Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Aside from Jim Carrey putting on his best Sly Stallone accent, that trailer makes the movie look like it's gonna be p terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FigurativelyHitler posted:

The "censored" version is actually worse, since we're treated to the Joker dying by electrocution to the horrifying sound of Mark Hamill's screaming in his Joker voice. Cartoon censors must be born with their head up their rear end.
Wasn't it one of those situations where they gave the censors the original scene so they could get this scene in, I for one think the censored version is better.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kick rear end 2 looks like it's sticking WAY too close to the comics. I was hoping they'd drop poo poo like "The Motherfucker" along with the gang rape of Kick rear end' girlfriend and his father's death. But looking at the trailer there are a bunch of scenes from those sequences in there, so unless they're changing the specifics while keeping the framework it looks like we might finally get a Mark Millar rear end Mark Millar movie. And this is not a good thing as without an editor he writes like a hyperactive 14 year old trying to be "edgy."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheJoker138 posted:

Kick rear end 2 looks like it's sticking WAY too close to the comics. I was hoping they'd drop poo poo like "The Motherfucker" along with the gang rape of Kick rear end' girlfriend and his father's death. But looking at the trailer there are a bunch of scenes from those sequences in there, so unless they're changing the specifics while keeping the framework it looks like we might finally get a Mark Millar rear end Mark Millar movie. And this is not a good thing as without an editor he writes like a hyperactive 14 year old trying to be "edgy."

One of those things spoiled the actor said was not going to be in the movie. So unless they changed their minds then that will thankfully will not be in the film.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

One of those things spoiled the actor said was not going to be in the movie. So unless they changed their minds then that will thankfully will not be in the film.

Which? There are suburban scenes taken straight from the first one and the funeral scene taken straight from the second, if my memory of the book serves me right. Hopefully it's the first and it just has a different outcome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LividLiquid posted:

It was like two years after Columbine.

It was released the year after and due to the outrage about violence due to it they were forced to make the changes.

Here you go
[url][http://screenrant.com/kick-rear end-2-movie-rape-scene-johnh-187659/[/url]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Johnson is loving jacked in that trailer.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

It was released the year after and due to the outrage about violence due to it they were forced to make the changes.
Could've sworn ROTJ came out in 2001. Either way, that's stupid. The original is the only way the plot of the film makes any drat sense.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Man, Johnson is loving jacked in that trailer.

His abs are really... uneven.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheJoker138 posted:

Kick-rear end one is incredibly faithful to the comic until the third act, where it goes sincere instead of super-ironic, which I think was a wise choice, especially with Nick Cages super-violent Adam West. I'd assume the sequel does the same thing.

Tripwyre posted:

Kick-rear end is a fantastic satire of superhero movies (and Raimi's Spider-Man specifically) for the first two acts. Then it decides to take itself super seriously and becomes exactly what it's satirizing (and not in a Galaxy Quest / Hot Fuzz kind of way). This sequel looks like more of the same crap from the first movie's finale.

The bit with the jet pack, is that the part you thought was super serious? Because you're wrong. It got dark in the third act, but dark and serious aren't the same thing.

bobkatt013 posted:

Here you go
[url][http://screenrant.com/kick-rear end-2-movie-rape-scene-johnh-187659/[/url]
That's good to read actually, I haven't read Kick-rear end 2 (book, but not movie spoiler apparently, except you hear about something that doesn't happen in the movie)Rape is too disturbing to be in these movies, there's an ultra-violence to the first, but it's so cartoonish that it doesn't matter as much, not all killings are equal, but rape is rape.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 14, 2013

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Skwirl posted:

The bit with the jet pack, is that the part you thought was super serious? Because you're wrong. It got dark in the third act, but dark and serious aren't the same thing.
Being serious and taking yourself seriously are two different things.

Also that Kick-rear end 2 trailer actually made me less interested in the film.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It got bad in the third act

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zzulu posted:

We can agree to disagree, but I think the comic, which goes in the opposite direction completely, has a terrible third act and I like the movie's third act.

TetsuoTW posted:

So do you think the bit with the jet pack was serious, or was the movie taking itself seriously. I'll be honest about not being entirely sure about the difference you claim. What's an example of a movie that takes itself serious in a not serious way and a movie that doesn't take itself serious in a serious way? Where does X-Men 3 fit in this scale?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 14, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Skwirl posted:

Kick-rear end one is incredibly faithful to the comic until the third act, where it goes sincere instead of super-ironic, which I think was a wise choice, especially with Nick Cages super-violent Adam West. I'd assume the sequel does the same thing.

Just wanna point out that Big Daddy is a completly different character on the movie, and I acutally think that's way better, plus Red Mist isn't that insane like in the comic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The movie jettisoned all of Millar's terrible bullshit and was much better for it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah it looks like they did the same. I love just how loving dorky everyone looks. I liked Kick rear end up until the 3rd act I was like ugh really.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The movie jettisoned all of Millar's terrible bullshit and was much better for it.

