Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That looks really really nice! No-show body mounts are great and really should be the holy grail for scalers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
That's really great work. RC4wd's kits fascinate the hell out of me.

What did you think of the build and the quality?

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
The last few days I've been pouring over this thread and other RC websites. The only real experience I've had with RC besides the cheap toy stuff is a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin kit I bought when I was stationed in Japan back in the 90's. Oh how I miss the hobby stores in Japan... I had fun with it but sold it ages ago and never picked RC back up.

I have been wanting to pick up a crawler/scaler/basher of some sort. I'm more interested in the rock crawler and slow stuff. I have no desire to have a rig that does 60+mph and I do not want to go nitro. I would like to keep it on the cheap. Less than $500 to start I hope.

The Vaterra Twin Hammers http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=VTR03000 looks like it would be a blast to drive. It has 2 speeds for those times when you do want a little more speed but nothing crazy and it looks like it can crawl ok as well. I love the way it looks also. It also comes 100% ready to run for $400 battery and charger included. The only thing that worries me on this is it seems a lot of people are having issues with the esc and most say the stock electrics are junk. I know all of this can be upgraded but I would rather not have to drop a bunch of money on something the first couple days I have it.

I also really like the trucks that Axial makes. I really like the Wraith but from what I've read it takes a truck load of money to make it run good out of the box. My last choice is the SCX10 which seems to be the all around best truck for a newbie like myself. I really like the Honcho RTR kit and is most likely the one I will end up with.

I need some advice on a good battery/charger combo and any mods I should get off the bat for the Honcho. I would also like to hear some opinions on the other trucks I listed above. I think the most trouble I will have to start is installing the electric bits and not blowing poo poo up. I guess I just need a good base to start with and build it up over time.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Killer looking Trail Finder! I would also love to hear a more in depth post talking about the build quality. I've been wanting to build a trail finder 2 forever but the only thing that's stopped me is that I've been disappointed with fit/finish on several RC4wd hopups (mainly wheels) for my axial trucks and it makes me leery of purchasing an expensive kit.

Jdfording, just go with the scx10 as it's definitely the one to start with. I love my Wraith but it is a tad bit pricier and you do have to do some modding to the platform to get it work well. The scx10 is ready to rock right out of the box and it's super versatile. Most of the pics I've posted in this thread are all the same scx10 chassis with different tires/body combinations.

I'm not really hot on that Twin Hammers. It sounds like the shifting is garbage from the factory and most guys blow the servo immediately. It also needs the front diff to be locked to crawl any tough stuff. Sounds like you know most of that, but yeah....its a cool looking rig that appears to need quite a bit of modding right out of the box.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The SCX10 is a great truck and I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. I haven't had to do anything my Dingo kit (other than build it) and I've put a lot of packs through it.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
My track is holding a race in just over a month... if you're anywhere near central Iowa come check it out! Race info below -

Winter is on its last legs and warmer weather is just around the corner... time for our second annual Spring Classic race at 80/35 Raceway in Grimes Iowa! Race will be held on April 12-14. Last year's event turned out great and this years should be even better :tire::tire::tire:

80/35 Raceway is located in Grimes, Iowa right off the interstate. Very easy to find and convenient to get to! There are plenty of hotels around the area as well as some great restaurants and places to kick back after a long day of racing all within a stone's throw of our track :)

Track website
http://80-35raceway.com/

Google Maps link to track
http://goo.gl/maps/3ze61

2013 Spring Classic on RCSignup
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=3099

80/35 Raceway on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/8035-Raceway

2013 Spring Classic Classes:
Novice
Stock Buggy
Stock Stadium Truck
Stock Short Course
Mod Buggy
Mod Stadium Truck
Mod Short Course
4wd Buggy
4wd Short Course
1/8e Buggy

Stock Classes must run ESCs in "Blinky" mode. Stock classes must tech vehicles before each heat.

Novice mains: 5min, 8 cars, no bumps. 1/8e Buggy mains: 10min, 6 cars, no bumps. All other classes will run 6min AAA mains, 6min single lower mains. 6 cars + 2 bumps.

Entry fees are $25 for your first class and only $15 for each additional class!

Trophies for top 5 A main finishers and Top Qualifier!

Schedule
Friday: Doors open at 5pm-9pm. Practice and registration.
Saturday: Doors open at 7am, Qualifying beginning at 9am. 3 rounds of IFMAR qualifying, best 2 of 3
Sunday: Doors open at 7am, mains begin at 9am. AAA mains, single lower mains.

Thank you to our great sponsors of the 2013 Spring Classic!

Event flyer

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Nice! Wish I were closer, I'd definitely hit that up.

