Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Its voting time again! Help us secure our vanarchy by logging back in and voting!

Unfortunately I don't know who our allies are this time so we'll have to wait for Crowd. Until then don't vote for others, just us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Velveteen posted:

Its voting time again! Help us secure our vanarchy by logging back in and voting!

Unfortunately I don't know who our allies are this time so we'll have to wait for Crowd. Until then don't vote for others, just us!

I was wondering when it was going to start again. Will make sure to log in tonight. Meanwhile, what did you go for?

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

cathead posted:

I would probably sell them they sell for ridiculous amounts right now. Like ~320g a key easily.

I did just this. Sold them for 330-340 gold. Got a little over 4k out of all them. Thanks for that tip

Side note: Does anyone log onto the alt guild? It seems I'm the only one who logs onto their alt

Oppressor
Nov 6, 2011

What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent.
Still, No idea how to cancel my sub on Tera-EU.
Does anyone know what's the deal?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I accidentally deleted the MCHM videos I frapsed. Sorry team!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Phosphia posted:

I was wondering when it was going to start again. Will make sure to log in tonight. Meanwhile, what did you go for?

Ostgarath > Lumbertown > Popolion > ISLAND OF TERROR

Vote DGKK in Arun and Requiem in N.Shara. Not sure what we're going to vote in S.Shara for, probably free choice.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I've been playing my warrior some more and just hit level 28, and got Traverse Cut/Blade Draw. They make combat go a lot quicker and easier, but I still feel like i'm taking a lot of damage in fights without really having a way to restore my health. On my slayer I can kill forever and never really have an issue, but on this warrior i'll have to stop after a short while and wait around to regen.

What's the most efficient way to regen health outside of combat without having your own personal priest? I never had to use any potions or bandages on my slayer but i'm pretty tired of having to wait for so long now i'm playing this guy.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Thievery posted:

What's the most efficient way to regen health outside of combat without having your own personal priest?

At level 28? Have you tried Pristine Vigorous armor crystals? I'm not fully aware of how big a Warrior's HP pool is at that level, but I'm thinking at least having four of them stacked in Superior armor would still make a difference in slowing the health bleed during grinding.

Don't take my word for it though, I'm a stupid level 56 pubbie.

Nice showing last Vanarch term, that bravado really shook Mount Tyrannas up.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

At level 28? Have you tried Pristine Vigorous armor crystals? I'm not fully aware of how big a Warrior's HP pool is at that level, but I'm thinking at least having four of them stacked in Superior armor would still make a difference in slowing the health bleed during grinding.

Neat, I picked some up. I always forget about crystals, and all my gear is just stuff from quests. Just threw 3 into my armour and it's like +100HP a sec which is great.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sigh.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
I really don't think we need to care as long as they're smart enough to do something like that, lurker goons as far as I'm concerned have always been fine.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Been re-reading again and was wondering if there was a Mumble set up for this.

Of course, given my registration date, I wouldn't dare try unless invited to.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Been re-reading again and was wondering if there was a Mumble set up for this.

Of course, given my registration date, I wouldn't dare try unless invited to.

http://dgkk.kane.cx/index.php/topic,8.0.html

That's the offsite.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Well, I'm certainly not going to give something like that up, then.

In-game guild application to come in about five hours as I struggle to return to my rig.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 16, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
You aren't Monomyth from MHFO, are you?

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
In as Zagnuts, popori cleric. I am having a blast with this game so far. Loving the guild as well, good times.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Eigo posted:

You aren't Monomyth from MHFO, are you?

I am. Please don't hurt me. Saku says hi.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

What happens to Policy Points after a guild's term? Is it saved even though you're not Vanarch?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

They're not saved, so just stock up on completed quests.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

KaneTW posted:

They're not saved, so just stock up on completed quests.

Are you certain the quests are saved?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Phosphia posted:

Are you certain the quests are saved?

yes

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Thievery posted:

Neat, I picked some up. I always forget about crystals, and all my gear is just stuff from quests. Just threw 3 into my armour and it's like +100HP a sec which is great.

