Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

minato posted:

Mini-eggs are the crack cocaine of Easter treats.

They were made by the CIA to addict black nieghborhoods and keep them down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

You're gonna talk about Mtn Dew knockoffs and fail to mention the glory that is Hillbilly Joose? With that dewy flavor?!

e: this isn't Joose, it's Dew (because I'm a moron)

It'll tickle yore innards!

root beer has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Mar 20, 2013

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Feeple posted:

They were made by the CIA to addict black nieghborhoods and keep them down?

I'd main line those fuckers if I could.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ChuckMaster posted:

How the gently caress can you smoke that much and still be that fat?

By drinking even more soda.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kalvick posted:

Easter is ready at my house!

Is 500 dollars a lot of money? I never understood these stupid pictures. I think I'll go post one with my last 6 video cards that I need to sell so I can look cool. I'll make sure to put a gun in the picture too.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Goodbye everyone :(

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pseudonym posted:

It'll tickle yore innards!

That's from an actual Mountain Dew can. They started bringing back retro can designs for Mountain Dew that used sugar cane.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

Is 500 dollars a lot of money? I never understood these stupid pictures. I think I'll go post one with my last 6 video cards that I need to sell so I can look cool. I'll make sure to put a gun in the picture too.

Are you trying to brag about how rich you are that you can't tell if $500 is a lot of money? No one cares.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.

razorrozar posted:

It always saddens me to read old threads like this that used Waffleimages and see only broken links. It's like a graveyard.

Content!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Caption on imgur was something like 'I told my girlfriend she looked like a can of Barbasol. She didn't agree.'

Okay, I'll bite. What's the joke here? Can't believe I didn't see it before. Thanks!

Content:

suddenly cats has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Mar 20, 2013

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

veedubfreak posted:

Holy poo poo what is a joke

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

suddenly cats posted:

Okay, I'll bite. What's the joke here?

She is dressed like a can of shaving cream. I think that's it? The middle finger is kind of a red herring.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That jackass shaving cream is cribbing her style and she's angry with it.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

KnifeWrench posted:

She is dressed like a can of shaving cream. I think that's it? The middle finger is kind of a red herring.

Caption on imgur was something like 'I told my girlfriend she looked like a can of Barbasol. She didn't agree.'

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wendell posted:

Are you trying to brag about how rich you are that you can't tell if $500 is a lot of money? No one cares.

No, I'm asking why people put 100 dollar bills around stupid stuff to try to act like they are rich.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I remember that thread. Was it ever frontpaged, or are those sad images gone forever?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

veedubfreak posted:

No, I'm asking why people put 100 dollar bills around stupid stuff to try to act like they are rich.

They aren't you robot, it's meant to be funny. It's a parody of pictures where people put lots of money around their badass guns and stereo systems and whatever.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

veedubfreak posted:

BECAUSE THE ITEMS THEMSELVES ARE NOT A LOT OF MONEY. FOR IT IS A JOKE, YOU SEE. Except those biscuit mixes are $12 a pop according to one of the above posters and Jesus wept, that's expensive for biscuit mix.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Crasscrab posted:

That's from an actual Mountain Dew can. They started bringing back retro can designs for Mountain Dew that used sugar cane.

Aw crap, you are right. I even knew that, but I forgot. Oh well, it's still there as a monument to my stupidity.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

KittenofDoom posted:

There's even more on the list that haven't been checked off. Who the hell has enough time and soda knowledge to compile that kind of list?

Here's the full post:

Falz posted:

We have a guy at work that drinks a lot of Mountain Dew. Somehow we started talking about all of the Mountain Dew ripoffs and decided to try to find as many as we can. After about 2 weeks we ended up with what is visible above. We also had a taste test and will post those results somewhere sometime.

I don't think that he ever posted the taste tests.

Mescal posted:

I remember that thread. Was it ever frontpaged, or are those sad images gone forever?

I can't find it on the frontpage, so many of those comedy gems are forever trapped in the WaffleZone.

One that I especially remember from that thread was Robert Cop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, god, was that the thread that spawned Amusing Duck and the big group buy for Transformable Tomas?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It's cool that specialman's hand is permanently hooped so it can hold like a ninja turtle sword or whatever you have lying around.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

ChuckMaster posted:

How the gently caress can you smoke that much and still be that fat?

Eat poo poo and don't move around much. It helps if you live somewhere where it's only like three bucks a pack for the good smokes

veedubfreak posted:

I want to take you out to a trailer park out in Three Dollar Marlboro land and leave you there.

redmercer has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Mar 20, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Fun fact, Mountain Few was originally made to be a mixer for whiskey.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Surge or nothing. :colbert:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Vicas posted:

Needs a gun

and some crayons.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

Surge or nothing. :colbert:

Why do people think Surge has anything to do with Mountain Dew? It was a much more citrus-y, almost Fresca-like flavor. The marketing was reminiscent, but the soda itself wasn't a knockoff.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Religious flyer I received. :catholic: :butt:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Barometer posted:

Religious flyer I received. :catholic: :butt:

I like them, and I cannot lie.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

One of the store brands around here is "Mountain Shoutin'" :allears:

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Dave Syndrome posted:

I like them, and I cannot lie.

I like them and I shall not give false testimony*

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Christoph posted:

I like them and I shall not give false testimony*

http://www.lighthousefriends.com/maps.html
For anyone who doesn't get the joke, MO has literally no lighthouses. There should be the St. Louis Arch in that globe.

e: Missouri has seven novelty lighthouses along the river for no reason please stop quoting me and posting the same link to those lighthouses.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Mar 21, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Missouri is a landlocked state you see. :eng101:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Krinkle posted:

For anyone who doesn't get the joke, MO has literally no lighthouses. There should be the St. Louis Arch in that globe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

They should've just put sand in it instead of fake snow and then it would've actually worked pretty well.

Not that it doesn't snow in Australia, but probably not while the sun is beating down in what looks like a desert in the snowglobe in question.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

I want to imagine that dog is driving that van

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Lord Lambeth posted:

Missouri is a landlocked state you see. :eng101:

There's a couple of big loving rivers that go right through it though.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Holy poo poo, the Red Lobster Mix and MiniEggs is a drat Joke! Baller's don't buy Bisquik! Thats what the money is for to prove I have expensive tastes. Kids used to put 100 bills on deep dish wheels on their cars to show how successful they are in the ghetto. In any case if you must know I got that poo poo at Costco for about 6 loving dollars, and the $500 was what I finally managed to save up after months so I could have some dude take away my tree after Hurricane Sandy knocked it down. Way to make me feel poor now! Jerks!

Here are some people who are trying to pretend they are rich but they don't even have money to eat at the country club. You can tell its a parody because there are no Lamborghini Venenos in the picture.

kalvick has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Mar 21, 2013

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

I am not sure why that picture is funny? It clearly shows the kangaroos hopping across the outback as nuclear fallout flutters down around them, thus commencing the Mad Max portion of Australian history. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrinkMoreBeer
Jan 23, 2006

by toby

flowinprose posted:

They should've just put sand in it instead of fake snow and then it would've actually worked pretty well.

Nah, they should have replaced the snow with little spiders.

• Locked thread