I picked up a factory team SC10 this weekend at the track from a friend, and after quickly throwing some electronics during qualifying, I threw it on the track totally green and wound up winning the main by the biggest margin I think I've ever ran. I really like the Blitz, but the SC10 is a night-and-day difference.

My B4.1 ran OK, but I'm definitely going to have to work on the setup. If I'd stayed consistent I probably could have snatched 3rd easy. It went from pushing like a freight train to massive oversteer after I adjusted the toe a bit, and I made the mistake of running step-pins on the rear which bound the rear up when cornering - you could see the rear end end hopping around corners, even with the diff loosened up. I think I'm going to have a great time in this class, though. Since my 3 'main' vehicles are my RC10R5 Oval, SC10, and B4.1, I guess I'm an Associated guy now!

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
Well, my DEX408 is about halfway built because I took a vacation halfway through. Now it appears I'm going to South Korea later this year. I'm doing some research to see what tracks are nearby and what classes they race before I finish the car I have, or if I start something else.

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
Finally purchased a truck today. I kept on flipping back and forth between the Vaterra Twin Hammers and an Axial SCX10 Honcho RTR. I chose the Honcho because it just seems to be the one everyone recommends and it is a proven platform with a lot of aftermarket support. I also think it looks cool. I really like the look of the Twin Hammers also but it seems to have a lot of problems you need to address right out of the box and the body is a pain to remove being a cage style.

The hard part was finding a Honcho in stock and not marked up over $400. All the major hobby places online are sold out but today I found one in stock at RPP Hobby for $355 and $20 shipping. I purchased a Duratrax Onyx 245 Charger and 2 Duratrax Onyx 5000mAh NiMH batteries from Tower Hobbies with free shipping. The charger is probably overkill but I will be switching to LiPo at some point. I also have to switch out to Deans connectors when I go LiPo. Total cost for everything so far around $550.

So excited to finally get back into RC! The wait for shipping is going to be hell.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Congrats on the truck! You are much better off with a Honcho vs. that Vaterra buggy. I really believe that thing is going to lose popularity extremely fast given how it's more of a gimmick vehicle that has big reliability problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see Axial do a superior IFS truck soon anyways.

RPP Hobby rules and they are the best place online for anything crawler related. The owner of the shop Corey is a cool dude who busts his rear end to ship extremely fast.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I need some help chosing a motor.

I'm looking to do some testing with bicycles, and I need 100-150w of power from an electric motor. (The goal is to test the effect of some fairings, and I want a way to providing consistent power. Or alternatively, a method for measuring power at a given speed)

Could one of you recommend a motor and ESC from hobbyking I could do that with? Something low KV would be ideal, so long as I am not going to melt windings.

HoWSeR
Sep 9, 2004
jdfording: you wont go wrong starting with an scx10, the twin hammers have been having issues out of the box but that said. My twin hammers has been going strong for 3 packs now in the sand,no issues so far but time will tell. Most issues are the shift servo and front shock plate, ill have replacements for that soon just in case.

Here in Qatar we had the Annual Qatar Olympic tournament,man what a blast!

http://www.olympic.qa/en/NewsCenter/Pages/Al-Jefairi-crowns--winners-of-QOC-RC-Games-Tournament.aspx

was basically nitro truggy and buggy mains, I placed first in the B main for buggy then finished 7th in the A main. I had very stiff competition for the A main it didn't help that my engine died twice during refueling.

Camera man got some nice shots of my buggy!

needknees: My used werks B6 pro has not died yet! :)

HoWSeR fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 10, 2013

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
Finally got my Honcho today. This thing is amazing. Can't wait to take it outside when all this snow melts, it's just too wet outside right now to run it. Was also surprised how long the battery lasts. I bought 2 5000mah nimh batts and haven't even been able to drain one yet. The Onyx 245 charger works great as well. My dog is exhausted from chasing this thing around the house.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

jdfording posted:

Finally got my Honcho today. This thing is amazing. Can't wait to take it outside when all this snow melts, it's just too wet outside right now to run it. Was also surprised how long the battery lasts. I bought 2 5000mah nimh batts and haven't even been able to drain one yet. The Onyx 245 charger works great as well. My dog is exhausted from chasing this thing around the house.

Batteries in the Honcho last FOREVER, especially if you aren't at full throttle most of the time. I'm getting ready to buy my second scx10 next week. I'm going to be purchasing the new kit with the Jeep hardtop and scale Icon shocks. I can't wait.

Johnny Nostrils
Feb 14, 2008

Hey, thanks for the compliments, guys.

