Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

10 Beers posted:

No problem, man. I can totally be your proxy weapon delivery guy.

Also, I'll be on later this afternoon, would anyone be able to help me kill Leviathan? Trying to do it solo in TVHM as a 37 Commando is ridiculously hard.

Count me in on that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I'll be on tonight around 8:30 CST with my 30 gunzerker. Or if the situation calls for it, a 50 soldier/mechro/siren to farm or help power level.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Greenplastic posted:

On PS3? I'd love a Neogenator and Skullmasher... If someone will explain me how to dupe (in detail, I'm real afraid to gently caress up my save or something, all the online tutorials say "Quit to dashboard IMMEDIATELY after trading" or similar, which sounds scary). I have a bunch of oranges I can throw back!

What's your psn? I can give you the skullmasher since it was very disappointing for me. I have the Cobra if you want it too.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

What's your psn? I can give you the skullmasher since it was very disappointing for me. I have the Cobra if you want it too.

I'd love to try them out! Anything you're looking for? I have a bunch of different legendaries.

PSN: McLoennechen

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 13, 2013

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
After doing a run through of Borderlands 1, I've been back playing Borderlands 2 split screen with a friend. Now this friend doesn't have a gold account so I just use a silver account for her and we have to play offline.

The loot is loving horrible. We are facing up against enemies 2 or more lvls above us all the time and nothing is dropping. We are hitting a wall where our equipment isn't keeping up. I thought it might be because we were playing offline but I played with an online friend who was getting even worse drops. I helped him pass the Scarlett dlc for the first time and the treasure room was full of garbage of blues and a couple of garbage purples. WTF did they do to the game while I was away.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

The Duke posted:

You can't do anything to change drop rates. The Vault Hunter's relic that came with preorders doesn't do poo poo either, even though it says 5% rare loot increase, you just get blues more often.

Basically spend hours farming or get a guy up to level 50 and start begging for people to barf their orange collection into your game.

I guess you could get the Pirate's Booty DLC and leave the last treasure room quest open so you can keep glitching into it until you get bored. There's like 12-15 chests in there and you're usually bound to find at least one thing worth keeping.

edit: playing with other people to increase drop rates doesn't really work as advertised either.

Yeah, this is what I feared. The farming and begging options don't really strike me as that fun, especially since I have a LVL 50 dude, and there's nothing much else for me to do other than battle Terramorphous and maybe do the one or two side quests I missed in my first playthrough. Maybe I'll just start a new character, but even that doesn't seem that appealing considering the amount of time I put into getting Zero to 50.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Go here: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes and enter all the SHIFT-codes for a lot of Golden Keys. Go open the loot chest in sanctuary whenever you need a pick me up. Also, whenever you come across a boss that isn't too hard to defeat and drops a decent amount of loot, turn in the quest and go back and farm it for a while for XP and upgraded gear.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah, this is what I feared. The farming and begging options don't really strike me as that fun, especially since I have a LVL 50 dude, and there's nothing much else for me to do other than battle Terramorphous and maybe do the one or two side quests I missed in my first playthrough. Maybe I'll just start a new character, but even that doesn't seem that appealing considering the amount of time I put into getting Zero to 50.

Hold out for the new DLC Vault Hunter :getin:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Jake Blues posted:

Hold out for the new DLC Vault Hunter :getin:

Yea I've found that I have way more fun leveling each Vault Hunter to 50 than I have playing past 50 for farmed legendaries. I wonder how many people there are that have a level 50 of every character, it can't be all that common. I'm not there yet though, I have to play a Siren, Gunzerker, and then whatever the new one is.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah honestly after hitting 50 I'm going through and finishing PT 2.5, having fun trying to get more legendaries, becoming more overpowered and trying solo all the bosses (because I am a hermit). And I will enjoy new content-based DLC (not paying for characters) and level cap increases. But it's such a time sink I literally cannot see myself playing over the whole game again and again after I've already done it 3 times with one character. I think the game is 'done' for me at that point.

