Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!

delpheye posted:

There's a way to get a Cobra 100% of the time.

And that way would be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

I had been grinding for a Cobra but, no burners would drop one after farming them for hours with no luck so I decided to look up the drop rate. The Cobra has a 0.0088% chance to spawn when a burner drops a sniper. Then it really hit me how low of drop rate that really is. Lets say Burners have .20% chance to drop A gun(I'm pretty sure it's actually lower than that), then you have a 1 in 7(0.14%) chance of it dropping a sniper rifle and then less than 1% chance of it being a Cobra. That means it has 0.0002464% chance to spawn; That's insane.

E: Top gear maths.
I don't have the patience (Or really the need) the grind for a Cobra.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Helbeast posted:

I had been grinding for a Cobra but, no burners would drop one after farming them for hours with no luck so I decided to look up the drop rate. The Cobra has a 0.0088% chance to spawn when a burner drops a sniper. Then it really hit me how low of drop rate that really is. Lets say Burners have .20% chance to drop A gun(I'm pretty sure it's actually lower than that), then you have a 1 in 7(0.14%) chance of it dropping a sniper rifle and then less than 1% chance of it being a Cobra. That means it has 0.0002464% chance to spawn; That's insane.

E: Top gear maths.

I'll dupe you one.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I'll dupe you one.
You're lol speedboat right? If so I wouldn't mind one. GT is FREE SHRUGS, I think we've actually played together a while back.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Norville Rogers posted:

And that way would be?

Speedboat Jones posted:

I'll dupe you one.

Get mine or from one of the people I've duped it for. haha gt: arkitekt4

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

You're lol speedboat right? If so I wouldn't mind one. GT is FREE SHRUGS, I think we've actually played together a while back.

Yeah it used to be lol speedboat but I just changed it so it would match my SA name. It's just Speedboat Jones now.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I play a lvl 50 Assassin and a lvl 38 Commando. Assassin is way more fun. Would love to go after Vermiverous, have done it before and it was pretty awesome.
Let me know you're from SA. Xbox live gamertag: LydiRae

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Seneschal posted:

I play a lvl 50 Assassin and a lvl 38 Commando. Assassin is way more fun. Would love to go after Vermiverous, have done it before and it was pretty awesome.
Let me know you're from SA. Xbox live gamertag: LydiRae

I'll drop a friend request in a few minutes, my GT's the same as my username here. I'm so down for a bug hunt.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I'll be on in a couple hours. I have house things to do. Responsible adult things! Laundry!
Also I don't like to use a microphone when I play, because I suck at hearing people breathe into their headsets. So we will communicate by my hopping in morse code.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Me and Mech killed Vermivorous earlier in the creature slaughter dome. I think that's my go-to place to farm him now, since ultimate badass varkids can appear right off the bat.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Just dodging the supers and ultimates until it spawns, or...?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

I died to a super badass and on respawn managed to aggro literally everything on the map some how while in the box. A huge chunk of what was thrown at me didn't but what made it through almost me downed me a couple of times.

Also I don't have the DLC but now I can go into that area and do the arena without paying for it.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

We were trying to get him to spawn in caustic caverns but the best we could do was 2 ultimates that wouldn't ever spawn vermi.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

There's a nice spot to hide where not much can get you, especially anything bigger than a super. They tend to fly and bury themselves instead of attack if you can get to cover.

Mech: Can you do it in single player as well now?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

There's a nice spot to hide where not much can get you, especially anything bigger than a super. They tend to fly and bury themselves instead of attack if you can get to cover.

Mech: Can you do it in single player as well now?

Yep. I wonder if they'll patch this.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Seneschal posted:

I'll be on in a couple hours. I have house things to do. Responsible adult things! Laundry!
Also I don't like to use a microphone when I play, because I suck at hearing people breathe into their headsets. So we will communicate by my hopping in morse code.

Sorry, I gotta drop right now; I've got work to be at on weekday mornings. Will you be online tomorrow? We could get some exterminating in then.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Sorry, I gotta drop right now; I've got work to be at on weekday mornings. Will you be online tomorrow? We could get some exterminating in then.

Yeah, I hope so. Maybe afternoon, but probably more likely in the late evening. Of course I'm on Pacific Time, so when I say late evening I mean after my nine.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Recent SHiFT code that may expire today!