As for the build quality on the TF2, I don't have anything to compare to since this is my first RC in years. My last one was an RTR first-gen T-Maxx, and before that was a Hawk2.

However, the TF2 has a lot of the sub-assemblies prebuilt (trans, t-case, axles, shocks), and I did have to re-torque and re-apply loc-tite to many of the screws on those items, especially the axles. Most people also re-grease the geartrain, but I haven't felt the need to do that yet. I didn't have any problems with the shocks, tires or wheels.

The rest of the chassis goes together GREAT. No fitment issues, no crossthreaded screws. Loc-tite is a MUST, though. The chassis has a bunch of built-in options aka "free mods" that can be done to improve it (mainly in the front suspension), but it's perfectly useable when built per the instructions. If leaf springs aren't flexy enough for you, you can buy 3 and 4-link conversions.

The 2-speed trans works great and seems to be geared pretty well for speed/torque. It never has any issues shifting.

That being said, for the cost of it RC4WD did skimp out on some odd things - the driveshafts seem really flimsy, there's no interior, and no emblems/decals (my only options being eBay / Tamiya to get Hilux badges). The plastic bumpers and sliders are also flimsy and were warped a little out of the box. There was a guy on RCCrawler.com that got a warped body, and I believe RC4WD replaced it for him. It also comes with NO electronics (not even a $10 540 motor or cheapo shift servo c'mon) so factor that into the cost if you don't have spare electronics lying around (I didn't - $$$$). You can get an RTR SCX10 with all electronics for less than what this kit costs.

The body is really well done. I had to do some minor filing and sanding to get rid of ejector pin marks and mold seams, but I come from a 1/24 static modelling background, so I expected that going in. There's options for a full cab back for truggy builds. Everything goes together well.

I haven't taken it for a real outdoor run yet, so if there are any other glaring flaws I'll find out then.

Overall, I'm not disappointed in the purchase since it was so fun to build and it looks scale as hell - BUT - I'll hop on the thread bandwagon and most definitely get an SCX10 for my next truck. It looks amazingly functional, and has a ton of options too. Some SCX10 parts are interchangeable with TF2 stuff, so that's a bonus as well.

As for electronics, I have: a 35T brushed 540 motor, CC Sidewinder3 ESC, CC BEC, Hitec 7955 steering and Hitec standard shifting servos, and a Futaba 3-channel T3PL tx/rx. For power, I got a 3S 5000 mah Lipo. As posted above, it seems to run forever. I made a little obstacle course in my living room and drove for over an hour with no issues.

Everyone should check out the forums on rctech.net, rccrawler.com, and scale4x4rc.org. They were valueable resources for my build, and a wealth of inspiration. The picture threads on the last two blew my mind and pushed me over the edge to start building.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

RPP Hobby rules and they are the best place online for anything crawler related. The owner of the shop Corey is a cool dude who busts his rear end to ship extremely fast.

Seconded. I bought all my electronics and the interior kits from RPP Hobby. Prices beat the crap out of my LHS, and even in Canada I got my shipment really fast. It was great. They even have coupon codes for extra savings.

jdfording posted:

I think the most trouble I will have to start is installing the electric bits and not blowing poo poo up. I guess I just need a good base to start with and build it up over time.

I was in the same situation, and Youtube came to my rescue a bunch of times. I actually learned how to solder while building my truck.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goddamn local RC governing councils changing their minds.

At the start of the year it was "any ROAR Spec motor" was allowed at all championships.

Now with under two weeks to go to the state championships they have changed their mind and gone with "ROAR Approved".

Guess who has a ROAR Spec motor

HoWSeR
Sep 9, 2004
Johnny Nostrils: did you have to use much filler for yer hilux? what paint did you use? That thing is awesome man!

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

You Am I posted:

At the start of the year it was "any ROAR Spec motor" was allowed at all championships.

Now with under two weeks to go to the state championships they have changed their mind and gone with "ROAR Approved".

The D3.5? What a cluster that's turned into. On the upside, it's a good time to buy a used one cheap - I have 2 now! Man, I'm glad I just club race for the most part.

Psycho Nitro Blast is this week! Who else is going?

TremorX fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 17, 2013

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

You Am I posted:

Yeah, that whole ordeal is a mess at a lot of the tracks. I feel for you on that one. That sucks to have the rules flip flop and get hosed.

I ordered my new SCX10 kit last week to try and get it ready for our first comp this weekend and kept working on it at the meet until it was time to start. She was setup great out of the box because I won the 1.9 class with it! It looks killer with the hardtop on it, but for the comp it went topless as I didn't have time to finish decaling the top. The kit was an ultra smooth build and the new Icon scale shocks are tits.

