Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Blowdryer posted:

everyone else's mixes all of the tracks seem like they're from a secret lair of tracks no ones ever heard but I never feel that way about mine.

I go through every release on beatport under certain genres, every month. It takes a lot of time and dedication, but I find tracks that are amazing that you will never find unless you spend hours and hours.

Here is one example:
http://www.beatport.com/track/tres-golpes-original-mix/3521663

That's what it's all about for me. Tracks like this.

e: another,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6rJX7ChIv0

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
My Beatport is your friend for finding new music. Just follow the artists and labels you like and you can kind of spiders web out from there gradually finding other new labels/artists as they drift into your latest My Beatport.

Fake edit: There is way too much poo poo music out there to really justify doing what mitztronic does, but you do find some utter gems.

n00b
Jul 13, 2006
Or you could just lose yourself in the pile of music that's been produced since the invention of the record player.

Another old timey mix, with a track selection that aims to mirror the Paradise Garage sets back in the early 80s. I think the general feel is pretty accurate (now if only I could mix like Levan...)

http://soundcloud.com/welshboy64/paradise-with-levan

Artist // Track

Steve Miller Band - Macho City
Tambi - You Don't Know (Horse Meat Disco Remix)
Lars - I Got a Feeling
K.I.D. - Hupendi Muziki Wangu (You Don't Like My Music)
Yoko Ono - Walking on Thin Ice (1981 re-edit)
Mr. Fingers - Can You Feel It? (Original)
Garvey (Feat. Q Lazzarus) - Goodbye Horses
Donna Summer - I Feel Love (12" Single)

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

mitztronic posted:

I go through every release on beatport under certain genres, every month. It takes a lot of time and dedication, but I find tracks that are amazing that you will never find unless you spend hours and hours.

I did this when Beatport first launched...nearly 10 years ago. There's just way too much content nowadays to keep up that way. My Beatport works well enough; I've built up enough of a list of artists and labels that I'm able to effectively spiderweb to lots of new unknown material. I end up having to sit on a lot of it, and as a result my hold bin is ridic.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I typically use artist's soundclouds, their beatport pages, label SCs, blogs, mixes of people I like, and discographies usually. I totally feel like the area of music I'm mostly missing out on is the old stuff. I'm really into deep house/electro(like the recent mix not commercial or annoying harsh stuff)/garage influenced house and I'd love to get into their old tracks, where can I find mixes of this stuff? or just tracks in general?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Blowdryer posted:

I typically use artist's soundclouds, their beatport pages, label SCs, blogs, mixes of people I like, and discographies usually. I totally feel like the area of music I'm mostly missing out on is the old stuff. I'm really into deep house/electro(like the recent mix not commercial or annoying harsh stuff)/garage influenced house and I'd love to get into their old tracks, where can I find mixes of this stuff? or just tracks in general?

A tough one, finding older music can be difficult, especially when lots of links (i.e. dj mix) from 3-5+ years ago no longer work.

One potential thing you can do is, if you have specific artists (that have toured) in mind, you can try to find some old live mixes of theirs, hopefully with a tracklisting (but there is always shazam).

https://www.tribalmixes.com is a probably one of the best sources for DJ mixes, especially from the last 10 or so years.

So, if you can find a mix you like, find some tracks you like from that mix and then toss them into beatport and go from there. Beatport rarely does a good job of recommending similiar tracks, but you sometimes get lucky. You can also go to the label and then filter by tracks that were released in that time period. There are a lot of possibilities for finding similar music on beatport.

You can also go to the previous dj thread and go page by page searching for whichever genre you're looking for. There are a lot of really good mixes scattered about

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

vanilla slimfast posted:

I did this when Beatport first launched...nearly 10 years ago. There's just way too much content nowadays to keep up that way. My Beatport works well enough; I've built up enough of a list of artists and labels that I'm able to effectively spiderweb to lots of new unknown material. I end up having to sit on a lot of it, and as a result my hold bin is ridic.

My problem with Beatport is the lack of quality control (I could probably put a microphone in a trashcan and throw it down the stairs and they would sell it) and all the duplicate music that gets republished on "new" labels or 2nd hand labels like Recovery Tech months after the original was released.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I've found tracks that were re-released a month or two and I found them on the second release, so I don't really have a problem with that.

But yeah, the complete poo poo that gets released... I'm mixed on that... That's really in the label's court though. If a label releases a lot of complete poo poo I just write them off and make a mental note to skip them.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

mitztronic posted:

I've found tracks that were re-released a month or two and I found them on the second release, so I don't really have a problem with that.

But yeah, the complete poo poo that gets released... I'm mixed on that... That's really in the label's court though. If a label releases a lot of complete poo poo I just write them off and make a mental note to skip them.

I usually suffer from "hey this is good" and buy it, only to find out that I had bought it months ago and forgot about it. Done that plenty of times.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Now that's just silly.

In terms of finding older stuff, depending on how far you're looking to go back, old Beatport charts of artists are a good way of finding stuff from now deceased labels etc. I found out about Dubfire this way (yes my techno education is bad) when I saw this track on a guys chart from 2008. Beautiful minimal techno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0Z5kiBfTI

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

geeves posted:

My problem with Beatport is the lack of quality control (I could probably put a microphone in a trashcan and throw it down the stairs and they would sell it) and all the duplicate music that gets republished on "new" labels or 2nd hand labels like Recovery Tech months after the original was released.

Do you mean quality control as in lovely recordings or do you mean bad music? Arguably as a storefront they're not in the business of curating good or bad music. I haven't really run into that many issues with poor sound quality but I don't have a giant library either. I feel like the compilations problem isn't really them either; the labels push that poo poo out all the time so I don't even know what to do.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I just made a new march 160bpm mini mix

8 tunes in 11 min, limited d/l on this one cause I will probably have to delete it off my SC soon:

https://soundcloud.com/djchumpchang...-march-mini-mix
1.Slick Shoota - Booyaka Shuffle(M-beat refix)

2.DJ Curt & DJ Manny - Bands

3.Kaptain Cadillac - boune & bang (static remix)

4. 2tall - Lucifer

5. Rashad, DJ Phil, Tony Moondoctor, Etc, - Bitch Dont kill my vibe

6. 2tall - i get lonely too

7. TLC - Fanmail

8. Ben Aqua - Reset Yourself

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I can't sleep, so I'll be going live on MixLR in about a half hour.

http://mixlr.com/centurion-beats/

Starting out with some deep dubstep, maybe move the energy level up as the sun comes up, hopefully I'll wind up playing D&B. My own tunes here & there (including an exclusive Hip-Hop track I produced for a college friend). For the most part I'll be flying by the seat of my pants, but there will be a handful of tried & tested transitions in there. Three decks if I'm feeling particularly sassy.

Trip report: gently caress, you can tell I'm running on zero sleep. That was kind of a shite mix.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 20, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For Beatport I listen to all the dub techno since there's not much. For deep house I use My Beatport as I mentioned, and occasinally go through some new deep house releases to find new labels/artists to favorite. There's like 150 new deep house tracks each day, so it's too overwhelming to hear everything.

Speaking of which -

New deep mix. Couldn't find much dub techno I liked recently, so this is mostly dubby/deep house stuff. A couple tracks off Steyoyoke, which is a pretty cool label.

https://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/scott-jackson-deep-07

SpecDub - The Chase
DP-6 - The Cricket
Dahu - Deep In The Woods
Lois and The Love - Rabbit Hole (Matt Tolfrey dub)
Yuri Petrovski - Autumn
Huxley - Get Your Own (Kevin Griffiths dub)
Adam Jace - Shiraz (Ilias Katelanos remix)
Dahu - Falun (Mat.joe remix)
Tom Middleton - Hawkes Groove (dub)

