Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Khorne Flakes posted:

Edit >> Captain Gunnbjorn and Dire Troll Blitzer have me completely sold on Troll Bloods.

Oh man that's like saying "I love these Necron Flayers and Monoliths, sign me up for this game entirely"

For the record I agree with Sulecrist entirely, it was just a funny thing to read. Hell I did it myself with "Holy poo poo what are those spider warjacks and floating doctor octopus Cephalyx all about I have to have them!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

theironjef posted:

Oh man that's like saying "I love these Necron Flayers and Monoliths, sign me up for this game entirely"

For the record I agree with Sulecrist entirely, it was just a funny thing to read. Hell I did it myself with "Holy poo poo what are those spider warjacks and floating doctor octopus Cephalyx all about I have to have them!"

I kind of did it too. "Holy gently caress I love Tharn Ravagers; guess I'm coming back to Circle in MkII." Thank God the Kruegers are good.

EDIT: Since we're a page over and I don't know how far the OP has read, I'll put it here. OP, if you want big dumb brutes that hit incredibly hard and are a huge pain to wipe out, Cryx actually does that super well. They might be hard to remove directly (Satyxis Raiders) or might have tactical endurance with recursion mechanics (Mechanithralls, resurrection spells and feats). Or they might just be Tough (everything in Terminus' bubble). The biggest difference between Trolls and Cryx is that Trollbloods succeed by buffing their own units and never leaving the table in the first place; Cryx have fewer heavy models (and very few jacks) but everything hits super hard and puts a big ol' dick straight in your eye, which it probably debuffed first so it sticks right into your skull and jizzes into your brain, and the armor that was on your skull is now on the skull-headed wizard's skull (this is a real spell).

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 20, 2013

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Its ok I got into Warmachine because thought it was a game about giant robots. Boy was I surprised

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I got into Warmachine because I thought the Devil Dogs were awesome. Oh dear.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I got into Warmachine because of Baba Yaga and not-russians with furry hats.
Really didn't like the somewhat goofy top heavy robots at first.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I got into warmachine because I got very mad at the rules in warhammer.

No regrets.

I got into trolls because they look awesome.

No regrets.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I got into warmachine because I got very mad at the rules in warhammer.

No regrets.

I got into trolls because they look awesome.

No regrets.

Infinite wisdom.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I got into warmachine after reading an SA thread about how lovely games workshop is.

Then I found Russians.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
I got into warmachine because, all of you dirty human spell casters are killing elf gods.
I got into hordes because I hate menoth and eKruger has a raging hate for them also.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Macero posted:

I got into hordes because I hate menoth and eKruger has a raging hate for them also.

I think this makes us friends.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Skarath is a WIP, but it's coming along decently. I'm thinking of using a Gloss Varnish to give it that wet-snake look.

My favourite is Gorman, he turned out almost exactly as I pictured him while I was working on it.

Next on the block are Burrowers and Long Riders.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I didn't get into Warmachine because friend A kept trying to sell how awesomely steampunk it was, which drove me away.

I got into Warmachine because friend B told me how tight the rules were and that I could play as robo-undead.

I got into Hordes because I wanted to slam golems into folks and send them flying.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Macero posted:

I got into warmachine because, all of you dirty human spell casters are killing elf gods.

I play Protectorate and Legion because I enjoy giving Macero a hard time.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
I got into Warmachine because my friend bought a Vanquisher to make a custom Grey Knights dreadnaught and I said "Holy gently caress, what is that?"

And here I am 9 years later drowing in menofixes and praising the Creator.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Miniwargaming.com is closing their store so currently you can get 20% off all their PP stuff.

Vulturing a place that is closing down always seems slightly shady but on the other hand: cheaper mans.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

evenworse username posted:

Miniwargaming.com is closing their store so currently you can get 20% off all their PP stuff.

Vulturing a place that is closing down always seems slightly shady but on the other hand: cheaper mans.

As sad as that is, why wouldn't you just buy from Miniature Market and get 25% off? Is the 20% on top of a preexisting discount?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Khador did it for me. I'm definitely a bit miffed they can't field a lot of jacks per Caster, but meh.. It is definitely doable to run a decent jackline, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

S.J. posted:

Mayhem Cup lists are up over at http://endgamegaming.net/

At this point every time new event lists are posted, I ctrl+f for "Lich Lord Asphyxious" then sigh and close the window without reading it.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

JerryLee posted:

As sad as that is, why wouldn't you just buy from Miniature Market and get 25% off? Is the 20% on top of a preexisting discount?

Yeah it's 20% off what they would ordinarily have charged which already had some level of discount on it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

evenworse username posted:

Yeah it's 20% off what they would ordinarily have charged which already had some level of discount on it.

