Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
(Last Remnant PC)

Any tips on dealing with the Jhana Royals special encounter?

It appears in Heroic Ramparts once you've bound 50 treasure chests and have unlocked the Ring of the Labyrinth guild. The encounter is a ton of groups of Jhana - fighters, shaman and Magus, all in "boss mode" with hidden health and their most powerful stuff. I'm BR 55, and some of the combos they lay on can do nearly 5000 HP of damage - which is at least 800 more than even my toughest unions.

I lasted for a while on my first attempt, when I was split into 5 unions (it helped that I summoned Cyclops right away), but they wore me down and crushed me.

Regrouping into 4 unions didn't help much. After a couple aborted attempts, I tried ganging up, all 4 unions against the enemy Mage union, but usually one or two of my units get intercepted, and the Shaman union is also powerful enough to one-shot my unions. So is this something I need to come back at in like 20 levels?

EDIT: Also, I've gotten the Tablet, which seems to be something I can use to get more Summons by converting Remnants into talismans. I can think of a couple places to go to see if it works: Dillmore and Blackdale, but are there any places I should NOT try that on?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the Ar Tonelico games aren't the same kind of universe as the Atelier games at all.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm completely tolerant of anime, but man, I really can't stand the Ar Tonelico series. Or the Atelier series. Or anything Gust has ever made in their entire history. Everything they make has the same incredibly dull quality to them that make them a complete chore to play. Don't play Gust games.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Cake Attack posted:

Ar Tonelico is pretty bad and creepy, except 2, which is just mediocre and creepy.

What do you mean by creepy? I haven't played any of the Ar Tonelico games but I keep hearing this.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

LateToTheParty posted:

What do you mean by creepy? I haven't played any of the Ar Tonelico games but I keep hearing this.

A lot of different things about the setting lend themselves to a lot of innuendo. The games more then takes advantage of this, and more then a few characters are underaged.

Also, in Ar Tonelico 3, which is the really creepy one, your female characters cast stronger magic by stripping. And they have alternate forms, which also strip, and which are pretty much a checklist of fetishes. And like, one of them doesn't look underage. She is, she just doesn't look it. It's creepy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I'm completely tolerant of anime, but man, I really can't stand the Ar Tonelico series. Or the Atelier series. Or anything Gust has ever made in their entire history. Everything they make has the same incredibly dull quality to them that make them a complete chore to play. Don't play Gust games.
Listen man, let's hear Dr. Video Games 0001's opinion. :colbert:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

LateToTheParty posted:

I have not played any of these myself, but I did read Feinne's LP's of all three games, so you can check them out for yourself. He does shield the reader from some of the stuff though - for example, in the second game, the only way to get your casters to level up is to have them take baths with each other. But the third game is just the worst.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 17, 2013

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The first one is really not that bad. There's a lot of innuendo and it's Japanese as all get-out, but the characters are all likeable, the interactions are entertaining and there's nothing explicit whatsoever. It's goofy in all the right ways. It's supposedly kind of a chore to actually play, but it made for a really fun read, so I recommend looking at Feinne's LP that was just linked.

It's only downwards from there, though. Don't touch the other ones.

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

(Last Remnant PC)

It appears in Heroic Ramparts once you've bound 50 treasure chests and have unlocked the Ring of the Labyrinth guild. The encounter is a ton of groups of Jhana - fighters, shaman and Magus, all in "boss mode" with hidden health and their most powerful stuff. I'm BR 55, and some of the combos they lay on can do nearly 5000 HP of damage - which is at least 800 more than even my toughest unions.

I lasted for a while on my first attempt, when I was split into 5 unions (it helped that I summoned Cyclops right away), but they wore me down and crushed me.

Regrouping into 4 unions didn't help much. After a couple aborted attempts, I tried ganging up, all 4 unions against the enemy Mage union, but usually one or two of my units get intercepted, and the Shaman union is also powerful enough to one-shot my unions. So is this something I need to come back at in like 20 levels?

EDIT: Also, I've gotten the Tablet, which seems to be something I can use to get more Summons by converting Remnants into talismans. I can think of a couple places to go to see if it works: Dillmore and Blackdale, but are there any places I should NOT try that on?

Don't really remember that fight, I'd say just hope for Blackouts, GaeBolgs, and whatever screen clearing magic you got. If it's too much then just come back later when you have more hp.

