Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Maybe she's thinking if she tells people to watch it they maybe will but will probably forget about it, but if she tells people not to watch it because it's terrible people will be sure to to catch the train wreck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

It's not like Scott doesn't like Pete or think he's not funny. He booked him a lot for the weekly CBB show at UCB.

Makes sense considering he's an extremely funny stand-up but an obnoxious person in every other sense.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Greggy posted:

Maybe she's thinking if she tells people to watch it they maybe will but will probably forget about it, but if she tells people not to watch it because it's terrible people will be sure to to catch the train wreck?

Maybe it's a bit that she's doing?

It's loving obviously a bit that she's doing.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
BTW, everyone, watch Nate for You if you're not. Definitely my (surprise) favorite of Comedy Central's 6,427 new shows.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Me in Reverse posted:

Maybe it's a bit that she's doing?

It's loving obviously a bit that she's doing.

Ah I didn't hear that part of the episode myself, I just remember people talking about it here and I don't recall any indication that it was a gag.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I commented replied/commented on the Time Heidecker posts before I actually listened to the episode. I've hated some of his appearances in the past and when people mentioned it I just assumed I'd hate it again. But after listening to the episode, I enjoyed it and thought he was pretty funny. I enjoyed all the guests.

I do think he goes to the same disinterested bit too often, and when it bombs it bombs hard, but overall it didn't kill my enjoyment of the episode and I thought he had some nice moments.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The pHo posted:

Ah I didn't hear that part of the episode myself, I just remember people talking about it here and I don't recall any indication that it was a gag.
The only indication I've seen that it's a bit is that she's now said it in at least 3 different instances and her special is actually airing. But yeah it's probably a bit.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

cams posted:

The only indication I've seen that it's a bit is that she's now said it in at least 3 different instances and her special is actually airing. But yeah it's probably a bit.

She literally keeps saying "No, they're not airing it." any time someone brings up her special and the date it's airing on.

I guess it's a really good bit since you guys think she's being serious?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Me in Reverse posted:

I guess it's a really good bit since you guys think she's being serious?
Well it's pretty clear that if it's a bit (I think it is) that the point is to make people think it's not a bit and she is ashamed of her comedy special, so yes it's a good bit.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm surprised Natasha Leggero's Doug Benson line didn't get more of a reaction - I was dying after hearing that.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Was that the milking Doug Benson thing? Made me laugh too.

Edit: Really liked the new CBB. Doug and Steven Yeun were fun and Cakeboss was great as always.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 18, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Did Aukerman just say "This is 616"? :v: Whatta nerd.

e: Scott's lookin pretty haggard. Maybe it's just because he's lost some weight and he's getting older.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

e: Scott's lookin pretty haggard. Maybe it's just because he's lost some weight and he's getting older.

He said something about it before and I asked on twitter what universe the TV series is in, he said Ultimate

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Colour me shocked at the revelation that Scott Aukerman is a Marvel nerd.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I loved how pleased Yeun was when Scott told him that he was caught up on the TWD comic.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Aukerman has always been a huge comics nerd. Didn't he have some story about writing, I dunno, like a Fantastic 4 script at some point? Vague recollection of an episode where they go deep into comics and he had worked on a failed adaptation of something Marvel.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Well this is the best thing I've seen all week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4_Sep7on8E

Full ep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjfFcvXdwxI

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I loved this episode. I can't ever get enough Cake Boss. I am going to go back and watch the video now, especially I want to see the moment when he mentions the instructions he got from the customer for the erotic cake. I was in stitches and it sounded like everyone in the studio was too.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Well he filming the show again and also had a trip to SXSW in there.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

NotWearingPants posted:

I loved this episode. I can't ever get enough Cake Boss. I am going to go back and watch the video now, especially I want to see the moment when he mentions the instructions he got from the customer for the erotic cake. I was in stitches and it sounded like everyone in the studio was too.

Boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJDRaAWRUrc

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Choctaw is just a huge nerd all around - there's a lot of little things over the course of the show that have made me think "But Scott Auckerman is a Successful Adult, why would he know about the awful nerd poo poo that I do?" The thing that really clued me in was when a guest mentioned playing a game on XBox Live and Scott immediately asked what their "GamerTag" was. Using the Marketing Department-mandated nomenclature was a pretty strong indication that he had more than a passing familiarity with the product.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I had no idea that they were filming full episodes now! So sweet to watch everyone in action. Also, Benson looks high as gently caress (obviously).

