Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Noreaus posted:

Nobody will ever be as good at reading comments/tweets as Adam Buxton.
He must be a alien or sutin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

MonkeyLibFront posted:

It's not great, it's not even got any army insider jokes.

Nobody called the American a Spam, my immersion is ruined etc.

Odd they picked Bomb Disposal too. Easier to write and cheaper to film though I expect.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

FreakyZoid posted:

He must be a alien or sutin
God that was the best episode. Why wasn't he made the permanent host, again?

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

Leon with a Zero posted:

What is this Bedtime live poo poo?

I assume this is the cheapest way to fill airtime or something.

Yeah, really. Same for TV disaster Gogglebox. I'm guessing they have a lot of time to fill that would previously have been used to broadcast Big Brother and its spin-off shows. I suppose it's either shows where they point cameras at people for no good reason or repeats of American sitcoms.

I'd rather have the sitcoms :\

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)

Akuma posted:

God that was the best episode. Why wasn't he made the permanent host, again?

Reading youtube comments like that is the same stchik he used in "Bug", if you want more of that

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
The final episode of the Railway was really good, except for the final bit they did with the track maintenance man on the West Highland line which just made me feel very homesick. drat :smith:

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

onoflalks posted:

The final episode of the Railway was really good, except for the final bit they did with the track maintenance man on the West Highland line which just made me feel very homesick. drat :smith:

The absence of any ScotRail footage was a bit odd. Maybe too much of the Scottish network just works so there was no good conflict to film.

The whole series was really well made, the last bit on the Highland line was just perfect.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

twoot posted:

Maybe too much of the Scottish network just works

Oh god you do not live in Scotland.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

twoot posted:

Maybe too much of the Scottish network just works
You are now officially funny enough to have your own BBC Three comedy series, congratulations.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

Oh god you do not live in Scotland.

I do, and after years of commuting by train every day I think the latest I've ever been is 30mins and I've had no regular problems with the service. Maybe I'm just lucky though.

twoot fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 20, 2013

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

There's some sort of Father Ted marathon going on on More4.

I thought I'd let you guys know, because there really is gently caress all worth watching anywhere else.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

I liked It's Kevin. Some bits fell flat but I laughed quite a few times and that's all you can ask really.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

twoot posted:

The absence of any ScotRail footage was a bit odd. Maybe too much of the Scottish network just works so there was no good conflict to film.

The whole series was really well made, the last bit on the Highland line was just perfect.

Apparently they were the only operator (along with perhaps Cross Country who I notice weren't even mentioned despite visiting both Central and Waverley) who refused to take part: http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/tv-and-radio/anger-as-scotrail-snubs-bbc-railway-documentary-1-2846430

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Jim Davidson, noted racist, now possible sex criminal?

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Anyone been watching In The Flesh? For a BBC3 drama it was much better than I was expecting and the concept of a "previously deceased syndrome" returning to his militia loving village up north is pretty drat good. Plus a loving brutal scene at the end of the first episode.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

goatface posted:

Jim Davidson, noted racist, now possible sex criminal?

He was already arrested months ago, sounds like more allegations have come out of the woodwork as a result of the publicity.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

goatface posted:

Jim Davidson, noted racist bastard, "homophobic arsehole" (his words), and wife-beating gently caress-knuckle; now possible sex criminal (again)?

Fixed that there.

gently caress that guy, he makes watching Big Break difficult to enjoy. How am I meant to enjoy John Virgo's trickshots when Davidson's looming in the background?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bogmonster posted:

Anyone been watching In The Flesh? For a BBC3 drama it was much better than I was expecting and the concept of a "previously deceased syndrome" returning to his militia loving village up north is pretty drat good. Plus a loving brutal scene at the end of the first episode.

Its pretty drat good. Though cant see how a militia called the HVF would be tolerated by the government though, not 4 years after the end of the zombie uprising and rule put back into place.
They would have been asked to disarm or join the army surely, not allowed to rule over a lovely town.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

happyhippy posted:

Its pretty drat good. Though cant see how a militia called the HVF would be tolerated by the government though, not 4 years after the end of the zombie uprising and rule put back into place.
They would have been asked to disarm or join the army surely, not allowed to rule over a lovely town.

