told how much it sucks. That and recruiter lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
I can't really put it in words.

I have an easier time finding the right words and talking openly about how my uncle molested me than I do about how much the military sucks.

• Locked thread