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

epitasis posted:

Didn't he have some story about writing, I dunno, like a Fantastic 4 script at some point?

Yeah I definitely remember this being mentioned. He also pitched Transformers as an action/comedy before the Michael Bay version happened.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Rocks posted:

I had no idea that they were filming full episodes now! So sweet to watch everyone in action. Also, Benson looks high as gently caress (obviously).

I actually don't think he looks as high as he normally does. His eyes are actually sort of open.

e: that Cake Boss wig is amazing.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 19, 2013

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Scott brings up dumb comic book stuff like Uatu the Watcher pretty often, I feel like.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh god "Party on girth!" "That one knocked the wind out of me." I wish PFT was always around to call Aukerman out on his stupid puns.

Davedave24 posted:

Scott brings up dumb comic book stuff like Uatu the Watcher pretty often, I feel like.

Oh yea I knew Aukerman was a comic book nerd, but Earth-616 is a pretty deep cut (or maybe not).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh yea I knew Aukerman was a comic book nerd, but Earth-616 is a pretty deep cut (or maybe not).

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/303657949572788224

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I loved "Party on Girth"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You gotta love a man whose mind comes up with a line like that on the spot, managing to stun everyone into silence while they process it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fallom posted:

You gotta love a man whose mind comes up with a line like that on the spot, managing to stun everyone into silence while they process it.

I thought they were just going to ignore it for a second but then PFT said "That one knocked the wind out of me." I feel like normally Aukerman would stifle his most awful (and by most awful I mean most hilarious) of puns, but when PFT is on he lets them out because he knows PFT will do something funny with it.

Does anyone remember what episode(s) has Aukerman and someone else doing dueling Jimmy Stewarts? Or dueling anything, but especially Jimmy Stewart.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Does anyone remember what episode(s) has Aukerman and someone else doing dueling Jimmy Stewarts? Or dueling anything, but especially Jimmy Stewart.

Chris Fairbanks and PFT (as Werner Herzog) were on that episode I believe.

Edit - Also this:

Werner Herzog's John Grisham's The Pancake Man starring Werner Herzog as said Pancake Man and one of the Flapjacks: The Pancake Man.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 19, 2013

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I thought they were just going to ignore it for a second but then PFT said "That one knocked the wind out of me." I feel like normally Aukerman would stifle his most awful (and by most awful I mean most hilarious) of puns, but when PFT is on he lets them out because he knows PFT will do something funny with it.

On the recent Weird Al episode, at one point Al makes a terrible joke about Toucans, and Scott says "and 3 of those make a six pack!" He continues right on, but after about 10 seconds you ear him chuckle and you know PFT is just glaring at him.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dueling Jimmy Stewarts was great, but I like Dueling Entourage Woody Allens even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOGb7WIvk4

"What's going on with the Murphy Group?"

Followed by the greatest truism about Entourage ever uttered:
Andy Samberg: Everyone watched every episode of that show.
Scott: And we didn't like a single one!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
e: ^^^^ Literally my favorite podcast episode of anything, I must have listened to that episode upwards of ten times now

Goddamn what an amazing episode on all fronts. I love how Bensons face looks in high-def, you can really tell the droopy weed-eye effect he's got going on.
CakebossCakeboss! having a meta moment where Scott repeated his name was hilarious.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Best Bro Hang is also my favourite CBB ever; so, so funny. Need Adam Pally back on the show.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Steve Yeun was a great first time guest. Very strong episode.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I'm a fan of duelling Ray Romano's myself. Can't remember what episode that was, but they did do Ray on the Besser as Pope episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

crimedog posted:

I'm a fan of duelling Ray Romano's myself. Can't remember what episode that was, but they did do Ray on the Besser as Pope episode.

201, very recent. Hearing Besser trying to turn Kermit the Frog into Ray Romano was something else.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

JethroMcB posted:

201, very recent. Hearing Besser trying to turn Kermit the Frog into Ray Romano was something else.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't hear you over the leafblower EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That episode was amazing :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

This isn't what you're asking for, but it's related and hilarious from way back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEM29f3AJk