Like Wanted, Kick-rear end is a movie that's substantially better than the source material but still not very good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Like Wanted, Kick-rear end is a movie that's substantially better than the source material but still not very good.

See I disagree on Wanted, the comics actually had some charm while other than the keyboard scene the film does absolutely nothing for me.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Crosspost from BSS

Looks like Momoa's agent screwed him, because Dave Bautista got the Drax part in GOTG

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75782

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Zzulu posted:

The third act really worked for me, because the tone of the first two acts convinced me nothing was going to end well.

The trailer for Kick rear end 2 didn't do much for me, but neither did the trailer for the first Kick rear end.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TetsuoTW posted:

The forced edginess of Kick-rear end was probably its second worst failing after abandoning its satirical concept. The fact that the sequel seems to be amping up the edginess even further just makes me even more disinterested.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dacap posted:

Crosspost from BSS

Looks like Momoa's agent screwed him, because Dave Bautista got the Drax part in GOTG

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75782

Sucks for Momoa but I'm kind of cool with Bautista. I haven't seen Man with the Iron Fists but a big green Thanos killing machine...I hope he can bring some physical charisma. It'd be cool to have him train with something like a mime or whatever and bring something to the character at least physically unique since I doubt there's going to be much to Drax beyond the straightforward. I wonder if he's going to jack himself up for it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gatts posted:

Sucks for Momoa but I'm kind of cool with Bautista. I haven't seen Man with the Iron Fists but a big green Thanos killing machine...I hope he can bring some physical charisma. It'd be cool to have him train with something like a mime or whatever and bring something to the character at least physically unique since I doubt there's going to be much to Drax beyond the straightforward. I wonder if he's going to jack himself up for it.

He was one of the more charismatic characters in Iron Fists.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I love Batista but he's not an actor. Or at least his acting doesn't really extend to film acting. It's a tough choice because Momoa is really bland, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. gently caress that guy. At least Momoa can loving act.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I love Batista but he's not an actor. Or at least his acting doesn't really extend to film acting. It's a tough choice because Momoa is really bland, too.

Someone hasn't seem Game of Thrones.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He did have a good last run in the WWE where he showed something but I'm hoping someone has the thought to say "You know, the Predator in the first was pretty memorable. Maybe we should have some thought into how Drax is going to behave." because he could be a pretty clean slate for a movie version that they can have fun with.

Cool to know he was decent in Iron Fists, I'll have to rent that one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Terrible news on Drax. Momoa was perfect from what I saw of him in Conan.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
We are talking about Drax the big green muscled space guy that I have literally never seen say a word of dialogue or make a facial expression, ever?

Does this so-called character have a personality or an ability to emote that I am unaware of.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

We are talking about Drax the big green muscled space guy that I have literally never seen say a word of dialogue or make a facial expression, ever?

Does this so-called character have a personality or an ability to emote that I am unaware of.

Yes. Have you never read a single comic with him in it or anything?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes. Have you never read a single comic with him in it or anything?

Perhaps he did in the 90's when Drax was basically Space Hulk with cape and ever so slightly larger vocabulary. The Drax now is basically completely different.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Maybe Batista Drax will turn into Momoa Drax by the end of the movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheJoker138 posted:

Admittedly, I have not.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I did, he's okay but no Arnold, in making a barbarian charismatic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You're all missing the big picture. We now have an official connection between Marvel and WWE. It'll be much easier now to get Dwayne Johnson as Namor.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just love the image and sound in my head of Dwayne bellowing "Imperious Rex!" and then suplexing a great sea dwelling beast on land that it is invading like some kind of Godzilla. He would make a different style of dick to Richards and whomever. A jokey ddick. "Sue loved my strudels, Reed."

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Honest Thief posted:

I did, he's okay but no Arnold, in making a barbarian charismatic.

Momoa was a better Conan, just not a better Arnold Conan, which isn't like Conan at all really.

Dressed to Kill
Jul 23, 2007
Kick rear end 2 looks pretty poo poo but gotta love that Dredd soundtrack.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DFu4ever posted:

Momoa was a better Conan, just not a better Arnold Conan, which isn't like Conan at all really.

This. Momoa was playing a character much closer to the books than Arnold was. It's like comparing Craig's James Bond to...well, not as bad as Roger Moore's, but the cheesier Connery films. They're both fine interpretations of the character, but they're very, very different from one another. And Momoa was fantastic in Game of Thrones. Him giving an entire rousing speech in a totally made up language and SELLING that fucker is still one of my favorite moments from the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I find it amusing they cast a wrestler as Drax, since these threads usually devolve into arguments about fan-casting wrestlers in such roles and how dumb people are for even thinking such things.

• Locked thread