Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

That's been a cool name ever since Ferris Bueller and I won't hear anything bad about it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amelia Song
Jan 28, 2012

This blog is a complete and utter mindfuck, and the names of her kids are no exception.

Jessica Kaira (okay, not too terrible)
Griffyn Flux (getting worse)
Lilith Magenta De-Ath (De-Ath? Like hyphenated death?)
Spiral-Moon :stare:
Balthazar Pheonix (which left me wondering if that's "phoenix" misspelled or if that was intentional)
Maxamillion Hercules
Merlin Radbod
Zarrathustra Cyrus Wildcat

:psyboom:

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

I used to know this batshit married couple who legally changed their names to Anakin and Padme Skywalker. If that wasn't bad enough, they named one of their sons Luke and the other one Clark Kent. I mean, if you're going to do this, naming your son Luke fits with the pattern of insanity, but the latter is just cruel. Yes, I knew them personally -- they used to go to my church until they left in an explosive ball of drama.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

razorrozar posted:

Please tell me her last name is Wright.

Remember those parents whose kid was born 11/11/11 who named their kid something like Matthew Dovahkiin Lastname in exchange for getting all Bethesda games free forever?

No, last name isn't Wright, sadly.

Also just remembered someone else named their kid Huntress.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I went to school with a kid whose middle was Trouble. I never really believed him until seeing him on one of those mugshot websites. The one and only Keyiausha is on the same site. I feel bad for her since it's the only result for her name other than Google thinking you had a seizure while typing Keisha.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I have a couple of cousins (like second cousins a couple times removed or something? my mom's cousins grandkids) named Taite (girl) and Fraser (boy). Not Fraiser, Fraser--rhymes with racer. They're American but live in England and are raised by a Filipina nanny who hasn't seen her own children in years. Rich people, man.

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Adolf Hitler

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I have a couple of cousins (like second cousins a couple times removed or something? my mom's cousins grandkids) named Taite (girl) and Fraser (boy). Not Fraiser, Fraser--rhymes with racer. They're American but live in England and are raised by a Filipina nanny who hasn't seen her own children in years. Rich people, man.

Fraser in itself isn't terrible - it's last-naming your kid, sure, but that happens with other last names. Pronouncing it to rhyme with racer and not razor is odd, though.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Once upon a time, kids got last-named all the time. It was tradition or some such to name the first son the mother's maiden name.

Hence why in Pride and Prejudice, Fitzwilliam Darcy's mother's family is the Fitzwilliams.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

At secondary school I knew a guy called Tom Watkins and it shortened perfectly to Twatkins, and since there were a lot of guys called Tom that was what we ended up calling him. He wants to train as a doctor so one day I hope that his office will have "Dr T.Watkins, M.D." in a big brass plaque on the door. Also there was a girl called Kit Wan and the way the user accounts worked on the school computers, her username was wank.

Red Bones has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Mar 16, 2013

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I just remembered I went to high school with a guy named Francis Anthony Gross. Nothing wrong with his name, but his initials...

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
An old highschool friend of mine named her kids Beckett Daniel-Brennen [Lastname] and Ayzlin Illyria-Marie [Lastname]. Yowza.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I thought that last kid got off easy until I realized that "Yowza" was a separate sentence.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I really hope the girl's name is not pronounced like "tight".

Cactus-Piss
Oct 3, 2005

Did powering up involve getting a large black dick jammed in your ass?
I had the chance to meet a fellow named Richard Stryker

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

My great grandma, who was apparently pretty loving awesome, was named Iona and married a man with the last name Cox. It's a little off, but still Iona Cox.

fake edit: Cox is a very common last name, thank you.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
Crystal Cocks was a girl I went to highschool with, ironically she was caught with a glass dildo in her bag during class.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DemonDarkhorse posted:

An old highschool friend of mine named her kids Beckett Daniel-Brennen [Lastname] and Ayzlin Illyria-Marie [Lastname]. Yowza.

Would you believe that "Ayzlin" isn't the ugliest mangling of the name Aisling (pronounced "Ashlin") I've ever heard of? I have no idea how it's spelled, but a family friend used to work with someone whose name was pronounced Ay-za-leen. Yowza indeed.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Munnin The Crab posted:

Crystal Cocks was a girl I went to highschool with, ironically she was caught with a glass dildo in her bag during class.
This isn't the STDH thread. :colbert:

Agent THC-303 (DD)
Jul 14, 2002

It's my mission
Poor Guy. Once I looked at a memorial wall and the name was John B. Gay.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

sleeptalker posted:

I really hope the girl's name is not pronounced like "tight".

Nope, Taite rhymes with fate.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Had a friend in high school who went by Tri, his name was Victor Erickson III - I called his house once and asked for victor and got his dad because apparently it was a family nickname. Weird, but understandable I guess.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Nessa posted:

I was doing customer calls at work the other day and called up a guy named Reidar. I thought it was pronounced "Radar", but it was pronounced as "Rider".