If you keep up with your gathering you can get a substantial amount of hp/mp regen from that. The buffs are percentage based too so they're always nice to have on no matter what level you're at. You should also keep your gathering levelled because you get FREE HATS at level 300.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
How would you effectively, level gathering?

I kinda fell behind and can't gather most of the minerals,plants, essence in the area I'm in right now.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Go to and old zone, get to cap, move on to next zone.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Someone with maxed gathering skills can party up with you and help you gather the best stuff.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Gathering with other people gives you a greater chance of succeeding in my experence.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Kuvo posted:

Gathering with other people gives you a greater chance of succeeding in my experence.

This depends on your friend's skill. It can either help you or be a burden.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Just spent pretty much all day trying to get TERA to install/patch because I wanted to see what was new only to run up against the applying patches issue, tried all the fixes, no luck and to top it all off one of the fixes actually deleted the game files which took 12+ hours to download without any warning.

Worst patching/install process ive seen in a long time. Complicated by the insane download size of corse. Funny thing is i played in beta and for a while at release with no issues at all.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Manaya's Core kicked my rear end tonight but it was worth it. Absolutely gorgeous instance, the fight is complex and fun. Looking forward to beating the queen on my next try :black101:.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

mfny posted:

Just spent pretty much all day trying to get TERA to install/patch because I wanted to see what was new only to run up against the applying patches issue, tried all the fixes, no luck and to top it all off one of the fixes actually deleted the game files which took 12+ hours to download without any warning.

Worst patching/install process ive seen in a long time. Complicated by the insane download size of corse. Funny thing is i played in beta and for a while at release with no issues at all.

What version were you actually updating from? I'd imagine there might've been a completely new build released since the beta, especially with that huge update some time last year. That might be why it had to start from scratch and download the entire game again.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
This loving game sometimes.

I'm soloing a BAM, and doing fine even when it aggroes everything in visible distance. I get it down to 2% health and I get killed because I got stuck on loving world geometry.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Protocol7 posted:

This loving game sometimes.

I'm soloing a BAM, and doing fine even when it aggroes everything in visible distance. I get it down to 2% health and I get killed because I got stuck on loving world geometry.

I guess you got cornered. :smug:

e: this joke only applies if the geometry's odd angle is what caught you, and not something dumb like a wall. ignore if not applicable

Eigo fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 17, 2013

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Eigo posted:

I guess you got cornered. :smug:

e: this joke only applies if the geometry's odd angle is what caught you, and not something dumb like a wall. ignore if not applicable

It's definitely applicable. It was a tree branch I think. I didn't go back to find out. :mad:

This game is a blast though. I dismissed it when I tried it via a Headstart code. Now that I'm actually playing it, I'm wishing I bought it on release. Boring combat drives me away from MMOs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
My first death and it's a gank.

The amount of intense :qq: is amazing.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

kirbysuperstar posted:

My first death and it's a gank.

The amount of intense :qq: is amazing.

That was my firt death (and by gank!), and roughly that location too. I think everybody gets oneshotted at about the time they step out of lumbertown. :v:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zaodai posted:

That was my firt death (and by gank!), and roughly that location too. I think everybody gets oneshotted at about the time they step out of lumbertown. :v:

Same for me. That's when I realized why the OP says to stay out of channel 1.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Same for me. That's when I realized why the OP says to stay out of channel 1.

Yeah, I'm learning to check it periodically to see if the game has helpfully plonked me back into it.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, I'm learning to check it periodically to see if the game has helpfully plonked me back into it.

Anytime you teleport somewhere (like to a camp or whatever) you'll get put back in to channel 1.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

What version were you actually updating from? I'd imagine there might've been a completely new build released since the beta, especially with that huge update some time last year. That might be why it had to start from scratch and download the entire game again.

I did a fresh install/download to make sure there were no issues which didn't actually help in the end. I wont be back playing for a while it seems as I really cant be bothered at the moment redownloading 20GB again. MMOs with such a large client size really should have a progressive download system in place, WoW,EQ2 and LOTRO for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

There is a streaming downloader for TERA now. If you go here you can choose to download the streaming downloader.

• Locked thread