Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
^^^yay! So glad you liked 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

Don't feel bad! You don't have to send mail to get it as long as you post in the thread. If you really want to be removed I will, but I figure you've sent so much mail that you can take a break from sending; you've earned it.

Everyone else, I will update the files in the OP very soon. I've got a bunch of "thank you"s I owe (I want to make sure I take pictures because many of you sent some awesome stuff), and I have some fun St. Patrick's Day Mail going out too.

when worlds collide posted:

Oh phew. I'm glad to hear that.

Um, I totally concur. I feel bad that I haven't been able to send your super special valentine yet, Thermo. It WILL be coming, I promise.

Okay, well if you guys are gonna be so awesome about it... :tipshat: I'll stay on the list for now. Thank you!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

So yeah Christmas Lego is way way to far away, I need to start working on a design for some random holiday that is coming up so I can send out some more goodies. On the plus side I have a b-day in May, that I will make sure to mention later on to get some sweet goony love.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Man of the Year and DLAO I got your letters and am crafting awesome replies. PitGoddess, you want me to wait for the new address for yours? :iamafag:

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

Man of the Year and DLAO I got your letters and am crafting awesome replies. PitGoddess, you want me to wait for the new address for yours? :iamafag:

Yay! Jeez, no wonder it's called snailmail. Then again, sending stuff to the other side of the planet probably isn't the fastest thing in the world.

Niemat, I got your letter/card! Gotta love cats. I'll response to you pretty soon.:)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Yay! Jeez, no wonder it's called snailmail. Then again, sending stuff to the other side of the planet probably isn't the fastest thing in the world.

Niemat, I got your letter/card! Gotta love cats. I'll response to you pretty soon.:)

Yaaaay! With how long it took to get there, make sure you send it to my new address on 39th St, though, please!! :D

Edit: it's on the previous page :)

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm finally able to send out some goon mail again. I'm so excited!!

I've got 8 Canadian stamps (there doesn't seem to be many Canadians in this thread!) and 12 American. Are any of you Canuck goons a Sagittarius by chance? I got some pretty sweet stamps.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Panorama_Change I received your letter today and am tendering my response as we speak! :-)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I got a Marchmastine from MizFusion today!! What a lovely surprise on this dreary gray day. Thank you!!!!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

DLAO posted:

Panorama_Change I received your letter today and am tendering my response as we speak! :-)

Sorry I forgot to post on here that I received your beautiful letter, plus I got a lovely letter and some cool lizards from pitgoddess. Thanks to you both and I'm looking forward to many future letters.

Thanks again to everyone in this thread. 2013 has been a rough one so far, but everyone here has definitely been a drop of happiness for me over the last few months.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

You guys have sent such great stuff. I really can't thank you enough and I truly apologize for the late thanks. In no particular order:

Waldorf Sixpence

Meriruka, 13Pandora13, IMJack, SimpleBlue, pitgoddess, DLAO, Mizufusion

Rythe, Wings of Mine, Niemat, panorama_change, Tremors, Disargeria

Jimmy da fish, Team Lunch, The Genesplicers, Dushkani, marlowe, Hemlock

Kafka's Goldfish :stare: (wow!), ManOfTheYear, wwc

I've updated the list to add newcomers and make the changes requested, and I've removed anyone who has not posted in the thread after Jan 1. If you've been removed and want back on, just let me know! St. Patrick's Day and Easter mail, as well as penpal letters are going out soon.

Side note: I know there are some Florida goons in here; if anyone is going to Harry Potter land in Orlando in the near future, I would like to paypal you money to have you pick up something and ship it to me.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

lamb posted:

You guys have sent such great stuff. I really can't thank you enough and I truly apologize for the late thanks. In no particular order:

Waldorf Sixpence

This card was actually made by Harakiri, I just signed my name in it because we were making cards together. Glad you liked it, and enjoy the chocolates! (I think you've already been enjoying one of the packs of buttons ;))

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Wow I got my first ever St. Patrick's Day mail ever from Genesplicer, thank for the wonderfully green and Irish mail you sent me. I am not sure what language (Irish) is on the back of the card but what ever it is, it is amazing, especially when it translates to "Live long and prosper". Got to love some Star Trek Irish love. Also have you sent out our Notebook yet? I haven't heard anything about it.

A special amazing thanks goes out to Team Lunch for the beyond amazing thank you card and gift you sent to me.