I just checked it versus MM, and it's still above MM. Is the 20% closing discount not applied until you check out or something?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Pyrolocutus posted:

I just checked it versus MM, and it's still above MM. Is the 20% closing discount not applied until you check out or something?

tbh I'm not sure how it works. I just got the email about the store closing sale and thought I would share.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Gay Polymers posted:

I got into Warmachine because my friend bought a Vanquisher to make a custom Grey Knights dreadnaught and I said "Holy gently caress, what is that?"

And here I am 9 years later drowing in menofixes and praising the Creator.
The only true path.

Feeple posted:

I play Protectorate and Legion because I enjoy giving Macero a hard time.
We could be best buds, see? Praise be to the Creator.

Here's debate time guys, which are the top 5 Warcasters for Protectorate? the top four (no order) are piss, Harbie, pSev, eFeora, pKreoss. But who is the fifth? Or a top 3, who would they be?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

The only true path.

We could be best buds, see? Praise be to the Creator.

Here's debate time guys, which are the top 5 Warcasters for Protectorate? the top four (no order) are piss, Harbie, pSev, eFeora, pKreoss. But who is the fifth? Or a top 3, who would they be?

Might be Kreoss3 for the fifth spot.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I was thinking either Kreoss3, maybe Vindictus or Thyra honestly if only for versatility in playstyles.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah I was thinking either Kreoss3, maybe Vindictus or Thyra honestly if only for versatility in playstyles.

Vindictus and Thyra would've been my honorable mentions as well, but I said (say) Kreoss3 because I think his speed and durability (personally and forcewise) in SR2013 make me a lot less happy about playing against him. You know I don't play Protectorate, though, and my factions (Circle and Khador) definitely tint my perspective.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Cross-posting this here from the painting thread. Painted my way from battle box to a little over 25 points. Hows it look?

I darkened the yellow a bit and used some shading as the yellow was a bit bright on the jacks for my taste.

All the Russians

edit: extremely loving happy with Harkevitch.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sulecrist posted:

Vindictus and Thyra would've been my honorable mentions as well, but I said (say) Kreoss3 because I think his speed and durability (personally and forcewise) in SR2013 make me a lot less happy about playing against him. You know I don't play Protectorate, though, and my factions (Circle and Khador) definitely tint my perspective.

Kreoss 3 has my vote for a top 5.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I got into Warmachine because my friend bought me the Khador starter box. I stayed because of wizards controlling giant robots and sending hordes of the everyman to his horrible death at undead horrors and religious fanatics.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Kreoss3 is definitely top 5.

I'd put it as Harby, Feora2, Sevvy1, Kreoss1, Kreoss3, in no particular order.

Sevvy2 also should get an honorable mention because I think he has a ton of nuances and can seriously manhandle some match ups, but his skill ceiling is well above those other casters. (Kreoss 3 might have a pretty close skill ceiling with all of his tricks.)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I completely forgot about Sevvy2 and he's one of my favourite models in the game, possibly the favourite. Awareness is such a great spell.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I got into WM/H because I thought the models would be fun to paint.

One day I figure I should get better at playing the game.

(also better at painting)

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Cross-posting this here from the painting thread. Painted my way from battle box to a little over 25 points. Hows it look?

I darkened the yellow a bit and used some shading as the yellow was a bit bright on the jacks for my taste.

All the Russians

edit: extremely loving happy with Harkevitch.

I really like the Harkevich. Just finished the battlebox myself and am ready to stop on people for the motherland.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Postin my mans. Tryin to get better at using color other than red red red red red

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Not sure what of these I might have posted already:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
Any Bostonians going to be at the hobby bunker on Saturday? I've been wanting to learn how to play this game for a while now but I have no friends. I am hoping to change at least one of those things...

I originally wasn't sure if I wanted to play Khador or Cygnar, but I've narrowed it down to Cryx, Menoth, Trolls, or Circle... Why are all of the factions so appealing?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Holy poo poo guys I found the press ganger for my area so now I have a place to go on thursdays to actually play the game

I'm excited as gently caress

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Read the write up on all the vectors. I later woke up with my wallet with a noose are it and a suicide note apologizing for not being full enough.

God do they sound awesome.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

signalnoise posted:

Holy poo poo guys I found the press ganger for my area so now I have a place to go on thursdays to actually play the game

I'm excited as gently caress

gently caress yeah! Where do you live?

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

TravBot posted:

Any Bostonians going to be at the hobby bunker on Saturday? I've been wanting to learn how to play this game for a while now but I have no friends. I am hoping to change at least one of those things...

I originally wasn't sure if I wanted to play Khador or Cygnar, but I've narrowed it down to Cryx, Menoth, Trolls, or Circle... Why are all of the factions so appealing?

I might be able to swing by, not sure yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

S.J. posted:

gently caress yeah! Where do you live?

Atlanta, GA, USA

• Locked thread