Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Begemot posted:

I'm hoping we get one from Zimmy. So we can see the TRUE FORM of Cityface!

A sandwich!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can't wait to see what Janet and William have to offer given what we've seen of their story-telling prowess.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Remember there are only going to be 5 of these so let's not get carried away hoping for every side character to do one.

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
Exciting comics! I love exciting comics!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Remember there are only going to be 5 of these so let's not get carried away hoping for every side character to do one.

There are two weeks off, so unless next week is something different, that's ten comics, actually.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Roland Jones posted:

There are two weeks off, so unless next week is something different, that's ten comics, actually.

He said these guest comics were for this week, so probably five.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I hope we'll get to see Dr Disaster's blueprints for the DOOMPIGEON OF DOOM! (dramatic lightning flash)

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Nah, there will be 10 guest strips drawn by the characters!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
That is amazing.

Of course, now we're all putting together our lists in our heads. ("We know we'll get Kat and probably Reynardine, but is he going to do a Doctor Disaster one? Will the one Jones does just be a series of cubes?")

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
I hope we get one by Red, about the proper importance of maintaining the health of the uropygial gland. For maximum friendship, of course.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

idonotlikepeas posted:

That is amazing.

Of course, now we're all putting together our lists in our heads. ("We know we'll get Kat and probably Reynardine, but is he going to do a Doctor Disaster one? Will the one Jones does just be a series of cubes?")

I hope Reynard draws his in wolf form so it's just a bunch of scribbles and pawprints since he can't hold a pencil.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

idonotlikepeas posted:

That is amazing.

I have an image in my head of Jones doing a comic strip, and all the character expressions are B^U.

I guess Coyote/Ysengrin are unlikely candidates for drawing a strip, sadly. Would Mort even be capable of using a pencil to draw one?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Battle Pigeon posted:

Would Mort even be capable of using a pencil to draw one?

He's drawn a comic before.

And I'm sure that Annie could get Coyote to draw one if she took a bit of time to explain the concept. She might not like the results, though.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Those are lazy windows Annie. :colbert:

Also posting to keep the Mort avatar train going.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Man, Kat is one nerdy-arse nerd.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tea-san posted:

Hooray :3: This makes me all kinds of happy.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Tea-san posted:

Yay! Crossing my fingers for a Basil strip.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Clicked, and didn't remember that page at all. So looked at the surrounding pages, and ended up reading three chapters, as you do.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tea-san posted:

Wow, way for that Tom guy to be lazy. Just kicking back and farming out his comic to a bunch of gullible rubes who want their names in lights.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rasamune posted:

He's drawn a comic before.

And I'm sure that Annie could get Coyote to draw one if she took a bit of time to explain the concept. She might not like the results, though.

Annie's drawing style has greatly changed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tea-san posted:

I stand corrected! I guess I misinterpreted the blurb underneath.

That's awesome.

Oh man that reminds me - what the heck was up with the page right before that one?

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 18, 2013

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh man that reminds me - what the heck was up with the page right before that one?

I think it's a collection of inspirational scenes for the comic — you've got some wilderness shots, a dingy hallway, an urban scene, some pictures of doggies...

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I'm a bit confused how City Face realized he had his hat on the whole time. Did he just feel it? See it in a mirror?

Annie your plotholes, they are jarring! :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think all these pictures were taken in good ol' Brummagem. That "Livery Subway" at least here's another view of it. I can't be certain for the two landscape scenes, but they certainly look like the West Midlands. Same for the city shot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

Annie's drawing style has greatly changed.

Nah, she's still doing the "throw in lots of detail to make up for bad fundamentals" thing

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I wonder if Tom brought in a guest artist for these or just mastered the art of drawing like an untrained 13 year old, a ghost, a Boxbot, etc.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Cat Mattress posted:

I think all these pictures were taken in good ol' Brummagem. That "Livery Subway" at least here's another view of it. I can't be certain for the two landscape scenes, but they certainly look like the West Midlands. Same for the city shot.

Well he lives in Birmingham so it all adds up.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Rasamune posted:

I think it's a collection of inspirational scenes for the comic — you've got some wilderness shots, a dingy hallway, an urban scene, some pictures of doggies...

What about that freaky human face? That poo poo is nightmare fuel.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It actually looks a lot like the woman-face Annie drew.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Wow, way for that Tom guy to be lazy. Just kicking back and farming out his comic to a bunch of gullible rubes who want their names in lights.

Sadly there are some who complain about this non-jokingly. Kinda unbelievable really.

@gunnerkrigg posted:

A comment I got on my comic: ">Quits job to work on comic full time >Goes on vacation Oh, Tom."
https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/313345285004869632

wtf...

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The joke being that Tom has a buffer so he could go on vacation at any time and we'd never know.

He could be on vacation right now. :tinfoil:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The comments section on that tweet is just a solid wall of offended, angry webcomics artists. It's pretty great.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poo poo and sleep at your desk. Forget showers. Never stop working on comics.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Redeye Flight posted:

The comments section on that tweet is just a solid wall of offended, angry webcomics artists. It's pretty great.

I especially like the first one from Meredith Gran. "BLOW ME" :allears:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kat plays Angry Birds apparently.

Also, latest treatise is for sale now. Awesome.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Kat is the worst at drawing.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
You are just terrible at this, Kat.

This panel was kinda funny, though:

It makes me want to see a City Face noir detective comic for some reason...

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Watch each kid's comic just be progressively worserer drawed.

Oachkatzlschwoaf
Oct 23, 2006

Two heads are better than one

Haledjian posted:

Watch each kid's comic just be progressively worserer drawed.

Culminating in a comic by Boxbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Oachkatzlschwoaf posted:

Culminating in a comic by Boxbot.

But would Boxbot's terribleness be enough to overpower City Face's awesomeness? :ohdear: