Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
He bowled 15 overs in the shield season and was getting belted by Hughes in training, people need to stop playing him as an all-rounder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Smith and Doherty both have >80 averages :stare:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
At least X bought his bowling economy to below 6rpo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Not a bad ODI score imo.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I made a thing.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

I made a thing.

Good thing. Well done.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
It's entirely possible we will lose 14 matches straight.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

glasnost toyboy posted:

It's entirely likely we will lose 14 matches straight.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
We have gone past LOLstralia to Dear Lord how did we get this bad?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
In other news, have a photo of Clarke looking like he wants to suck his own cock

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What accidental mankadding is cricinfo referring to?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
First ball of the innings

quote:

M Vijay takes first strike. Starc will bowl. Three slips and a gully. Starc loses the ball in the follow-through, it hits the stumps at the non-striker's end, and Dhawan is backing up. Had Asutralia appealed, Dhawan would have been out without facing a ball in his debut innings

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
They should have appealed how far was he backing up to have been in that situation in the first place. Its blatant cheating and teams should start running batsmen out for it.

Just to get across how cheating it is. Bowlers can't run a batsmen out when they begin the delivery. They have to be out of their ground during the run up.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
This particular instance was a non-event really considering it slipped out of his hand, and was the first ball of the innings. But this law/spirit of the game is abused by every team in ODIs/T20s. Non-strikers are halfway down the wicket before the ball leaves the bowlers hand in the last over of a T20. And when a team does run a batsman out (Ashwin ran out some SL batsman in an ODI recently), the umpires are all confused, and ask the captain to reconsider the appeal (Sehwag was captain and withdrew the appeal after being asked by the umpires).

The spirit of the game bullshit needs to end honestly. Taking the fielder's word, batsmen expected to walk etc

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Out before facing a ball on your Test debut has gotta be locked in as the grand overlord of diamond-encrusted ducks

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Before a ball has even been bowled too. You're technically out before the game has begun.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mister Chief posted:

Before a ball has even been bowled too. You're technically out before the game has begun.

Out before your career has begun. Holy poo poo that would be loving amazing

(e: and no, the game begins when the umpire calls 'Play' but hey gently caress that this is comedy)

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

If I was Australian right
now I'd be loading up my kangaroo and leaving.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He should have been out, but they did not appeal. He was set free. No longer trapped by the fear, the pressure of a debut, he could relax and enjoy some easy scoring off the pie chucking of some shameful bowlers.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

He should have been out, but they did not appeal. He was set free. No longer trapped by the fear, the pressure of a debut, he could relax and enjoy some easy scoring off the pie chucking of some shameful bowlers.

Only a complete scumbag would have appealed for that. It therefore stikes me as odd that the Australian cricket team did not appeal.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Only a complete scumbag would have appealed for that. It therefore stikes me as odd that the Australian cricket team did not appeal.

In the glorious future, when Graeme Smith is coaching Australia to their first Ashes triumph in 20 years... then you'll see it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How's the weather in Wellington?

Giant Goober
Nov 6, 2009
Raining and windy. Looks like it's got back to normal.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vagabundo posted:

Not going to save New Zealand.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

on the webcam on metservice; grey, cold, wet and windy so a nice summers day in Wellywood

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

serious gaylord posted:

Correct, England saved by the rain twice in a row.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

The bookies reckon it will, looking at how the odds for the draw have dropped.

Speaking of, you can get 5/2 on India to beat Australia. There's still 2 days to go, and another day like the last one would see India, what, 200-odd ahead, and a day to play with. Could be worth a punt.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel RichTea posted:

The bookies reckon it will, looking at how the odds for the draw have dropped.

Speaking of, you can get 5/2 on India to beat Australia. There's still 2 days to go, and another day like the last one would see India, what, 200-odd ahead, and a day to play with. Could be worth a punt.

I could see Australia folding on Day 5 with India 200 or so ahead. Depends how mental this new Indian batsmen goes when they start up again tomorrow. If he just goes the tonk when he gets to 200 I could see Australia being in by the end of the day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's got 185 at over 110.0 already. His "tonk" could be marvellous.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Fastest debut double ton if he keeps up at this rate. Who needs Sehwag?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Could actually get a bit of play today if this is anything to go by http://www.metservice.com/maps-radar/rain-radar/wellington

edit: lol loving hell, watching the odds is more accurate than any weather forecast, all of a sudden the draw lengthens and England shorten

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 16, 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

lol no-ball

edit: nearly :(

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
I haven't paid any attention to this test how are Australia do- :stare:

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Is it too soon to begin the push to replace Wade with Jodie Fields?

e: While we're at it - Erin Osborne has across the board better stats than Lyon

Pig in the City fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 16, 2013

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Full day at the basin, this rain won't get any heavier than it is now - sweet gently caress all. The Basin always produces a result, I can't think of a drawn test here. Panesar is getting plenty of purchase already and the humidity is going to see some decent swing. Last I checked NZ is still loving hopeless o wager on a draw at your peril IMHO.

/edit last two tests drawn erk. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/engine/records/team/match_results.html?class=1;id=116;type=ground
Still, think record of last thirty years show more results thans draws here.

dusty fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 17, 2013

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Shut up with that annoying chant for fucks sake

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Fastest debut double ton if he keeps up at this rate. Who needs Sehwag?

I wonder who India might uncover if they ever find the balls to drop Tendulkar.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Let's not start hailing him as the next Viv Richards because he tonked around a piss poor bowling attack on a slow wicket. The guy is 27 already, his average in ODIs is 13 and his first-class record is quite modest. Australia are just a horrifically terrible team.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Quanta posted:

his average in ODIs is 13

:negative:

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Oh God, they're doing a Lara vs. Tendulkar discussion on Sky right now.

• Locked thread