Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Hypnolobster posted:

Seriously though, Stone might seem sort of strangely omnipresent and Greg Koch might come off as a bit of a dick sometimes, but they make some of the cheapest big beers in the business and they're mostly really great.
Having met Greg Koch several times I can say he's pretty much a goddamn hippie, at least while he's properly drunk. The marketing arm of Stone (which Greg no doubt had/has a hand in) is all bout dick-waving, you're-not-worthy, hop-worshiping hypermasculinity, but to me they don't cross over into frathouse Beer Bro territory. They have a marketing niche and they make generally aggressive, well-designed beers at decent or better price points. They do this nationwide. That's a rare and mostly commendable thing.

Also their beer garden is preeety and their sour fest is the best. :allears:

e: Some of the most established people in the California beer business are less than impressed with Greg Koch's personality. I'm sure he's been an rear end in a top hat to some/all of them at various points. But from the perspective of a beer fan who shows up to events and sees Greg in his element, I have to say he does a decent job of representing the brand. What he does in business or in other settings I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Casual Yogurt posted:

Where do you live?! Everything Stone makes is cheap as gently caress and properly delicious. Stone has been around since the 90's I think they have proven their worth.

Stone's bombers are priced low here, but their 6 packs are $13 here and 4 packs are $15 and higher, depending as well as collab brews coming in at $4-$5 for a 12 ounce. I know I said $12 for a 4 pack the first post, but I went after work to another store and realized Ruination was $17 for a 4 pack and Subliminally Self-Righteous was $15.

As for Greg, the first thing that rubbed me wrong about him was this Saison du Buff tasting. In the first 2 minutes it comes off to me that Greg doesn't care about the mediator at all, like he's better than him. The sales packet I got from Stone was another problem, it came off as extremely arrogant when they're comparing their prices to other craft brews showing that they are higher and still sell better. I'll scan the folder for you guys to see. Lastly the whole trust fund vibe I got from those two quotes is where I drew the line.

It just rubs me wrong.

Edit: Also, I have no problems with their size at all, I mean I enjoy Sam Adams still. I was also a bit harsh earlier, I have liked a lot of Stone's brews, but not enough at their price point to justify buying them again.

Beer talk: Victory's Oak Horizontal is great, well until drank. The aroma is spot on with a lot of sweetness of caramel/toffee and vanilla with the barrel notes very restrained, but when drank the barrel presence is too much. The finish is too hot with bourbon. The beer isn't bad, but it is certainly too hot to fully enjoy right now. This might be better in a few months.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

@captain shortbus: Those prices are mostly why I don't regularly buy Stone.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 19, 2013

Captain Shortbus
May 14, 2011

That's insane. A 4 pack of Ruination is under $11 otd here. Yay low cost of living!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

crazyfish posted:

Not sure where you're from, but if you don't get Russian River, I've seen Pliny and Supplication in Denver before.

I'm from OH, so this could be pretty awesome. Even though I'm a pretty big hophead, and I love IPAs, I don't think I'm even that interested in having him try to find me some Pliny. I've had it before, and while it was good, I'd rather have him bring me back something else.

I'm more interested in having him grab me a few RR sours, maybe a bottle or two of something from Crooked Stave, and Funkwerks, and then just a whole bunch of year round/sessionable beers.

I actually enjoyed Oarsman a good bit. It definitely wasn't the best sour (if you even want to call it that) beer I've ever had, but it was far from the worst. It's pretty awesome they release this stuff in six packs, I think it could be awesome to drink a few of these while grilling out in the summer.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Midorka posted:

Stone's bombers are priced low here, but their 6 packs are $13 here and 4 packs are $15 and higher, depending as well as collab brews coming in at $4-$5 for a 12 ounce. I know I said $12 for a 4 pack the first post, but I went after work to another store and realized Ruination was $17 for a 4 pack and Subliminally Self-Righteous was $15.
[...]

It just rubs me wrong.

$2.17/bottle for stuff that's as good as what Stone puts in a six-pack *rubs you wrong*?

What the gently caress. What do you consider a reasonable price for a six-pack of beer?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

For CBC people, we are having an event next Friday with Oskar Blues and several other canning breweries. We'll have our four core canned beers at the very least.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Midorka posted:

As for Greg, the first thing that rubbed me wrong about him was this Saison du Buff tasting. In the first 2 minutes it comes off to me that Greg doesn't care about the mediator at all, like he's better than him. The sales packet I got from Stone was another problem, it came off as extremely arrogant when they're comparing their prices to other craft brews showing that they are higher and still sell better. I'll scan the folder for you guys to see. Lastly the whole trust fund vibe I got from those two quotes is where I drew the line.

It just rubs me wrong.

Edit: Also, I have no problems with their size at all, I mean I enjoy Sam Adams still. I was also a bit harsh earlier, I have liked a lot of Stone's brews, but not enough at their price point to justify buying them again.

Beer talk: Victory's Oak Horizontal is great, well until drank. The aroma is spot on with a lot of sweetness of caramel/toffee and vanilla with the barrel notes very restrained, but when drank the barrel presence is too much. The finish is too hot with bourbon. The beer isn't bad, but it is certainly too hot to fully enjoy right now. This might be better in a few months.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Well, the "mediator" is Wesley Crusher. What do you expect?

SketchyNick
Oct 15, 2005

Midorka posted:

It just rubs me wrong.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Was just at Orlando total wine and 4 pack ruination was $9.99 (along with oaked arrogant bastard) and highest six pack was $12. I wouldnt purchase a $12 six pack from Stone but why would you when lagunitas/*local whatever* is cheaper and just as good.

*edit* - I understand prices vary with region

SketchyNick fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 19, 2013

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Phanatic posted:

$2.17/bottle for stuff that's as good as what Stone puts in a six-pack *rubs you wrong*?

What the gently caress. What do you consider a reasonable price for a six-pack of beer?

Dogfish Head, Left Hand, Lagunitas, Victory, Yards, and Founders, just to name a few off of the top of my head, are all $10 or less for a 6 pack. I don't mind occasionally buying Sculpin for $14 for a 6 pack, but that's a rare occasion. $2 twice a week adds up. There are other variables though about the attitude as well that you're ignoring. Many here may not agree, but Greg rubs me the wrong way in the scenarios I've mentioned.

I just recently had Stone's IPA and it was very good, but I'd rather buy Lagunitas IPA every time over it for $9.49.

This is just my opinion and views from what I've seen though, I guess I'm in the minority here.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 19, 2013

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

SketchyNick posted:

Was just at Orlando total wine and 4 pack ruination was $9.99 (along with oaked arrogant bastard) and highest six pack was $12. I wouldnt purchase a $12 six pack from Stone but why would you when lagunitas/*local whatever* is cheaper and just as good.

I think the main point that we can pull from this is that more breweries should charge $10/6 like Lagunitas does. Seriously, how the hell do they charge so little for so many awesome beers?

They're my go-to brewery. Their stuff only costs $1 more/6er than local beers do (GLBC, Columbus brewing), and I enjoy them quite a bit more than the local stuff since I'm a bit of a hop-freak.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

For CBC people, we are having an event next Friday with Oskar Blues and several other canning breweries. We'll have our four core canned beers at the very least.

What are you guys sending up for DLD?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
oH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

Wednesday, March 27
The Debut of Bluejacket-Three Floyds-Revolution-Half Acre Collaboration Brew + a Slew of Drafts & Casks from each Brewery -ChurchKey - 4pm
Pouring the collaboration brew, an unbelievable American-style India Pale Ale called Fistcal Cliff, and many more kegs and casks from Bluejacket, Three Floyds, Revolution & Half Acre.

The Beer List:
Bluejacket, Half Acre, Revolution & Three Floyds Fistcal Cliff IPA (Brewed for CBC 2013! World Premier!)
Bluejacket, Allagash & Peakskill Share the Rainbow
Bluejacket & Mystic Vespula Mysticus
Bluejacket & Mad Fox Instigator
Three Floyds Zombie Dust
Three Floyds Alpha King
Three Floyds Toxic Revolution
Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf
Three Floyds Dreadnaught
Three Floyds Gumball Head
Half Acre Space IPA
Half Acre Chocolate Camaro
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Half Acre Akari Shogun
Half Acre Lager
Half Acre & Three Floyds Annica
Revolution A Little Crazy
Revolution Working Woman
Revolution Moby Wit
Revolution Samadhi
Revolution Anti-Hero IPA
Revolution Bean Jean

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down

Munkaboo posted:

oH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

Wednesday, March 27
The Debut of Bluejacket-Three Floyds-Revolution-Half Acre Collaboration Brew + a Slew of Drafts & Casks from each Brewery -ChurchKey - 4pm
Pouring the collaboration brew, an unbelievable American-style India Pale Ale called Fistcal Cliff, and many more kegs and casks from Bluejacket, Three Floyds, Revolution & Half Acre.

The Beer List:
Bluejacket, Half Acre, Revolution & Three Floyds Fistcal Cliff IPA (Brewed for CBC 2013! World Premier!)
Bluejacket, Allagash & Peakskill Share the Rainbow
Bluejacket & Mystic Vespula Mysticus
Bluejacket & Mad Fox Instigator
Three Floyds Zombie Dust
Three Floyds Alpha King
Three Floyds Toxic Revolution
Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf
Three Floyds Dreadnaught
Three Floyds Gumball Head
Half Acre Space IPA
Half Acre Chocolate Camaro
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Half Acre Akari Shogun
Half Acre Lager
Half Acre & Three Floyds Annica
Revolution A Little Crazy
Revolution Working Woman
Revolution Moby Wit
Revolution Samadhi
Revolution Anti-Hero IPA
Revolution Bean Jean

This tap list makes me feel real proud to work in Roscoe Village and have half of my family hail from Munster :smug:.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Let's talk homebrewing. Has anyone ever tried Mr. Beer? http://www.mrbeer.com

My girlfriend got this for me for Christmas after I expressed a bit of interest in brewing my own beer. I made my own beer, a "Bavarian Weissbeer" (in quotes because who the gently caress really knows), following the instructions to the T. However, the beer I produced was somewhat weak and really rather thin tasting, nothing like Hoegaarden or Leffe. Did I do something wrong? Is this beer kit just crap? I had to boil some sort of weird goopy mix which I then fermented with yeast, which was not what I was expecting at all, and I'm rather disappointed with the end product.

Is there anything I can do to thicken the next beer I make (a "Mexican Cerveza" ((lmao)) to the point of drinkability? Anything I can add to customize it? Any other homebrewers in this thread?

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437782

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Aha, thank you. I'd still like opinions, since I'm sure this thread gets more traffic. But I'll post there too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Darth Windu posted:

Aha, thank you. I'd still like opinions, since I'm sure this thread gets more traffic. But I'll post there too.

This thread doesn't really get significantly more traffic than the homebrewing thread.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Angry Grimace posted:

This thread doesn't really get significantly more traffic than the homebrewing thread.

The OP claims it is the most popular thread in Goons With Spoons?

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

It's close!

A number of successful pro brewers got their start with Mr. Beer, but what all of them agree upon is that Mr. Beer is not useful for producing much of anything good and they only got places once they purchased a real kit from a homebrew shop.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Homebrewing is officially legal in Mississippi. Congratulations!

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2013/pdf/history/SB/SB2183.xml

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

air- posted:

Homebrewing is officially legal in Mississippi. Congratulations!

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2013/pdf/history/SB/SB2183.xml

Welcome to the 1930s, Mississippi. Maybe you'll manage to attain Cold War-level civilization before the rest of us are flying around in hovercars and teleporting our lunches to the moon every day. I swear, watching politics in the South feels like playing Civilization on easy.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

Speaking of legalizing homebrewing, this video from a homebrew debate in Alabama is hilarious and sad at the same time.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Oh, this conversation again? I'll just drop this here: http://watchdog.org/75381/pa-liquor-privatization-vote-a-first-step-towards-free-market-industry/

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Sour in the Rye is drat delicious. Shared a bottle with some friends during the ACC tourny and everyone went out the next day to buy more at Total Wine.