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 21, 2013

Fuckabees
Aug 8, 2012

"White Liiiiiiines, blow through my miiiind"

--The Fat Boys
Another Mix set...I just love digging and findin new tunes. Hopefully some of you will enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/chakaron/strictly-butter

Tracks:
Moon and Walker - Love a Little More (Ride the Universe Remix).
Glen Check - 84'
Para One feat Jaw - When the Night
Ralph Tresvant - Can't Buy You Love
Tupac - Do 4 Love (Sunny S Edit)
Bondax - Gold (Moon Boots Remix)
Janet Jackson - All for You
Matt Mendez & Riggs - Turn on The Light (PWNDTIAC Remix)
Miami Nights 1984 - Stop Drop and Roll RMX
Blue Satellite and Jhameel - Relapse (Cosmonaut Grechko Version)
French Kiwi Juice - Lying Together
The Gap Band - Outstanding

internetstuff
Dec 27, 2009

Alfajor posted:

I played a NYE gig at a house party, and I think I did alright. It was only my 2nd time playing for people, so I'd really like some feedback on what I can do better, and anything else that can be said about my set.
http://www.mixcloud.com/alfaj0r/2013-new-years-eve-house-party/

I really enjoyed this! I don't really know what you mean about the sloppy mixing, I think it all sounds great. Really talented and cool, eclectic music choices. What gear do you use?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone else having trouble uploading to mixcloud?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Guys i did a set of my own stuff last night and it was amazing. I'd never DJed before, and first sat down with Traktor on Wednesday to prepare the tracks and start practising. Picked up the ways of the program over the rest of the week and then borrowed a friend's S4 controller and went to town. There was simply no transition period between controlling Traktor with a mouse and with the S4. I'm so close to buying my own :D. A couple of spotty transitions but I kept the whole room dancing for 3 hours so I'm very happy. Nobody told me how physically exhausting this poo poo is! I admit I was hopping around and flialing my arms a lot, with a huge stupid grin on my face. I wish I'd gotten around to learning how to record a mix from Traktor though, I have no recording now :( But that's okay, I have my memories :D

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

wayfinder posted:

Guys i did a set of my own stuff last night and it was amazing. I'd never DJed before, and first sat down with Traktor on Wednesday to prepare the tracks and start practising. Picked up the ways of the program over the rest of the week and then borrowed a friend's S4 controller and went to town. There was simply no transition period between controlling Traktor with a mouse and with the S4. I'm so close to buying my own :D. A couple of spotty transitions but I kept the whole room dancing for 3 hours so I'm very happy. Nobody told me how physically exhausting this poo poo is! I admit I was hopping around and flialing my arms a lot, with a huge stupid grin on my face. I wish I'd gotten around to learning how to record a mix from Traktor though, I have no recording now :( But that's okay, I have my memories :D

Now you just need to go on tour and come out to SF :haw:

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
This is the first one of these I'm really happy with. Criticism welcome :) I only got "serious" about this in the past month or so. Until then I was just throwing stuff together in Djay and calling it good.

Zedd - Clarity Feat. Foxes (Funkagenda Remix)
Velvetine - The Great Divide (Seven Lions remix)
Blackmill - Fortune Soul
Armin van Buuren & W&W - D# Fat
BT, Nadia Ali, Arty - Must Be The Love (Shogun Remix)
Dinka - Purple
VNV Nation - Carry you
Lindsey Stirling - Zi-Zi's Journey
Armin van Buuren - I'll Listen feat. Ana Criado (John O'Callaghan Dark Mix)
Cosmic Gate - Crushed
Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child feat John Martin
Porter Robinson - Language
Nervo - You're Gonna Love Again (Extended Mix)
Delerium - Days Turn Into Nights feat. Michael Logan (Seven Lions Remix)
Seven Lions - Below Us Feat. Shaz Sparks