Despite the poo poo weather yesterday (sleet and rain, and the fact this is the third makeup date for the comp due to previous poo poo weather) we had a fantastic turnout all things considered. Spread out between 1.9 tire, 2.2. tire, and unlimited classes we had about 40 trucks. I have a bunch of them up our facebook page facebook.com/showmescalers and I'll post the link to our actual site when I get the shots up today. We had some killer looking trucks.

As an aside, this was my first time as a real event director and I'm happy to say that due to diligent planning by a few of us everything went very smooth. Running this club has been a lot of work but it's all worth it when something like yesterday goes smooth. We are for planning vehicle counts in the 70-80 range for our 3 other events this summer (when the weather is great) so yesterday was a great warmup. It REALLY makes me appreciate the work that many track owners/club presidents put in so everyone can have a good time.

HoWSeR
Sep 9, 2004
man, the new scx10 jeeps look like the best ones yet that axial released.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Thanks. That new JK is now my primary trail truck. Here is my OTHER older scx10 from this weekend. It's now setup to be a full time pulling truck. Had to pull on blacktop due to the rain but I can't wait til our summer events where we pull on dirt. Our 1.9 tire pro-stock pulling truck class is really gaining traction (no pun intended) and guys have built some killer looking trucks.

I just uploaded a massive pics gallery from the event over the weekend. If you want to see a poo poo ton of babby 4x4's doing babby 4x4 things check it out. Some awesome trucks.

Here's a link - http://showmescalers.com/?p=979

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TremorX posted:

The D3.5? What a cluster that's turned into. On the upside, it's a good time to buy a used one cheap - I have 2 now! Man, I'm glad I just club race for the most part.
Mine's a Trinty Revtech motor, but got a Reedy (Team Associated) 21.5T motor yesterday which is ROAR approved and as a bonus on the list for eligible motors for the event (the motor had to either be on the ROAR approved list or on the event list).

Only thing is now running the motor in tomorrow night at the club night so I can start playing around with the timing

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

gently caress yes, Axial just announced the dates of their 2013 RECON G6 scale adventure series and we landed the only midwest date on the tour! The Pit Bull Tires / Axial G6 RECON event will be in St. Louis, MO on Saturday July 20! I know a few of you crawler/scaler guys are scattered about the midwest and if there is ever a reason to travel for an crawling event it would be something like this. For those unfamiliar check out this link - http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073902839

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hey OnlyJuanMon - you still coming to PNB? I'm here - my trailer's parked in spot 49.. my son and I are here, and we're hanging with a really good group, so if you want a place to pit and all I've got room.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Anyone in the UK:

Tonight, several interesting price changes are going through the tills in Modelzone. From tomorrow morning, the following Tamiya RC's are reduced:

Midnight Pumpkin Black Shell was £135 now £40
Violet Racer was £135 now £40 (purple Super Fighter basically)
Expert Built Blackfoot III was £280 now £85
Hornet now £55
Holiday Buggy now £45
Nissan GTR Drift (TT-01) now £100
Sand Scorcher now £150 (If you can find a store with one in either unbuilt or working condition.)

Some of these, the first three, are available on the website: http://www.modelzone.co.uk/radio-control-rc.html?manufacturer=11339, whereas others are instore onl and stock dependent. Some other stores may have other reductions on Tamiya, but it will depend on what they have (I can only speak for what stock the Glasgow store has.)

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I broke out my Stampede VXL a few nights ago to bash in the snow. I haven't run it for a few months and I discovered that my old NiMH battery is poo poo now. I wanna step up to lipo but I don't have a lot of money to spend right now. Any recommendations on a decent, cheap charger and lipo?

I'm not picky on battery capacity or brand name. Just has to have a traxxas plug.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any of you SCX10 people have an idea why my Dingo might be going into FWD mode on certain obstacles? I'm guessing it's an issue with the outdrives as the whole rear driveshaft will stop moving while the front keeps spinning.

I'm also looking for ideas on smaller rally cars. The M-05Ra is fun as hell, but I'd like to try something 4wd instead of FWD. I know Traxxas, Kyosho, and HPI all have rally cars, but they're all pretty big (and expensive). Tamiya's new XV-01 would be great if I wasn't trying to avoid Tamiya after spending as much as a second M-05 kit on things that probably should have been included in the first place, like oil shocks and ball bearings. Even a touring car with shaft drives and relatively sealed drivetrain might work.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

TremorX posted:

Hey OnlyJuanMon - you still coming to PNB? I'm here - my trailer's parked in spot 49.. my son and I are here, and we're hanging with a really good group, so if you want a place to pit and all I've got room.

