Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I will agree that it's weird it can't work with Labels. But it's also a 1.0 release, I guess.

That said, if that's your only beef, you can permanently fix it in 5 minutes.

In Mailbox, make new lists.
Lets say you had a Label in GMail called Invoices. In the Mailbox App make a List called Invoices.

Go back to Gmail, find your old Invoices label, select all messages in it, mass move to the new label called Mailbox/Invoices.

Once done, delete your old Invoices label. Use the new one in Gmail and the list in Mailbox forevermore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Feenix posted:

I will agree that it's weird it can't work with Labels. But it's also a 1.0 release, I guess.

That said, if that's your only beef, you can permanently fix it in 5 minutes.

In Mailbox, make new lists.
Lets say you had a Label in GMail called Invoices. In the Mailbox App make a List called Invoices.

Go back to Gmail, find your old Invoices label, select all messages in it, mass move to the new label called Mailbox/Invoices.

Once done, delete your old Invoices label. Use the new one in Gmail and the list in Mailbox forevermore.

Or you can just nest your existing labels under the Mailbox label and it'll work that way.

Hopewell
Nov 29, 2004

I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork.

benisntfunny posted:

I already use Fever with Reeder. It's okay. I think the app needs work but it's a good alternative to Google Reader

http://www.feedafever.com/

I can never get mine to work with Fever. And my emails to their support address have gone unanswered for months. But Reeder is theoretically great.

kerrhyphen
Jul 19, 2010

Disaster Ace

I'm looking for a good check splitting and tax and tip calculating app. I've been using Billr, but NYC tax is 8.875% and Billr only seems to handle .25% increments.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

kerrhyphen posted:

I'm looking for a good check splitting and tax and tip calculating app. I've been using Billr, but NYC tax is 8.875% and Billr only seems to handle .25% increments.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but give Soulver a look: http://www.acqualia.com/soulver/iphone/

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Can someone recommend a presentation app for iPhone? My laptop sucks and I have a 30-pin to vga adaptor for my iPhone 4 so I would like to do a school presentation using it. Slides would be basic but I also need a way to show youtube videos.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Housh posted:

Can someone recommend a presentation app for iPhone? My laptop sucks and I have a 30-pin to vga adaptor for my iPhone 4 so I would like to do a school presentation using it. Slides would be basic but I also need a way to show youtube videos.

Keynote might be able to do that. Not sure on Youtube vids though.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm out of iCloud space, are there any free backup alternatives? I guess I could disable Photo backups considering they also backup to Dropbox.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I'm out of iCloud space, are there any free backup alternatives? I guess I could disable Photo backups considering they also backup to Dropbox.

The Copy app which I posted here some time ago is really great. This is my referral link: https://copy.com?r=y3NpfU -- if you use it, we'll both get an extra 5GB of space (so you'll have 10GB instead of 5).

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

To answer my question about presentations: I found this amazing app called SlideShark (https://www.slideshark.com/). It lets you upload powerpoint presentations then formats them perfectly for your iOS device and it downloads it and plays it on your iPhone through their app. It's totally free and is exactly what I wanted. You tap to next slide and it has a built in YouTube video viewer.

It's absolutely perfect for people like me who don't want to lug around a laptop just to hook it up to the projector and show powerpoint presentations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Live Score Addict 2 is coming out March 28th. They're posting screens on their Facebook page and it's looking pretty great.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Is there a better app for google voice than the official app? It's terrible about updating its badge/read status.

Unrelated: autocorrect capitalizes Home Depot but not google. Rivalry!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I'm going on a big long hike in Scotland next week, and I've got a list of hundreds of locations we want to see. Trouble is they wont fit on any of my paper maps and I don't really want to scribble on them anyway. So, I want to use my phone instead. Can anyone recommend a mapping app for the iPhone that works offline without any internet connection, has maps that cover the whole of Scotland (ie wilderness and not just roads), has decent GPS capabilities, and lets me place my own points of interest? I don't need it to figure out routes or tell me about traffic, cos there won't be any!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Now that quite a few of you either have or have had Mailbox on your phone, I have a question. Did you notice that it wasn't updating you in a timely manner to new emails?

All my settings are set up fine in Notificatons & Notification Center, however I will, like, manually open my Mailbox app at, say around 8pm on a given night and find I've received about 8 emails in the last 30min to an hour...

And sometimes it updates me immediately.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Is it because they are a server middleman? Are THEY the bottleneck?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
FYI: There is an official XBMC remote app in the app store now. It's way faster than XBMC Commander or Constellation as far as my experience goes. It's also FREE.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 18, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

PFlats posted:

Is there a better app for google voice than the official app? It's terrible about updating its badge/read status.

No, I don't think there is.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Finally got mailbox. As a messy no-lists gmail user, it's working out perfectly for me. In fact I may even get more organized with the lists feature it has.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Feenix posted:

Now that quite a few of you either have or have had Mailbox on your phone, I have a question. Did you notice that it wasn't updating you in a timely manner to new emails?

All my settings are set up fine in Notificatons & Notification Center, however I will, like, manually open my Mailbox app at, say around 8pm on a given night and find I've received about 8 emails in the last 30min to an hour...

And sometimes it updates me immediately.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Is it because they are a server middleman? Are THEY the bottleneck?

