Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have trouble believing pants like that ever existed at any point in the history of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bialya gets destroyed yet again:

(Injustice: Gods Among Us)

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

laz0rbeak posted:

The adventures of Flash and Felicia's wardrobe continue! (via Amazing Spider-Man 341):

Did... did they put on each other's shirts?

:confuoot:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Exit Strategy posted:

Did... did they put on each other's shirts?

:confuoot:

I think they are both wearing Flash's shirts. A tank top, even a relatively loose one, for Felicia wouldn't be anywhere near that loose on Flash.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Little Mac posted:

I have trouble believing pants like that ever existed at any point in the history of humanity.

I think the artist woke screaming and crying in the middle of the night and drew a picture of those pants just to try and get them out of his mind.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Little Mac posted:

Did you sleep through the early 90's?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's clearly a nightmare Peter is having. The bully who tormented him for years is banging his ex, and is morphing into some type of clown gorilla.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Those pants are rockin and if the don't exist, clearly they should.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ensign_Ricky posted:

We have people here who weren't even born in the early 90s.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

laz0rbeak posted:

The adventures of Flash and Felicia's wardrobe continue! (via Amazing Spider-Man 341):

Nice spandex capris, Thompson.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ensign_Ricky posted:

No, I was there, but those are like Zubaz from some kind of nightmare dimension.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Little Mac posted:

Watch some pro wrestling

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tarodia posted:

Watch some pro wrestling

Unless you're a 350 pound Pacific Islander you don't wear spandex that ends at the calves.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
So Rich Johnston put up this bit from tomorrow's Saga 11:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
As good as Saga is, it would not be the same without Staples. 90% of the enjoyment I get out of comes from the expressions she draws. Look at his face! Look at it!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

laz0rbeak posted:

The Flash wears pants made out of goes fast. Flash wears pants made out of WTF.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Gavok posted:

The Flash wears pants made out of goes fast. Flash wears pants made out of WTF.

I may have to add Venom back to my reading list.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lurdiak posted:

No nazis, my grandpa died in WW2.

Kids aren't going to become World War 2 Nazis.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

So Rich Johnston put up this bit from tomorrow's Saga 11:

And they say romance is dead. :allears:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
This is going to be most of us in the future, isn't it?

(linked for huge)

The Private Eye #1 by Marcos Martin and BKV

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I started reading the Rocket Raccoon: Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant HC. All this is from the first issue. I'm not including much context because it honestly won't help it make more sense.

Hulk gets woken up by a robotic lawn mower and smashes, alerting the authorities.

Then, a flashback to Earth. I just don't know.

Finally, they make it to space (this could be in the badass panels thread).

Incredible Hulk 271

Uthor fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 20, 2013

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Uthor posted:

Incredible Hulk 271

In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, when Rocket Raccoon beats Hulk, he says, "Let's KO some space clowns again sometime, mate. For ol' time's sake."

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There's quite a few end-match quotes that call back to stories that are decades old. When Iron Man beats Doom, I seem to recall he says something about getting double-crossed in Camelot.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

There's quite a few end-match quotes that call back to stories that are decades old. When Iron Man beats Doom, I seem to recall he says something about getting double-crossed in Camelot.

Quite the juxtaposition, loyal reading having such tiny, niche rewards while also being terribly contrived and gaudy. Me, I'm a comic is half-full guy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hawkeye brings up Force Works of all things to Iron Man on his victory quote.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Plutonis posted:

Hawkeye brings up Force Works of all things to Iron Man on his victory quote.
gently caress yeah.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I started reading the Rocket Raccoon: Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant HC. All this is from the first issue. I'm not including much context because it honestly won't help it make more sense.

Hulk gets woken up by a robotic lawn mower and smashes, alerting the authorities.

Incredible Hulk 271

I actually owned the incredible hulk issue just prior to this one. (The tag at the end was NEXT: ROCKET RACCOON!) What I recall happening was that those three guys in the second panel of the flashback (Blue with horns; Blue with square stick, and red guy) came to get Hulk to help fight a space monster. Rick went and dosed himself with Gamma to try and help, but he just fell over and started glowing. The blondish woman in the green shirt wanted to help him, but the only person she could find was three finger mohawk woman, who is some kind of interstellar TV producer. Hulk fought and beat the space monster (including a totally awesome fight with Abomination) but was sent spiraling off through space, where he presumably crash landed on Rocket's planet.

drat, why are comics not that awesome anymore?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Seldom Posts posted:

I actually owned the incredible hulk issue just prior to this one. (The tag at the end was NEXT: ROCKET RACCOON!) What I recall happening was that those three guys in the second panel of the flashback (Blue with horns; Blue with square stick, and red guy) came to get Hulk to help fight a space monster. Rick went and dosed himself with Gamma to try and help, but he just fell over and started glowing. The blondish woman in the green shirt wanted to help him, but the only person she could find was three finger mohawk woman, who is some kind of interstellar TV producer. Hulk fought and beat the space monster (including a totally awesome fight with Abomination) but was sent spiraling off through space, where he presumably crash landed on Rocket's planet.

drat, why are comics not that awesome anymore?

If you like that get the miniseries with art by Mike Mignola

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Seldom Posts posted:

Rick went and dosed himself with Gamma to try and help, but he just fell over and started glowing.

:golfclap: Rick Jones, savior of the human race, in action.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
So this is a real panel that happened. I could have put it in the Ruination thread, and passed it off as Photoshop, but heavens no. This is a real panel.

Probably gonna mean a lot more to long-time pro wrestling fans.

Source: DC Universe Presents #18.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I would like to go on record strongly doubting that there are millions and millions of nu52 Starfire fans :mad:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

Does Rick Jones still have the "chosen one" thing from The Kree/Skrull War and Avengers Forever? Has anybody even mentioned the Destiny Force in the past decade or so?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I was unsure about whether or not I would like Johns' JLA. This page sold me.

From Johns' Justice League of America #2

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

I was unsure about whether or not I would like Johns' JLA. This page sold me.

From Johns' Justice League of America #2

Ha!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Uthor posted:

Incredible Hulk 271

I've been looking everywhere to find this. I actually just finished reading Rocket's own mini series. It's like some bizarre fairy tale with amazing artwork.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

I would like to go on record strongly doubting that there are millions and millions of nu52 Starfire fans :mad:

Probably not, but DCU Presents is an anthology series, anyway, so it doesn't actually matter.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Endless Mike posted:

Probably not, but DCU Presents is an anthology series, anyway, so it doesn't actually matter.
...bastard, that was so much better than mine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

...bastard, that was so much better than mine.
I didn't even realize what I did. gently caress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uthor posted:

This is going to be most of us in the future, isn't it?

(linked for huge)

The Private Eye #1 by Marcos Martin and BKV

That's not funny at all! It's depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

prefect posted:

My favourite result from that is that Rick Jones just got cancer from that whole idiotic thing, instead of becoming a hulk. :haw:

• Locked thread