Actually I don't know if I'm looking forward to the level cap increase. To me that just means all the awesome guns I spent a lot of time getting are going to be worthless soon.

Edit: I guess after enough time goes by and they do another season of DLC it would be fun to try more characters, I've literally never played anyone but zero.

Infinotize fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 13, 2013

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Basebf555 posted:

Yea I've found that I have way more fun leveling each Vault Hunter to 50 than I have playing past 50 for farmed legendaries. I wonder how many people there are that have a level 50 of every character, it can't be all that common. I'm not there yet though, I have to play a Siren, Gunzerker, and then whatever the new one is.

I only had a level 30+ Commando left before I burned out on playing. I'll come back when the new guy comes out.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

Hot drat, thanks man! Two Fer Maggie, Deliverance, Cobra and all that other stuff! I gotta make a mule now!

Deliverance is the best gun. Best gun.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 14, 2013

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone around on 360 right now wanna help me kill Leviathan? GT: Flexible Ethics

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Okay, I'm going to get on for a couple hours and farm BNK-3R because I can't get the unreality head to drop. More than 60 kills and still no head. It's honestly a little boring since I use the Bee and the Conference call and can sometimes down him in less than a minute, but most of the time there is a good purple or two.

Send me an invite and I'll join your game. Xbox user name is Lydi Rae. Up for killing things like Leviathan or Verminiverous or Terramorphous but not interested in freaking lovely seraph guardians.

I don't use a headset. You can try telling me what to do but all I can guarantee is that I won't grab for all the loot. I have to play this game almost on mute because I'm hiding from some germans in an attic.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Basebf555 posted:

This was me on the first game for sure. But this one is just different to me and I've spent way more time paying it than other other game I've gotten recently. I still have XCOM and Dishonored waiting to be played from Christmas but I keep coming back to BL2.

There's just something about getting a character to 50 and then trying out all kinds of different builds and guns to make your character play the absolute best way for you that I find endlessly fascinating. I have a huge stash of oranges now from generous dupers and legit drops and I don't think I'll be satisified until I have used all of them. I don't have all level 50 characters yet but I'm working on it, I only have the Siren and Commando left to go, and I will probably make it with both of them before I get totally bored of this game. Going to have to get that new vault hunter as well!

I have to admit though, the first 2 hours of this game has gotten excruciatingly boring to me now that I've played it almost 10 times. Once you get to Sanctuary though the game has yet to get completely old to me. Also the dialogue does start to lose its charm around the 3rd time you have to listen to Jack talk about Butt Stallion ;)

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Seneschal posted:

Okay, I'm going to get on for a couple hours and farm BNK-3R because I can't get the unreality head to drop. More than 60 kills and still no head. It's honestly a little boring since I use the Bee and the Conference call and can sometimes down him in less than a minute, but most of the time there is a good purple or two.

Send me an invite and I'll join your game. Xbox user name is Lydi Rae. Up for killing things like Leviathan or Verminiverous or Terramorphous but not interested in freaking lovely seraph guardians.

I don't use a headset. You can try telling me what to do but all I can guarantee is that I won't grab for all the loot. I have to play this game almost on mute because I'm hiding from some germans in an attic.

I have that head too. Or did I already dupe it for you? I don't remember. So much duping. And killing. And levels. My gunzerker ended up at 40 last night(thanks Mechwarrior!). Only 10 more til rocketopalypse.

I'd definitely like to spawn a Vermi... I've got most of his drops yet I've never gotten him to spawn for me.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

delpheye posted:

I have that head too. Or did I already dupe it for you? I don't remember. So much duping. And killing. And levels. My gunzerker ended up at 40 last night(thanks Mechwarrior!). Only 10 more til rocketopalypse.

I'd definitely like to spawn a Vermi... I've got most of his drops yet I've never gotten him to spawn for me.

I'm down to kill any of the big bosses, or the Seraph guardians. The only one I've seen is the big thresher you fight during the quest from Tannis.