I am not sure if you are an amazing stalker, or I posted authors I like or what, but you pretty much picked one of my favorite books ever as a cover to your notebook. Asimov is a Sci-fi god and by far one of my most favorite authors. I am going to take this notebook to work to right down all the staff notes I need to brief to all my guys every Thursday, I am going to get some great us out of this amazing book.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Thanks Jimmy da Fish, The Genesplicers, ManoftheYear, DLAO for TWO letters (I'm writing you soon, I swear!), Panorama_Change (I love the squid button!) and Mizufusion for the New Year card! :)

Also, I want to update my address! As of March 18, I can receive mail at

1150 Ripley Street, Apt 1404
Silver Spring, MD 20910 USA

I did mail forwarding, so I'll get any mail sent to my current address. Please send me nice things, as my four year relationship is ending (on good terms though) over this move, which I am doing alone, across the country and to a place I've only spent 24 hours in.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

thepitgoddess posted:

DLAO for TWO letters (I'm writing you soon, I swear!)

Also, I want to update my address! As of March 18, I can receive mail at

MD 20910 USA

I did mail forwarding, so I'll get any mail sent to my current address. Please send me nice things, as my four year relationship is ending (on good terms though) over this move, which I am doing alone, across the country and to a place I've only spent 24 hours in.

Ah!You have officially become a Northern East Coaster, welcome back to the dark side... err... light side? I'm not too certain which side we are. I might need to send you something just to celebrate!

Team Lunch your awesome superman card has been received with my FREAKING AMAZING Hello Kitty Stationary and stickers and I am beyond delighted at the bounty. You all really spoil me with the HK stuff. Goon Love out to everyone!

DLAO fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 9, 2013

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Kafka's Goldfish, you're the best! Thank you for the birthday present. :3: I looked around town for a 6x6 frame but didn't have any luck. It's safe to iron flat, right?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

This card was actually made by Harakiri, I just signed my name in it because we were making cards together. Glad you liked it, and enjoy the chocolates! (I think you've already been enjoying one of the packs of buttons ;))

Well thank you Harakiri! Mail is on the way to both of you today. And yes, the buttons were wonderful :)

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Got this lovely St. Patty's Day card (My first ever!!!) and beyond beautiful letter from DLAO.

I'll be composing a response to you and to Kafka's Goldfish (thanks for the letter as well) very soon. Goon Mail is so fun!!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Kafka's Goldfish I got your letter today and it made me laugh! I shall respond soon!

Also, ThePitGoddess, I have a friend in Bethesda that says she is very close to Silver Spring! PM me if you want more info! :-)

EDIT: Panorama_Change YAY! I'm glad you got it! :-D

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a pretty St Patrick's Day card from the Genesplicers the other day! I found a nice place to put it on the bookcase. :dance:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I, too, received a beautiful card from the Genesplicers!! Thanks, guys!! :3: I can't wait to put it up in our new place!!

As a side note to my pen pals, I got stationary today. :smug: Now I can write actual letters with some heft and content!! :v:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Mizufusion posted:

I got a pretty St Patrick's Day card from the Genesplicers the other day! I found a nice place to put it on the bookcase. :dance:

Niemat posted:

I, too, received a beautiful card from the Genesplicers!! Thanks, guys!! :3: I can't wait to put it up in our new place!!

As a side note to my pen pals, I got stationary today. :smug: Now I can write actual letters with some heft and content!! :v:

If you tuck the front behind the buttons they stand up! Mrs. Genesplicer is getting creativer!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Hey genesplicer, did my card get to you alright? :ohdear:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who sent me mail over the past month- because of circumstances I didn't get to my PO Box until recently. Disargeria and Niemat, thanks for the Halloween Valentine's Day cards! Kafka's Goldfish sent me an amazing xenomorph cross-stich for V-Day that's I've hung on my wall; thanks so much for that, and the article about the pinball culture of Portland! thepitgoddess, thanks for the friendly letter and words of encouragement regarding my thesis!

It might be a bit before I get anything out again, but rest assured I'll have my revenge replies out eventually.

sad salad tosser
Nov 15, 2012

In dewy damps my limbs were chilled; My blood with gentle horrors thrilled; My feeble pulse forgot to play; I fainted, sunk, and died away

Kafka's Goldfish, I hope your realise this means that I am now in love with you. There's even a rabbit there. I loving love rabbits. Expect some lame attempt to match your awesomeness soon.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Kafka's Goldfish this is seriously the best thing. The frog suit was my favourite, I'd use it in any level. This is awesome. You are awesome. Thank you!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
To my pengoons, I know it's taken forever to send out my responses (yay real life issues getting in the way... :( ) but you shall soon be receiving my responses finally! Theyre nestling into the mailing box TODAY!