Some of the remnants are part of other quests, and should be left alone until you are done with those, here is the wiki page on the Tablet: http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Tablet

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

(Last Remnant PC)

There are a few quests that get broken if you use it on remnants that are involved in the quest. The only one I can remember offhand is the Dead Heart in the one wooded area (Dark Woods?). Incidentally, that was what ended my first playthrough's attempt to get all the quests.

Edit: And that's what happens when you leave forum pages up and walk away for too long.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

(Last Remnant PC)

I don't think I ever did that fight. But if it's on a large field where you have to move closer for encounters, chances are you can just sit back and charge your AP all day and then start firing off Blackouts everywhere.

If not, always prioritize mage groups (especially ones using hexes). When those go down, life tends to get easier.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I've dug up some of my old PS2 games and I found my copy of Lord of the Rings: The Third Age which I recall enjoying a great deal. It was very similar, mechanically, to FFX but with the veneer of LotR. You play as another "Fellowship" that follows in the footsteps of the original, sort of weaving in and out of that story while creating another one.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone here had a .PSV they could send my way, something late in the game (or clear game, if that exists) so I can mess around with Evil Mode. GameFAQs doesn't seem to have one for the US Version aside from an Max save that isn't anywhere close to that.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I'm pretty excited about this, Suikogaiden Volume 1 has been completely translated by fans. I mean, I'm less excited than I would have been ten years ago, but I'm still gonna give it a go!

http://ramsus-kun.webs.com/Suikogaiden/Home.htm

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wendell posted:

I'm pretty excited about this, Suikogaiden Volume 1 has been completely translated by fans. I mean, I'm less excited than I would have been ten years ago, but I'm still gonna give it a go!

http://ramsus-kun.webs.com/Suikogaiden/Home.htm

Holy gently caress, I don't even know where my copy is. I need to track it down so I can try this

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
I'm really enjoying The Last Remnant so far for PC, I haven't picked up a Square title since FF13 on release and I'm glad I haven't been steered wrong with this one thus far :kiddo:

Any other good RPGs like this one available on Steam?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Okay there's no Saga thread, right? I'm not sure if the FF thread allows Saga discussion so I'm going to post about this here.

I've started playing Unlimited Saga and I can already see this game destroying me. I'm trying to learn as much as possible on my own rather than resorting to the tutorial videos on youtube(except in emergencies) and I've come up with some questions:

1. Does the positioning of panels on the growth screen thing matter?
2. What is a combo? I found a combo list in the status menu. Are these just preprogrammed lists of actions I can somehow select in combat?
3. Is it possible to "learn" a spell permanently?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

1. Does the positioning of panels on the growth screen thing matter?
2. What is a combo? I found a combo list in the status menu. Are these just preprogrammed lists of actions I can somehow select in combat?
3. Is it possible to "learn" a spell permanently?

I'm so pleased to be able to answer this post, you have no idea.

1. Yes. To borrow from one of the major FAQs:

code:
    (10)   (01)   (02)
 (09)  [TL]    [TR]  (03)
    [ML]   [MI]   [MR]
 (08)  [BL]    [BR]  (04)
    (07)   (06)   (05)

(Numbers are stats, [TL] etc are hexes.)

Top Left Panel: It affects Stats 9, 10 and 1.
Top Right Panel: It affects Stats 1, 2 and 3.
Middle Left Panel: It affects stats 7, 8, 9 and 10
Middle Panel: It affects all stats.
Middle Right Panel: It affects stats 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Bottom Left Panel: It affects stats 6, 7, and 8.
Bottom Right Panel: It affects stats 4, 5 and 6.
Remember also that different characters have different affinities with a specific stat, which will also modify how much they affect it. The type of panel matters as well - if you want to raise Stat 9 and it's an ability stat, not an elemental stat, place down a nice weapon tile. (Punch and Kick are perfect.) If you want to raise elemental stats, stick Fortuneteller or a Magic Tablet in there. There are also bonuses you can get for making lines of the same tile type, or pretty triangles!

2. Combos have a chance of occuring when you successfully use the HOLD option on the reels to delay multiple attacks together, and don't get interrupted by the enemy's turn in the process. The best way to ensure you're going to fire off a combo is to have a mage act first with a spell - spells are tremendously slow, so all the enemies will get to go first, but then the rest of your guys will be ready to act immediately and simultaneously. They get listed in that screen, and the more you use a specific one the stronger it'll get.

