Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I believe that the water is all added in digitally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

SheepNameKiller posted:

I believe that the water is all added in digitally.

Including the water you think you're riding through.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

graybook posted:

Including the water you think you're riding through.

I think this one is a tad subtle.. Is it a pun based on the name of that type of ship or something? Or is it super obvious and I am just dense?

vvvv Oh. I guess it's the latter then! I do enjoy a good pun, thanks :haw:

Meis has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Mar 18, 2013

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Meis posted:

I think this one is a tad subtle.. Is it a pun based on the name of that type of ship or something? Or is it super obvious and I am just dense?
Censorship.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
I thought the joke was riding Splash Mountain alone seems really sad.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Stormageddon posted:

I thought the joke was riding Splash Mountain alone seems really sad.

Nah it's the fuckin best when you're at a theme park and nobody is there because it just rained or whatever and you get to go on rides like 20 times in a row :getin:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

nigga crab pollock posted:

Nah it's the fuckin best when you're at a theme park and nobody is there because it just rained or whatever and you get to go on rides like 20 times in a row :getin:

I had that happen at Cedar Point once. It was roller coaster heaven.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

nigga crab pollock posted:

Closing day at Knott's Berry Farm/Paramount's Great America 1996 or '97 was a ghost town. My Mom won some money in a raffle and my brother and I must have gone on Top Gun 10 times at least as well as various other coasters.

They also had some props from Star Trek: TNG which looked pretty shabby compared to how they were on screen but still cool.

Apparently Top Gun now has the generic name Flight Deck since the park changed hands.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Edit: Removed image.

I have never seen the image before. I thought it was funny, and I genuinely did not know it was a meme or whatever.

mrkillboy has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Mar 19, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cough, cough.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It was a funny image to me. Don't be such a goddamn narc and relax.
(drunk post)

EDIT: you probably didnt want anyone to get probated. Actually that's noble. forget what I said.

RoyKeen has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Mar 19, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

prefect posted:

Are there eyeballs on the front of the log-thing he's riding in?

The ride is "based" on Song Of The South. That's Brer Rabbit on the front of that one.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Kheldarn posted:

The ride is "based" on Song Of The South. That's Brer Rabbit on the front of that one.
Disney has so many great rides based on movies that it now considers too edgy to distribute. Like Mr. Toad's Wild ride, where you get drunk, drive, get arrested, break out of jail and race through hell.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Disney has so many great rides based on movies that it now considers too edgy to distribute. Like Mr. Toad's Wild ride, where you get drunk, drive, get arrested, break out of jail and race through hell.

It's only at Disneyland, now. They closed that down at Walt Disney World in 1998, and replaced it with The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh. It extra stinks, because the WDW version had 2 boarding areas, and therefore, 2 different rides.

Also closed is 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, replaced with Journey Under The Sea With The Little Mermaid, and most recently, Snow White's Scary Adventures. The new Snow White ride will be the Seven Dwarves Mine Train in the New Fantasyland expansion.

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I want to see a live action adaptation of Redwall now

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

syscall girl posted:

Closing day at Knott's Berry Farm/Paramount's Great America 1996 or '97 was a ghost town. My Mom won some money in a raffle and my brother and I must have gone on Top Gun 10 times at least as well as various other coasters.

They also had some props from Star Trek: TNG which looked pretty shabby compared to how they were on screen but still cool.

Apparently Top Gun now has the generic name Flight Deck since the park changed hands.

Top Gun at Carowinds on the North/South Carolina border was renamed After Burn once it left Paramount ownership. I think the Borg Assimilator ride was renamed Nighthawk, and there're other renamings that went down. Neat how attractions' names change.

Content: link only due to potential :nws:-ish? http://i.imgur.com/JdMsR.jpg I'm playing my cards safe.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

graybook posted:

Top Gun at Carowinds on the North/South Carolina border was renamed After Burn once it left Paramount ownership. I think the Borg Assimilator ride was renamed Nighthawk, and there're other renamings that went down. Neat how attractions' names change.