Also, Total Wine had some ridiculous prices yesterday. Weyerbacher Quad 4-pack for $3.99? And a shelf of Liefman's Goudenband for $6.99? Ok, sure. Had one of the Quads last night and picked up more bannana flavor than I'm used to for a quad, but overall it was pretty good. Certainly worth $1 a bottle.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Midorka posted:

Speaking of legalizing homebrewing, this video from a homebrew debate in Alabama is hilarious and sad at the same time.

"M-E-A-D mead what's that?" That man sounded drunk on the very (healthy!) Chivas Regal he spoke so highly of. We have florida.gif; this seems like a sufficient choice for alabama.avi.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Colorado receives limited release of Stone Enjoy By 04.20.13 IPA

:getin: Their little beer finder app has it available at a butt-ton of places so hopefully I can score a few.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Picked up a growler of Columbus Brewing Co's Bodhi DIPA for $10.99 :2bong:

SketchyNick
Oct 15, 2005
So despite the price, mead rules. Have tried four B. Nektar offerings within the past month and all have been very good. Zombie killer was the sweetest but Mango blackpepper, vanilla cinnamon and evil genius were pretty amazing coming from a mostly beer palette.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

SketchyNick posted:

So despite the price, mead rules. Have tried four B. Nektar offerings within the past month and all have been very good. Zombie killer was the sweetest but Mango blackpepper, vanilla cinnamon and evil genius were pretty amazing coming from a mostly beer palette.

Mead is indeed awesome, B. Nektar is having their Mead Fest on 4/20, I'll be there. They'll be re-introducing their Bourbon Barrel Mead, which is amazing.

Make sure you track down NecroMANGOcon when it hits shelves in the next month or so:

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Here they come...

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

wattershed posted:

Here they come...

Hopefully they're less than $15/6er in OH :haw:

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

wattershed posted:

Here they come...

Holy poo poo. Those cans look so much better than the bottles.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Bottles are being redesigned too. They're just slow in getting that going because they were trying to get the cans done.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
since people are posting taplists, here is Mekong's answer to CBC (for the entire week, spelling/grammatical errors not mine, my italics, sorry it's so long):

ALL on DRAFT at Mekong is for Beer Lovers NEXT WEEK
Goose Island Bourbon County 2012 ( Vietnamese Coffee ) :) (assuming it's going through a Randall)
Hardywood Bourbon DIPA 2012
Hardywood Bourbon Hoplar
Hardywood Barrels Blend #3
Hardywood Barrel blend Blackberry/Grand Cru
Hardywood Bourbon barrel Imperial Stout
Hardywood Sidamo Stout aged in Marker's Mark barrel
Hardywood Bourbon GBS 2012
Hardywood Bourbon Pumkin 2012
Hardywood Barrel Aged Singel
Del Ducato Blueberry nightmare
BFM abbaye de St Bon Chien 2011
BFM Sq Rt 225 Saison Aged in Bon Chien barrel
Baladin Wayan Sour
Allagash Curieux 2009, 2010, 2011
Allagash Interlude 2011
Allagash Bourbon Black
Allagash FV 13
Loverbeer Madamin
t'Smisje Oudanarde Imperial Sour Red
De glazen toren cuvée Angelique ransom barrel
Barley Friska Romanto barrel
Hofstetten Kuelbelbier Ransom barrel
Firestone walker 16th Anninersary
The Bruery Smoking Wood
The Bruery Rye the Sour
COTU Oak Aged PocaHOPtas
COTU Barrel Aged Scotch Ale2012
COTU Bourdon Barrel 13% Imperial Milk Stout
Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti 2009
Great Divide Oak aged Chocolate Yeti 2009
Great Divide Oak Aged Espresso Yeti
Barley Toccadibo aged in Bella late harvested Zinfandel Barrel
J W Lees Harvest Calvados 2011
Flying Dog Barrel Aged Gonzo 2012
Duchesse de Bourgogne
Ichtegem Grand Cru
Bockor Cuvée de Jacobin Rouge
De Proef/Hair of Dog Flanders Fred
Blue Mountain Dark Hollow
Blue Mountain Dark Hollow w/Coffee
Blue Mountain Barrel Aged Dirty Belgian
Dogfish Head Palo Santo 2010, 2011
Dogfish Head Red n White 2010
Dogfish Head Burton Baton
Terrapin Oak Aged Big Hoppy Monster
Founders backward Bastard 2010
Ommegang Biere d'Hougomont
Trolls Palanfrina Special Batch aged in Ramsom Spirit barrel
Harviestoun Bitter & Twist aged in Gin/Pinot Noir barrel
Hitachino Nest Ancient Nipponia aged in Ransom Whisky
Bavik Petrus Aged Pale
Liefmans Oud Bruin
Reisdorf Kolsh aged in Channing Daughter's PAZZO barrel
Uinta Sea Legs Baltic Porter aged in 16yrs Ritterhouse Whisky
Uinta CockeYe Cooper Bourbon barrel Barleywine
Uinta Labyrinth Black Ale aged in Rye and Bourbon barrels
Mad Fox Oak Aged Wee Heavy
Mad Fox Crazy Ivan Bourbon barrel Imperial Stout
Mad Fox Batch 100
Laughing Dog 2010, 2011 Bourbon Barrel Dogfather Imperial Stout
St Bernardus ABTO (?)
Heavy Seas Bourbon DIPA
Heavy Seas Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
New Belgium Lip of Faith Julie Kessler Select
Lost Rhino Woody Stout
Green Flash Mystery #1 (supposedly includes Silva and Shaggy)
Green Flash Mystery #2
Green Flash Mystery #3
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Nawhal
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Ovila Quad
Midnight Barrel Aged Series #1
Andall #1(Blackberry Gueuze) (An is the owner, that's what they call the Randall)
Andall #2 (Untamed Italian Wild )
Andall #3 (Strawberry Gueuze )
Andall #4 ( Bon Berry )
Andall #5 ( Plead the Fifth w/oak chips n vanilla beans )
Andall #6 (Tamarind chili Stout )
New Holland 2009 Dragon's Milk Stout
and more to come :)
BEER IS THE ANSWER

haven't enjoyed any of the the Zymatore Project beers, but there's still more than enough to make a few trips over the course of the week. any of the aged stuff are kegs he's been sitting on and we haven't been getting Great Divide here for a few years now. oh, and almost all the sour stuff listed he has on tap all the time- in fact, they now have 32 regular taps, ten of which are always sour. okay, now back to people posting insane CBC taplists...

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

wattershed posted:

Here they come...

Aww man, they took off the fish.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

funkybottoms posted:

since people are posting taplists, here is Mekong's answer to CBC (for the entire week, spelling/grammatical errors not mine, my italics, sorry it's so long):

ALL on DRAFT at Mekong is for Beer Lovers NEXT WEEK
Goose Island Bourbon County 2012 ( Vietnamese Coffee ) :) (assuming it's going through a Randall)
Hardywood Bourbon DIPA 2012
Hardywood Bourbon Hoplar
Hardywood Barrels Blend #3
Hardywood Barrel blend Blackberry/Grand Cru
Hardywood Bourbon barrel Imperial Stout
Hardywood Sidamo Stout aged in Marker's Mark barrel
Hardywood Bourbon GBS 2012
Hardywood Bourbon Pumkin 2012
Hardywood Barrel Aged Singel
Del Ducato Blueberry nightmare
BFM abbaye de St Bon Chien 2011
BFM Sq Rt 225 Saison Aged in Bon Chien barrel
Baladin Wayan Sour
Allagash Curieux 2009, 2010, 2011
Allagash Interlude 2011
Allagash Bourbon Black
Allagash FV 13
Loverbeer Madamin
t'Smisje Oudanarde Imperial Sour Red
De glazen toren cuvée Angelique ransom barrel
Barley Friska Romanto barrel
Hofstetten Kuelbelbier Ransom barrel
Firestone walker 16th Anninersary
The Bruery Smoking Wood
The Bruery Rye the Sour
COTU Oak Aged PocaHOPtas
COTU Barrel Aged Scotch Ale2012
COTU Bourdon Barrel 13% Imperial Milk Stout
Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti 2009
Great Divide Oak aged Chocolate Yeti 2009
Great Divide Oak Aged Espresso Yeti
Barley Toccadibo aged in Bella late harvested Zinfandel Barrel
J W Lees Harvest Calvados 2011
Flying Dog Barrel Aged Gonzo 2012
Duchesse de Bourgogne
Ichtegem Grand Cru
Bockor Cuvée de Jacobin Rouge
De Proef/Hair of Dog Flanders Fred
Blue Mountain Dark Hollow
Blue Mountain Dark Hollow w/Coffee
Blue Mountain Barrel Aged Dirty Belgian
Dogfish Head Palo Santo 2010, 2011
Dogfish Head Red n White 2010
Dogfish Head Burton Baton
Terrapin Oak Aged Big Hoppy Monster
Founders backward Bastard 2010
Ommegang Biere d'Hougomont
Trolls Palanfrina Special Batch aged in Ramsom Spirit barrel
Harviestoun Bitter & Twist aged in Gin/Pinot Noir barrel
Hitachino Nest Ancient Nipponia aged in Ransom Whisky
Bavik Petrus Aged Pale
Liefmans Oud Bruin
Reisdorf Kolsh aged in Channing Daughter's PAZZO barrel
Uinta Sea Legs Baltic Porter aged in 16yrs Ritterhouse Whisky
Uinta CockeYe Cooper Bourbon barrel Barleywine
Uinta Labyrinth Black Ale aged in Rye and Bourbon barrels
Mad Fox Oak Aged Wee Heavy
Mad Fox Crazy Ivan Bourbon barrel Imperial Stout
Mad Fox Batch 100
