Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

In the second picture he looks like a skinny Kevin Steen. Like skinnier than Steen has ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

In the second picture he looks like a skinny Kevin Steen. Like skinnier than Steen has ever been.

Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same. "Do all French-Canadian people just look the same?"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

NXT only seems noncanon a lot of the time because they tape a month of episodes at one time and they naturally get behind a weekly TV show.

Are they not still taping episodes with Big E as a face? I think they (largely rightly) assume that no one watches NXT.

Thauros posted:

it's not crazy to read significance into the fact that for his first NXT match they unmasked him and put him into WWE style trunks with his color scheme.

It kind of is, though. They're red and black shorts. What are WWE-style trunks?

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 8, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

"Hehehe. Tremendous."

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are they not still taping episodes with Big E as a face? I think they (largely rightly) assume that no one watches NXT.

Crowd still loves the 5 count. I just think it's weird that no one yells 5 when he comes out during taped shows, and that he's dropped a pretty charismatic chant completely in favor of grabbing microphones and cutting promos - which he never did at NXT.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

I said that awkwardly, but what I meant is that for his first match he's already switched from the long tights he always wore on the indies to short trunks like the WWE prefers. I know that short trunks are by no means exclusively used by WWE guys, but unlike other feds the WWE dislikes it when most guys wear anything else.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Thauros posted:

I said that awkwardly, but what I meant is that for his first match he's already switched from the long tights he always wore on the indies to short trunks like the WWE prefers. I know that short trunks are by no means exclusively used by WWE guys, but unlike other feds the WWE dislikes it when most guys wear anything else.

Which is a shame, because Generico is like Jericho. Clearly just not built for trunks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

I'm just saying it's odd to insinuate that putting him in trunks means anything at all. For all we know, they want him to look completely different from how he'll look when he's called up, so his eventual debut is more of a surprise.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm just saying it's odd to insinuate that putting him in trunks means anything at all. For all we know, they want him to look completely different from how he'll look when he's called up, so his eventual debut is more of a surprise.

Vince loves legs. I believe that's why miz changed to the briefs. Cause Vince thought he had great legs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Vince loves legs. I believe that's why miz changed to the briefs. Cause Vince thought he had great legs.

That still doesn't mean anything though, even if it's substantiated (which it isn't). Drew MacIntyre and Jinder Mahal changed from trunks to leather pants. It doesn't really mean anything.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

That still doesn't mean anything though, even if it's substantiated (which it isn't). Drew MacIntyre and Jinder Mahal changed from trunks to leather pants. It doesn't really mean anything.

They don't really have that nice of legs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am a man-leg connoisseur and let me tell you, buddy, Generico's legs are no Jinder's legs. I have peer-reviewed studies backing this up.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
The leather pants that Mahal and Drew change to are a large part of the gimmick though.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Just got back from a NXT live show, their first in Georgia. Was very fun despite low turnout. Mason Ryan got the biggest pop, and looks even more swole in person. Judas Devin got go away heat and didn't win anyone over with his match.

Rami teamed up with Kassius against the Wyatt Family in the match of the night. Rami was wearing some Christian style velour pants and took the pin. Luke Harper was awesome in the match.

http://imgur.com/a/ydXIo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

looks like he borrowed those pants from jake the snake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSe_unDy7U
this was posted by someone on tumblr

thehappyprince fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 9, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

thehappyprince posted:

Man, it's so weird seeing the mannerisms without the mask.

If it's any consolation, the super generic shorts and pants suggest that his ring gear is still in the works.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I bet WWE have a big lost and found bin of generic ring gear.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Without a mask he just looks like a harrier Player Dos.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

thehappyprince posted:

drat and its gone, can someone give me a recap of what was on the video?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

achillesforever6 posted:

drat and its gone, can someone give me a recap of what was on the video?
Chris Hero & (Unmasked) Generico vs the Wyatt Family. Generico gets the babyface beatdown, he doesn't get a lot of offense in.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

March 9, 2013

AJ vs. Natalya
DB vs. WB

Loved that DB promo.