3. Yes. Every so often you'll find a Magic Tablet in an adventure, usually by defeating a chest mimic. This will show up at the end of the adventure as a Growth Panel, good for elemental stats, bad for ability stats. Place it on someone. When you start a new adventure, go to the status screen and there'll be a Magic Tablet option, which will let you pick which tablet you want that character to study. Then, use magic in battle repeatedly. After each battle in which that character used some magic, you'll be shown the tablet and three spells and get to pick one of them. Depending on the magic used and the element of the land at the time, it'll gain an amount of XP. Fill out the bar, and you've learnt it permanently.

Isn't Unlimited SaGa simple and fun?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
The thread specifically for the game seems pretty dead, so if anyone has played Elminage: Original for the PSP, can they give me some tips what I should be doing in regards to crafting and equipment early on? I don't really feel like I am upgrading my party all that much and it is starting to get rough (cleared Mirror Marsh and 2nd Floor of Kraida Cave, as well as most of the Forest)

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

I'm so pleased to be able to answer this post, you have no idea.

1. Yes. To borrow from one of the major FAQs:

code:
    (10)   (01)   (02)
 (09)  [TL]    [TR]  (03)
    [ML]   [MI]   [MR]
 (08)  [BL]    [BR]  (04)
    (07)   (06)   (05)

(Numbers are stats, [TL] etc are hexes.)

Top Left Panel: It affects Stats 9, 10 and 1.
Top Right Panel: It affects Stats 1, 2 and 3.
Middle Left Panel: It affects stats 7, 8, 9 and 10
Middle Panel: It affects all stats.
Middle Right Panel: It affects stats 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Bottom Left Panel: It affects stats 6, 7, and 8.
Bottom Right Panel: It affects stats 4, 5 and 6.
Remember also that different characters have different affinities with a specific stat, which will also modify how much they affect it. The type of panel matters as well - if you want to raise Stat 9 and it's an ability stat, not an elemental stat, place down a nice weapon tile. (Punch and Kick are perfect.) If you want to raise elemental stats, stick Fortuneteller or a Magic Tablet in there. There are also bonuses you can get for making lines of the same tile type, or pretty triangles!

2. Combos have a chance of occuring when you successfully use the HOLD option on the reels to delay multiple attacks together, and don't get interrupted by the enemy's turn in the process. The best way to ensure you're going to fire off a combo is to have a mage act first with a spell - spells are tremendously slow, so all the enemies will get to go first, but then the rest of your guys will be ready to act immediately and simultaneously. They get listed in that screen, and the more you use a specific one the stronger it'll get.

3. Yes. Every so often you'll find a Magic Tablet in an adventure, usually by defeating a chest mimic. This will show up at the end of the adventure as a Growth Panel, good for elemental stats, bad for ability stats. Place it on someone. When you start a new adventure, go to the status screen and there'll be a Magic Tablet option, which will let you pick which tablet you want that character to study. Then, use magic in battle repeatedly. After each battle in which that character used some magic, you'll be shown the tablet and three spells and get to pick one of them. Depending on the magic used and the element of the land at the time, it'll gain an amount of XP. Fill out the bar, and you've learnt it permanently.

Isn't Unlimited SaGa simple and fun?

A-ha, thanks so much for this. I have a character in my party(I'm playing as... Laura I think?) who actually started with a tablet, so that's convenient. The inconvenient part is that I'm so mad about my stupid panel placements that I'm probably starting over. Is there a way to see where enemies will fall in the turn order? I have no concept of how fast they are.

Also, this is more specific but I can't figure out what the heck this panel does, can you tell me?:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure there's no way to look up turn order, you just kind of have to guess and get a feel for it. Luckily, if you lead off with a spell on its own, once you finally get a second action there's like a 90% chance all the enemies will have acted and you can just HOLD the other four characters together. They're that slow.

Maharaja does exactly what it says on the tin, and ups all the prices in a shop. All this will do is let you build up your market rank faster, which is based on the amount of gold you sink into shops. There's an option that lets you use shop and item skills while you're looking at the shop menu, I think.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 4, 2013

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Stelas posted:

Maharaja does exactly what it says on the tin, and ups all the prices in a shop. All this will do is let you build up your market rank faster, which is based on the amount of gold you sink into shops. There's an option that lets you use shop and item skills while you're looking at the shop menu, I think.
... Speaking as somebody who doesn't own this game, is there a reason you'd want to do this over buying more things? :psyduck:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
If I recall correctly, shops had limited quantities of items if you didn't head out to adventure or something between checks.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, kind of. We're not talking consumables here, we're talking weapons and armor with finite uses and specific materials, where later materials and better durability stuff are significantly more desirable than crap copper stuff.