Perfectly normal Norwegian name. If somewhat unfashionable at present (by default, I'd assume someone with that name would be an old geezer, although one of my middle school class mates was a Reidar).

Casual Male XL Fan
May 26, 2008

Joseph Stalin

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The soccer coach at my high school was named Peter Woodcock.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I work as a reservationist at a ski resort and I have to say that Rodney "Call Me Rod" Coonrod is either the best or worst name I've had yet. Crystal Bliss is another one, if only because they're dooming that kid to stripping.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
In my second year of college, I went through four roommates. Roommate #2 was named Brittley. With an L.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
Cross-posting from the odd local news story thread in GB, Diammond Sparckle Zedekeyah Lilly Ann Martin.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/451038/diammond-sparckle-11th-child-for-maryland-family/

And just recently had another daughter and called her Passion Brinessa Ajayla Quinatee Martin.

http://www.ivillage.com.au/the-best-baby-name-ever/160080

pug wearing a hat
May 29, 2012

please allow me to introduce myself i'm a man of wealth and taste
There's a real estate agent here named John John. Every time I see one of his signs I laugh.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

pug wearing a hat posted:

There's a real estate agent here named John John. Every time I see one of his signs I laugh.

This makes me think of women who change their names when they get married and end up with double names:

Bettie Bettis
Sally Sallee
Kristina Criss

I know I've come across more, but those are the only ones I can come up with off the top of my head.

Dekenai
Mar 11, 2009

Not a double name, but I lady I know got married and became Helen Bach (pronounced "back").

Also went to school with a girl called Beverly Hill, and met a Paige Turner.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

magic pantaloons posted:

Cross-posting from the odd local news story thread in GB, Diammond Sparckle Zedekeyah Lilly Ann Martin.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/451038/diammond-sparckle-11th-child-for-maryland-family/

And just recently had another daughter and called her Passion Brinessa Ajayla Quinatee Martin.

http://www.ivillage.com.au/the-best-baby-name-ever/160080

If you change the spelling, "Quinity" sounds cool to me for some reason, but not surrounded by so many other weird names. I'd use Quinity as a middle name if my daughter had a plain first name like Ann or something.

Why add the M to Diamond, though? Or the C to Sparkle? :(

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

I once did an assignment on the first Australian-born Governor General called Sir Issac Issacs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Isaacs

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

magic pantaloons posted:

I once did an assignment on the first Australian-born Governor General called Sir Issac Issacs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Isaacs

But you couldn't even spell either of his names right :(

Poor Isaacx2.

Tritanomalicious
Mar 14, 2008

A dog, A barrel... RIDICULOUS!

GabrielAisling posted:

In my second year of college, I went through four roommates. Roommate #2 was named Brittley. With an L.

I was reading through this thread, and was kinda bummed that I had nothing to contribute, but then this post reminded me.
In high school, I knew a girl that everyone called "Whitley". I thought it was just a case of being called by her last name, but when I got my yearbook, I found out it was indeed her first name. It's not super-strange, but either I've blocked out stupid names all my life or I just haven't been lucky enough to encounter them.

Also, my name is Krzysztof. It's an extremely common Polish name and is (obviously, I think) equivalent to Christopher, but unfortunately, it's difficult, if not impossible for a non-Slavic language speaker to pronounce. Usually, I get "Kristo" or "Kristoff". The latter is what most of my friends call me. One guy I went to high school with thought, for years, that my full name was "Kris Dof".

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Tritanomalicious posted:

Also, my name is Krzysztof. It's an extremely common Polish name and is (obviously, I think) equivalent to Christopher, but unfortunately, it's difficult, if not impossible for a non-Slavic language speaker to pronounce. Usually, I get "Kristo" or "Kristoff". The latter is what most of my friends call me. One guy I went to high school with thought, for years, that my full name was "Kris Dof".

Wait, if not Kristoff, how do you pronounce it? And seriously, what's with the Zs? You've got to admit somebody made a mistake with the thing about the Zs.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Some first names I've seen recently that stuck out as weird.

Trezher (like Treasure)
Alandalynn (Alanda rhymes with Amanda)
Marlye (Marley)
Jhase (Jace)
Eboine (Ebony)

And the wtf? name was Knorrowkoa - pronounced No-ro-co - all Os are long. A is apparently silent.

Bronz
Apr 24, 2010
The other day at work, I came across a form signed by a Tyranny Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

sweeperbravo posted:

If you change the spelling, "Quinity" sounds cool to me for some reason, but not surrounded by so many other weird names. I'd use Quinity as a middle name if my daughter had a plain first name like Ann or something.

Why add the M to Diamond, though? Or the C to Sparkle? :(

Because it's the Bogan way of making your child feel unique and special.

http://thingsboganslike.com/2009/10/29/13-misspelling-their-kids-names/

http://thingsboganslike.com/a-bogue-by-any-other-name/