I haven't noticed this myself, but I'd say that they are the most likely bottleneck.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

FYI: There is an official XBMC app in the app store now. It's way faster than XBMC Commander or Constellation as far as my experience goes. It's also FREE.

Do you mean having the full XBMC or a XBMC remote? Because the remote app has been out forever, but I would love to run XBMC on my iPhone without jailbreaking my phone.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Bucket Joneses posted:

FYI: There is an official XBMC app in the app store now. It's way faster than XBMC Commander or Constellation as far as my experience goes. It's also FREE.

Mind linking it? I gave the app store a quick glance but I didn't see anything new.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

1Password seems to be a really popular app for iOS, what makes the service its self better than something like LastPass? Do people gravitate toward 1Password due to the superior iOS app or is it something else?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

1Password seems to be a really popular app for iOS, what makes the service its self better than something like LastPass? Do people gravitate toward 1Password due to the superior iOS app or is it something else?

No idea about 1Password, but I use LastPass - mostly just for regular browsing. It has an iOS app that I've used now and then. No issues there. I'm not sure which one people gravitate to, but LastPass is solid with 2-step authentication.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Virtue posted:

Mind linking it? I gave the app store a quick glance but I didn't see anything new.

Sorry, here's the link!

IUG posted:

Do you mean having the full XBMC or a XBMC remote? Because the remote app has been out forever, but I would love to run XBMC on my iPhone without jailbreaking my phone.

Sorry, I meant remote. And an officially released remote hasn't been in the store until very recently. Here is the wiki.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PFlats posted:

There were extensions for both texting and calling via Google Voice if you jailbroke the phone but they currently don't support iOS6. The developer is in the process of making them open source so someone else can bring them up to date but aside from that there's nothing better as far as support goes.

The extensions were really loving good and worth jailbreaking for if you use GV.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

Sorry, here's the link!

Sorry, I meant remote. And an officially released remote hasn't been in the store until very recently. Here is the wiki.

I've had that very program for months now, at least two. I've even been getting updates for it from the App store application on my phone. I'm not sure how it's "new" now.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Then you're on the cutting edge of technology and you should just go along your merry way. I was just trying to inform people who may not have noticed it was released.

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I dunno - mostly it has traction. The folks who make it seem to know what they are doing and are likely to still be around in 5+ years. It's a nice system once you have it all configured on desktop + mobile + iPad.

At this point, every password I use is unique, random, and I don't even know a single one of them. Password leaks like recent cases with twitter, evernote, etc are nothing more than minor inconveniences.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Bucket Joneses posted:

Then you're on the cutting edge of technology and you should just go along your merry way. I was just trying to inform people who may not have noticed it was released.
A look at the version release history on the store page implies that it's been out since May 2012.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Question Mark Mound posted:

A look at the version release history on the store page implies that it's been out since May 2012.

I posted it about in the new XBMC thread a month or so ago and thought it was new as well. :shobon:

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Lexicon posted:

I dunno - mostly it has traction. The folks who make it seem to know what they are doing and are likely to still be around in 5+ years. It's a nice system once you have it all configured on desktop + mobile + iPad.

At this point, every password I use is unique, random, and I don't even know a single one of them. Password leaks like recent cases with twitter, evernote, etc are nothing more than minor inconveniences.

Yeah, I bought 1Password when it was on sale a few weeks ago and it's great. I've got unique passwords for every major account and the only ones I have to remember are Gmail, Dropbox, 1Password, and my Apple ID.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
I just use MiniKeepass. It's free.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

the kawaiiest posted:

I just use MiniKeepass. It's free.

Seconding. Works fine for me.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I also use MiniKeepass (w/ an FTP account and GoodReader for syncing).

It's really nice a) not having to remember your passwords b) knowing your passwords are 100% random c) knowing if a site is compromised, it only affects one password.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
Are there any NES emulators for iOS that don't require a jailbreak? I'll go down that road if I need to, just thought I would check first.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nayato posted:

Are there any NES emulators for iOS that don't require a jailbreak? I'll go down that road if I need to, just thought I would check first.

No. If you do jailbreak, NES.emu is by far the best one.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I went ahead an made a iPhone Wallpaper Thread if you'd care to head over there and post some pretty wallpapers.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I just released version 1.1 (a huge design overhaul) of my pop culture destination app, PopSpotter, and as usual, I'd like to toss some free copies your way. It finds locations near you that have been filmed in (or referenced by) movies and TV shows. It's still US only (well, at least in usefulness).

AJ3ATKMRMEYE
6JXMKN7FT7WE
NTJTFEJHYNJJ
F4LYR77W996R
YXMKPM4PMP4F
3LPP964AY4W6
Y7EKWLTE3H4W
TLFKRPWJREPY
FX6FLT9X4AWA
R9WLP4FHMLP6
JLMJM99AX7Y7
7N46K6YTHFEL
4X3PFPT9RYL3
WM33E6TM3FA6
YR69KXYJW77Y
PR6TLE9NLA9J
K3HMMFX46TH4
HPNMYAPWM7KT
RHP37XM93337
LJAXLWL97M9Y

Enjoy! Any feedback is appreciated, and please pass it along to your friends if you like it.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Took AJ3ATKMRMEYE, thanks! Really cool app.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006
Took 3LPP964AY4W6. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Used 6JXMKN7FT7WE thanks!

• Locked thread