Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
This feels so good. I'm okay with this going back to full battle manga now. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
Oh right those were supposed to be Naruto whiskers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I thought the huge DAH on the ceiling was supposed to be the air pressure making a sign or something. When i got closer, i realized it was something much better. :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Plutonis posted:

I thought the huge DAH on the ceiling was supposed to be the air pressure making a sign or something. When i got closer, i realized it was something much better. :allears:
It's worth learning the Japanese syllabaries, if just for gags like that. I love it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It's worth learning the Japanese syllabaries, if just for gags like that. I love it.

No, look closer at what's actually making the sign.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RatHat posted:

:stare:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

Holy poo poo, how did I miss that? That's incredible. :lol:

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Beelzebub takes traditional comic gags and elevates them from pop culture to pure artform.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
"Dah" *DAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAH*

Who was saying that they were afraid this comic was going to turn into a boring shonen rumble? Has this put your fears to rest?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

seigfox posted:

"Dah" *DAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAHDAH*

Who was saying that they were afraid this comic was going to turn into a boring shonen rumble? Has this put your fears to rest?

Yep. No complaints. :allears:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

RatHat posted:

I was wondering where they went :allears:

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I just caught up but from last chapter. In between the tassels and the weird body movements, is this guy using Sexy Commando?

What a reference.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/beelzebub/vTBD/c197/1.html

For the US goons - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Beelzebub/197-This-is-Bad?id=159279

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ahahaha. Next week is going to be great.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
The new Red Tails don't look appealing at all. Current Red Tails are much cooler looking.

Sonata Mused fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 20, 2013

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Poor New Red tails lady is about to get waaaaaaay over her head. Although I suspect this is a trap.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Fresh Prince posted:

Poor New Red tails lady is about to get waaaaaaay over her head. Although I suspect this is a trap.

So long as it doesn't turn Kunieda into a damsel in distress.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Fresh Prince posted:

Although I suspect this is a trap.
The situation or the lady?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

So long as it doesn't turn Kunieda into a damsel in distress.

God I hope not. That's the last thing we need.

I want the Red Tails to be powerful and awesome.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I am going to be so happy if next chapter Beel just goes running off after seeing people playing with a ball out the window or something. :3:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sonata Mused posted:

God I hope not. That's the last thing we need.

I want the Red Tails to be powerful and awesome.

If it means more Oga's Sister I'm down for whatever.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

The situation or the lady?

The lady.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
The OP's image are dead and out of date and should probably be fixed and updated.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zorak posted:

The OP's image are dead and out of date and should probably be fixed and updated.

Noted. I'll update it by the end of this week.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/beelzebub_2/en/0/198/

Surprised no one linked the new chapter yet.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Pyronic posted:

i love Beelzebub but the thread title made me :colbert:

Usagi Drop and Otaku no Musume-san are excellent single dad manga.

This was from the first page, but really funny, in retrospect.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ringo Houjou obviously a Shiina Ringo inspired character, I hope she sticks around.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I hope Paako kicks some rear end :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

Noted. I'll update it by the end of this week.

Revamped OP will be up by this Sunday.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The OP has been updated.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No mention of Nene-Creepichi-Lamia?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

As much as I laughed at the new OP, is it really the kind of OP that someone who might be interested in this series should be reading? I mean, I love in-jokes as much as any other goon, but I almost always picked my reads based on the OP in it's ADTRW thread, and the current one would never sell me this manga. Not to mention that the last image is very spoilery.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mangaka and Serialization

Beelzebub is an ongoing shonen shoujo manga by Ryūhei Tamura that serialises in Weekly Shounen Jump. It was first published as a one-shot by Tamura in Weekly Shōnen Jump's 2008 volumes 37-38, where it won the fourth Gold Future Cup, and then it was serialized on the same magazine starting in its thirteenth volume in 2009. As at 29 March 2013, the series has reached its 198th chapter.

