Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Ah sorry, I meant to say mushrooms and raspberries.

The middle east.

Actually come to think of it, I had bought fresh mushrooms in Singapore.

Just raspberries then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Steakandchips posted:

Ah sorry, I meant to say mushrooms and raspberries.

The middle east.

Actually come to think of it, I had bought fresh mushrooms in Singapore.

Just raspberries then.

Look, get your story straight. I don't know what to believe anymore!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Vegetable Melange posted:

Oh hell yes I just quit my job and a weight would be lifted off my shoulders if i could still feel them. Taking a van home with 3L of Averna, lets see how this ends (it will be not my problem until Tuesday).

Oh man what's next after that Averna?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I am coding... I have missed it!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I'm trying to produce a film. Read about it here if you're interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3537905&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Stomach flu = nothing but soup forever. Easiest thing to make, so I can spend the days performing the technicolor yawn and wishing for death. Also tasty.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I like soup even when I'm not sick. :shobon:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I have to go to Dallas next week. Anything worth going to?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

A ton of BBQ and texmex. The woman has been out there for like 2 weeks now, if you would like I can get her to send me a list of the places she has been to. Last time I was there I was all hot and bothered for The Baby-Back Shack.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Drink and Fight posted:

That's where I lived most of my life. There's tons of great food there. What area are you going to be in, and what's your price range?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Doom Rooster posted:

That's where I lived most of my life. There's tons of great food there. What area are you going to be in, and what's your price range?

Primarily near the airport, but I'll have a car. Caveat is I hate sweet sticky BBQ.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Drink and Fight posted:

Primarily near the airport, but I'll have a car. Caveat is I hate sweet sticky BBQ.

I haven't eaten there much but you are in luck. Texas barbecue is primarily "dry" (not sauced -or at least not overly-sauced). It's delicious smoked briskets, sausages, dry-rubbed steaks. It's only when you get near Lousiana that it starts to change to the sweet tomato sauce styles.

I love all the styles, but I think it's my favorite. The higher heat makes more crust and the meat flavor shines through when it's done properly and lightly sauced with something subtle.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Drink and Fight posted:

Well that's way different than going to the dominican republic or wherever it was you thought before.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mediaphage posted:

Well that's way different than going to the dominican republic or wherever it was you thought before.

But man, it's loving Texas.

Edit for clarity: I loving hate Texas, apart from Austin

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Very Strange Things posted:

I haven't eaten there much but you are in luck. Texas barbecue is primarily "dry" (not sauced -or at least not overly-sauced). It's delicious smoked briskets, sausages, dry-rubbed steaks. It's only when you get near Lousiana that it starts to change to the sweet tomato sauce styles.

I love all the styles, but I think it's my favorite. The higher heat makes more crust and the meat flavor shines through when it's done properly and lightly sauced with something subtle.

This is all true and it is my favorite style as well. I am going out there to visit here next month and will eat myself silly.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
If you are around on Friday there is a place about 2 miles from the airport that has all you can eat BBQ. It's called North main BBQ and is in Euless. They are pretty good, and the sauce is more vinegary than sweet, and is on the side anyways.

I think we have too many chains in this area and not enough good individually owned places. If you make your way into Dallas or Fort Worth proper than there are a lot more places that are pretty great. Also it's about 10 miles from the airport but Chef Point Cafe in Watauga is pretty awesome. It's been on a few tv shows and you get way better food than a gas station has any right to serve.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

mediaphage posted:

Yeah St Croix got cancelled. That would have been awesome.

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch
The other day at work, I discovered how to make Jello Puddin' Pops from scratch with just my simple ice cream recipes. This is after I made Snickers Bars. And after I made some dope rear end Bourbon Pralines.

This on top of the news that my boss wants to open a bakery with me at the helm.

I am slowly turning into Willy Wonka.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Neonen from the Comic Strip megathread sent me some birthday presents.

Moomin tea!

And a Fingerpori mug!

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Kenning posted:

Oh man what's next after that Averna?

The answer, apparently, was "two days of binge drinking with people intermittently offering me jobs and then taking a waitress home with me" aka victory.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Well done then.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Vegetable Melange posted:

The answer, apparently, was "two days of binge drinking with people intermittently offering me jobs and then taking a waitress home with me" aka victory.

So you had threesomes with waitresses and prospective employees? Pretty sweet, but potentially awkward.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
I don't totally remember but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it went because one of the people offering is smoking hot when she isn't talking about her youngest daughter starting at college. Life's about ends. Stack them and tap them.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I honestly don't know of a lot of good BBQ places in Dallas. We always made the trip down to BBQ Mecca (the Austin area)

You are definitely going to need to get away from the Airport (assuming DFW, not Love field). A couple of places definitely worth the trip:

Empamundo - A hole in the wall place that does pretty much nothing other than amazing, cheap empanadas.