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys! Just realized that I hadn't updated my mixcloud in about two months solid, so I've thrown a new liquid drum and bass mix on there earlier tonight. 40 minutes of some smooth, rolling basslines, perfect for the spring days coming up. Turn it on during a night time cruise in the whip!

http://www.mixcloud.com/styliferous/styliferous-liquid-dnb-mini-mix-spring-2013/
Download link is in the mixcloud description.

quote:

TRACKLIST

1) S.P.Y - You
2) Seba - Snow
3) Alix Perez - Lovebug
4) Phil Tangent - Restitution
5) DRS - Soul Remembers (ft. Dub Phizix & Fox)
6) Ivy Lab - Afterthought
7) Brian McKnight - Stay or Let It Go (Sabre Remix)
8 ) Commix - How You Gonna Feel
9) Lenzman - How Did I Let You Go (ft. Riya)
10) S.P.Y - Kiss The Sky
11) Kasra & Enei - So Real
12) Natalie Duncan - Sky Is Falling (Lenzman Remix)
13) Enei - 2012 (ft. Eastcolours)

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.

internetstuff posted:

I really enjoyed this! I don't really know what you mean about the sloppy mixing, I think it all sounds great. Really talented and cool, eclectic music choices. What gear do you use?

Ah poo poo, just now seeing this. Thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words. I'm using the most basic entry-level mixer, a Mixtrack Pro. This one I did using VirtualDJ, but I've recently started using Serato DJ, and I think my mixing is a bit better.
All the feedback I've gotten though has been huge about the track selection. To me, that's a huge compliment! :)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
http://mixlr.com/centurion-beats/

I'll be going live again in about two minutes. Deep dubstep, D&B, probably move to higher-energy poo poo at some point. Hopefully this goes better than last time; significantly more of it will be playlist selections and my own tunes (maybe).

Help me with my insomnia. Or just have a listen.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
2 q's...

1. Which host is the standard now for putting up mixes? Preferably with a DL link?
2. Would this be the correct thread for what I'd call an "audio variety show"? It was made with a DJ mix mindset but there are extended sections of comedy/found audio.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

2 q's...

1. Which host is the standard now for putting up mixes? Preferably with a DL link?
2. Would this be the correct thread for what I'd call an "audio variety show"? It was made with a DJ mix mindset but there are extended sections of comedy/found audio.

1. soundcloud, as long as you can dodge their auto copyright detection bs. mixcloud is also an option, but they are streaming-only (no download)
2. this thread is as good a place as any

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hoooooray!

Here it is. Good tunes. Good laughs. GOOD LAWRD!

This is something I've wanted to do for a while and now it's here, woo hoo! I pictured this project as a kind of audio variety show, a DJ mix that incorporates found audio and comedy bits as well as an eclectic selection of tunes. I intend for it to be a series and something I'm working on every week but we'll see how that goes. This first episode was intended to be a mini-mix proof of concept but it got on it's own kind of roll and ended up very close to the length I want to give each mix (approx 30 mins). I want to create original content for some of the non-music bits in the future, and that's really the only concept this mix is missing.

If you're interested in more keep an eye on http://twitter.com/GDLRD_Radio

https://soundcloud.com/good-lawrd-radio/proof-of-life

Tracklist:

1. GOOD LAWRD!
2. Hello, it's me.
3. Burger Enforcement
4. Brian Wilson breakdancing inside a piano
5. Sandwich Enforcement
6. I could go for this
7. Tech Support 7D2
8. Yellow Tux at the Grammies

Actual tracklist and sources

1. Random preacher, searched youtube for "Good lord!"
2. Todd Rundgren - Hello it's me
3. Actual 911 call, not sure where I heard it originally
4a. The Beach Boys - Smile, one of the bonus discs
4b. SebastiAn - Tetra
5. Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Broodwich
6. The Avalanches - Oh yeah/I Can't Go For That/Windowlicker remix
7. Matt Besser - May I help you Dumbass? (Brilliant reverse prank call album, google it)
8. Mellowhype ft. Frankie Ocean - Astro

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
As impressive as a Lexus stuffed with Rolexes (not really, but thanks Tom Haverford for the idea) I wanted to share my newest mix with the Goon Collective.

