Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

That's why I bought it.

Yes but see you and I and the rest of of the people in this thread are normal humans who enjoy games for games. This kind of attitude gets frowned upon outside of GiP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Installed SSDs today, holy poo poo they own~

Also first reformat in over 3 years :xd:

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

Im gonna have to get this. I can remember being a kid and having marathon sessions of this game with my friend. God that brings back memories.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

That's why I bought it.

This is why I bought Dark Souls.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I can't think of another game that's been rereleased with newer graphics like this. It's been over a decade since it was first released.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
ok so PoE is pretty fun but I can't stop dying in merciless :(

deaths being penalized like 15% of a level sucks :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

genderstomper58 posted:

ok so PoE is pretty fun but I can't stop dying in merciless :(

deaths being penalized like 15% of a level sucks :(

Make a run to the Ledge, farm there until 60. Then do the rest of A1, and move on to A2.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Vasudus posted:

Make a run to the Ledge, farm there until 60. Then do the rest of A1, and move on to A2.

Oh yeah, ledge is usually pretty easy gonna try that ty

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone still playing arma 3?

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

Pufflekins posted:

Anyone still playing arma 3?

I will be once my new PC is built. Hopefully tomorrow :). Would be playing tonight but my mobo arrived damaged.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

I will be once my new PC is built. Hopefully tomorrow :). Would be playing tonight but my mobo arrived damaged.

I just picked it up today, just loving around with it but its pretty fun so far.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A bunch of us bought it, I've been slammed lately and haven't been on, but wish I could be.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I beat Fart of the Swarm last night, now moving on to StarDrive. It's pretty rad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Got stuck on X-Plane 10 then payday hit and now I'm down 140-ish bucks on high-end virtual jets and helicopters why do I do this to myself wwwhhhyyyy

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK
Do we have mumble or something?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I now have three copies of "Arma 3 Lite". I have no idea what they are, but if someone wants them just send me a steam message.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I now have three copies of "Arma 3 Lite". I have no idea what they are, but if someone wants them just send me a steam message.

Its basically alpha access, but no retail game.

Edit: i got 3 too

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Was just about to post that I have 3 arma 3 lite invites for whoever wants them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Basically there are about ~20 Arma 3 lite invites to hand out collectively.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Might as well take one and get the download started so I can rock it with some GiP Squad. If I like it, can I just get in on the Alpha price?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Just downloaded some co-op mission that's supposed to be cool for up to 20 players if anyone wanna get down.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

Just downloaded some co-op mission that's supposed to be cool for up to 20 players if anyone wanna get down.

I want to play, I'm sick of playing scenarios and teamkilling pubbies.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

Pufflekins posted:

I want to play, I'm sick of playing scenarios and teamkilling pubbies.

We should make a GiP mission i guess

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I meant the showcases or whatever.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

Pufflekins posted:

I meant the showcases or whatever.

Yeah, they're poo poo. I'm learning the map editor now so I'm gonna see what i can put together

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Welp, Tomb Raider was pretty awesome. Better mechanics and gameplay than Uncharted, but Uncharted tells a better story and easily takes it with characters hands down.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

WOMEN DESERVE RAPE posted:

Welp, Tomb Raider was pretty awesome. Better mechanics and gameplay than Uncharted, but Uncharted tells a better story and easily takes it with characters hands down.

Best username/post combo in a long time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Uncharted pissed me the hell off. It's too much movie; not enough game. And I really liked Lara in this game way more than Drake cuz Drake is always just a real frat boy dick but Lara goes from being all fraidy cat to yelling about killing dudes.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
21 deaths, 0 kills. how the gently caress are people so good @ flying jets in bf3 :|

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

genderstomper58 posted:

21 deaths, 0 kills. how the gently caress are people so good @ flying jets in bf3 :|

Playing End Game? Any good?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

Uncharted pissed me the hell off. It's too much movie; not enough game. And I really liked Lara in this game way more than Drake cuz Drake is always just a real frat boy dick but Lara goes from being all fraidy cat to yelling about killing dudes.

Lara Croft herself was well done, but considering the entire game is basically an engine for her to actually develop into her eventual self that's not surprising. It's just that the storyline and supporting cast were kinda meh compared to Uncharted 2 & 3's. Basically just have the people at Naughty Dog who are in charge of storyline and supporting cast get together with Crystal Dynamics and make a love child.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Lara Croft herself was well done, but considering the entire game is basically an engine for her to actually develop into her eventual self that's not surprising. It's just that the storyline and supporting cast were kinda meh compared to Uncharted 2 & 3's. Basically just have the people at Naughty Dog who are in charge of storyline and supporting cast get together with Crystal Dynamics and make a love child.

Nathan Drake and Lara Croft have beautiful third-person action-adventure game baby.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

holocaust bloopers posted:

Playing End Game? Any good?

the motorcycles are cool

maps are eh

nothings been close to as good as close quarters imo

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot
RAPE, what was your original name? Hard time keeping up lol :shobon:

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
I'm gettin pretty good at flying arma choppers now. Haven't played BF3 in a long time and jumped into a game and holy poo poo it moves fast now that i'm used to arma.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

I'm gettin pretty good at flying arma choppers now. Haven't played BF3 in a long time and jumped into a game and holy poo poo it moves fast now that i'm used to arma.

Please stop playing arma or you're going to regain your virginity and gain 200 pounds and buy 400 dollars worth of accessories and unironically have in game ranks and stuff

Please Im worried

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

genderstomper58 posted:

Please stop playing arma or you're going to regain your virginity and gain 200 pounds and buy 400 dollars worth of accessories and unironically have in game ranks and stuff

Please Im worried

I've gained 10 pounds over the last month or so :ohdear:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

I've gained 10 pounds over the last month or so :ohdear:

I bought a joystick out of boredom, still can't kill anyone in a jet in bf3 lol

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

RAPE, what was your original name? Hard time keeping up lol :shobon:

Tysterisk. I'm one of the new people, about to escape the gently caress outta TRADOC land in 3 weeks as a 68W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

genderstomper58 posted:

I bought a joystick out of boredom, still can't kill anyone in a jet in bf3 lol

BF3 jets require a controller. Every pilot nerd I know, including a few who have actual fighter experience said its just too "twitch" for a HOTAS

• Locked thread