Houston's - Upscale American bistro. Small menu, but everything is awesome. Get there before 6:30, or after 9:00, or you are looking at a 90+ minute wait. That wait is there for a reason. Probably my favorite restaurant in Dallas.(If you get nothing else, get either the grilled artichokes, or the smoked salmon)

Kenny's Woodfire Grill - Another Upscale American Bistro, actually very close to Houston's, and very much in the same style, just not quite as amazing. Still a great place, and it's where I go if Houston's wait is longer than I am cool with.

The Grape - Another upscale Bistro! Also amazing.

Snuffer's - Small, downscale bar and grill chain. Amazing burgers, and the best cheese fries in the world, bar none. More cheese than fry.

Amici- Little Italian place that is somehow able to pull off upscale and casual at the same time. I have no idea how to explain it. But it is good.

Babe's Chicken - Family style southern food. Great chicken and chicken fried steak. Good rolls, and they serve sorghum with it. Pig out here.

Nuevo Leon - Self-proclaimed "Mex-Mex" place. Family run in Farmer's Branch. Really solid Mexican food.

Now I want to go back to Dallas....

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Manuel Calavera posted:

And a Fingerpori mug!

Is there actually an `official' Fingerpori man train mug?

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

:3: Aw man, I'm jealous as hell of your moomin tea.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SubG posted:

Is there actually an `official' Fingerpori man train mug?

Apparently! It has Heimo and the Fingerpori logo on the inside and everything. You or I would have to ask Neonen. And yes, it is adorable tea :3:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Wife asked me if I could make some veggie burgers. Obviously. So I throw together cooked lentils and black beans in the kitchenaid, add some onion, garlic, shredded carrot, soy sauce, pepper, black truffle oil, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, cornmeal, and dijon. Hot drat are these things delicious!

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 13, 2013

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Hey guys,
Your marriage debate about wether same sex marriages should be allowed is spilling over onto my facebooks - are there anyone who has a breakdown of the arguments in the case, or is really all boiling down to 'if you're gay, people will marry dogs'?

Jesus Christ you guys...

(I had a long rant here - I decided not to - suffice it to say that I am dissapointed).

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Happy Hat posted:

Hey guys,
Your marriage debate about wether same sex marriages should be allowed is spilling over onto my facebooks - are there anyone who has a breakdown of the arguments in the case, or is really all boiling down to 'if you're gay, people will marry dogs'?

Jesus Christ you guys...

(I had a long rant here - I decided not to - suffice it to say that I am dissapointed).

You seem to have the counterargument largely surrounded. And yes, I too am disappointed. And I too am suppressing a rant. We have so much in common! Let's get married.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Hey guys,

Jesus Christ you guys...

This guy gives FIFTY examples. I don't think any of them are about dogs, but I can honestly only listen to one or two of them at a time before having to bandage up my hand and hook up a new monitor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3he6_wxBA

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Just ignore it and rock on.
I prescribe INXS, "The Loved One":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJwVltn8ioc

Of course if you were fancy and 1981 wasn't good enough, about a decade later "Never Tear Us Apart" was released.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 13, 2013

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
There's no coherent argument against equality. Doesn't stop people though

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

That's why most of them eventually resort to "god doesn't like it". There isn't even a particularly strong condemnation of it in the bible, they always seem to quote that one passage from Levicticus.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

That's why most of them eventually resort to "god doesn't like it". There isn't even a particularly strong condemnation of it in the bible, they always seem to quote that one passage from Levicticus.

Although most are Christians and don't follow the Old Testament.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

It bothers me, as a Christian, that people feel the need to legislate private morality. Bible never says to go into the world and transform the laws of the land to fit your own personal morality. My standard response to the homophobe christians is basically that.

They also quote 1 Cor 6 a lot, but they like to single out the part about homosexuals and fail to notice that heterosexual immorality is mentioned in the same passage, twice, as well as a ton of other sins, basically summing up to Rom 3:23. tl;dr calling something a "sin" doesn't justify legislation against it, since if we legislated against all sins, we'd all be in jail. Then they're left with justifying legislation by somehow proving that the particular sin they are after is a burden to society, which they cannot prove without :tinfoil:.

unrelated: glad to be back, a month is a lot longer than it seems :aaaaa:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

GrAviTy84 posted:

TFR justice is harsh and with LW's anti interventionist policy he has to fill his quota somehow.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GrAviTy84 posted:

I was probated for 3 days because I made fun of people in the SimCity thread. I didn't know what to do with myself for three days. I could only imagine a month. :ohdear:

I just bought Ratio and The Flavor Bible. Can I make good food like you people now?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bunnielab posted:

TFR justice is harsh and with LW's anti interventionist policy he has to fill his quota somehow.

What did he get probated for?

Doh004 posted:

I just bought Ratio and The Flavor Bible. Can I make good food like you people now?
It'll take more than yer fancy book learning afore you can cook as good as me, sonny.

therattle fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

therattle posted:

What did he get probated for?

Correcting someone's claim that salt and sugar are spices.