Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I just finished a level 41 story quest, that involved me fighting a semi-BAM then a noruk who summoned two additional BAM's as it got low on health. I didn't expect the noruk, yet alone the two other BAM's, but I got through it since they died as I killed the noruk. Was pretty intense, but a lot of fun. So much more fun than generic gather them up and AOE them down gameplay.

I really want to do a dungeon but getting in as a DPS isn't ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Dryzen posted:

There is a streaming downloader for TERA now. If you go here you can choose to download the streaming downloader.

Oh wow,I feel dumb for not seeing that. Happy Cloud worked well for me with LOTRO recently so thats cool.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Is there a way to see how much damage players in a party are doing? I'm really missing my party stats info from WoW :-)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Nope and it sucks.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Thievery posted:

I just finished a level 41 story quest, that involved me fighting a semi-BAM then a noruk who summoned two additional BAM's as it got low on health. I didn't expect the noruk, yet alone the two other BAM's, but I got through it since they died as I killed the noruk. Was pretty intense, but a lot of fun. So much more fun than generic gather them up and AOE them down gameplay.

I really want to do a dungeon but getting in as a DPS isn't ideal.

Leveling is most definitely a big downer, leaving a lot of repetitive quest grinding in the early Allemantheia continent arc. The dungeon for your level, Necromancer Tomb, isn't really anything exciting for what it is and the rewards it shells out. I made do with partying with pubbies and entertaining myself with the true action combat system until my late forties. Then came the massive minion farming at Dakonian Junction southeast of Dragonfall, which was utterly hilarious for a good long while, and fast, too.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

mfny posted:

Oh wow,I feel dumb for not seeing that. Happy Cloud worked well for me with LOTRO recently so thats cool.

Spoke to soon on this, Cant download the TERA-Setup-HC.exe at all, just gets stuck :(

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

mfny posted:

Spoke to soon on this, Cant download the TERA-Setup-HC.exe at all, just gets stuck :(

Here you go, I'll probably delete it after a day or two.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Eigo posted:

Here you go, I'll probably delete it after a day or two.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Just downloaded this, looking to mess around with solo/leveling content in a super casual way--I'm trying to decide which class to play; currently looking at Warrior, Bezerker, and Slayer. What class has the most interesting/fun mechanics throughout the leveling process? I'm looking for complexity and involvement, and maybe effectiveness in a PVP environment as well.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Warrior is the most complex of the three, fun is entirely subjective, all three classes play quite differently. Berserker is probably the least suitable for what you're looking for (it's involved but not very complex and not great in pvp compared to the other two).

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Totalizator posted:

Warrior is the most complex of the three, fun is entirely subjective, all three classes play quite differently. Berserker is probably the least suitable for what you're looking for (it's involved but not very complex and not great in pvp compared to the other two).

Can you maybe describe briefly how each of them plays, what the basic mechanics of each are like?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

porfiria posted:

Can you maybe describe briefly how each of them plays, what the basic mechanics of each are like?

Zerker charges up big-rear end attacks and lets go for a million (literally later on) damage, Slayer bashes people with a giant sword, keeping them stunned and slicing with big attacks. Warrior uses combo strikes in DPS mode, lots of smaller attacks and some bigger while using aggro/defensive moves in Tank mode.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Is there a way to turn off the "x just enchanted y" and "x opened a locked box" messages?

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The event with the lockboxes ends tonight. You can't disable the enchanting announcements but to feel better, consider that during the beta it happened everytime someone enchanted to +6. With a trumpet sound.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bloody hell. Yeah, that makes me feel a little better.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Totalizator posted:

The event with the lockboxes ends tonight. You can't disable the enchanting announcements but to feel better, consider that during the beta it happened everytime someone enchanted to +6. With a trumpet sound.