Also, I'd love any heads or skins that anyone has available to dupe. The different looks are one of my favorite parts of the game.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I have heads. gt: arkitekt4k

What I need is someone to let me dupe 3 sets of them. one for that person, one for me so I can unlock all of the heads I carry around and haven't used, and another get them all on one character so I can dupe them easily in the future.

Does anyone have the whiteout assassin skin?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Wish I could have stuck around longer, but Mechwarrior (whose friendslist is full) got me to 41 and now I gotta go find more loot. You gave me the knight's helmet for Axton and a bunch of other hilarious guns I haven't even sorted through.

And I got my headset working, which is probably what woke my kid up, but oh well. Sucks being west coast, because east coast players need sleep. I'm also startled at how easy the wildlife exploitation annex was. Maybe Verminiverous tonight. Getting him to spawn is the hard part, but I like using the Tundra Express Farmhouse as a spawn point.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
An event is being held this weekend. New Skins and a Free Weapon. Also looks like Increased Drop Rates for Shields.
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1014/borderlands-2-luck-of-the-zafords-weekend

Copy/pasted from Source :

Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan take a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK
PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J
Better act fast, though! The above codes and bonuses will only be active from Thursday, March 14 at 12:00PM CT through Sunday, March 17 at 11:55PM CT

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Seneschal posted:

Wish I could have stuck around longer, but Mechwarrior (whose friendslist is full) got me to 41 and now I gotta go find more loot. You gave me the knight's helmet for Axton and a bunch of other hilarious guns I haven't even sorted through.

And I got my headset working, which is probably what woke my kid up, but oh well. Sucks being west coast, because east coast players need sleep. I'm also startled at how easy the wildlife exploitation annex was. Maybe Verminiverous tonight. Getting him to spawn is the hard part, but I like using the Tundra Express Farmhouse as a spawn point.

Yeah, all my 30 legendaries are obsolete now. I have the unreality for you though. I mentioned that I had it but I think it got lost in the chatter and didn't wanna be all "HAY GUYS I GOTZ A THING" since I was already up wendigo's rear end to dupe poo poo while he was trying to go to sleep. The Wildlife biz is a lot more fun in playthrough 2, and apparently a good place to get vermi to spawn. I don't have a meeting first thing in the morning tomorrow so I'll be up later tonight. I'd like to see how my very fragile rocketsiren does in something like WEA or Fink's Slaughterhouse.

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine
I've been lurking this thread since day one, and am a huge fan of both Borderlands games, but haven't really posted much about them or played with goons. That needs to change. I'm working on my second character, a commando, and am at level 44 just before the W.E.P., and am slowing down in my enthusiasm to finish up. I want to be level 50 and do the raid bosses and all that good stuff. Is anyone willing to help me by coming into my game and knocking out the rest of the story missions? I'm saving the sidequests until I am level 50 so that they all scale up. I'd like someone, overleveled is fine, to just help me finish TVHM and get to level 50. Any cool orange duping or whatever would be sweet, I have almost 0 myself. My gamertag is Drangiz, and I do have a headset. Thanks.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
PAX East is going to be one hell of an interesting time for Borderlands 2 and the state of things to come.

http://youtu.be/D1xrPX2nZAs

:siren:Things to be revealed include a new playable character and information regarding a level cap increase.:siren:

I'll update the OP following the news with all relevant information, but until then I'm going to watch that trailer another six times and let my imagination run wild.

Also a quick reminder that if anyone wants anything added to the OP then shout at me via PM; I've been updating it here and there as I read the thread (even though my posting has been somewhat dry) but there's always going to be things missing.

iTrust fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 14, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

themachine posted:

I've been lurking this thread since day one, and am a huge fan of both Borderlands games, but haven't really posted much about them or played with goons. That needs to change. I'm working on my second character, a commando, and am at level 44 just before the W.E.P., and am slowing down in my enthusiasm to finish up. I want to be level 50 and do the raid bosses and all that good stuff. Is anyone willing to help me by coming into my game and knocking out the rest of the story missions? I'm saving the sidequests until I am level 50 so that they all scale up. I'd like someone, overleveled is fine, to just help me finish TVHM and get to level 50. Any cool orange duping or whatever would be sweet, I have almost 0 myself. My gamertag is Drangiz, and I do have a headset. Thanks.

