Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I remember that and distinctly liking the idea until it was The Undertaker who beats him for the title, though I have no real idea who should beat him. Hypothetically, even two years ago I would think it was great, but its the same problem with having Punk/Taker this year be for the title. As long as Undertaker works one night a year, he shouldn't win the title just to vacate it. But I did like every other thing about that.
I think it would work if Taker declared that it would be his last match and he wanted to finish with the streak and the title. And then vacate it on the following Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I think it would work if Taker declared that it would be his last match and he wanted to finish with the streak and the title. And then vacate it on the following Raw.

If you wanted to go back to one main belt, have Taker win the World Title and just retire it with him.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you wanted to go back to one main belt, have Taker win the World Title and just retire it with him.

That would be a waste imo, a properly booked Unified Champion gimmick could do wonders for an up-and-comer. Then again, "properly booked" is a high bar these days

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

That would be a waste imo, a properly booked Unified Champion gimmick could do wonders for an up-and-comer. Then again, "properly booked" is a high bar these days

It would just be creating a Jericho to Cena's HHH

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would just be creating a Jericho to Cena's HHH

well yeah, quite

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Edit: gently caress. Wrong thread

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

triplexpac posted:

But WHY would he give him the CHAIN?!
That bugged me. Bryan's explanation not only works, it prevents Jeff Hardy from looking like idiot babyface #674.

Edit: Garrett and Brisco also not only worked to lure fans into a false sense of security, but Jeff as well. I thought both of those things not only made perfect sense, but were new and interesting. Just having a guy turn on another guy when a heel stable runs in is something we've seen so many times that any babyface falling for it looks like a dumbass at this point unless it's his best friend.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LividLiquid posted:

That bugged me. Bryan's explanation not only works, it prevents Jeff Hardy from looking like idiot babyface #674.

Edit: Garrett and Brisco also not only worked to lure fans into a false sense of security, but Jeff as well. I thought both of those things not only made perfect sense, but were new and interesting. Just having a guy turn on another guy when a heel stable runs in is something we've seen so many times that any babyface falling for it looks like a dumbass at this point unless it's his best friend.

No no no. Why did he give him the CHAIN!?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jack Krauser posted:

No no no. Why did he give him the CHAIN!?
To lure Bully into a false sense of security so he could win the title.

Just one more time.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Late Monday night, and that can only mean one thing: The Punchsport Podcast! I couldn't get anybody to talk about how awesome the last episode of Once Upon A Time was, so we just got together and did a 10 Count instead. This one features me, HulkaMatt, MRP, KFG, and a very special guest!!!

Our topics:

1. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Paul Bearer
2. Bully Ray is the TNA Champion, and the leader of Aces and Eights!
3. TNA's all-female PPV is a complete clusterfuck.
4. WTF was with the Jericho/Miz/Barrett/Maddox segment tonight?
5. What percentage of pro wrestlers in the US make a living just from wrestling?
6. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Rob Van Dam vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
7. What are your favorite or least favorite tropes in pro wrestling?
8. HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION TIME: Would a random WWE crowd know to chant "you suck" at Kurt Angle?
9. What's your favorite promo of all time?
10. Let's talk about PWG for like 15 minutes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cool guest, please come back Shaman.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Konnan and Ed Ferrara glossed over as much of the bad poo poo that you might expect, but it was still interesting to get two different perspectives on the same Pay Per View (Sid v. Benoit).

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
You answered my question. My life has meaning now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"...caused him to get divorced, beat Brock Lesnar..."

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
I know I've been a lurker and ruined my status as such and all, but knowing at least Matt and MRP's knowledge of this period, I'd love to hear some opinions on Jimmy Jacob's ROH career. Maybe ya'll can wait until Weekly Font can come back and speak on it, because I know he was very much into that period of ROH. but I've always loved his character from the HUSS, to the whiny emo kid, to the clingy weirdo, to the hosed up cult leader. I've very much been hoping for ROH to release a Jimmy Jacobs compilation, summing up what is probably my favorite storyline in the company's history.

I've always felt like Jimmy Jacobs is a guy who because of his size will never make it in the big leagues, but his work on the indies has always been very good. I truly hope he can get by financially. But if TNA can give a boring fellow like Joey Ryan a chance, I'm always real surprised that Jimmy has never been handed the wheel for a "major" wrestling company. He's a real smart guy who understands the business and had one of the best long-term storylines and all-around chaaracter growth in ROH's history. I'm not entirely sure if my love of him is just because I'm from New Jersey and have grown up with "emo" and "screamo" and every sub-genre of music that Jimmy has latched onto, but I've always found him to be one of the most REAL characters in ROH. One of the main characters that really got me interested in the company as a whole.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

I know I've been a lurker and ruined my status as such and all, but knowing at least Matt and MRP's knowledge of this period, I'd love to hear some opinions on Jimmy Jacob's ROH career. Maybe ya'll can wait until Weekly Font can come back and speak on it, because I know he was very much into that period of ROH. but I've always loved his character from the HUSS, to the whiny emo kid, to the clingy weirdo, to the hosed up cult leader. I've very much been hoping for ROH to release a Jimmy Jacobs compilation, summing up what is probably my favorite storyline in the company's history.

I've always felt like Jimmy Jacobs is a guy who because of his size will never make it in the big leagues, but his work on the indies has always been very good. I truly hope he can get by financially. But if TNA can give a boring fellow like Joey Ryan a chance, I'm always real surprised that Jimmy has never been handed the wheel for a "major" wrestling company. He's a real smart guy who understands the business and had one of the best long-term storylines and all-around chaaracter growth in ROH's history. I'm not entirely sure if my love of him is just because I'm from New Jersey and have grown up with "emo" and "screamo" and every sub-genre of music that Jimmy has latched onto, but I've always found him to be one of the most REAL characters in ROH. One of the main characters that really got me interested in the company as a whole.

If only ROH had released a dvd with a shoot http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/love-hate-jimmy-jacobs-story-2-disc-set
Also the reasons for him not getting into the bigger leagues? Drugs and his size, but mostly drugs. The only reason that he had a job in ROH was Ballad of Lacy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is probably a dumb question for the Ten Count but it's 3 AM so gently caress it: what do you guys think of VGCW and how it's become this weird thing in how it parallels real wrestling via using silly technical issues as storyline and things like that.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

HulkaMatt contacted me. I'll be back to talk about my love for Jimmy loves Lacey soonish.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

weekly font posted:

HulkaMatt contacted me. I'll be back to talk about my love for Jimmy loves Lacey soonish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh3Qmjxvr4A

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
I have a stupid question for the TEN COUNT~!

Some of the best entrance themes begin with a sound effect or sample: Steve Austin has glass shattering; Mick Foley has a car crash; The Rock has YIFF YA SMELLLL.

If you were a wrestler and got to choose what your "sound," what would it be?

Or, if this is too stupid/boring, what one wrestler today, more than anyone else, do you think would benefit from something like this?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I would like to hear the Ten Counters talk about their favorite and least favorite Wrestlemania matches/angles.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't listen to the Ten Count podcast, but I suggest they talk about their favourite B-Shows/episodes of Thunder/other low level WCW/WWF poo poo.

My favourite podcasts are when they talk about obscure stuff from the big companies, not rehashing the big stuff.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

bobkatt013 posted:

If only ROH had released a dvd with a shoot http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/love-hate-jimmy-jacobs-story-2-disc-set
Also the reasons for him not getting into the bigger leagues? Drugs and his size, but mostly drugs. The only reason that he had a job in ROH was Ballad of Lacy.

Cheers man, I admittedly have not been keeping up with ROH's compilations and this looks great. I had heard about the drug stuff in passing but nothing in-depth.

weekly font posted:

Awesome, lookin forward to it!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
No question is too dumb. Thank you guys so much for listening to the show and giving us material for future episodes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Goog posted:

No question is too dumb. Thank you guys so much for listening to the show and giving us material for future episodes.

gently caress/Marry/Kill with the members of Too Cool.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaylord Plower posted:

Is Brian Christopher an only child? this makes a huge difference

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is Brian Christopher an only child? this makes a huge difference

So many ways to take this

Maybe you want to marry him, to inherit the King's legacy?

Maybe you want to kill him, to END the King's legacy?

Maybe you want to gently caress him, getting one step closer to your dream of loving Jerry Lawler?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Gaylord Plower posted:

I can do this.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Ten Count: You are given the reigns of WCW circa 2000 and are tasked with making Tank Abbott a megastar. How would you you do it?

If you don't feel like answering, I have another question!
Is there a specific match or event that you would show somebody to get into wrestling?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OUR HEAVENLY CHAMP posted:

Ten Count: You are given the reigns of WCW circa 2000 and are tasked with making Tank Abbott a megastar. How would you you do it?

If you don't feel like answering, I have another question!
Is there a specific match or event that you would show somebody to get into wrestling?

I think that is an interesting question since I think the answer is obvious, but other people may disagree.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Gaylord Plower posted:

This is too obvious, oatgan

During the RVD/Austin feud segment, someone said wasted opportunity and someone responded "they both like getting wasted" and no one heard it. I chuckled, your joke was noticed

schweens fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 15, 2013

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Final.mp3

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Question for the 10 count crew: Is there a match you think would have been a great match if it had been shorter?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tonfa posted:

Question for the 10 count crew: Is there a match you think would have been a great match if it had been shorter?

or longer for that matter!

and have we tackled the "your favorite major show of all time" question?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Favorite in your house PPV/match?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaylord Plower posted:

Marry Rikishi, gently caress Scotty, kill Sexay.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

10 Minute Update is back.

I am shocked.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

10 Minute Update is back.

I am shocked.

Is this going to be a regular thing or what? :smugbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lance was really entertaining today, calling Bryan out on some of his poo poo and giving me some hope for the future of developmental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Just started the Lance show and Lance thinks Nick Diaz is literally retarded. This should be a fun show.

• Locked thread