March 7, 2013

Rhodes Scholars vs. Usos
Tamina vs. Layla (29 mins in)

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Rhodes Scholars vs. Usos

So are they just completely abandoning the whole "Break-up"? :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think they're pulling a reverse-Fandango, if I can coin a phrase.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Grilox posted:

So are they just completely abandoning the whole "Break-up"? :v:

They've had at least three "reunions" already. This one's in preparation for the next one tonight against the NAO.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

March 13, 2013

Bateman vs. Ohno
Bo Dallas interview
Summer Raw vs. Emma
Adrian Neville interview
Big E interview
Bray Wyatt vs. Bo Dallas
Justin Gabriel interview
ADR promo
Cesaro vs. Big E

March 13, 2013

Show vs. ADR
Usos vs. 3MB, Raw stuff
Barrett vs. Gabriel, more Raw stuff

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 16, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Forgive the triple post, but NXT is up now and worth a look. Here are my thoughts:

Good to see Ohno back and the storyline with Regal continuing, but that finisher was super lame. Emma has the best entrance in the business and I hope she's given a fair shake in the divas division. Maybe they could pair her with Fandango at some point? As for Summer Rae, she's still terrible and may be the least attractive "hot blonde" I've ever seen. Love PAC's accent. Big E is indeed delicious. Bo Dallas needs to get off my TV ASAP. Looks like ADR used the travel belt on NXT, or perhaps the lighting wasn't too kind to it. Main event was the best I've seen Big E look in the ring, but I'm pretty sure Cesaro could carry a potato sack to at least a watchable match. And speaking of carrying, that deadlift throw...:drat:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What the gently caress was that interview with Bo Dallas :psyduck:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Emma's "she's off in her own little world/kind of bad/maybe on drugs?" gimmick is pretty entertaining. And really Summer Rae's good at her gimmick and out of others with the same sort of one (i.e. Michelle McCool or Maryse) I think she pulls it off the best. She should just be a manager or valet for right now; I don't think she looks completely hopeless in the ring but she should still be training and MAYBE working house shows and not be on TV.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

achillesforever6 posted:

What the gently caress was that interview with Bo Dallas :psyduck:

Add "intense interviews" to the long list of things Bo Dallas doesn't do well.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I remember when WWE was panicking about Kelly Kelly's departure, and wondering what all the fuss was about, because they could have literally just taken Summer Rae and put her right in KK's slot. It would have made zero difference in terms of any storylines or anything, because she's basically a less-squinty version of KK, and it's not like WWE currently gives a poo poo about women's wrestling beyond occasionally remembering to push someone now and then.

The fact that WWE was offering KK ludicrous sums of money to return when they had her drat-near-identical replacement right there in NXT still boggles my mind.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

How has it taken me so long to realise that Emma has been given the dancing lance storm gimmick?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I don't really think it's the same gimmick. Storm's was more "They say I'm boring but really I'm fun" whereas Emma's is more about her being really goddamn weird or on drugs or something that just has her as being generally out of it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Suben posted:

I don't really think it's the same gimmick. Storm's was more "They say I'm boring but really I'm fun" whereas Emma's is more about her being really goddamn weird or on drugs or something that just has her as being generally out of it.

I almost spit out my tea when she tried to do the rope-assisted flip into the ring.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Add "intense interviews" to the long list of things Bo Dallas doesn't do well.

Are the page numbers for that list in triple digits yet?

Also Emma's gimmick owns, and she's getting super over with the NXT crowd, every week there seem to be more people dancing along.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I almost spit out my tea when she tried to do the rope-assisted flip into the ring.

That loving dance is going to get her over and already looks like it's starting to.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bo Dallas is terrible at everything. Bray Wyatt on the other hand, is awesome at everything. Yet Bo Dallas gets the Rumble appearance. WWE in a nutshell.

I really hope that if Bray Wyatt gets called back up, he gets to maintain everything about his gimmick. The entrance, the cult leader persona, the subtle things like singing "Time is On My Side" when he has someone in a rest hold, everything. I just really hope they never refer to him on-air as Husky Harris, and I also highly doubt he'll be bringing The Family with him, especially since if Rowan gets called up they'll probably just give him a Viking gimmick.

[edit]\/\/\/Fair enough.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 15, 2013

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

sticklefifer posted:

if Rowan gets called up they'll probably just give him a Viking gimmick.

Give him BACK a Viking gimmick, you mean.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I dig Paige, but I just started getting this MsChif light vibe out of her for some reason.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

BlueArmyMan posted:

I dig Paige, but I just started getting this MsChif light vibe out of her for some reason.

She needs to find her legs on the mic, but then holy crap is she going to be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

MJBuddy posted:

She needs to find her legs on the mic, but then holy crap is she going to be over.

She's got a hell of a future. She's only 20 and already taking the world by storm.

I'm watching NXT now and I love Bray singing like he did long ago. It's just so unnerving.

• Locked thread