Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

SerCypher posted:

Sometimes I wonder who they are writing this show for. That is a pretty obscure reference even in America. Maybe Monty Python is just super popular over there.

Is it obscure in the US? I figured it was one of the more memorable Monty Python skits, and I'm not even much of a Monty Python fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Most people in the US are familiar with the Holy Grail and that's it.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
It's one of the better known bits from the TV show, but I'm still really surprised that anyone in Japan would know Monty Python. A lot of their sketches are about as tough to translate as Finnegans Wake.

I like that they included the stock shot of the Viking ship.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The spam sketch is one of the better known Monty Python sketches in Japan.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
There was actually a Japanese version of the Spamalot stage show last year. :eng101:

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Monty Python has aired in Japan dubbed and you can get the show subbed on DVD over there. Goro Naya was one of the voice actors who did John Cleese's parts.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
A preview for the third OVA, as well as some merchandise.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/03/10/video-girls-und-panzer-ova-three-preview

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
On one hand, their ship looks like a really nice place to live, on the other, I admit I wouldn't exactly feel safe knowing a bunch of schoolgirls are the ones piloting it.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I recently found out that they made hugging pillows with the girls from this show on them. I'm disappointed, because I hoped that Girls und Panzer dakimakura would be a little more like this:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

The Monkey Man posted:

I recently found out that they made hugging pillows with the girls from this show on them. I'm disappointed, because I hoped that Girls und Panzer dakimakura would be a little more like this:

Mmm yeah look at those treads.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Sorry, I'm holding out for the T-64B

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Look at those losers and their hugging pillows. I can have sex with any real tank I want :smuggo:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Artificer posted:

Mmm yeah look at those treads.

You can see everything.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Jesus Christ, people.

That tank barely looks a day over ten.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bah, all those years of watching hentank has obviously warped your perceptions- look at that barrel! It's huge! Unnatural! Call me when you have some DST (Deliciously Short Turret).

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

Command Ant posted:

That tank barely looks a day over ten.

It looks ten, but it's design is over thirty years old!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The 4th OVA will feature the Anglerfish dance.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/03/15/angler-fish-dance-returns-in-fourth-girls-und-panzer-ova

Has the 2nd OVA still not made it to the internet yet?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's out, just not subbed.

Master Asia
Dec 24, 2012
Commie just released their subs.
I think there is currently a stream of episode 11.
It is Commie subbed so I don't know how it would sit with some of you, but a sub is a sub.

Master Asia fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 19, 2013

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
This show is being aired on Crunchyroll so you probably shouldn't be posting stream links.

Master Asia
Dec 24, 2012
Got it.
Thanks for telling me that.
In other news Black Forest Peak confirmed for grinding up to Tier X in Tankery

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Master Asia posted:

Got it.
Thanks for telling me that.
In other news Black Forest Peak confirmed for grinding up to Tier X in Tankery

loving matchmaking, wargaming please fix.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
comment seen on MAL:

quote:

It's unbelievable that this fansub group decide to censor and cut out entirely the epic song at 13:13 episode 8.

What's the story with this? Does Crunchyroll censor things or is this person trolling (Note: I haven't actually seen this anime.)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zogundar posted:

comment seen on MAL:

What's the story with this? Does Crunchyroll censor things or is this person trolling (Note: I haven't actually seen this anime.)

They had to cut the Katyusha song for copyright reasons. Blame the Russian government, not Crunchyroll. There's a video of it on YouTube, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 19, 2013

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

They had to cut it for copyright reasons. Blame the Russian government, not Crunchyroll.

Go on..

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
They had a insert song where two characters sing the Russian folk song "Katyusha". I guess they didn't want to deal with the licensing so they (the Japanese animation company) cut it out.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Wait, so who cut the song out? If it was just Crunchyroll that makes a big difference than if the show did it itself as a joke.

And if it was a Crunchyroll edit, what did they put in its place? Is the episode just shorter?

Also: a licensed folk song :wtf:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The animation studio just removed the audio track while leaving the voiceover. Crunchyroll doesn't have the means to edit video like that.

Edit: Disregard everything I said. I never actually saw the Crunchyroll video (I watch the raws) and it looks like the entire segment is just cut. However, I do remember that it wasn't Crunchyroll's fault because that's the video they got from the animation company.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 19, 2013

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
So even native 日本人 don't get to see it, and as such there's no point in importing the Deluxe BD package from Glorious Nippon?

That bothers me a lot less than say, removing Pizza Hut from Code Geass just for US/foreign markets (I wonder if that's going to happen with the ending theme to JoJo.)

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
No, it's in the Japanese version. It's just that the video sent to Crunchyroll had it removed for some reason.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

They just didn't want to bother with licensing the song in places where Crunchyroll is available, and provided CR with the cut-down version to avoid the issue entirely.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I'm surprised that all these recent posts have been about Katyusha and not the fact that the latest episode had a loving Maus

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Zettace posted:

No, it's in the Japanese version. It's just that the video sent to Crunchyroll had it removed for some reason.

Argas posted:

They just didn't want to bother with licensing the song in places where Crunchyroll is available, and provided CR with the cut-down version to avoid the issue entirely.
First I find out about Netflix streaming playing around with their releases, and now this. :negative:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It was certainly amusing and a bit frustrating to see them all lose their heads in the chase.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
It's the nature of the format, but it annoyed me that they had all the time in the world to stare at the side of a slowly moving Maus and not one motherfucker fired until it was angled front-on. Not that it would have done anything much, but some of the bigger hitters might have had a chance. They gave chase in an obvious bait maneuver and all, but drat. I liked that they simulated the Superior Teutonic Engineering in the other KTs and such (impractically large, constant breakdowns) Also, seeing Troll Hetzer peek out in the background was hilarious.

I'm mostly just looking forward to some kind of crazy asspull in the last ep, though the numbers still don't give them much of a chance. I can see them just straight up losing anyway.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 19, 2013

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its hull armor is 200mm+ at the weakest point on the sides and the 88 they have will barely go through 200mm on a very lucky hit. I hope it runs out of fuel or they track it

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I'm sure it'll get stuck on something, or they'll lure it into a street that it can't turn the turret in or whatever.

:spergin: :
Wikipedia says the hull is 190mm on the sides and rear, and they had a nice, long window of opportunity to try for the rear idler gear or another part. Or to just turn around and gently caress off somewhere.

In other news, i think the Maus might mark the first realistic representation of a tank's real life speed.

edit: Wikipedia also says the 88 on the Tiger still couldn't penetrate more than 180mm at 100m, so... yeah, running.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 19, 2013

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Jesus Christ why do they get over double the line tanks and a Maus. This seems hardly fair. How does someone not win with that?

Also, the actual cannon looked awfully fragile. Dent that with a good shot and it's probably out of action.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
All they have to do is change their location. There's no may the Maus can follow them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Its like a mobile castle, it serves to restrict their movements/area denial. Hammer and Anvil analogy fits well here I think.

• Locked thread