Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
4-0 is a real thing that is quite likely to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Hyperriker posted:

4-0 is a real thing that is quite likely to happen

There's 5 ashes tests mate

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

thehappyprince posted:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'll do a big lol if Clarke gets banned from the next match due to slow over rates anyway.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thehappyprince posted:

Yes, but it's almost inevitable that at least one of them will be rained off.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

jazzyhattrick posted:

Yes, but it's almost inevitable that at least one of them will be rained off.

Where ever there are drought warnings, most likely.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Especially with this poo poo Australasian weather

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

thehappyprince posted:

Especially with this poo poo Australasian weather

Cool burn on NZ

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Watson is probably going to be captain in the last test. This loving team.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

-Spiffy- posted:

Cool burn on NZ

chance would be a fine thing!!!!!

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/story/625750.html

Starc has flown home for ankle surgery. With Clarke likely to miss the fourth test as well our batting is even more hosed up.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Doctor Cave posted:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/story/625750.html

Starc has flown home for ankle surgery. With Clarke likely to miss the fourth test as well our batting is even more hosed up.

At least they've known this was coming for some time. Though if he and Clarke are out, there go our two best batsmen :-)

You can just about guarantee they'll rest Siddle as well for the dead rubber, bringing Pattinson back in almost for sure, and possibly Johnson. But what do they do with Lyon, Mr X and Smith? Smith's bowling is crap, so you can only play him realistically as a batsman. Clarke, Siddle, Starc out brings Johnson, Pattinson and Watson back in, but gee our spin bowling options are ordinary.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Steven Tendulkarslayer Smith

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Starc has more runs on this tour than Phil Hughes :laffo:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

webmeister posted:

Starc has more runs on this tour than Phil Hughes :laffo:

What's even worse is that it's not likely to change even if Hughes plays next test and Starc misses it.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
Checking out the odds for the Ashes double header. England 10-0 is 500/1. Looks to be worth a cheeky tenner.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Seksiness posted:

Checking out the odds for the Ashes double header. England 10-0 is 500/1. Looks to be worth a cheeky tenner.

Id go for that but for the guaranteed chance theres going to be rain or a pitch so flat its a draw.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Seams posted:

Watson is probably going to be captain in the last test. This loving team.
Australia may as well make Cowan their captain for the last test, at least he's clever.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Ponting was named Shield player of the year and Aaron Finch won Ryobi Cup player of the year. So I think that means that the best shield player is a man that wasn't good enough for international cricket anymore, and the best ODI player is a man that batted like poo poo in ODI's all summer.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The thing with Ponting is he is stepping up his fc commitment (stint in county coming up) rather than winding it back so I don't see why he won't go around again next year. So we might get two years in a row of him making our fc system look like garbage.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Ponting scored 875 runs for Tasmania at an average of 87.40.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Its interesting how prolific he has been and how much cricket he intends on playing. He has stints lined up in the IPL, County cricket and then a run in the Caribbean Premier League.

Is he secretly hoping we suck so badly the BRING BACK RICKY HES IN GREAT FORM campaign starts from a desperate Aussie media as we go 2-0 down in the Ashes or is it just for some retirement coin.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just turn the Ashes into a Australia reunion tour and roll out Warne, Ponting and any other old guy whos willing to play.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Brad Hodge has pre-emptively made himself available

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Its interesting how prolific he has been and how much cricket he intends on playing. He has stints lined up in the IPL, County cricket and then a run in the Caribbean Premier League.

Is he secretly hoping we suck so badly the BRING BACK RICKY HES IN GREAT FORM campaign starts from a desperate Aussie media as we go 2-0 down in the Ashes or is it just for some retirement coin.

Don't blame the guy. He's got maybe another 2 years left in him so he his getting as much (paid) cricket in as he can. Also probably back to just enjoying the game without the weight of expectation.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Tony A. Butt posted:

He's at his computer right now dialing up youtubes of his double-century

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Scylo posted:

Ponting was named Shield player of the year and Aaron Finch won Ryobi Cup player of the year. So I think that means that the best shield player is a man that wasn't good enough for international cricket anymore, and the best ODI player is a man that batted like poo poo in ODI's all summer.

I saw this:

ACA Teams of the Year

Sheffield Shield: Chris Rogers, Phillip Hughes, Alex Doolan, Ricky Ponting (capt), Callum Ferguson, Moises Henriques, Brad Haddin, Ashton Agar, Luke Butterworth, Chadd Sayers, Jackson Bird, Mark Cosgrove (12th man)

That team with Clarke a straight swap for Hughes would probably be as good as the current test team lol.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I reckon Doolan might be the next one to be called up. He had a pretty good season as far as I know.

Oh and Ager :getin:

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Although I thought Joe Burns was having a good season so beats me why he's not there.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Looks like another Hughes tbh. <10 or >100. Hopefully he can be a bit more consistent next season because god knows we need a new young batsman to come through.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

4liters posted:

I reckon Doolan might be the next one to be called up. He had a pretty good season as far as I know.

Oh and Ager :getin:

He fell away a bit in the middle of the season but hes turned it around a bit. Wouldn't be a terrible choice.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Auditore posted:

I saw this:

ACA Teams of the Year

Sheffield Shield: Chris Rogers, Phillip Hughes, Alex Doolan, Ricky Ponting (capt), Callum Ferguson, Moises Henriques, Brad Haddin, Ashton Agar, Luke Butterworth, Chadd Sayers, Jackson Bird, Mark Cosgrove (12th man)

That team with Clarke a straight swap for Hughes would probably be as good as the current test team lol.

Is the 12th man the guy to bring on to give the bowlers\fielders a rest and thus a bit fit?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

notaspy posted:

Is the 12th man the guy to bring on to give the bowlers\fielders a rest and thus a bit fit?

He carries what's left out of the drinks he hasn't already consumed

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

He will also get a couple of minutes head-start on the afternoon-tea spread, much to annoyance of his hungry team-mates

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tony A. Butt posted:

He's a good driver if the celebrity race at the Australian F1 is any guide to go by. Good cricketer, good driver, ignored by a cold, heartless CA

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Don't really care about Hodge but they need to stop having the captain be a selector.

I don't care if Watson is or isn't a good teammate, he's a bad batsman.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/625891.html

This story seems kinda weird. Even if Cowan did complain about dropping standards, what's the point of telling media about it. When watson and co come back to the side, I can't imagine this will make anything smoother. Getting detention because of a strict teacher is one thing. Getting it because of the teacher's pet telling on you is another!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I like to think that Cowan walked in, pointed out that they've been talking about trying to improve team culture for at least a year now and told them to hurry the gently caress up and get on with it

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Anarkii posted:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/625891.html

This story seems kinda weird. Even if Cowan did complain about dropping standards, what's the point of telling media about it. When watson and co come back to the side, I can't imagine this will make anything smoother. Getting detention because of a strict teacher is one thing. Getting it because of the teacher's pet telling on you is another!

I reckon Cowan's making a leadership play, so that if (when?) Watson gets dropped he's on everyone's mind as the VC rather than, say, Warner. He'd probably make a good captain though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That dressing room is toxic.

• Locked thread