Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

Comfortador posted:

It will be getting the first. But will they actually double the 2x exp as well? With Lesson/Adventure pots holy poo poo.

Last double XP weekend applied to test, too. I think it only works out to 3x XP instead of 4x XP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Comfortador posted:

It will be getting the first. But will they actually double the 2x exp as well? With Lesson/Adventure pots holy poo poo.
Before you get too excited, it's actually "only" +100% xp, additive, so the xp rate on Test with double xp weekend will be 300%, 400% with lesson. Or like 700% with my lovely RAF account, drowning in AAs. :)

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Hey guys! Downloading now, can't wait to join you guys. I wonder if my monk from years ago still exists, and if i can transfer it to test...

anyway... whats the best time to encounter goons on test?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Pilsner posted:

Before you get too excited, it's actually "only" +100% xp, additive, so the xp rate on Test with double xp weekend will be 300%, 400% with lesson. Or like 700% with my lovely RAF account, drowning in AAs. :)

Thats still pretty drat good. RAF account?

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

Daaz posted:

Hey guys! Downloading now, can't wait to join you guys. I wonder if my monk from years ago still exists, and if i can transfer it to test...

anyway... whats the best time to encounter goons on test?

There are always goons online; two weeks ago i had The Plague and was home from work several days, and there were always goons on to play with. If you /join goontest , you can ask in there for a guild invite

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Man, I haven't played EQ in days, need to get my exp on soon.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Nice, got in the guild. I'm Lonzo, an iksar monk.. If anyone wants to send care packages :goatsecx:

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Comfortador posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what's your plan to go 75-80? I'm currently sitting at 74, basically I've been afk leveling in Split paw. (Sitting a char in one room where 2 mobs spawn, and another character in the room across from it where another 2 mobs spawn, with the mercs running back and forth for each other.)

I've been really happy with my 3box/3merc group in Sunderrock Springs near the Son of Severan. From there I can pull that entire camp of gnolls + bears on the other side.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Question regarding /resetaa usage...

Let's say I put points into an AA that raised my potential skill cap beyond what it would normally be, and subsequently raised that skill up. Then, I do a /resetaa and reassign my AA but do not re-purchase that AA that raised my skill cap. Will that break anything or will my skill just go back to whatever it was before the AA was involved?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
It won't break anything. Lets say strength cap is 650 and you're wearing 1k worth of strength. Your stat now looks like 1000/650, so you get credit for 650 of it.

Now you spend a ton of AA and raise that cap to 800. Now your stat looks like 1000/800 and you get credit for 800 strength instead of 650.

If you reset the AA, it just goes back to 1000/650 and you again only get credit for 650 of it until you rebuy those cap AAs.

FWIW those stat AA are really low return on investment, so don't pick them up until you've got almost all the other stuff

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

What about for AA that raise skills, not necessarily stat caps?

For example "New Tanaan Crafting Mastery" where you can raise a tradeskill beyond what your cap would be without the AA? So if I had that AA and raised my skill to, say, 225, but then /resetaa and don't buy it again, so does my skill cause problems if it's at 225/200?

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Sand Monster posted:

For example "New Tanaan Crafting Mastery" where you can raise a tradeskill beyond what your cap would be without the AA? So if I had that AA and raised my skill to, say, 225, but then /resetaa and don't buy it again, so does my skill cause problems if it's at 225/200?

For specialization casting skills, it resets it to 49 across the board...so you're better off just earning more AA since it's so easy on test rather than finding out the hard way. Then again, crafting isn't exactly hard to level up either with unlimited mats.

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?
Anyone else using Isboxer and Innerspace suddenly unable to launch the launchpad through innerpsace without it crashing right away??

Was playing fine yesterday, but today it all seems to be broken. Eq launches fine without using innerspace but none of my hotkeys work...

Trowadeath
Jan 13, 2007
Einbierbitte here, been super busy with school recently, but I'm on break now and summer is coming up so I'm thinking about coming back to EQ.