Laughing Dog 2010, 2011 Bourbon Barrel Dogfather Imperial Stout
St Bernardus ABTO (?)
Heavy Seas Bourbon DIPA
Heavy Seas Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
New Belgium Lip of Faith Julie Kessler Select
Lost Rhino Woody Stout
Green Flash Mystery #1 (supposedly includes Silva and Shaggy)
Green Flash Mystery #2
Green Flash Mystery #3
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Nawhal
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot
Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Ovila Quad
Midnight Barrel Aged Series #1
Andall #1(Blackberry Gueuze) (An is the owner, that's what they call the Randall)
Andall #2 (Untamed Italian Wild )
Andall #3 (Strawberry Gueuze )
Andall #4 ( Bon Berry )
Andall #5 ( Plead the Fifth w/oak chips n vanilla beans )
Andall #6 (Tamarind chili Stout )
New Holland 2009 Dragon's Milk Stout
and more to come :)
BEER IS THE ANSWER

haven't enjoyed any of the the Zymatore Project beers, but there's still more than enough to make a few trips over the course of the week. any of the aged stuff are kegs he's been sitting on and we haven't been getting Great Divide here for a few years now. oh, and almost all the sour stuff listed he has on tap all the time- in fact, they now have 32 regular taps, ten of which are always sour. okay, now back to people posting insane CBC taplists...

I just came here to post this! Do you think I could set up a tent and just crash there?

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Am I the only one who actually doesn't really dig those cans? I think it's the base color making it look like an old 70's can of Billy Beer that I can't get behind.

Has anyone had that Game of Thrones Ommegang release? Is it worth getting or just a marketing gimmick?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

RiggenBlaque posted:

Am I the only one who actually doesn't really dig those cans? I think it's the base color making it look like an old 70's can of Billy Beer that I can't get behind.

i was thinking the same thing. that or paint.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

I just came here to post this! Do you think I could set up a tent and just crash there?

i bet someone could pull an RV into the back lot and make a killing renting out sleeping space. in other local beer news, Hardywood's Firkin Fridays are generally disappointing, but this week's should be good- Andy, a cook at Acacia, has added lactobacillus and cherries to a pin of Singel, so hopefully it will have had enough time to get nice and funky. guaranteed to be better than Virginia Strawberry, anyway.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

RiggenBlaque posted:

Its pre-instagrammed so the filter has to do less work so you can upload pictures of yourself drinking it faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

RiggenBlaque posted:

I actually kind of like it. It reminds me of Coors (not Light) or Gennesse. An old school style label. Then again, I also love me some retro NFL jerseys and such.