Stream it here

Get the gapless individual tracks here

I've tried to blend electro, drum & bass, and dubstep into one set as well as dropping in some sweet samples. The result I feel is a pretty banging ~69 minutes. Comments always welcome!

Track List (hottest tracks in bold)

quote:

OVERWERK – 1230
Nero – Reaching Out (Fred Falke Remix)
edIT – More Lazers (Original Mix)
Rihanna – Jump (Protohype Hype-ified Remix Re-edit)
Lil Mama – Lip Gloss (Gold Top Remix)
Dirty South & Thomas Gold – Alive feat. Kate Elsworth (Hyperbits Remix)
Fleetwood Mac – Dreams (Dave Edwards Remix)
Salvador G – XXXtra Dangerous
Tommie Sunshine & Disco Fries feat. Kid Sister – Cool Without You (Dave Silcox Remix)
Icona Pop – I Love It (Nicky Z. Remix)
culineR feat. Sisely Treasure – Into Vapor (Gosteffects Remix)
Krewella – Come and Get It (The Chaotic Good Remix)
La Roux – In For the Kill (Skream Remix)
Chase and Status feat. Jenna G – In Love
Zedd – Follow You Down (Keys N Krates Remix)
Hadouken – Oxygen (Gemini Remix)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I made a thing

I haven't played more relaxed stuff for a while. Most parties want the harder stuff, so it was nice to be able to play stuff that's a bit calmer

Tracklist

If You Only Knew (Original Mix) - Finnebassen
Wrong (Original Mix) - Claptone
Imprint Of Pleasure (Original Mix) - Tube & Berger
Hi Life (Cheeky Bold Cover) - Monkey Safari
The Blackness (Rhadow Meets NTFO Remix) - Tigersking Feat. Lazarusmean
Stronger (Miguel Campbell Club Mix) - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Walk Alone (Maceo Plex Revenge Mix) - Maetrik
Beg (Hot Since 82 Future Mix) - Yousef
No Sympathy (Original Mix) - Maya Jane Coles
Acid House (Original Mix) - Cajmere Feat. Wayne WIlliams
Your Love (Waze And Odyssey Remix) - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Why (Monte Remix) - Nicone
Enemy (Original Mix) - &ME, Rampa, Nomi Ruiz, NR&
Amame (Noir Is In The House Remix) - Intruder (A Murk Production), Jei
The Giver (Original Mix) - Duke Dumont

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

TracerBullet posted:

As impressive as a Lexus stuffed with Rolexes (not really, but thanks Tom Haverford for the idea) I wanted to share my newest mix with the Goon Collective.

[url=https://soundcloud.com/djtracerbullet/rolexus]

Putting this on while I play some vidyagames. Loving it.

Edit: Yeah, real good stuff right there.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 14, 2013

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Solus posted:

I made a thing

I haven't played more relaxed stuff for a while. Most parties want the harder stuff, so it was nice to be able to play stuff that's a bit calmer

Tracklist

If You Only Knew (Original Mix) - Finnebassen
Wrong (Original Mix) - Claptone
Imprint Of Pleasure (Original Mix) - Tube & Berger
Hi Life (Cheeky Bold Cover) - Monkey Safari
The Blackness (Rhadow Meets NTFO Remix) - Tigersking Feat. Lazarusmean
Stronger (Miguel Campbell Club Mix) - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Walk Alone (Maceo Plex Revenge Mix) - Maetrik
Beg (Hot Since 82 Future Mix) - Yousef
No Sympathy (Original Mix) - Maya Jane Coles
Acid House (Original Mix) - Cajmere Feat. Wayne WIlliams
Your Love (Waze And Odyssey Remix) - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Why (Monte Remix) - Nicone
Enemy (Original Mix) - &ME, Rampa, Nomi Ruiz, NR&
Amame (Noir Is In The House Remix) - Intruder (A Murk Production), Jei
The Giver (Original Mix) - Duke Dumont

Nice.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Putting this on while I play some vidyagames. Loving it.

