Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Irealsms is pretty decent but more expensive I think. I had issues with multiple incoming texts sending me into safe mode but it hasn't happened for a whole. Not sure if it was a conflicting app or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Any one experience issues with TetherMe on 6.1.2? I bought it, but it says 'TetherMe not loaded' when I click on it in Settings.app and the 'Set Up Personal Hotspot' button doesn't work.

In General > Cellular , it does add the 'Cellular Data Network' option, which wasn't there before. But nothing seems to work.

I've emailed the developer (haven't heard back yet) but thought I'd cast a line here to see if anyone knows what's up.

edit: No sooner than 1 minute after hitting Submit Post, the developer e-mailed me with the recommendation of removing Location Spoofer. It doesn't work with my firmware anyway, actually. I removed Location Spoofer, rebooted the phone, and TetherMe is working as it should now! Fabulous.

decypher fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 16, 2013

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

randyest posted:

You want to battery manage an iPad? With that big honking battery?

It does more than that- toggle management, for example.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
An app just appeared in Cydia called "FLEX" which apparently allows for tweak creation on the phone itself with sharing through a cloud. I'm confident this will be a way to allow for a toggle for iTunes Match, with the functionality being disabling display all music, limiting to only displaying what is downloaded to the device.

There's a lot to chew through, though, and I'm no programmer so if anyone can make sense of the program, gimme a road map?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Blimpkin posted:

An app just appeared in Cydia called "FLEX" which apparently allows for tweak creation on the phone itself with sharing through a cloud. I'm confident this will be a way to allow for a toggle for iTunes Match, with the functionality being disabling display all music, limiting to only displaying what is downloaded to the device.

There's a lot to chew through, though, and I'm no programmer so if anyone can make sense of the program, gimme a road map?

Flex has existed for a while. I don't use it, but tons of people rave about it.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Blimpkin posted:

I'm confident this will be a way to allow for a toggle for iTunes Match, with the functionality being disabling display all music, limiting to only displaying what is downloaded to the device.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can do that right now in iOS 6.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

1997 posted:

We'd like a toggle for it outside of Settings-Music.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

1997 posted:

Of course you can, but what I'm hoping is a way to do it without having to go through the settings menu. A simple toggle to automate all that. Maybe even linking it to my wifi so that it disables when I'm away from home.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

So the left external speaker on my iphone 5 is out. Time to get it replaced. Does anyone know of a way to backup your folder setup in folderenhancer? I have a shitton of apps in a fairly complicated cascading folder setup.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Kingnothing posted:

So the left external speaker on my iphone 5 is out. Time to get it replaced. Does anyone know of a way to backup your folder setup in folderenhancer? I have a shitton of apps in a fairly complicated cascading folder setup.

You mean the microphone?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New tweak out for Pandora users called ThumbsUp. As you can guess by the name, it adds a thumbs up/down to the lockscreen music controls. I use Spotify now but I remember thinking this would be nice back when I used pandora.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Kingnothing posted:

http://ipod.about.com/od/introductiontotheiphone/ss/Anatomy-Of-Iphone-5.htm

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New tweak out for Pandora users called ThumbsUp. As you can guess by the name, it adds a thumbs up/down to the lockscreen music controls. I use Spotify now but I remember thinking this would be nice back when I used pandora.

Looks good but it installs Activator in the package.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Blimpkin posted:

... toggle for iTunes Match, with the functionality being disabling display all music, limiting to only displaying what is downloaded to the device.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We'd like a toggle for it outside of Settings-Music.
MatchInMusic SBSettings toggle in Cydia.

Zeph fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 18, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zeph posted:

MatchInMusic SBSettings toggle in Cydia.

SBSettings :negative:

I'll give it a shot.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

SBSettings :negative:

I'll give it a shot.
I wrote it for SBSettings because that's what I use! Maybe some day this week when I've got some time I'll look into writing a toggle for NCSettings (I'm assuming that's what you're using). I've never used it and don't really know much about it.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Zeph posted:

I wrote it for SBSettings because that's what I use! Maybe some day this week when I've got some time I'll look into writing a toggle for NCSettings (I'm assuming that's what you're using). I've never used it and don't really know much about it.

How did you write it? I'm also a recent SBSettings to NCSettings convert, and while I don't vehemently oppose SBSettings, if you could write it for NCSettings that would be amazing.

And also, thank you for even taking the time to write a toggle.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Kingnothing posted:

So the left external speaker on my iphone 5 is out. Time to get it replaced.

lol

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

So I'm loving retarded.

Thanks.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

FRESH

Blimpkin posted:

How did you write it? I'm also a recent SBSettings to NCSettings convert, and while I don't vehemently oppose SBSettings, if you could write it for NCSettings that would be amazing.