XBOX360 posted:

WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS

PS3 posted:

C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ

e: from here

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Jake Blues posted:

Recent SHiFT code that may expire today!

Worked for me (360)
Thanks!

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

After farming pretty much all the bosses yesterday over and over for some orange items, I received none. Ten or so minutes messing around Pyro Pete's & whatever the outside area is called, not only is every chest giving me them, but enemies are dropping them like mad.

Is this normal for this area or am I getting so, so very lucky?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Alright alright alright. Is there an event going on right now? I just had a slagga drop from a random psycho marauder and in the same area (finding the power core for sanctuary) a bandit chest opens up to reveal not one, not two, but FOUR legendary grenade mods.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Alright alright alright. Is there an event going on right now? I just had a slagga drop from a random psycho marauder and in the same area (finding the power core for sanctuary) a bandit chest opens up to reveal not one, not two, but FOUR legendary grenade mods.

poo poo, I'll have to screw around with this when I get off of work.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Glitch into the treasure room, guys. All of the normal boxes on the outside are throwing orange at me. The centre pirate chests seem to be unaffected.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

Glitch into the treasure room, guys. All of the normal boxes on the outside are throwing orange at me. The centre pirate chests seem to be unaffected.

Yeah I just had a baby maker drop for me. So I'm gonna get off live and check around. See if drops are still crazy.

Edit: Just had a leech drop from a bullymong. I'm all for having legendaries drop but this seems a little odd.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 12, 2013

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Someone on the gearbox forums suggested it could be the latest hotfix. I have no idea what that means, but I'm guessing it means an error in whatever changes they've made recently.

I'm okay with this error.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

Someone on the gearbox forums suggested it could be the latest hotfix. I have no idea what that means, but I'm guessing it means an error in whatever changes they've made recently.

I'm okay with this error.

Yeah I was looking around there and it seems to be a pretty common thing happening right now. But some ps3 players are saying it's not happening anymore.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the double post but everything is back to normal again. No more crazy drops, just really crap whites and greens again. Shoulda kept some of the things that dropped. Hell, shoulda stayed offline until another Madhous dropped.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

:siren: Got a crazy glitch in my game going on right now where every chest I open has oranges in it, it even persists after fast travelling. Someone join my game with an empty inventory and lets grab some poo poo! I also need to know the area with the most red chests since I dumbly closed off the treasure room to myself.

360: kr0jar

edit: that's what I get for not refreshing, I thought it was just me :lol:

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

In my game everything is still glitching. I've not left this session yet. May not until I find a Bitch!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

In my game everything is still glitching. I've not left this session yet. May not until I find a Bitch!

I should've stayed in the session until a madhous dropped. :negative: Ah well, now I can feel less dirty about any legendary dropping.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Fibby Boy posted:

I should've stayed in the session until a madhous dropped. :negative: Ah well, now I can feel less dirty about any legendary dropping.

I've gone offline. I'll keep an eye out for you. I swear I've sold 4 already.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

I've gone offline. I'll keep an eye out for you. I swear I've sold 4 already.

I don't care what element as long as it's level 50. If you've got a low level character, someone in the 30's, I've still got those grenade mods and a baby maker from when the glitch was active for me.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

It'll be level 50. I hope you're an Xbro. Add ABIGG0AT (o is a zero) if so, and I'll keep in mining the treasure room until I get one. Or ten.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

To anyone still "orange'd": could you pick up a level 0, 1, or 2 Hornet from Knuckledragger, or a few choice level 50 Gubs from The Fridge?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like they fixed the evil smasher glitch too. Gonna be a pain in the rear end to get crystals now.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If I really need to do that I guess I could turn clear my cache and farm bosses offline.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

I've got two gubs (double and a marksman) for you Wendigo. I'll see what I can do about the hornet but obviously it's pot luck.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Marogareh posted:

Looks like they fixed the evil smasher glitch too. Gonna be a pain in the rear end to get crystals now.

This is terrible news.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm not 100% sure but I tried getting it to work for 10 minutes and I've only seen one explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ah, hell. Was wondering when they were gonna get off their asses and fix that. (The ES GLitch) Welp, I'll just do what I did when I wanted to Fleshstick level. Also I wish they hadn't caught the crazy legendary drop rates thing so drat fast- oh sure, take months to fix Zer0's slayer of terramorphous mod but that's what you fix in like an hour. Dammit, Gearbox.

• Locked thread