Yep, sure is neat how I can't watch First Contact in line for the Assimilator anymore, and how all those nifty decorations are gone.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I was going to ask where Dr. Blofeld's facial scar is, but I guess plastic surgeon wouldn't have one, would he?

gingersmurf
Feb 21, 2007

I am Nigeria's bitch.

This is simultaneously the most adorable and the most awesome photo ever. I wanna meet that kid.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brother Jonathan posted:

I was going to ask where Dr. Blofeld's facial scar is, but I guess plastic surgeon wouldn't have one, would he?

I'm pretty sure Blofeld wasn't a doctor. And it wouldn't be the first time he'd dramatically changed his appearance.

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!
Macros/Memes are not allowed, sorry about that!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Steve Holt! posted:

Is this where everyone starts posting Space Mutiny names? I think that happens every time the picture is posted.

I think mods put a stop to that, but we had definitely settled on Chest Treetruck being his official name.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

DeepBlue posted:

that cat with text
might want to move that to the meme thread man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

prefect posted:

I'm pretty sure Blofeld wasn't a doctor. And it wouldn't be the first time he'd dramatically changed his appearance.

Interestingly enough there's precedence in the original books about Blofeld never looking the same twice. Whenever his plan would be foiled by Bond he would go out and get extreme plastic surgery to avoid being recognized.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

We need an amazing pictures thread.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

There's this http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3255771&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=110

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"My friend threw a party at his parents house. Cops came, girl fell through the ceiling"

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

sticklefifer posted:

I think mods put a stop to that, but we had definitely settled on Chest Treetruck being his official name.

That's not how you spell Slab Bulkhead.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Meet bootleg Michelangelo, complete with pentagram head :stare:

And Bootleg Donatello. :q:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ema Nymton has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Mar 20, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How do I know if it's broken or not I don't read programming code. I get the basic idea but that second image might be what that board does all the time anyway for all I know.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It's an XKCD joke.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Krinkle posted:

How do I know if it's broken or not I don't read programming code. I get the basic idea but that second image might be what that board does all the time anyway for all I know.
It's using SQL injection which basically works by putting code into inputs. A program is expecting something normal to be added, but you basically jump out of normal data and force it to execute code. A properly written program will sanitize inputs and not allow this to happen. I assume that they're banking on the camera transcribing their license plate, grabbing the whole thing, and basically telling a database something like
code:
addCar( 'ZU 0666', 0, 0 ); DROP DATABASE TABLE ICE;
Normally it would just read in the license plate and add the other parameters on their own, and just do
code:
addCar( 'ZU 0666', 0, 0 );
on its own. I assume whoever is driving that car has some inside knowledge as to how the camera system works because otherwise there's a pretty small chance that they're escaping properly and/or deleting a table that exists. Assuming that what they have is valid, that DROP DATABASE TABLE ICE bit would wipe out the records.

While it could be an XKCD joke SQL injection isn't really at all unknown so it's probably unrelated.

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Mar 20, 2013

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011
Well, the board still told him/her to slow down.

I looked it up and that's just a generic photo of a speed camera display, not connected in any way to a third picture. That code would probably have the same effect as covering your plates with a piece of tape.

stefania_r has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Mar 20, 2013

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Elysiume posted:

I assume whoever is driving that car has some inside knowledge as to how the camera system works because otherwise there's a pretty small chance that they're escaping properly and/or deleting a table that exists. Assuming that what they have is valid, that DROP DATABASE TABLE ICE bit would wipe out the records.

While it could be an XKCD joke SQL injection isn't really at all unknown so it's probably unrelated.

If it's not an XKCD joke (which it almost certainly is), it's at least a nerdy nerd joke and definitely not an earnest attempt at SQL injecting. The drat camera will only even read the center part anyway because it's looking for license plates, not enormous strings.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

If it's not an XKCD joke (which it almost certainly is), it's at least a nerdy nerd joke and definitely not an earnest attempt at SQL injecting. The drat camera will only even read the center part anyway because it's looking for license plates, not enormous strings.

How is it an XKCD joke? I thought the only joke he made about SQL injection was naming a kid, he didn't invent the idea.

• Locked thread