I have the weekend off, but my buggy isnt prepared 100%. For some reason, im having trouble with my servos fitting in the gen3 tray, the screws dont want to bite in. Also, I dont have my motor mounyt screws. It's pretty frustrating because it's about 95% ready.

I might still make it out. When would qualifying start? I could still get practice time in tomorrow, yes?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I have the weekend off, but my buggy isnt prepared 100%. For some reason, im having trouble with my servos fitting in the gen3 tray, the screws dont want to bite in. Also, I dont have my motor mounyt screws. It's pretty frustrating because it's about 95% ready.

I might still make it out. When would qualifying start? I could still get practice time in tomorrow, yes?

All day Thursday and most of the day Friday are for practice, the quals start around 3PM. Come on, I'm sure we can find you some parts!

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I broke out my Stampede VXL a few nights ago to bash in the snow. I haven't run it for a few months and I discovered that my old NiMH battery is poo poo now. I wanna step up to lipo but I don't have a lot of money to spend right now. Any recommendations on a decent, cheap charger and lipo?

I'm not picky on battery capacity or brand name. Just has to have a traxxas plug.

You can't go wrong with turnigy stuff, it's not brand name but I have 3 turnigy lipos and the turnigy accucell6 charger and while the charger is rated for 6 amps it can only charge at 5 amps so to fully balance charge an empty battery it takes like 40 mins but for the price it's a steal and the battery are awesome, I have a 2S 5500mA and 2 3S 3300mA and the 3S have way more power than maxamps and 3 times cheaper. Only issue I see is turnigy's are more expensive if you want the traxxas plug on it (I think 40$ each about 2 years ago) but if you don't mind soldering the plugs you can have 2 batteries for the price of one.

Also I recommend you buy batteries in pairs because it's not uncommon to receive sub-par batteries and it cost more to return it than to buy a new one.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I had similar problems with servos and I made the mistake of using longer screws and hosed the servo, I fixed the problem with a bevel drill bit like this http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/166x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_13777.jpg

Evil_Ash
May 28, 2003

"Hail to the king baby"

powderific posted:

Any of you SCX10 people have an idea why my Dingo might be going into FWD mode on certain obstacles? I'm guessing it's an issue with the outdrives as the whole rear driveshaft will stop moving while the front keeps spinning.

Center locker might be broken, or rear driveshaft might be loose and spinning on the outdrive.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Running in the state 1/10th onroad electrics competition this weekend. Ran my car in practice, ran softer front springs which killed the understeering issues I was having plus a bit more timing on the motor and a lower gear ratio and the car ripped almost a second faster a lap.

Sadly the fastest person in my class is still lapping at least .5 sec a lap faster than me. 20 cars in my class (VTA) but still hoping for to get into the top 10 for the A finals.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

mehall posted:

Anyone in the UK:

Tonight, several interesting price changes are going through the tills in Modelzone. From tomorrow morning, the following Tamiya RC's are reduced:
Yeah, thanks for this, my local store had a couple of them in stock. I wish it was the Lunch Box that was reduced, though...

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, thanks for this, my local store had a couple of them in stock. I wish it was the Lunch Box that was reduced, though...

You can probably get an old Lunch Box shell cheap enough though, and it'll pop straight on the Midnight Pumpkin body.

Most of the reductions were on kits that were already reduced, but the big three were exclusives the company had, as it says on their site, so I'm guessing they just wanted rid of them.

HoWSeR
Sep 9, 2004
put a few packs into the Twin hammers, nothing broken yet. Finally got the parts to make it look the way i wanted it to look.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

That looks metal as gently caress! Literally! How do you like those tires? I haven't heard much about them.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Are those the barn dog racing panels?

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Evil_Ash posted:

Center locker might be broken, or rear driveshaft might be loose and spinning on the outdrive.

Turns out the screws holding the outdrives to the center locker backed out and chewed up everything. Replaced it with a RRP solid unit and it's good as new.

After looking around a LOT, I think the Tamiya XV-01 is going to be my next kit. Doesn't seem like there's much else in the small 1/10th scale class other than the DF03Ra and some Kyosho thing that I can't find almost any info on. I'm a little lost on how to power it though. Does anyone have a motor / esc recommendation? From what I've read, the ESC box is pretty small the kit is geared short. So far every review I've read that lists electronics will also say that whatever motor they picked wasn't a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got a new VTA shell from a friend who does air brushed shells. It's a Plymouth Cuda

I'm getting new tyres for the front, as they were worn down after the weekend's state competition. Going to mix up the rims so it really looks like a banger/paddock basher :)

Best thing about the shell, you don't feel bad if it has a crash or scrape