Edit: Yeah, real good stuff right there.

Thanks much, glad you like it! I agree on having it as 'background music' for video games suggestion...Diablo 3 is infinitely more entertaining.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

https://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-on-ultrawizardsword-2013-04-12

Here is the recording of my live broadcast on ultrawizardsword.net on April 12, 2013 (last Friday)

Tracklisting
01. T-Polar - That Was Annie [Rebirth]
02. Chmara Winter - Dive feat. Vera D [Pets Recordings]
03. Lessovsky - Far Away [MLP Music]
04. Kolombo - Shape Your Life feat. Vince L (Daniel Bortz Remix)
05. Urulu & Steve Huerta - Posessions [Dirt Crew Recordings]
06. Patrice Bäumel - The Woods [EX 1]
07. Yosa & Shu Okuyama - Cantharellus []
08. Pitto - Richklap (Jackmate Remix) [Wolfskuil Ltd]
09. Catz 'n Dogz & dOP - Deaf Wagrant (Selianka Edit) [Watergate Records]
10. Rodriguez Jr. & And.Id - Roads [Mobilee]
11. David Vunk & Ben La Desh - Deep Valley [Moustache Records]
12. Martin Aquino - Aomame (Simon Garcia Remix) [Surface Recordings]
13. Waterfall & Evans - 00.1 [Dilate Records]
14. Guy Gerber - The Golden Sun and the Silver Moon feat. Clarian (GG & Clarian Edit) [Supplement Facts]
15. Dance Spirit - Don't Walk Away (dOP Remix) [Supernature]
16. Sven Von Thuelen - Those Days and Nights [Suol]
17. Dusky - What I Never Knew (Mono Bass Vinyl Version) [Aus Music]
18. Shadow Child - Sensible Haircut [Food Music]
19. Kraak & Smaak - The Future Is Yours (Futurizm Remix) [Jalapeno Records]
20. Aleksi Perala - Hyperwave [Replhex]
21. John Tejada & Josh Humphrey - Fempto Frames [Palette Recordings]
22. Javier Moreno - Palma Acid [Esperanza]
23. Marc Poppcke & Max Von Valentiner - Never Go Back (Santiago Garcia Remix) [Crossfrontier Audio]
24. Model 500 - OFI (Sei A Remix) [Apollo]
25. James Teej - Liking Your Disorder [Last Night On Earth]
26. Catz 'n Dogz - Do Your Job [dirtybird]
27. Disclosure - Boiling (Dixon Rework) [Greco-Roman]
28. Andres - New For U
29. Butch - Revolution [Cecille Numbers]
30. Adam Port - Black Noise (Kink Live Mix) [Cocoon Recordings]
31. Jason Bye - Fanta Cairo - Baggio [Playmore Terrys]
32. Roger Martinez - Eschaton [Gem Records]
33. Medway & Sean Cusik - Neutrix [Saw Recordings]
34. Marc Romboy & Ken Ishii - Helium [Systematic Recordings]
35. Beacon - Feeling's Gone [Ghostly]
36. LTJ Bukem - Constellation feat. DRS [goodlooking Records]
37. ILS - Flame Out [Electrico Records]
38. Nightmares On Wax - Night's Introlude [Warp Records]

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
That was quite a night!