I mean, it's not a skill I'd ever use but there is kind of a reason. Also, I think it's pretty good for stats - Unlimited Saga has several types of panel that will give you awful skills or lock you out of certain skills, but that are absolutely phenomenal for stat building.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
My reaction to everything in this game so far is "...Huh." It's like having the flow of a Dota match explained to you for the first time.

This is a PS2 RPG so I'm sure it's 140 hours long and will keep me occupied, but do you guys have anything to say about the other Saga games? I think I might end up playing them. The only one(if you want to count it) that I've played is The Last Remnant which I didn't like too much, though I could give it another chance. If I went back to, say, Romancing Saga, would I be better off with a fan translation of the SNES version or the PS2 version that came out here?

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 4, 2013

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

This is only the start. Wait 'til you try to figure out the crafting system in an attempt to explain why exactly grafting a feather to an iron sword turned the whole thing into cloth. Or why you want one version of Steel, but not the other version of Steel.

Also, if you do restart to try to salvage your panels, go in with an idea of which stats you want to dump for a given character. You have to place a panel after every adventure, so it's useful to just go 'this hex is my lovely dump hex where I will throw and constantly overwrite anything bad'. Basically look for 1 or 2 affinity stats.

e: Last Remnant is easily my favorite Saga-esque game of recent times, but Romancing Saga PS2 is pretty drat solid and even tries to explain the mechanics. They'll both be super-simple compared to US.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

My reaction to everything in this game so far is "...Huh." It's like having the flow of a Dota match explained to you for the first time.

This is a PS2 RPG so I'm sure it's 140 hours long and will keep me occupied, but do you guys have anything to say about the other Saga games? I think I might end up playing them. The only one(if you want to count it) that I've played is The Last Remnant which I didn't like too much, though I could give it another chance. If I went back to, say, Romancing Saga, would I be better off with a fan translation of the SNES version or the PS2 version that came out here?

Unlimited Saga is very, very mechanically dense. I enjoyed the game once I got past the learning curve (cliff) but it's not for everyone. It's gorgeous and has a great soundtrack and a pretty fun story, but getting to it can be punishing. If you want a quick(ish) primer, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1brcx4bDoFY. There are 10 videos in all, each one going over, in detail, how certain mechanics work. If you're already in and you want to go all in, I'd recommend checking them out.

As Stelas said, Last Remnant is a great game in the Saga vein but you control platoons of characters instead of individual ones. It's pretty neat. The story is barely there and the game is mostly about sidequests though. Plus it's almost always on sale on Steam so you can get it for less than 5-10 bucks there.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Not to mention you should be buying the PC version because it's so far removed and better than the 360 version it's untrue.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
SaGa Frontier is still my favorite SaGa game admittedly mostly because of the aesthetic. If you're interested in playing a PS1 game with really cute prerendered graphics then you could try it out. It's basically the opposite of Unlimited Saga: it's fake 3d vs fake 2d, and the gameplay is quite simple while the story is incredibly nonlinear to the point of not knowing where to go next. But that's the fun of it I think, in exploring the cute world that was quite massive for it's time.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wouldn't really go so far as to call Frontier's gameplay 'simple'. In comparison to Unlimited, yeah, but there's a lot of depth beneath the simpler-seeming front end. The sparking, combo, and monster mechanics are obtuse enough to warrant huge :spergin: writeups and spreadsheets. I still don't understand how leveling/scaling works, and I've played through that game at least a dozen times. And then there's Riki.

And I still love it so much. :allears:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Saga Frontier 2 is relatively light on the :spergin: and tells its sprawling story in a pretty novel way.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I have The Last Remnant on Steam. I gave it what I think is a pretty substantial chance (about 10 hours or so IIRC) but I ended up not liking it because I thought it was a pretty shallow game, mechanically speaking, but without any charm to back it up. I realize I could certainly wrong because it's really popular with some people I know(not even just goons), so I plan to try again some day. So far though I'm actually having a lot more fun just trying to figure out Unlimited Saga(about 2-2.5 hours so far, so just starting out).

nene. posted:

SaGa Frontier is still my favorite SaGa game admittedly mostly because of the aesthetic. If you're interested in playing a PS1 game with really cute prerendered graphics then you could try it out. It's basically the opposite of Unlimited Saga: it's fake 3d vs fake 2d, and the gameplay is quite simple while the story is incredibly nonlinear to the point of not knowing where to go next. But that's the fun of it I think, in exploring the cute world that was quite massive for it's time.