What's new? Everybody still on Luclin?

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Trowadeath posted:

Einbierbitte here, been super busy with school recently, but I'm on break now and summer is coming up so I'm thinking about coming back to EQ.

What's new? Everybody still on Luclin?

Copy over to Test, look for anyone in <The Roost Gave Me Harpies>, I think everyone has invite permission and there's almost always at least a few people on.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Sand Monster posted:

I copied over to test, reset AAs, and zoned. Forage should be at 250, the tradeskills are all yellow 300/200, and specialize skills dropped to 49. Then I bought tailoring master and tried some 520 triv combines, and the success rate seemed about right with a short trial. I could also a combine that requires 300 skill.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Does Intellect or Wisdom affect the chance of increasing casting skills? I remembered something like this from a long time ago but I'm not sure anymore. Basically, I don't want to set up an afk macro but my boxed shaman and mage both need like 75+ evocation to max out and use their latest spells without fizzling. I use evocation spells a ton but it raises very slowly. I'm wondering if my skills would raise more quickly if I were to /resetaa and basically double or triple my int/wis for skill gains for a night before /resetaa'ing again once they are at appropriate levels.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Andy Dufresne, on paper INT/WIS does affect it a little, but I wouldn't bother maxing them out. Casting skills just take their time. A trick I would use it to load your magician and shaman with a very low level nuke (fast casting is the key), and then put in your dps macro (which I assume you use as you drag them along and fight) to cast those spells 5 times in a row on each mob you fight. This will get them lots of spell casts and chance of skillups. They will deal little damage, but you have to suffer for the skills. :)

Sand Monster posted:

For example, if you buy 5 ranks of Tracking Mastery, grind tracking to 300 and then /resetaa, your tracking skill in the Skills window will be yellow and say 300/200. You will be as if you had 200 tracking. Buy the AAs again and it will go back up to 300/300.

Same deal with the Crafting Mastery. Let's say you have maxed Smithing, Tailoring and Fletching to 300. /resetaa, and now a random (I think) two of those three will say in yellow text 200/300 in your Skills window. Buy the Crafting Mastery AA, and one by one they will go non-yellow again and function at max skill.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Andy Dufresne posted:

Does Intellect or Wisdom affect the chance of increasing casting skills? I remembered something like this from a long time ago but I'm not sure anymore. Basically, I don't want to set up an afk macro but my boxed shaman and mage both need like 75+ evocation to max out and use their latest spells without fizzling. I use evocation spells a ton but it raises very slowly. I'm wondering if my skills would raise more quickly if I were to /resetaa and basically double or triple my int/wis for skill gains for a night before /resetaa'ing again once they are at appropriate levels.

If it's anything like other stat based skills it probably doesn't do anything above 200.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Thanks for the clarification on /resetaa. I also found that, if you try to use it again, it says you have to wait a week. But apparently you might just need to zone and then it will work again. I waited a few hours and logged back in and I could use it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I just hit 81 on my monk and have AA's I don't know what to do with. Everywhere I look online has outdated information and there aren't enough people on the server I'm on to ask.

Also where is a good place to solo at level 81? It's hard to find a group since the small populations are so insular.

What kind of progression should I do for my monk? What are the best AA's and what is a good resource to find out what each one does in real numbers?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
You really can't go wrong with critical/hastened mend, (hastened) imitate death, and everything to do with flying kicks (stonefoot, kick mastery, stunning kick, hastened stunning kick, and the other cooldown reduction AA). I have no idea where to find numbers for a lot of things, you sorta just gotta feel around.

If you're solo/moloing go to Ashengate. Try to get a goon to help you with your J5 merc quest and poo poo'll be easier. Unfortunately things are probably going to start kicking your rear end around 85 if you're moloing, so I'd definitely consider levelling another character to 2box with.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Jastiger posted:

I just hit 81 on my monk and have AA's I don't know what to do with. Everywhere I look online has outdated information and there aren't enough people on the server I'm on to ask.

Also where is a good place to solo at level 81? It's hard to find a group since the small populations are so insular.

What kind of progression should I do for my monk? What are the best AA's and what is a good resource to find out what each one does in real numbers?
For every AA you're in doubt of, try to google like this:

<AA name> site:monkly-business.net

For example:

kick mastery site:monkly-business.net

This will almost always give you some threads on Monkly Business about the worth of an AA.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Most of the stuff I see on there is outdated but I'd its still an active forum I'll hit it up for sure.

I have imitate death, I'm just not sure on the kick stuff. Is flying kick really worth sinking all those AAs into? I don't know, they never give you any modifiers. Like clawstrikers hits for 2k but there is no indication it will do that until you actual use it.

I try to do ashengate but its SOOOO far away. I died there once and was just like...gently caress it. I'm also not Gold so I can only get apprentice T5 merc. Speaking of which, is it worth while to get gold for that or is it not a big deal. I use a healer so I can't see how it'd be a huge boost.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Jastiger posted:

Most of the stuff I see on there is outdated but I'd its still an active forum I'll hit it up for sure.

I have imitate death, I'm just not sure on the kick stuff. Is flying kick really worth sinking all those AAs into? I don't know, they never give you any modifiers. Like clawstrikers hits for 2k but there is no indication it will do that until you actual use it.

I try to do ashengate but its SOOOO far away. I died there once and was just like...gently caress it. I'm also not Gold so I can only get apprentice T5 merc. Speaking of which, is it worth while to get gold for that or is it not a big deal. I use a healer so I can't see how it'd be a huge boost.

This site has some pretty detailed information for what each point of an AA would do (at least for most AA's). May or may not be helpful to you.

http://eqaasearch.org/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jastiger posted:

Are you playing with friends? Most of the goons here are on the Test server, where you get Gold for free.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Devor posted:

Done! No line right now if anyone else has alts that they'd like a set of Abstruse for.

I could use a set for my wiz. His name is Hyeaterwiz. Thanks for this!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Are you playing with friends? Most of the goons here are on the Test server, where you get Gold for free.

I'm not, and I don't want to start all the way over on the Test server. I'm a one man punching machine.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Jastiger posted:

I'm not, and I don't want to start all the way over on the Test server. I'm a one man punching machine.

/testcopy and voila, your one man punching machine is on Test.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, so I can just bounce my monk-pants over to test? Keep all my AA's, XP and all that stuff too? Does he stay on the server he's on now in case they wipe him? Tell me more.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Jastiger posted:

Oh, so I can just bounce my monk-pants over to test? Keep all my AA's, XP and all that stuff too? Does he stay on the server he's on now in case they wipe him? Tell me more.

He stays, and they will not wipe Test. Just make sure to not overwrite your character once you testcopy. Instead, use mules to copy plat/droppable gear over.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Picnic Lunch posted:

I could use a set for my wiz. His name is Hyeaterwiz. Thanks for this!

Sent! It always freaks me out when I make silk armor because the item icons are the same as chain/plate. I think I hosed up for a second and made the wrong class.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

revenance posted:

He stays, and they will not wipe Test. Just make sure to not overwrite your character once you testcopy. Instead, use mules to copy plat/droppable gear over.

There is a potential for overwrite? Please tell me how this could happen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jastiger posted:

There is a potential for overwrite? Please tell me how this could happen.

If you copy your monk over, and then copy him again. Which won't happen accidentally, you'd have to do it intentionally.

Play on test. You copy over everything, so your character is identical, plus you get gold for free, double XP, and goons well give you free stuff. Only reason not to is if you play with other people on another server.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I'd never played EQ before, so I decided to give this a whirl. I have a few horribly noobish questions:

- Do food/water do anything? Where can I tell if I'm getting low or whatever?
- Being a F2P scrub, I didn't have much choice with a class, so I picked rogue. Is there any point to sneaking behind mobs for a backstab?
- At the suggestion of the OP, I hired a tank mercenary, but unless I step back and throw rocks at poo poo, he never holds aggro. I set him up as main tank and myself as main assist, per the tutorial, but am I doing it wrong?
- At one of my level-ups, it said I acquired some ability called "Hide". I couldn't find it anywhere in the interface though, what is it?
- At level 5, I got an Origin spell, and I cast it thinking it was like a hearthstone. :downs: So now I'm somewhere completely different, can I get back to the tutorial zone?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ofecks posted:

I'd never played EQ before, so I decided to give this a whirl. I have a few horribly noobish questions:

- Do food/water do anything? Where can I tell if I'm getting low or whatever?
- Being a F2P scrub, I didn't have much choice with a class, so I picked rogue. Is there any point to sneaking behind mobs for a backstab?
- At the suggestion of the OP, I hired a tank mercenary, but unless I step back and throw rocks at poo poo, he never holds aggro. I set him up as main tank and myself as main assist, per the tutorial, but am I doing it wrong?
- At one of my level-ups, it said I acquired some ability called "Hide". I couldn't find it anywhere in the interface though, what is it?
- At level 5, I got an Origin spell, and I cast it thinking it was like a hearthstone. :downs: So now I'm somewhere completely different, can I get back to the tutorial zone?

I would like to reiterate my last post, and recommend you go to Test. No F2P restrictions, and you can instantly turn level 25 by typing /testbuff.

What do you want to play? What kind of class do you like?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Decided to roll some new dudes on Test. Spacetime and Timespace. toss me herpes someone!

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Devor posted:

Sent! It always freaks me out when I make silk armor because the item icons are the same as chain/plate. I think I hosed up for a second and made the wrong class.

If possible could i get an Abstruse bp for my wizard, Bisekshual, and an abstruse set for my rogue, Superghost? Thanks a bunch if you can, no rush at all.

Also for everyone: I have a completely full set (fear touched and non-visible gear) of level 92 RoF gear for anyone that needs it, just ask me on Krintix/Xrec/Meepit

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Jastiger posted:

Flying Kick/Stunning Kick in fact become a VERY significant chunk of Monk DPS (lol monk dps), so yes, max those out. Pick up Crippling Strike (one rank is fine) unless you have a dedicated snare class in group. Make sure to notice Crippling Strike and Stunning Kick (Bigass damage very similar to clawstrikers line) are on THE SAME TIMER, so if you're doing the snaring in a group to prevent mobs from bolting, make drat SURE you work on getting the feel for judging a group's DPS/kill rate so you don't end up popping Stunning Kick with the mob at 25%, then helplessly watch him run off into the sunset before coming back with his bros to gently caress you. If I'm on my monk, I basically declare a group a "good" group when I can mash Stunning Kick the minute the tank locks down the mob then have the fight end very near the end of that cooldown. Unless you're just in a lovely group, a second stunning kick shouldn't even really be an option, but if it is, don't use it. You'll understand why the first time a mob at 15% turns around, runs the gently caress away at bard speed, and there was nothing you could do to stop it before it decides to introduce you to 40x new friends since Crippling Strike was on CD from you pressing Stunning Kick at a really poor time.

Modern monks are in an extremely poor place right now with no real signature utility and only mid-tier DPS. 85+ (where the real game starts now) your job is going to basically be pulling sometimes (multiple other classes can do it just as fast or faster now, particularly until the monk hits 95 and can snag Moving Mountains AA(SKs have had this since 85)) because nobody know what the hell else to do with a monk. You're also middle of the road DPS so might as well boost it as high as you can while never, ever looking at a parse on anything because it will gut you to see classes with 10x more utility than you absolutely humiliating your DPS.

Zliz and I are I think the only two long-time monks in the goon group and he finally saw the light the other day when he watched a Bst (Sup Mas) triple his DPS while also having a pet that's a better tank than a warrior. I've been in a thousand groups with Zliz at this point and he's an absolute badass when it comes skill, so the fact that he's being poo poo on by pretty much every other class is clear indication monks are just not having a very good time right now no matter how good you happen to be at playing a Monk. EQ1's almost the only MMO left where (at least for some classes to an extent) sheer knowledge and skill are just as beneficial as gear. Which is what really just drives a truck over the Monk class's potential. I doubt there's a single non-raid monk still playing EQ who's straight up a better monk than Zliz is, because he's just that good. However, he's still getting poo poo on by a huge variety of classes that require 1/10 the amount of focus that pushing a monk to the extreme does, yet still taking a massive dump all over that 10x as concentration-required monk busting his rear end

There are still plenty of reasons to play a monk, but they mostly all boil down to the fact that monks are cool as poo poo with a REALLY fun playstyle. You will go from level 1 to 100 without ever, EVER being invited to a group for a reason other than pity or because they're too lazy to pull. Devs have already WIDELY acknowledged that monks are in a truly HORRIBLE place right now, so we're getting buffed, but the time frame is Sony Online Entertainment As Soon As We Can Guys, Promise! (tm)

Hopefully they figure out a role for monks to play soon, but right now all you can do is become really really good at pulling and rotating DPS discs in a fairly intricate and non-obvious manner to keep your average grind DPS as high as possible. If it makes you feel better, almost every other class is having the same crisis to varying degrees except pet classes. Mage/Necro/BST in current EQ has to be one of the most egregiously broken implementations of MMO class balance that the world has ever seen. Anyone who's not a pet class and also not a raider basically sits on the sidelines and watches a pet class solo any named that pop, because you're sure as gently caress not tanking them even though a mage pet does it effortlessly.

If you play the monk EXTREMELY well in the group game, you can compete with the other DPS classes, but it's relatively hard compared to almost every other DPS class. Feel free to hit me up on Test if you want the lowdown on maximizing Monk DPS, I'm always on Kodaji (Alternately, I'm the one guy in General chat who heckles people from EQ2 and it's fairly easy to tell who I am because half the server talks poo poo to me at all times). The monk forums (Monkly Business) went super elitist years ago and formed an invite-only forum and chat channel which are the only places actual theorycrafting and solid advice are discussed, so if you are all about being the best monk you can possibly be, bug me sometime soon.

P.S. I remember your name from the League of Legends thread. Don't do that on Test. Test server is too small to be a complete rear end in a top hat on whenever you feel like it. There are definitely still Test pubbies worth being a total rear end to (search the forums for Melcoy or Ryantear), but in general we don't operate like most of the other goon guilds. Lurk in General chat at least a day or two before you start flinging poo poo. We fling a lot of poo poo, you just have to be careful who you fling it at on Test due to the Everyone-Knows-Everyone-Else population size. Pretty much if you see Kixur, Kodaji, Slowdive, Tapp, Lasombr, Thalyn loving with a guy, you can gently caress with that guy too all you want.

TL;DR - drat that was long as gently caress, sorry

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrTheDevious posted:

Flying Kick/Stunning Kick in fact become a VERY significant chunk of Monk DPS (lol monk dps), so yes, max those out. Pick up Crippling Strike (one rank is fine) unless you have a dedicated snare class in group. Make sure to notice Crippling Strike and Stunning Kick (Bigass damage very similar to clawstrikers line) are on THE SAME TIMER, so if you're doing the snaring in a group to prevent mobs from bolting, make drat SURE you work on getting the feel for judging a group's DPS/kill rate so you don't end up popping Stunning Kick with the mob at 25%, then helplessly watch him run off into the sunset before coming back with his bros to gently caress you. If I'm on my monk, I basically declare a group a "good" group when I can mash Stunning Kick the minute the tank locks down the mob then have the fight end very near the end of that cooldown. Unless you're just in a lovely group, a second stunning kick shouldn't even really be an option, but if it is, don't use it. You'll understand why the first time a mob at 15% turns around, runs the gently caress away at bard speed, and there was nothing you could do to stop it before it decides to introduce you to 40x new friends since Crippling Strike was on CD from you pressing Stunning Kick at a really poor time.

Modern monks are in an extremely poor place right now with no real signature utility and only mid-tier DPS. 85+ (where the real game starts now) your job is going to basically be pulling sometimes (multiple other classes can do it just as fast or faster now, particularly until the monk hits 95 and can snag Moving Mountains AA(SKs have had this since 85)) because nobody know what the hell else to do with a monk. You're also middle of the road DPS so might as well boost it as high as you can while never, ever looking at a parse on anything because it will gut you to see classes with 10x more utility than you absolutely humiliating your DPS.

Zliz and I are I think the only two long-time monks in the goon group and he finally saw the light the other day when he watched a Bst (Sup Mas) triple his DPS while also having a pet that's a better tank than a warrior. I've been in a thousand groups with Zliz at this point and he's an absolute badass when it comes skill, so the fact that he's being poo poo on by pretty much every other class is clear indication monks are just not having a very good time right now no matter how good you happen to be at playing a Monk. EQ1's almost the only MMO left where (at least for some classes to an extent) sheer knowledge and skill are just as beneficial as gear. Which is what really just drives a truck over the Monk class's potential. I doubt there's a single non-raid monk still playing EQ who's straight up a better monk than Zliz is, because he's just that good. However, he's still getting poo poo on by a huge variety of classes that require 1/10 the amount of focus that pushing a monk to the extreme does, yet still taking a massive dump all over that 10x as concentration-required monk busting his rear end

There are still plenty of reasons to play a monk, but they mostly all boil down to the fact that monks are cool as poo poo with a REALLY fun playstyle. You will go from level 1 to 100 without ever, EVER being invited to a group for a reason other than pity or because they're too lazy to pull. Devs have already WIDELY acknowledged that monks are in a truly HORRIBLE place right now, so we're getting buffed, but the time frame is Sony Online Entertainment As Soon As We Can Guys, Promise! (tm)

Hopefully they figure out a role for monks to play soon, but right now all you can do is become really really good at pulling and rotating DPS discs in a fairly intricate and non-obvious manner to keep your average grind DPS as high as possible. If it makes you feel better, almost every other class is having the same crisis to varying degrees except pet classes. Mage/Necro/BST in current EQ has to be one of the most egregiously broken implementations of MMO class balance that the world has ever seen. Anyone who's not a pet class and also not a raider basically sits on the sidelines and watches a pet class solo any named that pop, because you're sure as gently caress not tanking them even though a mage pet does it effortlessly.

If you play the monk EXTREMELY well in the group game, you can compete with the other DPS classes, but it's relatively hard compared to almost every other DPS class. Feel free to hit me up on Test if you want the lowdown on maximizing Monk DPS, I'm always on Kodaji (Alternately, I'm the one guy in General chat who heckles people from EQ2 and it's fairly easy to tell who I am because half the server talks poo poo to me at all times). The monk forums (Monkly Business) went super elitist years ago and formed an invite-only forum and chat channel which are the only places actual theorycrafting and solid advice are discussed, so if you are all about being the best monk you can possibly be, bug me sometime soon.

P.S. I remember your name from the League of Legends thread. Don't do that on Test. Test server is too small to be a complete rear end in a top hat on whenever you feel like it. There are definitely still Test pubbies worth being a total rear end to (search the forums for Melcoy or Ryantear), but in general we don't operate like most of the other goon guilds. Lurk in General chat at least a day or two before you start flinging poo poo. We fling a lot of poo poo, you just have to be careful who you fling it at on Test due to the Everyone-Knows-Everyone-Else population size. Pretty much if you see Kixur, Kodaji, Slowdive, Tapp, Lasombr, Thalyn loving with a guy, you can gently caress with that guy too all you want.

TL;DR - drat that was long as gently caress, sorry

Crippling strike and stunning kick do that much? I wish i had known that. It isn't obvious in the descriptor. Ill look you up when i can. Its good to know they at least plan on buffing the class. Pet classes have been broken since day one. That is nothing new .

As far as lol goes i dont know what you mean.