Young Cato
Dec 22, 2006
holla ho holla
After a bunch of deliberation I finally purchased my first controller a couple weeks ago (a Denon MC2000). It took a little while to get a hang of Traktor, but I've managed to record two little bedroom mini-mixes, with video as well. I mostly mix Jersey Club (a genre that exists almost exclusively on Soundcloud), but there's some other stuff thrown in as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SEDxHKZsYA
code:
juicy j - codine cups
blvck lite - do u think of me (ultrademon remix)
yung satan - soft-e-bleaqer
eazy e - love for them gangstas (mike gip remix)
dj runnah - BaBY BY Me
deejay empire - dump it styles 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hLyNffetLw
code:
mr. de' - detroit zoo (feat. buxx)
gunplay - Na Nigga Ft. Sam Sneak ,Trina & Tip Drill (dirty)
abe201_trmg - MAKE IT JUMP
friendly ghost - sex planet QT TRAP MIX
panic & opera - best i ever had [EMG remix]
biggie - 10 crack commandments (mike gip remix)
c.z. - beat that
abe201_trmg & 93rd the connect - get back #MOVIE

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.

Young Cato posted:

with video as well.

If you're going to record video, make it fun to watch. You're just kinda sitting there... needs more dancing or at least heavier head bopping. But congrats on your new purchase! :)

----

I'm going to record a few mini-mixes as well, to promote for my first Saturday-night gig coming up (May 11th!). Here's the first: http://www.mixcloud.com/alfaj0r/kilometro-cero/.
I've been working on different styles of transitions, having lots of fun playing with timing, effects and a sample here and there. Honest and sincere feedback most welcome.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Alfajor posted:

If you're going to record video, make it fun to watch. You're just kinda sitting there... needs more dancing or at least heavier head bopping. But congrats on your new purchase! :)

In your next video let's see you work those spreadsheets!

just messing with you man.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
I think this one turned out really well. I'm becoming a lot more confident that I might finally be ready to play out.

quote:

1. Rezonate - Ash
2. Blackmill - Fortune Soul
3. Zedd - Clarity feat. Foxes (Shreddie Mercury Remix)
4. Morgan Page, Nadia Ali - Carry Me (Dyro Remix)
5. Armin van Buuren - Waiting For The Night feat. Fiora (Clinton VanSciver Remix)
6. Discopolis - Committed To Sparkle Motion (DubVision Remix)
7. Cosmic Gate - Crushed
8. Alesso, Matthew Koma - Years (Vocal Extended Mix)
9. Pryda - Mirage
10. Alesso - If I Lose Myself (Alesso vs. OneRepublic Extended Remix)
11. Morgan Page, Stefan Dabruck - Credo
12. Mat Zo, Porter Robinson - Easy (Extended Mix)
13. Above & Beyond - Sun & Moon (Club Mix) [feat. Richard Bedford]
14. Seven Lions - Below Us Feat. Shaz Sparks (Original Mix)
15. Nero - Must Be the Feeling (Flux Pavilion & Nero Remix)
16. BT, Nadia Ali, Arty - Must Be The Love (Original Mix)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Not really the purview of the thread, but this might help for next time.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/06/24/how-to-make-a-great-dj-video/

Solus fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 19, 2013

Axer
Mar 16, 2013

Dessert Rose posted:

I think this one turned out really well. I'm becoming a lot more confident that I might finally be ready to play out.

Nice set, really like those tracks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIMMEL
Jan 24, 2005

by Lowtax
Made an 80s "car chase" mix in the style of the new Blood Dragon game, it's pretty loving dope!

"Cover" art

Tracklisting:

Lazerhawk - Redline
Sellorekt\LA Dreams - Racing the cube
Midnight Club - The Machine (Worship remix)
Power Glove - Night Force
Dynatron - The Pulsating Nebula
Lazerhawk - Disco Planet
Mitch Murder - Slipstream
Flashworx - Ms. Chapel
ActRazer - We Own the Night
Lifelike feat. A-Trak - Don't stop (Orginal extended mix)
Anoraak - Don't be afraid (feat. Sally Shapiro)
Tesla Boy - Speed of Light
Sally Shapiro - Starman (Radio edit)
Nightcrawler - Road Blaster (80s Stallone remix)
Miami Nights 1984 - Elevator of Love

http://tmblr.co/ZzI8TyjHxwoq

• Locked thread