I'll be around in the evenings this weekend to help.

iTrust posted:

I'll update the OP following the news with all relevant information, but until then I'm going to watch that trailer another six times and let my imagination run wild.

I must be missing the joy in a melee build because a melee-centric character sounds like the most boring thing ever to me. Unless he does that 360 degree thing Zangief does and spins around like a top with his arms out knocking enemies over. Or if he spins around with guns in his hands, knocking things over AND shooting wildly outward. Then I take back everything I just said.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 14, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

delpheye posted:

I must be missing the joy in a melee build because a melee-centric character sounds like the most boring thing ever to me. Unless he does that 360 degree thing Zangief does and spins around like a top with his arms out knocking enemies over. Or if he spins around with guns in his hands, knocking things over AND shooting wildly outward. Then I take back everything I just said.

I want it to be a huge guy that can pick up enemies and throw them at other enemies!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

all of this!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Just signed on, playing my 38 TVHM Commando. I've got a low 40's Siren, and a 50 Mechromancer, too. I'm off tomorrow and have nothing to do tonight except play video games, watch movies, and drink. Let's go! 360 GT: Flexible Ethics.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

delpheye posted:

The Wildlife biz is a lot more fun in playthrough 2, and apparently a good place to get vermi to spawn. I don't have a meeting first thing in the morning tomorrow so I'll be up later tonight. I'd like to see how my very fragile rocketsiren does in something like WEA or Fink's Slaughterhouse.

If this is a thing, then I'm totally down for it tonight.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

If this is a thing, then I'm totally down for it tonight.

I'll be on later tonight, probably late but I'm there. Pew pew pew, etc.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I took out the Leviathan last night with my buddy doing couch co-op and he was honestly not as much of a challenge as I thought. I'm excited to jump into other DLC maps now, so what is the most recommended after Captain Scarlett?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Torgue is great.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Jake Blues posted:

I took out the Leviathan last night with my buddy doing couch co-op and he was honestly not as much of a challenge as I thought. I'm excited to jump into other DLC maps now, so what is the most recommended after Captain Scarlett?

Well... DO YOU LIKE EXPLOSIONS!???

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The Torgue DLC is easily the best of the 3 released so far.

Also these green skins are really cool. I love the facepaint that comes with them. And I never had a Culainn before. I gave it to my Mechro and respec'd her to the shock tree and it's perfect synergy with the Culainn. Shock AND slag? Yes please!

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
My bags (and bank) are still full of legendaries (plus a few purples) from the other day. Would happily swap them for other stuff. Can e-mail a list. 360 GT: Tony Val

diablos666 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 15, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
From twitter, 1 golden key each.

Pi day code 1:

PS3 - CJWBT-HH9CT-CKWWB-STC3T-96Z6H.
X360 - 535JB-959RX-T39JX-CX3TB-9XC3H

Pi Day code 2:

PS3 - K3C3J-6ZHC3-W5CKT-STW3T-JSKWH
X360 - CJC3J-659X6-3T9TX-WRJTB-BWK9J

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

From Gearbox's website, St. Patrick's Day codes!

Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK
PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wish they'd give you that shotgun revolver legendary that what's his name drops. If anyone has one of those at level 50 to dupe then let me know, GT is Pictorial Gnome.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I just looked at my guns list and I'm down to 4 legendary guns remaining and two of them I can buy from the Torgue vendors(KerBlaster and a Nukem). I still have a huge swath of Uniques to go through but most of those are quest rewards.

thebardyspoon posted:

Wish they'd give you that shotgun revolver legendary that what's his name drops. If anyone has one of those at level 50 to dupe then let me know, GT is Pictorial Gnome.

Are you thinking of the Maggie?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

What are the other 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Are you thinking of the Maggie?

Yes. Probably should have looked that up if I was requesting it shouldn't I?

• Locked thread