That sounds pretty interesting to me.

The thing that kind of frustrates me about a lot of more complex JRPGs is that they have a lot of very complex mechanics that work... more or less behind the scenes. My problem is not so much that they aren't visible enough, though that's part of it, it's that I think sometimes these designers go nuts making systems that the player can't actually do anything with. Sid Meier has this motto for game design: "Let the player have the fun". The point being that if you're making a game where the computer is doing a million complex simulations but the player isn't making meaningful decisions to match, you've designed a game where the computer is having fun, or the designer is having fun, but the player isn't. In some cases this can be cool, but for the most part it just annoys me. That's the crux of what got me with The Last Remnant. I don't really care how many spreadsheets you need to express how skillups work if all it means to me is "wait it out", or "always choose this guy and never that other guy", or something like that.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

dis astranagant posted:

Saga Frontier 2 is relatively light on the :spergin: and tells its sprawling story in a pretty novel way.

Saga Frontier 2 is a great game up to the very end. I'm having flashbacks right now. All I see is steel. So much steel. Oh there's an egg.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

NewtGoongrich posted:

Saga Frontier 2 is a great game up to the very end. I'm having flashbacks right now. All I see is steel. So much steel. Oh there's an egg.

I always liked that part story wise. Who knew that an army who used entirely steel armor and weapons would crush people using wood and stone.

Didn't make it easier to play though. :gonk:

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The thing that kind of frustrates me about a lot of more complex JRPGs is that they have a lot of very complex mechanics that work... more or less behind the scenes. My problem is not so much that they aren't visible enough, though that's part of it, it's that I think sometimes these designers go nuts making systems that the player can't actually do anything with. Sid Meier has this motto for game design: "Let the player have the fun". The point being that if you're making a game where the computer is doing a million complex simulations but the player isn't making meaningful decisions to match, you've designed a game where the computer is having fun, or the designer is having fun, but the player isn't. In some cases this can be cool, but for the most part it just annoys me. That's the crux of what got me with The Last Remnant. I don't really care how many spreadsheets you need to express how skillups work if all it means to me is "wait it out", or "always choose this guy and never that other guy", or something like that.

Thing is that perfectly describes Akitoshi Kawazu (the guy behind the SaGa games). He's sooo far up his own rear end when it comes to game design and it really is him messing around with w/e kind of new system that he can make and then how well he can obscure it from the player. He's always been interested in making things as mysterious and random for the player as possible. In SaGa games the usual choices in gameplay are the most basic and straightforward: Which character(s) to use and what weapon or magic to focus on. The stats and skills will all follow from those choices and not much metagaming and min-maxing is necessary or even possible in most cases. Unlimited Saga is about the only one that forces you to really learn how to manipulate the stats and why.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Wow Suikoden III takes 1000000 hours to complete.

So, I've never played Suikoden IV. I've heard many things about it being bad. Can someone tell me why it is bad and if it is worth it to play for someone who has never touched it before? I don't care about spoilers or anything.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

GulagDolls posted:

So, I've never played Suikoden IV. I've heard many things about it being bad. Can someone tell me why it is bad and if it is worth it to play for someone who has never touched it before? I don't care about spoilers or anything.

I never played Suikoden 4 either, but you just reminded me that it's a dead series and we'll never get the Yuber vs. Pesmerga fight. And although 4 was bad, don't skip on 5. 5 is great.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The only reason anyone should play 4 is to give Tactics some more context, but frankly it doesn't need it. Tactics rules all on its own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

Suikoden IV is a slow game with ugly graphics, a dumb plot, a wasted setting and in general is just does everything wrong. Move on to 5.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Pesmerga is Yuber's dad.

Alrighty, will do. It's a shame, though, cause the rune of punishment seemed kind of cool. Reminded me of the Soul Eater, which is the best true rune. Boy am I sick of all these true elemental runes. They're suuuuuper boring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I'm going to start my first play through of Arcanum soon; I've got the GOG version and seen the modding thread there, so I'll patch up. One thing though, I hear the combat is pretty unbalanced, favouring magic and backstab over melee, guns, and tech. Are there any good balance mods that make tech and guns viable? I'd like some challenge in the combat rather than every encounter being trivialised. Or are there any builds I should go for that make the combat challenging yet not a chore?