Violent militias have been unofficially controlling sections of Belfast for decades. The show is a ridiculous concept, but I thought that part was actually quite believable.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

happyhippy posted:

They mentioned when that MP was there that the army didn't arrive and there was no help, so I'm guessing its got to the point where they want them to disarm, but don't want to upset the locals and aren't in a position to demand that. Plus the HVF seems to consist of a few people, I doubt they're a huge problem cus it's not as if they're in Central London. There's probably militias in other places, the war ends and it's too big a job to force them all to stand down.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rewatching all of That Mitchell and Webb Look.

The snooker commentators singing the "special secret snooker words to Lady in Red" is still the funniest thing ever broadcast.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

onoflalks posted:

Fixed that there.

gently caress that guy, he makes watching Big Break difficult to enjoy. How am I meant to enjoy John Virgo's trickshots when Davidson's looming in the background?

I was visiting another town yesterday and saw posters in the theater for a Davidson show, which I thought was odd because I didn't hear about him being released. Then I check twitter on the way home and see he's back inside!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Bloodbath posted:

They mentioned when that MP was there that the army didn't arrive and there was no help, so I'm guessing its got to the point where they want them to disarm, but don't want to upset the locals and aren't in a position to demand that. Plus the HVF seems to consist of a few people, I doubt they're a huge problem cus it's not as if they're in Central London. There's probably militias in other places, the war ends and it's too big a job to force them all to stand down.

And the government doesn't give two shits about that town.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I was visiting another town yesterday and saw posters in the theater for a Davidson show, which I thought was odd because I didn't hear about him being released. Then I check twitter on the way home and see he's back inside!

He's not even been charged yet so they can't keep him in prison for more than a day or two at a time - though in reality I think on both occasions they've only held him for long enough to question him then released him on police bail.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I hope they lock the unfunny rascist nonce up for a long time.

VogeGandire posted:

The snooker commentators singing the "special secret snooker words to Lady in Red" is still the funniest thing ever broadcast.

Going to introduce my old man to the Numberwang sketches later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VogeGandire posted:

Numberwang :colbert:

StrawmanUK
Aug 16, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

My uncle was the team captain for Killertron, and I can confirm that the teams were paid nothing beyond the 500 quid for qualifying in a series. To this day he believes his robot was deliberately taken out by the house robots because he had raised a big stink about the lack of adequate compensation for 'Roboteers'.

Killertron is best remembered for being thrashed by a piece of cheese in series four.

Brilliant! Seems to back up what I heard too. I can't blame the teams either, those robots in the later series must have cost 1000's to make. I saw an advert for a new show on Syfy that seems to be robots fighting each other (real steel style). Will probably be crap but could satisfy that robot wars "machines beating the poo poo out of each other" itch.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rarity posted:

Numberwang is too repetitive. The only time I laughed at it after the first series was the rotate the board segment that pans around to David reenacting the Russian roulette scene from the Deer Hunter.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

VogeGandire posted:

Numberwang is too repetitive. The only time I laughed at it after the first series was the rotate the board segment that pans around to David reenacting the Russian roulette scene from the Deer Hunter.

I dunno, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a sketch as when I saw them literally rotating the board in the first sketch. After that it kind of became one of those sketches that are only there to be an in-joke with people who watch the show. The documentary sketch they did on its history was pretty fun though.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sir Digby Chicken Caeser :colbert:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Numberwang was never as good as Quizzle Stick, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfgRGW9Ghik

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bah, I'm a hardcore fan of the true (loving) Stick.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Geokinesis posted:

Sir Digby Chicken Caeser :colbert:

There's a brilliant moment in a Ross Noble standup DVD where he starts doing that music as part of his act, gets a cheer and has no idea why as he's presumably been on tour the whole time and not had a chance to watch it.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Tenuous link to the East End Thug giving an inspirational talk about IT

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

An excuse to post about Armando's barber? I'll take it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY6UngkXdjg

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't there a Top Gear thread somewhere? I could have sworn I had seen one and the previous season just ended. :iiam:

Anyway, I just watched the train episode s17e4 on Netflix and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
There's one in the driving sub forum.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks. Didn't think to look there. Still, wasn't there one in here before?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I

Still my favourite Mitchell & Webb sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
The M&W show I preferred as audio. The snooker commentators were not at all what I had pictured :(

I wish Iannucci would front another show, his was amazing.