The front page says the event goes until Tuesday's maintenance.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
We need less zerkers and more of everything else. Sorcerors are top dps, archers are like zerkers that move faster. Warriors are getting a big dps boost soon so they will be a lot better in pve. Lancers are ezmode leveling and do a lot more damage than people think. Lancers are also one of the meanest classes in pvp due to having 5 stuns (3 of them are like that spear scorpian uses in mortal kombat) and 3 slows. Slayer is 2nd highest dps and is incredibly easy to play, facerolling all day long and making big numbers while you do it. If you want to be the best at everything roll a mystic. They are really strong in pvp and pve and their auras are drat near game breaking they are so good. Mystics are also they are masters of cleansing since you can get cleansed by gobbling up one of their balls and they heal for a fair bit. Currently our guild has no mystic that logs in regularly and does stuff. Priest is not a bad class either and they are getting a buff to add a lot of attack speed, (this cuts down on attack animations and lowers cooldowns of all skills). So yeah any class but zerker is a great class to play. Not that zerkers are bad but it seems like every goon had the same idea when they got the game 'Big rear end axe and plate armor and I get to spin to win, I am so rolling one of these.' - every goon in DGKK.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

Currently our guild has no mystic that logs in regularly and does stuff.

Any tips on leveling? Mystic is my main class but leveling is rather slow.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Fixit posted:

Any tips on leveling? Mystic is my main class but leveling is rather slow.

Find a lancer your level and use them for fast queues to dungeons. Friend a slayer or sorc to help you quest or see if there are guildies that can help you. Healers have the disadvantage of having to network early on instead of just mindlessly grinding. Having a leveling buddy helps though, also your thralls can be pretty handy too. What level you at currently?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
It's just Mystics that have leveling issues. Priests are kinda good at grinding and can effectively aoe a lot of mobs. The thralls are literally one fifth as strong as they should be except fairy heal, which doesn't really count given that it's the only Mystic self-heal on a long CD

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

Find a lancer your level and use them for fast queues to dungeons. Friend a slayer or sorc to help you quest or see if there are guildies that can help you. Healers have the disadvantage of having to network early on instead of just mindlessly grinding. Having a leveling buddy helps though, also your thralls can be pretty handy too. What level you at currently?

Level 34. Logged on just a second ago to try and hit 35 so after my finals I can run CR a few times, sadly did not happen. Will grind the rest out on Tuesday or something.

Haven't had any issues for ques to dungeons. Finding a dps to party with me for regular quests is where I have trouble. The rare times I have found one, I say pull 2x more than you normally do...and they pull one or two mobs. So there is no benefit to being in a group with a dps when they go as slow as I do without them.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's just Mystics that have leveling issues. Priests are kinda good at grinding and can effectively aoe a lot of mobs. The thralls are literally one fifth as strong as they should be except fairy heal, which doesn't really count given that it's the only Mystic self-heal on a long CD

I HATE Mystics don't have a self heal other than my Thrall. Then again, I drop so many balls I can grab one myself if I need and not worry about the dps missing out.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Of course, but orbs don't exactly work on the fly in PVP or solo mob situations !

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Is there any point in the initial gate-closing part of Nexus? It seems like with that many players swarming an overworld instance, there's comparatively little opportunity for any reward when put up against what you get from Traverse.

Seemenaked posted:

... - every goon in DGKK.

Oh hey, I have fun when helping out too. I've noticed quite a few players get a little bogged down pre- and post-SM things slow down just a tad and BAMs are needed for a boost to progress speed. Would the guild be better served with a Warrior alt or a Priest alt right now?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Of course, but orbs don't exactly work on the fly in PVP or solo mob situations !