And also, thank you for even taking the time to write a toggle.
Theos build system, by Dustin Howett. The language itself is called Logos but its basically objective-c with custom operators (%hook, %orig, %group, etc). That's my understanding of it, at least.

edit: NCSettings was apparently discontinued? That's strange considering how popular it is. I looked into it a little and it doesn't seem like I'd have to make a lot of changes to get it working with NCSettings.

Zeph fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 18, 2013

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Zeph posted:

Theos build system, by Dustin Howett. The language itself is called Logos but its basically objective-c with custom operators (%hook, %orig, %group, etc). That's my understanding of it, at least.

edit: NCSettings was apparently discontinued? That's strange considering how popular it is. I looked into it a little and it doesn't seem like I'd have to make a lot of changes to get it working with NCSettings.

It wasn't discontinued per se, I think the developer has other projects and is limiting future NCSettings development to bugfix-only.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Kingnothing posted:

It's cool that 6 years later this is still a thing that happens.

Not specifically ragging on you, just generally amused by the whole situation.

ilikechapstick
Jun 17, 2007

very, very notorious.
Are there any good hacks/apps for Spotify? I have a premium account, but I'm wondering if there are any enhancements out there that I may be missing.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Someone should create a version of LastPic that works with BiteSMS. It's one of those things you don't realize how absolutely convenient it is until you use it.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Wario In Real Life posted:

Someone should create a version of LastPic that works with BiteSMS. It's one of those things you don't realize how absolutely convenient it is until you use it.
What's LastPic? Google points me to a simple image sharing site that looks like imgur or similar.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kazy posted:

It wasn't discontinued per se, I think the developer has other projects and is limiting future NCSettings development to bugfix-only.
Fine by me. Seems feature complete and unbloated at the moment.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Basically this:

It seems relatively simple and trivial, but even if you just occasionally send picture messages you realize how much nicer it is to have. One click versus three clicks. Maybe I'm weird but I find it a great little tweak.

Right now it just changes the prompt in the Messages app, but it seems like it would be easy to make it a system wide change.

Wario In Real Life fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 18, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Wario In Real Life posted:

Basically this:

It seems relatively simple and trivial, but even if you just occasionally send picture messages you realize how much nicer it is to have.

Right now it just changes the prompt in the Messages app, but it seems like it would be easy to make it a system wide change.

That is a pretty good idea. Apple should put that in the stock text app.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I usually message from the photos app but yeah, that's cool if you are already in the messages app.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

This tweak seams pretty old, but I just stumbled on a tweak called pandoraskip, which gives you unlimited skips on the pandora app. Works pretty well.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kingnothing posted:

This tweak seams pretty old, but I just stumbled on a tweak called pandoraskip, which gives you unlimited skips on the pandora app. Works pretty well.

Yes, it works great and is legit from the BigBoss repo.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Kingnothing posted:

Thank you! This is great.

Also seconding the LastPic comment, is there developer contact in the app page?

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Anybody have any thoughts on when 6.1.3 is going to be released?

I need to get my iPhone 5 replaced (dust on the camera sensor or a broken sensor altogether) and I'm wondering how quickly I should go...

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
6.1.3 has been in beta for at least the last week or two. If I was you I'd get that swap out done asap. A thing to note is that I recently got my ipad 3 swapped out 2 weeks back and it was given to me with 5.1.1. I'd be surprised if refurbs had 6.1.3 on them on a swap out.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Has anybody else tried using 2x2 Folder Layout? Is it not supposed to center orient?

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Hamburlgar posted:

6.1.3 has been in beta for at least the last week or two. If I was you I'd get that swap out done asap. A thing to note is that I recently got my ipad 3 swapped out 2 weeks back and it was given to me with 5.1.1. I'd be surprised if refurbs had 6.1.3 on them on a swap out.
Thanks for the info... However, evasi0n only works with 6.1.2, right? So, if my refurb had 6.0.1 (or whatever), I would be screwed because I couldn't upgrade to 6.1.2...?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm pretty sure you could just get the 6.1.2 ispw file and hit shift + click restore and choose that firmware specifically.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Hamburlgar posted:

It will actually have been in beta *6* weeks, as of tomorrow.

The "6.1.3" beta is the "6.1.1" beta that was first released on February 6th.

The Dave posted:

I'm pretty sure you could just get the 6.1.2 ispw file and hit shift + click restore and choose that firmware specifically.

This won't work. This hasn't worked in a long time.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Hamburlgar posted:

6.1.3 is out

welp, hopefully they don't open the box and update them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I swapped my iPhone 5 a couple of days ago and the new one didn't even have 6.1 on it.

• Locked thread