Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

It's fight week, bitches! Today the great @BasRuttenMMA joins us on the podcast at 3:30pm pacific! http://ustream.tv/joerogan

Bas. Is. Back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

I didn't know who he was so had no expectations whatsoever.

I don't know if I'm getting old or if you're a total shut in.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

indoflaven posted:

Roth hasn't been relevant for like 20 years at least

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

indoflaven posted:

Or option C, a theory of mind. I struggle with it too, especially when it comes to americans and their astonishing lack of geographical knowledge outwith their own country.

Sacul
Feb 11, 2010
Shane Smith is on tonight. I love it when anyone from VICE goes on the JRE but Shane Smith is definitely the best.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

If you guys like VICE I highly recommend getting The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. It's a compilation of articles from their magazine over the years sectioned out in Sex/Drugs/Rock n Roll, and the perfect coffee table book.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Love that Redban loves being a 5 year old with sound effects so much that he can't forget to turn off the echo for this Shane Smith podcast.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I saw bits and pieces of the Shane Smith podcast last night and Rogan got HAMMERED on liquor. Like loud, really happy, gently caress regret kind of hammered. We've all been there.

Going to check this out later today.

Joe Rogan posted:

That "getting drunk on podcasts" stuff is some slippery poo poo. Hope you guys enjoyed it. If not, it was pretty much out of my control around 40 minutes or so in, so if I rambled out of control, my apologies.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 14, 2013

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It was like listening to three high school kids get drunk for the first time. Horrible podcast.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Brekelefuw posted:

It was like listening to three high school kids get drunk for the first time. Horrible podcast.
That sucks. Shane Smith is a really interesting guy and one of his appearances was really good, but I feel like every other time he's been on he's just too drunk or without sleep or something.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Brekelefuw posted:

It was horrible, but definitely my favorite podcast in awhile. The last 40 minutes or so was so much fun, I loved hearing Shane Smith yell "DEATHSQUAD!"

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Just listened to the Shane Smith episode, it was loving awesome. For those who didn't like it, different strokes I guess.

DonnieJeffcoat
Jul 8, 2005
Salad Prong

ZeroDays posted:

Just listened to the Shane Smith episode, it was loving awesome. For those who didn't like it, different strokes I guess.

Yeah that episode was great, I wouldn't mind a drunk-and-screaming episode every other week or so.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Bas Rutten needs to be on more often, he's been on twice now and they're both really good episodes.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Yeah the Shane Smith one was good. It got a little awkward when Joe was screaming at that marine dude on the phone but other than that it was really entertaining.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Joe's high pitched screaming plus the echo made me have to turn it off. I can handle one or the other but not both.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
they fixed the echo on the ones you can download. i probably wouldn't have listened to it either if it had some echo bullshit on the whole show.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The one I downloaded had echo, so maybe I'll try to redownload then.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Deathsquad.tv is down?

I just listened to the Shane Smith podcast. I think it's the funniest JRE I've heard honestly.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
From the Ari TSA episode: "You can't just yell at people like that. The only time I raise my voice to someone is when I feel like my life or my health are in danger." - Joe Rogan, a dude who screamed for literally thirty minutes at another guy who thought people shouldn't make rape jokes.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

From the Ari TSA episode: "You can't just yell at people like that. The only time I raise my voice to someone is when I feel like my life or my health are in danger." - Joe Rogan, a dude who screamed for literally thirty minutes at another guy who thought people shouldn't make rape jokes.

To be honest, if there was one guy I would yell at who was pushing the no rape joke cause it would be Jamie Kilstein. I waver back and forth on where I stand regarding that subject, but if Kilstein was the sole representative I would stand firmly against him. He straight up lied and further misrepresented that podcast ep on a different podcast to make himself look better. Honestly he seems like a wuss.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

To be honest, if there was one guy I would yell at who was pushing the no rape joke cause it would be Jamie Kilstein. I waver back and forth on where I stand regarding that subject, but if Kilstein was the sole representative I would stand firmly against him. He straight up lied and further misrepresented that podcast ep on a different podcast to make himself look better. Honestly he seems like a wuss.

Yeah, Kilstein straight up makes me want to go out and rape bitches purely on principle. I understand his message but him as a delivery format is just....uuughh

Edit: I may have missed it, but who is this JD Kelly from the recent podcast? As far as I could work out, he's just someone who posts on the Rogan board? :confused:

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

ZeroDays posted:

I may have missed it, but who is this JD Kelly from the recent podcast? As far as I could work out, he's just someone who posts on the Rogan board? :confused:

You got it.

vvv I haven't been able to convince myself to listen to that latest Duncan podcast, it just seems too depressing. Knowing Duncan though he probably makes it pretty uplifting.

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 21, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm having a really hard time listening to the latest Duncan podcast with his mom for more than 3 minutes at a time :smith:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
It's beautiful and everyone should listen to it :unsmith:

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

I listened to the first 10 mins but found it too difficult. It's a really brave podcast to make and I intend to finish it even if it takes installments, but it's a little too close to the bone at the moment.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It was a great podcast.
His mom is really smart and well spoken. You can totally see where Duncan gets it from. They are brilliant.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

If anyone hasn't listened, check out Duncan on Tom Green's new podcast. Pretty funny, it's all cancer talk but Tom's a cool dude so hopefully he'll be on the Family Hour in the future.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

toggle posted:

If anyone hasn't listened, check out Duncan on Tom Green's new podcast. Pretty funny, it's all cancer talk but Tom's a cool dude so hopefully he'll be on the Family Hour in the future.

Thanks for recommending this, it was great. And now I've got another podcast to listen to :getin:

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Oh trust me, I go back and forth in my head on that particular issue as well. My point was more that Jamie Kilstein was in no way a danger to Rogan's life or health at the time, so it seemed pretty funny to me that Joe would say something like that to Ari when he recently shouted at Jamie for half an hour in the safety of his podcast studio.

I mean, it's not ground-breaking news that Joe can be hypocritical at times, but whether he was on the right side of the rape joke issue or not his outburst really made me look at all the times he's played himself as the dude that always keeps it cool in a different light.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
He also, while probably correct in his recent arguments that transgender women shouldn't be allowed to fight assigned-female-at-birth women in the UFC, has worded most of his arguments in ridiculously offensive/transphobic language. Then when that gets pointed out he complains about 'the PC police'. It's mad disappointing.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Yeah, it's one of those lovely situations where I hate to agree with someone who I feel is right in principle because of just how completely terrible they're articulating their stance.

I'm down with an all transgender people fight league though!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah totally. I remember when he was telling Shane Smith how amazing it was that he didn't immediately beat up the ladyboys that he hung out with in Thailand like it was some great feat instead of the right thing to do. I think that Joe's heart is in the right place but it takes him a lot of effort to hold back what his natural instincts are. I think that is something worth considering, as he comes from a background that would lead a lot of people to just be dick swinging power bros. Joe's at least trying I guess. He's just not educated but has a microphone.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

"I don't mind gay people, as long as they don't try to gently caress me" is a particular favourite of mine.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Joe is in his mid 40s and grew up in Boston. I have no idea why he says dumb poo poo!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Joe Rogan's notebook

"Gay for yourself"

"Can't wait for this bitch to shut up and go to sleep so I can jerk off in my face"

"5k weed"

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
:lol:

Is this what he means when he keeps talking about writing for hours?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It's on graph paper so it is smarter.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

This is your brain on Alpha Brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747