Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
A question for those of you that buy floppies and collected editions:
Growing up I never had a problem with deciding on purchases. If I had it in floppies I didn't buy it and if I didn't have it and wanted it I'd get the trade. However, we're at a point where everything is collected, in multiple editions. I've been fascinated looking at other people's shelves and I get jealous when I see someone like Glen Danzig post really great collections, but I know that if I didn't get floppies and buy the same poo poo multiple times I could have a collection like that. Does anyone else get caught up in thought like that, trying to make decisions on collection possibilities, "should I forgo this series in floppies?" "Is there going to be a better collection?" The majority of my collection is like the first and second collection of a series and no more, because I went on to finish out the collection in floppies. Lately i feel like I have to predict series, by guessing, "Will Hawkeye be big enough it'll get a nice hardcover collection or omnibus?" "Will I care enough about about what's going on in Avengers that I need to get it monthly?" Not that buying things twice is a huge deal, I like something enough and I have no problem, but it just means there's less money to buy more things. I find that I think about it more around con season or when I go out of town to other stores (was in San Diego this weekend). I'm curious if anyone else has this discussion with themselves or how they reconcile it. I really am thinking of becoming a trade waiter and only supporting independent or smaller books in monthly purchases. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Shawn posted:

Thoughts?

It's easy for me as I rarely enjoy anything in monthly form. I might just watch to many TV shows, read too many novel and comics to remember everything going on from month to month.

I get much more enjoyment from reading things once they are done or once story arcs is completed than I do reading monthly.

I also get much more enjoyment from having a nice library with bookshelves full of great collected editions than I do by having a bunch of bagged and boarded comic books in crappy cardboard boxes in a closet somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey I bought the Layton Iron Man Omnibus and don't like the contents as much as I remembered, anybody want it for what I paid plus shipping? $55.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Hey I bought the Layton Iron Man Omnibus and don't like the contents as much as I remembered, anybody want it for what I paid plus shipping? $55.

poo poo I want it but can not pay until next Friday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

poo poo I want it but can not pay until next Friday.

Dealy-O. I'll find a box and have it ready to go.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just picked up the Sleeper Omnibus. I hope it's as good as the first one.

Speaking of omnibuses, should I pick up the Wolverine omnibus by Mark Miller?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume that's Enemy of The State, and I'm of the opinion that the storyline sucks, so no.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume that's Enemy of The State, and I'm of the opinion that the storyline sucks, so no.

His last issue was pretty good, the rest is crap.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Dealy-O. I'll find a box and have it ready to go.

Thank you. Do you want me to pay you through paypal? If so I will give you the information next thursday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Thank you. Do you want me to pay you through paypal? If so I will give you the information next thursday.

Yeah PP is the way to go.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Speaking of omnibuses, should I pick up the Wolverine omnibus by Mark Miller?

If you have not read Old Man Logan and Enemy Of The State, and you want them oversized, yes, buy it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

obi_ant posted:

I wish I could read Sleeper again for the first time. It's my favorite of all the Brubaker/Phillips collaborations -- better than Incognito, Fatale, and even Criminal.

Does the Omnibus include Point Blank, the "prequel" miniseries by Brubaker and Colin Wilson? If not, you'll want to get that too.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Edit: Rhyno you have e-mail.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does the Omnibus include Point Blank, the "prequel" miniseries by Brubaker and Colin Wilson? If not, you'll want to get that too.

Yep, and Sleeper: Coup d'Etat.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Nice.

Anyone who preordered the Hawkeye Vol. 1 TPB from Amazon, did theirs ship today? Yesterday it was listed as coming out March 6th, but today I see it said March 19th (yet my preorder is still scheduled to arrive March 8th).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nice.

Anyone who preordered the Hawkeye Vol. 1 TPB from Amazon, did theirs ship today? Yesterday it was listed as coming out March 6th, but today I see it said March 19th (yet my preorder is still scheduled to arrive March 8th).

I have it down for next week from Diamond.

Edit: Age of Apocalypse Omnibus. Still sealed. $65 shipped. Takers?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Nice.

Mine has not shipped yet. My order still says expected delivery date March 26th too...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Casyl posted:

Mine has not shipped yet. My order still says expected delivery date March 26th too...

Thanks, both of you. I just double-checked (I used my wife's Prime account), and even though it still hasn't shipped, it still says March 8th is the delivery estimate. Weird. I really got my hopes up yesterday, needless to say!

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Has the TPB for Avengers vs X-Men been solicited yet? Amazon mistakenly links to the TPB of "AvX: Vs" instead. (god, what stupid titles)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hatter106 posted:

Has the TPB for Avengers vs X-Men been solicited yet? Amazon mistakenly links to the TPB of "AvX: Vs" instead. (god, what stupid titles)

Softcover? It's out on the 27th.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

Ummmm... This is tempting. But I assume you'd charge more to ship to me.

How big (physically) is the Sleeper omni? My store is sold out of it already, but they'll be ordering more in. I think I'd love to get it, but €75 seems a bit saucy.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Ummmm... This is tempting. But I assume you'd charge more to ship to me.

How big (physically) is the Sleeper omni? My store is sold out of it already, but they'll be ordering more in. I think I'd love to get it, but €75 seems a bit saucy.

About 600 pages with a healthy section of bonus material at the back. Definitely one of the better omnibuses I've gotten.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I put a few Marvel Omnibus' up in the Sale thread for really good prices IMHO. Please check them out and help me support my heroin habit clear out some stuff I don't need anymore.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Has US amazon always had a surcharge for heavy objects? Or have I somehow been avoiding it by ordering from overseas?
4$ per shipment + 4$ per book + 6$ for heavy items.
which is still admittedly better than anywhere else if you're living in a country that isn't the US or UK.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I put a few Marvel Omnibus' up in the Sale thread for really good prices IMHO. Please check them out and help me support my heroin habit clear out some stuff I don't need anymore.

McFarlane*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You spelled douchebag wrong.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You spelled douchebag wrong.

I thought we had something.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Thanks, both of you. I just double-checked (I used my wife's Prime account), and even though it still hasn't shipped, it still says March 8th is the delivery estimate. Weird. I really got my hopes up yesterday, needless to say!
Got an email from Amazon this morning saying the new estimated delivery date is the 19th.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Casyl posted:

Got an email from Amazon this morning saying the new estimated delivery date is the 19th.

It is out tomorrow in shops so you should have yours shortly.

Anybody want an Invisibles Omnibus? I just don't need the drat thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Strangers in Paradise is getting a softcover version of the Omnibus the published five years ago.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co..._medium=twitter

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Strangers in Paradise is getting a softcover version of the Omnibus the published five years ago.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co..._medium=twitter

I see a lot of these books at my used book store, is the series any good?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

If you want a book about the relationships of a bunch of normal people, yeah, it's good. The art is nice, and the story was pretty good the one time I read through it.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
It's not REALLY about "normal people" for very long. The relationship stuff is there in significant quantities, but it's basically a straight-up thriller.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I mean, in that they're not superheroes or whatever.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhyno posted:

How much for shipping to Michigan? Edit: Derp, sorry. Posting on the sly at work. I'll take it.

Rhyno posted:

It is out tomorrow in shops so you should have yours shortly.

Anybody want an Invisibles Omnibus? I just don't need the drat thing.

I do! How much?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 12, 2013

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

obi_ant posted:

loving amazing. Gorgeous art and the story goes from relationship stuff to thriller type stuff, all done very well. So loving good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

How much for shipping to Michigan? Edit: Derp, sorry. Posting on the sly at work. I'll take it.

I do! How much?

It's still shrink wrapped, $150 for both?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Mad Doc, Where in Michigan are you? I'll take you out for a beer.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhyno posted:

It's still shrink wrapped, $150 for both?

Shipped? I can swing that. Paypal?

^burtle posted:

Mad Doc, Where in Michigan are you? I'll take you out for a beer.

Ann Arbor/Ypsi area. Where are you at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah shipped. Paypal is ryancharleswhite AT yahoo.com.