Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
also your late 20s sister acts like a 40-year-old shutin catlady you should probably tell her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Proteus4994 posted:

also your late 20s sister acts like a 40-year-old shutin catlady you should probably tell her 2 text me

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

my wife contributed money to the veronica mars movie kickstarter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9J7XE-ctMU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
isn't veronica mars that childrens cartoon with the redhead who is a spy or something? why are adults contributing to this

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Pebble update: shipped mine off for rma, lets see how long until I get another broke pos

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

i seriously considered dropping money on this one because i can't front, i liked the show a lot more than i expected to before the first time i watched it, and i'll definitely watch the movie if it ever gets made

lucky for me i don't have to bother investing because they met their $2M goal in less than 24 hours. daaaamn

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
they're gonna be hosed when the studio comes to collect. has this even been done yet? i bet they're just gonna sue them for the money they made pimping their own intellectual property.

maybe they signed some kind of contract but i doubt it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

chumpchous posted:

isn't veronica mars that childrens cartoon with the redhead who is a spy or something? why are adults contributing to this
that's kim possible you dolt.

veronica MARS: :smug:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 14, 2013

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
veronica mars was like beverly hills 90210 if dashiell hammett wrote it

much to my surprise that turned out to be a good thing

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

that's kim possible you dolt.

trap sprung etc. etc.

yeah I presume mine did too :negative:

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
i liked veronica mars, and party down owned, so i chipped in some for the movie.

chumpchous posted:

they're gonna be hosed when the studio comes to collect. has this even been done yet? i bet they're just gonna sue them for the money they made pimping their own intellectual property.

maybe they signed some kind of contract but i doubt it
nah wb will take the money and run

quote:

Q: Where is my money going?

A: All funds will go into a Veronica Mars Movie Project production account which has been set up by Warner Bros. on our behalf.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

yeah I presume mine did too :negative:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

A: All funds will go into a Veronica Mars Movie Project production account which has been set up by Warner Bros. on our behalf.

so people are throwing money into a hole

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
veronica mars chat still going a day later? cool, i watched two episodes once and i remember nothering about it

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

peepsalot posted:

that actress should do a movie about teh cardiganes cuz they look same

horry poo poo. piiissssssssssss

oh no that's the cranberries. gently caress

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Al! posted:

well its hollywood accounting so they can declare they made a loss on production and get a tax credit if the movie actually makes it to release, so i'd expect them to actually make it and do a limited release.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

horry poo poo. piiissssssssssss

oh no that's the cranberries. gently caress

its also not pisssss, goddamnit

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
look ill defend "all of this women" and other proper meme phrasings but dude clearly said 'piss'

whether that was his intention is up for some debate

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

lmao are these people loving high

Let's give money to that bastion of fiduciary integrity that is the MPAA's membership

for free

while we're at it let's pitch in to buy Jamie Dimon a new yacht because we love that dreamy Randian job creating ubermensch :allears:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Install Gentoo posted:

well its hollywood accounting so they can declare they made a loss on production and get a tax credit if the movie actually makes it to release, so i'd expect them to actually make it and do a limited release.

2 million isn't enough to cater a drat movie these days

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JawnV6 posted:

look ill defend "all of this women" and other proper meme phrasings but dude clearly said 'piss'

this argument is the yospos version of plane on a conveyer belt

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

JawnV6 posted:

i don't know what's being referenced here.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584821767/civitas-plan-develop-and-manage-the-city-of-your-d

"Civitas by Brandon Smith"

ok ea pissing in simcity's mouth kinda blows. alright well let's see if these guys at least know what they're doing

quote:

4. Who are you guys? And what makes you think you can make video games?

Wow, we honestly never expected to be hit with this one so much, but hey its a fair question with money involved. We will be answering all of your questions over at our forums. Feel free to come meet us, find out our credentials, ask us all of your technical questions. Feel free to run us through the wringer. I will start a thread immediately for you to ask all you want about us :)

um ok that doesn't really answer the question but sure

*goes to forum*

quote:

Brandon Smith:

About me:

I graduated in from Full Sail in Orlando Fl in 1999 with a degree in computer animation. After graduating I spent some time working on childrens television shows as a high poly modeler. Then after working a few cancelled console titles, I finally landed at Greylan studios in 2009. Where I lead a growing team building mobile games for IOS and Android. We have shipped several games, and are currently in production on 2 others. I should probably be worried about losing my job with them if word gets out on this kickstarter, but at this point we see a real shot on this game being funded, so I am willing to risk it for the shot to finish what we have started with Civitas.

"what are your qualifications" "we're not ea"

this guy is going places

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol full sail

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

set full sail for dick

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

I should probably be worried about losing my job with them if word gets out on this kickstarter, but at this point we see a real shot on this game being funded, so I am willing to risk it for the shot to finish what we have started with Civitas.
yes, somebody with this little foresight will surely be able to pull off a simcity killer

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Al! posted:

2 million isn't enough to cater a drat movie these days

yeah but thats not material. if the studio blows a few extra million making the movie they can write off all kinds of stuff and come out ahead because haollywood.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

maniacdevnull posted:

set full sail for dick

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
i'm the person who gave money to warner bros because god knows they need it and the veronica mars certainly wasn't warner bros saying "hey let's gauge interest in a veronica mars movie and take money from retards at the same time!"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proteus4994 posted:

i'm the person who gave money to warner bros because god knows they need it and the veronica mars certainly wasn't warner bros saying "hey let's gauge interest in a veronica mars movie and take money from retards at the same time!"

none of its been given yet mind, just had a bunch of idiots say they'll give money in like a month.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Heresiarch posted:

i want relaypunk, where everything is based around electrical relays, hero has a gun with a rotary phone dial on it

make this happen pls

there was a neat article about prison gate controllers. evidently they're custom built and they try to make them 100% relay driven so that if poo poo goes south, joe electrician can just roll up and swap out standard din rail relays till the gates start working again.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Mr Dog posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584821767/civitas-plan-develop-and-manage-the-city-of-your-d

"Civitas by Brandon Smith"

ok ea pissing in simcity's mouth kinda blows. alright well let's see if these guys at least know what they're doing

um ok that doesn't really answer the question but sure

*goes to forum*

"what are your qualifications" "we're not ea"

this guy is going places

So this guy has never shipped a title on his own, doesn't run a studio and has put out 3DS renders representing a game.

Sounds legit

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Jamsta posted:

So this guy has never shipped a title on his own, doesn't run a studio and has put out 3DS renders representing a game.

Sounds like a kickstarter project

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
raaargh down with SOPA!!!

*literally donates a huge pile of cash to Time Warner Entertainment Corporation*

smdh

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

does it even have martians?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I don't loving know I didn't watch it, what's there to know anyway. It's Blonde Girl Does A Thing: The Movie and a bunch of angry nerds topped up some WB execs' coke and hookers fund by an entire two days' worth for literally no obligations from WB in exchange

won't somebody please think of the executives? I think we can all agree they're the real victims in this economy.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
literally pirate everything made by a publicly traded corporation as much as possible without getting caught

burn this poo poo to the ground

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

all media should be free, but it should cost $10 to post your opinion of it online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sweevo posted:

all media should be free, but it should cost $10 to post your opinion of it online
yeah but that would include the :10bux: that people spend to post here so how is the problem solved?

• Locked thread