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to send them off. I promise this isn't indicative of my quality as a penpal! Please don't hate me! :ohdear:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Wanted to thank Lamb & DLAO for the cards and goodies they've sent:

DLAO your penmanship is so nice. Thank you, both! :)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Team Lunch posted:

DLAO your penmanship is so nice. Thank you, both! :)

Wow, thank you! :-D

I've been sick lately, so sorry for not posting sooner, but I got letters from Lamb, ThePitGoddess, and 13Pandora13 that I need to respond to! Thanks for the fun stuff, stickers, green mustache, and gummy line of clovers and candies! :-D (Sorry for the general response, I got them mixed up and now my brain is fuzzy as to who sent what, but it is all GREATLY APPRECIATED! :-)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

So, we're almost all the way moved now (the benefits and drawbacks to not moving very far)! I've thus far received mail from Kafka's goldfish, lamb, and Team Lunch at our new place!! :buddy: (as a side note: if anyone else has sent me mail here, and you think I should have received it by now, lemme know! I had a helluva time explaining to the mail lady that all mail labeled "Niemat" was mine, and she isn't even my regular carrier! :v: She was confused and very unwilling to part with my envelope from lamb as a result.)

Pengoons! I'm hoping to get a few letters out soon, but please forgive me if my letter doesn't reference your last letter to me; My father-in-law helped us move, so I'm still trying to find some things... :doh:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
DLAO Your card beat me here! And you gave me food reccs? You are my new hero. It really made my day since moving with my family has been...kind of a drag.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Thank you genesplicers and lamb for your awesome St. Paddy's Day things! And lamb, I'll have you know that St. Paddy's Day is International As If I Needed An Excuse To Get Drunk Day, it's very much the same in England :britain:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Hey Team Lunch and Lamb, thank you for the St Paddy's cards and goodies. I wore my stretchy shamrock bracelet all day yesterday.

Hoping to get some Easter cards out..... we'll see. Work has been crazy busy lately.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Niemat posted:

So, we're almost all the way moved now (the benefits and drawbacks to not moving very far)! I've thus far received mail from Kafka's goldfish, lamb, and Team Lunch at our new place!! :buddy: (as a side note: if anyone else has sent me mail here, and you think I should have received it by now, lemme know! I had a helluva time explaining to the mail lady that all mail labeled "Niemat" was mine, and she isn't even my regular carrier! :v: She was confused and very unwilling to part with my envelope from lamb as a result.)

Pengoons! I'm hoping to get a few letters out soon, but please forgive me if my letter doesn't reference your last letter to me; My father-in-law helped us move, so I'm still trying to find some things... :doh:

Hm... I feel like I have sent a response since receiving one from you... Maybe I will need to restart again.

That's okay! :-)

ThePitGoddess :smug: Of course my goon love was there to greet you! Hopefully some of those places are good. And you are now OBLIGATED to try them and tell me about the food and experience.

Also, I got a card from Panorama Change. Sorry I'll get back on the ball later this week and send responses to everyone who has written me. :-)

DLAO fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 19, 2013

Poof
Apr 18, 2002

I just wanted to give a big 'thank you' to everybody. Including my awesome Valentines Day card!

I wish I had been able to take a picture of them all but the worst thing happened... I had them with me (who knows why) and I lost them. :(

So sorry for not thanking everybody! You're all great! You gave me the best year ever!

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Thank you Lamb and Genesplicer for the lovely cards!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

DLAO posted:

Hm... I feel like I have sent a response since receiving one from you... Maybe I will need to restart again.

That's okay! :-)

ThePitGoddess :smug: Of course my goon love was there to greet you! Hopefully some of those places are good. And you are now OBLIGATED to try them and tell me about the food and experience.

Also, I got a card from Panorama Change. Sorry I'll get back on the ball later this week and send responses to everyone who has written me. :-)

I'm behind on cards/letters too. I recently got a few more greeting cards, some old 70's cards and a few hand printed by the daughter of a member of a bluegrass band I saw recently. I'll put all those together this weekend. I'm happy that this thread is still running full steam! Oh the joy! :3:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Hey genesplicer, did my card get to you alright? :ohdear:

Yes! Brian Cox is one of our current crushes (we both have a thing for astrophysicists, I just wish more of them were young, hot females). I've added the quote to my collection of Quotes I'm Going to Immortalize In Caligraphy, Once I Get Around To It. Thanks!

And Agnostic Prophet Sent us an amazing painting of a bird! Mrs. Genesplicer love bird-based art, and once we get a frame for it, we'll add a photo here. Thanks!

And, Lamb more goodies! Your letters are always so much fun! You must own stock in some novelty goods company!

Thanks, all three of you! (Actually four, if you count Harakiri, too, which I do!)

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 20, 2013

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
Ok I'm back! I can sort of walk a again so a trip to the post office is on the cards. I am totally up for penpal-ing if anyone's keen, I own a shirtload of crazy stationery that will never get used if I don't send stuff out now. Just received a delightfully piratey St Patrick's day card from Team Lunch! YAARRR TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA, YA SCURVY DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

If you tuck the front behind the buttons they stand up! Mrs. Genesplicer is getting creativer!

Oh good, because that's exactly what I did with it! You can tell her it was a brilliant idea.

By the way, did you ever get the thing I sent you around Christmastime? There was a card taped to a flat package and I really hope you got the stuff inside. :ohdear: