Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Has anyone ever had their Twitter account suspended, erroneously or not? If you appealed it, how long did the process take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syjefroi
Oct 6, 2003

I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
Another Twitter question, and feel free to point me to a better thread:

With Twitter ads, do I really have to pay a few bucks a day with each day charging my card? Can I not pay Twitter $100 and just let a campaign go? I absolutely cannot find a place to charge a larger amount, and I don't want my bank statement to get cluttered up with a $1.52 charge here and a $2.91 charge there, every day.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Lyz posted:

If there's a (an?) SSI office near you, go there first with the marriage license and get her name changed. They'll give her an official letter that she can take to the DMV and get a new license with, and I'm pretty sure she only needs that and her old license.

(I'm guessing that was your question, how to get her name change officially started, although technically it started on the paperwork for the marriage license you filled out for your town.)

We were trying to mail the poo poo in as it's an absolute bitch to get off work during the week to go by a SSI office. Should I just start by mailing in the marriage cert, then go from there? Trying to get this done to get her passport with the name change.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
I have to move a chest freezer pretty soon (a square one, not one of the huge long ones). Anyway I am going to have to put it in a truck and drive it approximately 2 hours. Is there any reason I can't leave all the stuff inside? It's completely full. Maybe this is a dumb question but I've never had to move a freezer full of meat.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

razz posted:

I have to move a chest freezer pretty soon (a square one, not one of the huge long ones). Anyway I am going to have to put it in a truck and drive it approximately 2 hours. Is there any reason I can't leave all the stuff inside? It's completely full. Maybe this is a dumb question but I've never had to move a freezer full of meat.

Those things are really well insulated. If you're worried (like if it's really hot), pack free space with ice and you will be absolutely fine. But I would honestly imagine 2 hours unplugged wouldn't be too bad.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

razz posted:

Lot of frozen food questions ITT lately. Assuming that the freezer is the last thing you unplug/load on the truck and first thing you unload/plug in, you'd probably be safe. This is also assuming you are dealing with winter/cold weather in both where you are driving from and to. Hell, if it's cold enough outside, I'd say you run very little risk of food borne illness or spoilage.

If, however, you are on the other side of the world and you are in the middle of a summer hot spell, you're probably starting to get risky. If that's the case, still move it first thing, and don't open the drat thing during the move for any reason. Tape it shut as a matter of fact. Plug it in right away when you get there and then open it to do a double check. Everything still cold? You're probably fine. Stuff leaking or warm or soft? Toss it all.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
I'd be surprised if the inside of one of those things changed even a degree over two hours. When I was a kid, our house lost power for a day due to a tornado and everything in the chest freezer was fine. Just don't open it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Also try not to tip it up too much.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
Yeah I think it's fine for a few hours even in someplace like Phoenix in the summer.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Google suddenly made me a Google+ page, and with it my Youtube account now has my real name and a picture of my face on it which I'm not super-comfortable with, knowing Youtube. Is there any way to remove my face, name, or both from Youtube and go back to posting things under my Youtube account name?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Under the Youtube Account Settings, you should have the option of disconnecting your Google+ account from your Youtube account.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

YggiDee posted:

Under the Youtube Account Settings, you should have the option of disconnecting your Google+ account from your Youtube account.

That would be it, I was looking under the Google+ settings and not the Youtube ones. Much appreciated.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

razz posted:

Everyone's talking about the thawing / temperature issue, which I agree shouldn't be a problem for a few hours, but if it's decent sized and even halfway full of frozen meat it's going to be heavy as gently caress. Bring several friends or a forklift or plan on taking poo poo out to move it then filling it back up (quickly.)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What is the douchiest possible online handle within 16 letters? I'm thinking xX YOLO SWAG Xx but I would take suggestions...

edit: 9GAGYOLOSWAG420 barely fits, I may go with that

the fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 13, 2013

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Gothmog1065 posted:

We were trying to mail the poo poo in as it's an absolute bitch to get off work during the week to go by a SSI office. Should I just start by mailing in the marriage cert, then go from there? Trying to get this done to get her passport with the name change.

I don't know, best bet probably is to just call the closest office and ask. It might be worth taking the time to go in, it took me less than half an hour and I left with the letter I needed for the DMV. Maybe they'll accept faxes. Plus in my experience, the government is pretty bad at mailing poo poo back, I never got my birth certificate back from the passport office.

As for changing the passport, I don't know what that needs. Mine got stolen before I looked into it so I said "screw it" because I had to get a new one anyways.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

the posted:

What is the douchiest possible online handle within 16 letters? I'm thinking xX YOLO SWAG Xx but I would take suggestions...

~iCeCoLdStUnTaZ~
xXsExYgUiDo!69Xx

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Whatever you end up going with, definitely do the alternating caps and lowercase, it's insanely irritating.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

the posted:

You might like looking at the Worst Gamer Tag thread for some inspiration.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Also try not to tip it up too much.

Sort of obvious in the same vein: Duct tape the thing shut

Also keyboard guy: Remember your shortcuts. I once mapped ctrl+c to ɕ and ctrl+v to ʋ. This surprisingly turned out to be incredibly stupid.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I know about the "plastic" cups made out of corn; eco friendly, biodegradable, etc. But does anyone know of there exist corn plastic wine glasses ? We'd love them for our wedding but I'm not seeing anything on Google.

Liebfraumilch
Aug 17, 2008

BonHair posted:

Sort of obvious in the same vein: Duct tape the thing shut

Also keyboard guy: Remember your shortcuts. I once mapped ctrl+c to ɕ and ctrl+v to ʋ. This surprisingly turned out to be incredibly stupid.

Mine are relying on AltGr and the only annoyances I've come up with so far are typing on SA with the newer automatic formatting stuff (which happen with AltGr+u et al with or without my changes). I'm insanely happy with how things turned out so far, and even if the only thing I could accomplish was re-mapping the annoying ' and " dead keys on US International that made me wait for an apostrophe, it would have been worth it. :haw:

Oh, well I guess my AltGr+j (intended to make ı) does something weird when I have WinAmp open. How about that.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Golbez posted:

I know about the "plastic" cups made out of corn; eco friendly, biodegradable, etc. But does anyone know of there exist corn plastic wine glasses ? We'd love them for our wedding but I'm not seeing anything on Google.
Google "biodegradable wine glasses" and you'll find many.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

randyest posted:

Everyone's talking about the thawing / temperature issue, which I agree shouldn't be a problem for a few hours, but if it's decent sized and even halfway full of frozen meat it's going to be heavy as gently caress. Bring several friends or a forklift or plan on taking poo poo out to move it then filling it back up (quickly.)

Oh yes I imagine it is quite heavy. There are 3 entire deer cut up inside of it. I was contemplating maybe taking out some of the meat and putting it in coolers to make the freezer less heavy. It shouldn't be too hot when I move it (maybe 50-60s) so hopefully spoilage won't be an issue. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

I'll try to keep it as level as possible, hold it in place with ratchet straps, and duct-tape the lid shut. I've moved a fridge before, and I moved this freezer into the house when I bought it, but I've never moved something with the food still inside.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
If you have to take the meat out to lift it and are worried about temps, you could remove meat/load it, put meat back in well in advance, and keep it plugged in with an extension cord while its in the truck until you leave to get it back down to temp.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 13, 2013

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
Anyone know of t-shirt sites that use the same shirts as American Eagle Outfitters "athletic fit" shirts? Those shirts are really the best I've ever worn; they fit so well. I don't mind AE stuff, but I'm looking for other graphics and prints or even plain shirts that are of the same fit.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dudebro posted:

Anyone know of t-shirt sites that use the same shirts as American Eagle Outfitters "athletic fit" shirts? Those shirts are really the best I've ever worn; they fit so well. I don't mind AE stuff, but I'm looking for other graphics and prints or even plain shirts that are of the same fit.

A brief google confirmed my intuition: You are very unlikely to find their exact shirts from anyone else. They probably get them custom-made for them. Check out their size chart (bottom of the page). A medium is not a medium everywhere. It might be less tedious to just buy single shirts of a number of different decent brands and see which fits best.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

A brief google confirmed my intuition: You are very unlikely to find their exact shirts from anyone else. They probably get them custom-made for them. Check out their size chart (bottom of the page). A medium is not a medium everywhere. It might be less tedious to just buy single shirts of a number of different decent brands and see which fits best.

Just figured I'd ask. I thought that might be a case since they are a huge buyer of shirts and have deals with makers. I have tried many other brands and I didn't shop at AE for the longest time (maybe because I'm in Canada, not sure). The first time I tried an athletic fit shirt I was blown away. It fit like a glove.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Does anyone have any suggestions for cooling a room in the summer? I've been reading reviews on mini swamp coolers but the only ones in my price range($100) are reviewed either as very good products or fancy fans. Its making me cautious in buying one. My room mate keeps the AC at 85 in the summer(Arizona) and I don't want to spend another season sweating my cahoonas cojones off. So far I've come across two. http://preview.tinyurl.com/crunwdu and http://www.kuulaire.com/evaporative/packa44 Thoughts?

Moved to Phoenix LAN.

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 15, 2013

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
Could you get a small window unit AC? I often see them on Craigslist for <$50.

Edit: Additionally, if your roommate is keeping it at 85 due to cost, maybe offer to pay 2/3 of the utility bill during the summer instead of half (if that's the current scenario). Because if you get any other sort of electrical device to cool part of the house it's going to show up on your bill anyway.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FalloutGod posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for cooling a room in the summer? I've been reading reviews on mini swamp coolers but the only ones in my price range($100) are reviewed either as very good products or fancy fans. Its making me cautious in buying one. My room mate keeps the AC at 85 in the summer(Arizona) and I don't want to spend another season sweating my cahoonas off. So far I've come across two. http://preview.tinyurl.com/crunwdu and http://www.kuulaire.com/evaporative/packa44 Thoughts?
Tell your roommate to stop being an rear end in a top hat?

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

FalloutGod posted:

I don't want to spend another season sweating my cahoonas off.

Cojones?

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
What sort of hidden costs should I look for when hiring a carpet cleaner? Is $20 a room, too good to be true?

FalloutGod posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for cooling a room in the summer? I've been reading reviews on mini swamp coolers but the only ones in my price range($100) are reviewed either as very good products or fancy fans. Its making me cautious in buying one. My room mate keeps the AC at 85 in the summer(Arizona) and I don't want to spend another season sweating my cahoonas off. So far I've come across two. http://preview.tinyurl.com/crunwdu and http://www.kuulaire.com/evaporative/packa44 Thoughts?

ask your question in the Arizona/New Mexico thread in the LAN subforum, plenty of people versed in such.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Liebfraumilch posted:

Oh, well I guess my AltGr+j (intended to make ı) does something weird when I have WinAmp open. How about that.

You probably have it set as a shortcut in Winamp. Winamp shortcuts work no matter what program you're currently using so that you won't need to bring the Winamp window up to skip a song or whatever. You should be able to change the shortcut key or turn off global shortcuts entirely in the preferences.

Liebfraumilch
Aug 17, 2008

Tiggum posted:

You probably have it set as a shortcut in Winamp. Winamp shortcuts work no matter what program you're currently using so that you won't need to bring the Winamp window up to skip a song or whatever. You should be able to change the shortcut key or turn off global shortcuts entirely in the preferences.

Those resourceful bastards. Will look into that, thanks. :)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CatchrNdRy posted:

What sort of hidden costs should I look for when hiring a carpet cleaner? Is $20 a room, too good to be true?

Make sure they don't have a specific size that they consider to be a room. Many carpet cleaner ads will say something like "2 rooms - 200 sq. ft. max".

Also they're probably upsell you on different shampoos, scotch guard, etc.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

-Edit Nevermind

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 14, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
How do I stop getting emails from G+ every time someone makes a post on a G+ Community I'm part of?

Here's the notifications area of my G+ settings:

As you can see, in theory, the only time I should get an email with an phone notification is for event invitations. But I am getting an email AND a phone notification for a community I joined a few days ago. Is it because I originally had emails notifications on when I joined the Community? Maybe I should leave and re-join?

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
A couple of months back I remember I stumbled across a generator online that created PDFs of random math and physics research papers that sounded all fancy but didn't actually mean anything. They would be these 5-10 pages full of graphs and crazy models and tables with this dense jargon and language that was completely impossible to understand but looked pretty legit. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't seem to find it. The only thing I can find is SCIgen, but that seems to only mainly create Computer Science essays, and I remember it making Math and Physics as well.

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 14, 2013

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

The Dark Wind posted:

A couple of months back I remember I stumbled across a generator online that created PDFs of random math and physics research papers that sounded all fancy but didn't actually mean anything. They would be these 5-10 pages full of graphs and crazy models and tables with this dense jargon and language that was completely impossible to understand but looked pretty legit. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't seem to find it. The only thing I can find is SCIgen, but that seems to only mainly create Computer Science essays, and I remember it making Math and Physics as well.

First hit on "random math paper generator": http://thatsmathematics.com/mathgen/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

dokmo posted:

First hit on "random math paper generator": http://thatsmathematics.com/mathgen/

My Google-Fu is not what it used to be :(. Thank you!