Don't Mystics have a wide range of CC to compensate for that?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Seemenaked posted:

We need less zerkers and more of everything else. Sorcerors are top dps, archers are like zerkers that move faster. Warriors are getting a big dps boost soon so they will be a lot better in pve. Lancers are ezmode leveling and do a lot more damage than people think. Lancers are also one of the meanest classes in pvp due to having 5 stuns (3 of them are like that spear scorpian uses in mortal kombat) and 3 slows. Slayer is 2nd highest dps and is incredibly easy to play, facerolling all day long and making big numbers while you do it. If you want to be the best at everything roll a mystic. They are really strong in pvp and pve and their auras are drat near game breaking they are so good. Mystics are also they are masters of cleansing since you can get cleansed by gobbling up one of their balls and they heal for a fair bit. Currently our guild has no mystic that logs in regularly and does stuff. Priest is not a bad class either and they are getting a buff to add a lot of attack speed, (this cuts down on attack animations and lowers cooldowns of all skills). So yeah any class but zerker is a great class to play. Not that zerkers are bad but it seems like every goon had the same idea when they got the game 'Big rear end axe and plate armor and I get to spin to win, I am so rolling one of these.' - every goon in DGKK.

Zerkers are like the best DPS in this game if they can get hits in. Sorcerer/Slayer come second. But yeah we need more Mystics.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Is there any point in the initial gate-closing part of Nexus? It seems like with that many players swarming an overworld instance, there's comparatively little opportunity for any reward when put up against what you get from Traverse.

You need to finish a nexus to get the Nexus Call buff so you can actually enter Traverse.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The idea of nexus was to be an outdoor rift-style invasion event, the instance was added months later.

KaneTW posted:

Zerkers are like the best DPS in this game if they can get hits in. Sorcerer/Slayer come second. But yeah we need more Mystics.

Zerkers are amazing fun on bosses like Meldita that mostly stay stationary and mostly shoot lasers out of their rear end rather then spinning around and asscleaving every 3 seconds. Not so fun against the argon queen who gives you 5 seconds to run away from an instakill attack and your single swing takes 3.

Totalizator fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 18, 2013

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm leveling a Mystic with a friend but I probably wont hit 60 for a long time since we only play a few hours a week. I'm also leveling a Slayer in the guild and a Warrior outside of the guild. I have a 60 Lancer that I don't use and really don't want to spend money on because my Priest is costing me an arm and a leg but I suppose if I ever finish gear on her I can maybe play the Lancer.

I don't really have any point to this post besides I guess I'm trying to work on classes that aren't Zerker(which I do have but stopped playing).

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Is it possible to/how do I transfer servers? I've been playing with a nongoon friend but we're on Valley of Titans.

VVVV Thanks!

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 19, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/352/~/transferring-a-character-to-another-server

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm wondering what sort of super-secret criteria EME has for allowing character transfers away from the servers brought up since free-to-play was implemented. My best guess so far is they're still waiting for a healthy, active population of 60s on them to prop up their economies. But that wouldn't make sense, since it seems to me like anyone who'd even try hard enough to hit 60 would gravitate towards Mount Tyrannas to begin with for the supposed established server population.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
so the guild that i used to be a part of at my old studio got ported over to Tyrannus (or wherever the goons are)

sorely tempted to just nab anything of value (screw that everything) in the gbank and come over to the goonside. I don't think anyone but me has even logged in in anything close to a year.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

treeboy posted:

so the guild that i used to be a part of at my old studio got ported over to Tyrannus (or wherever the goons are)

sorely tempted to just nab anything of value (screw that everything) in the gbank and come over to the goonside. I don't think anyone but me has even logged in in anything close to a year.

May as well, probably won't be tat much of value if it's been a year besides enchanting stuff though.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Eigo posted:

May as well, probably won't be tat much of value if it's been a year besides enchanting stuff though.

I know you're right, but i haven't taken a good look at it, a few of the guild members were 60 so something might be worthwhile

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pretty much nothing will be but yeah come over.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The lockbox key perk for elite status, do you get a certain amount given to you? Or do they just start dropping from mobs?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
They just give you a certain amount, although I'm not sure on the amount; some goons got 20 this month, I only got 10.

vvvv: Guild title, you can change it to ones you get from achievements. The alternative is to yell at Crowd to change it to something else!

Eigo fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 19, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Stupid lowbie question - what's the "Roar" above my name now that I'm in DGKK?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
^^^: replied in above post

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/mount-tyrannas/topics/Dragongod-Knightkings-Vanarchs-again
This is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Yeah, that's glorious.

• Locked thread