Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If they can't get Twilight I really hope they get Super Mario Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

therealjon_ posted:

If they can't get Twilight I really hope they get Super Mario Brothers.

That would be even more difficult for a live show, since they would also have to deal with nintendo. I do hope they eventually up doing a non-live riff for it though.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNhGhJZ3PSY

TOMORROW!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, that was amazing. Especially the stinger.

"OK, there's no comment in the world that would make that funnier." "Nope"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What the gently caress is going on with that baby? You'd think with all the money these movies make they could have put in a little bit more effort.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

What the gently caress is going on with that baby? You'd think with all the money these movies make they could have put in a little bit more effort.

From listening to the How Did This Get Made? episode about the movie it seems they picked an actress for the teenage version of the girl and just CGI'd her face onto all the other various ages she goes through in the film. Now that I can actually see what they were talking about I agree that it's just incredibly stupid looking.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Holy crap, I can't wait.

I'm so stoked for overly flamboyantly gay euro-sparkle-pires.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Which movie was it where, I think mike goes "This is how I look when I'm about to change a setting on my router..."

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Which movie was it where, I think mike goes "This is how I look when I'm about to change a setting on my router..."

Pretty sure that was in The Avengers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Through thread recommantion, I grabbed Prisoners of the Lost World, Laser Mission, and McBain along with the two recent shorts. After the coupon and the additional dollar off on Prisoners of the Lost World, it was only 26 dollars. Already watched both shorts and enjoyed them both a lot.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Is it weird that one of my favorite gags in McBain is an MST callback that happens in the first few minutes?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Is it weird that one of my favorite gags in McBain is an MST callback that happens in the first few minutes?

Care to quote it because I can't remember that off the top of my head?

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

LP97S posted:

Care to quote it because I can't remember that off the top of my head?

quote:

Upon seeing the bamboo prisoner dome

Bill: We can be thankful it's not a thunder dome.
Kevin: Can't we ge-
Mike: Don't. You. Dare.
It's a reference to the opening bit to the "Laserblast" episode of MST3K. It made me smile like an idiot when they did it. NOSTALGIA

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

It's a reference to the opening bit to the "Laserblast" episode of MST3K. It made me smile like an idiot when they did it. NOSTALGIA

There's some other Riff or Short that also make the "Can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?" joke before. I haven't watched MST3k in a while so I know it's from either a short or feature length Riff. It's just another pun they like to make, and then usually hit one another for doing so.

Although, speaking of repeating jokes; I was thinking about putting together a list of times they reference Nick Nolte, but that would be a hell of an undertaking.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

IUG posted:

There's some other Riff or Short that also make the "Can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?" joke before. I haven't watched MST3k in a while so I know it's from either a short or feature length Riff. It's just another pun they like to make, and then usually hit one another for doing so.

Although, speaking of repeating jokes; I was thinking about putting together a list of times they reference Nick Nolte, but that would be a hell of an undertaking.

Think I heard that line show up as well in Alien from LA.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rirse posted:

Think I heard that line show up as well in Alien from LA.

Somewhere else then as well, as I don't have that VOD. I'm actually somewhat lacking on those.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
That joke's been made since the movie's title was known and has nothing to do with MST3k specifically :colbert:

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

IUG posted:

Someone already beat you to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZi2OxoiWA

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jesus christ. I'm so glad someone did beat me to that punch, because I would never have the patience to do that now that I know it would be 15 minutes of back-to-back clips. Plus I haven't seen most of those full-length riffs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That joke's been made since the movie's title was known and has nothing to do with MST3k specifically :colbert:

Yeah I did a literal spit-take when the first "beyond Thunderdome" MST episode aired (it was one of the Sci Fi Channel seasons I think) because I'd been annoying people with that joke for years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Today is the day. They could have stayed silent for the entire film and it would have been worth my money just for the big "line?" joke.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
The constant slamming on Jacob for being a creepy imprinter was great, though. Freaky digital kid was equally creepy, though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

RagingBoner posted:

There was a callback to Track of the Moon Beast in Mesa of Lost Women.

I'm waiting for a movie with a death day so they can do a callback to Danger!! Death Ray.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
"Whoa, that's like a full body mustache!"

That movie was pants-on-head retarded and deserved everything they gave it and then some.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

I never thought I'd be this sad to see the Twilight series end.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

sethsez posted:

I never thought I'd be this sad to see the Twilight series end.
There were rumors of a reboot of the Twilight series a while back, so the party might never end!

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
The last twilight riff was almost as good as the first one. Loved everything about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Today is the day. They could have stayed silent for the entire film and it would have been worth my money just for the big "line?" joke.

Yep, that was amazing. I was waiting for it the whole movie and then that happened. Glorious.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I thought the riff was hilarious but nothing made me laugh harder than Michael Sheen doing his weird squeaky laugh when he saw the child. You can write all the clever jokes you want but the fact that that made it into the full film will never not be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Crocuta posted:

There were rumors of a reboot of the Twilight series a while back, so the party might never end!
I hope they cast another male lead I end up liking because of his complete disdain for "Twilight".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope twilight gets rebooted every time the series ends FOREVER.

I want to look forward to a very, very old Mike, Kevin Murphy head in a jar, and RoboBill riffing Twilight part 1 version 25 in 2128 A.D.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
But will we ever learn how "da girl" is "liking the rain"?!

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
More importantly, where is she going?!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This school only teaches Biology and volleyball?

My wife's bringing her co-worker's copy of Breaking Dawn 2 when she gets off work, I am all a-twitter with anticipation. :allears:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I thought the riff was hilarious but nothing made me laugh harder than Michael Sheen doing his weird squeaky laugh when he saw the child. You can write all the clever jokes you want but the fact that that made it into the full film will never not be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

I actually had to roll the whole thing back to see if that was a thing that really actually happened. Surprising to find that it was!

There's been some photoshops about it at the Rifftrax tumblr, I like the Hello Kitty one. He's just so happy! :3:

Seriously could not believe that they (spoilers for Twilight, frankly it's better if it takes you by surprise) faked that whole loving battle. I thought something was actually happening, but no, heck no.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wow, they were not kidding about the creepy pedo wolf boy.

:pedo: "So Renesmay, do you like Dora the Explorer and or wearing thongs?"

:stonk:

And the ultimate delivery of "Line?" This may fall just behind Titanic for absolute best riff ever.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Kojiro posted:

Seriously could not believe that they (spoilers for Twilight, frankly it's better if it takes you by surprise) faked that whole loving battle. I thought something was actually happening, but no, heck no.

Seriously, if that happened in a movie I actually gave a poo poo about I would be really pissed.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Any word if they're going to be doing The Hobbit yet?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wiseblood posted:

Seriously, if that happened in a movie I actually gave a poo poo about I would be really pissed.

Well the reason they did it is because nothing actually happens. They needed some sort of climax for a visual medium. At the same time it really hosed with the fans who were, according to my friend who was brought there opening night by his wife, devastated that they were killing off these loved characters. That kinda rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Any word if they're going to be doing The Hobbit yet?

I don't think so, but hopefully that means they're working on the last Harry Potter movies first.

• Locked thread