Background

Beelzebub is the story of Hanazawa “Paako” Yuka and her budding romance with the kind-hearted delinquent Kanzaki Hajime. Their friends and acquaintances, while supporting and encouraging the development of Paako and Kanzaki’s relationship, are at the same time caught up in their own passions, jealousies and intrigues, casting an illuminating light on the multifarious aspects of love and demonstrating the different ways in which the central Paako-Kanzaki pairing could yet develop.

Paako-Kanzaki

Hanazawa “Paako” Yuka posted:

Paako is a student in Ishiyama High School and a leading member of the girls’ gang known as the “Red Tails”. She is known for her trademark flower hairpin, which doubles as a deadly weapon in her skilled hands. She is a cheerful, outgoing person, and is very fond of Kanzaki’s adorable niece Futaba. Always one to put her friends before herself, she is at the forefront when it comes to supporting the romantic endeavours of her fellow gang members Aoi and Nene. However, she is shy about admitting her own growing feelings for Kanzaki, while Aoi and Nene in turn can see that Paako and Kanzaki “make a good pair”.

Kanzaki Hajime posted:

Kanzaki is a skilled dancer specializing in the “Kanzaki Flamenco”), and is also a health fanatic (exemplified by the fact that his favourite drink is yogurt). He has bonded with Paako over their common affection for his niece Futaba, and like Paako he too is willfully oblivious to his growing love for her.

Futaba-Beelzebub-Chiyo

Though at four years old, she’s barely a fourth of Kanzaki’s age, his niece Futaba is already far ahead of him in the arena of love, having secured her first admirer in the form of Oga’s adoptive son Beelzebub. However, her supremacy in his heart faces severe challenge from the younger (by seven months) girl Aiba Chiyo. The intensity of these two young ladies’ fiery contest for Beelzebub is enough to drive the very landscape around them into explosive action.

Hilda-Oga-Aoi

Like father, like son, as they say. The relationship dynamics of the “Hilda” Hildegarde – Tatsumi Oga – Kunieda Aoi trio mirror, on a grander scale, that of the Futaba-Beelzebub-Chiyo triangle, with Oga similarly oblivious to the attentions of his jealously possessive common-law wife Hilda the nursemaid and his subtler but no less aggressive classmate Aoi the shrine maiden.

Himekawa-Kugayama

Himekawa Tatsuya is a friend of Kanzaki and the wealthiest among their group of friends. Despite his privileged upbringing, he has surprisingly down-to-earth hobbies such as Sudoku and video games. He has an arranged engagement with Kugayama Shio, who has been deeply in love with him since first grade but whose affection he chooses not to reciprocate, for some as-yet unrevealed reason.

Toujou-Shizuka

Despite his thuggish appearance, Toujou “Tora” Hidetora is a laid-back, gentle person who loves animals and children. As simple in mind as he is in heart, Tojo is utterly insensible to his childhood friend Shizuka Nanami, who stoically accepts that Tojo is far too boneheaded to recognize, let alone reciprocate, her quiet but deep love for him.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 31, 2013

KoB
May 1, 2009
Could the OP use links to chapters that are viewable for people in America as well?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 199

Hee hee hee! "Get her!" That was your whole plan, huh, "get her." Very scientific.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

When did he get pants?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
For some reason I'd have preferred Kunieda to be number 1 (somehow I don't think Furoichi is getting a number, or else he should have been #1).

The flying kick/parry was ridiculous though, I loved it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

For some reason I'd have preferred Kunieda to be number 1.

I kind of agree with this, she's always seemed to be in that position relative to the rest of the cast, moreso than Kanzaki.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I hope Tora doesn't end up getting one of those numbers and continues to just punch poo poo really hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I kind of agree with this, she's always seemed to be in that position relative to the rest of the cast, moreso than Kanzaki.

You know I was actually expecting her to keep fighting with only her old demon.

• Locked thread