Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Say what you may about Ghost Dad, it has one of Cosby's best imitations of a Satanist.

Worship him? I am Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

A different sort of minimalism from all those lovely Mondo knockoffs. Guy with a flamethrower. That's all you needed to know in the revenge-drunk 1980s.

In a similar vein, The Wraith:

Original poster is just a lazy mess that requires more effort than the DVD cover above with less results:

All they needed was a future car and a shotgun, it would get asses in seats and represents to movie.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I miss John Cassavetes :smith:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Dick Trauma posted:

I miss John Cassavetes :smith:

They see me rollin', they hatin'...

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Did they photoshop the faces of the cast onto some models or is that just a shitload of airbrushing?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Young Freud posted:

I would not be surprised if it actually was the same masks from The Last Starfighter or surplus Drakh or Narn masks from Babylon 5.

The masks are actually from Oblivion.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

In which the spectral force of chaos known as Bill Cosby returns home to greet his totem pole made of children's heads.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Those Moonbeam films were really ahead of their time.

While I've liked the posters so far, I think this is case of too much of a good thing. Kingsley seems so out of place.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That looks like all the previous posters thrown together.

Only slightly better than when Matrix Revolutions attempted that for when it came to DVD.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 20, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks like all the previous posters thrown together.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It looks like Kingsley isn't sitting down, but instead is leaning and checking himself out in a mirror.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sir Lemming posted:

It looks like Kingsley isn't sitting down, but instead is leaning and checking himself out in a mirror.

"Who's that handsome badass... Oh it's me. drat, I own this Warlord chic"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Jedit posted:

If this was 20 years ago, someone would be making a cheap slasher flick called The Forum Poster. On the first anniversary of his gruesome internet demise, the killer returns to stalk and slay pedants.

(If someone wants to make that movie I would gladly volunteer my services to star, but I fear it might turn into a snuff movie if I did.)

"They found another body, this one had the phrase 'Serious Business' carved into his chest."

Suzuki Method posted:

Actually, when I went to go look it up, it seems I am mistaking The Hills Have Eyes 2 poster's controversy with a different controversy. The blood having to be changed to dark brown thing must have been on another poster (I distinctly remember this being an issue), THHE2's poster's problem was that in the first poster, they had someone who was clearly alive being dragged, like this:

Which was deemed unacceptable, I can't remember exactly why but I think it was explicit torture or something. They changed it to being a lifeless dead body

I love this. "Oh that's too violent, better change it to a guy dragging a dead body. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea!"

Seriously, what's the loving logic here?

CaptainHollywood posted:

Those Moonbeam films were really ahead of their time.

While I've liked the posters so far, I think this is case of too much of a good thing. Kingsley seems so out of place.

Only slightly better than when Matrix Revolutions attempted that for when it came to DVD.

The sunglasses make his costume look really stupid in a way that it wouldn't have if he didn't have them on.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

CPL593H posted:

The sunglasses make his costume look really stupid in a way that it wouldn't have if he didn't have them on.
His origin story is that Tony Stark blinded him with science.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

CPL593H posted:

I love this. "Oh that's too violent, better change it to a guy dragging a dead body. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea!"

It's not really hard to get. The first one is depicting more active pain and terror because the person is clearly alive and fighting. It's not like the MPAA thinks dragging a dead body instead is all gumdrops and rainbows, it's just a degree of intensity thing. It's the same difference as having a gun pointed at the viewer as opposed to off to the side.

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010

CPL593H posted:

The logic is that a dead person is less gross than a suffering alive person. This poster gets brought up a lot when discussing censorship but I honestly don't have a problem with it. I mean, I don't necessarily condone it or think it's necessary, but as far as dumb censorship goes, I at least understand the logic behind this.

edit: ^What he said, except I find the gun thing a bit more ridiculous than this.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

muscles like this? posted:

That might not be its original title. Somebody could have repackaged it after Twilight.

Thanks a loving bunch, Mister Has-To-Ruin-Everything. Isn't this the time of year you go around telling kids the easter bunny isn't real? :argh:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

casa de mi padre posted:

His origin story is that Tony Stark blinded him with science.

The future's so full of lens flares I gotta wear shades.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Terrifying.

I mean, I'm sure the movie is total crap, but this will probably give me nightmares.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, does that mean they know where to find God's body?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, does that mean they know where to find God's body?

*flexes*

Here it is.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
It's so tiny!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Wait until you see his penis.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Regional marketing can be enormously effective in tailoring advertisements to the tastes of a particular audience, as seen here.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

Wait until you see his penis.

It's mightier.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Darthemed posted:

Regional marketing can be enormously effective in tailoring advertisements to the tastes of a particular audience, as seen here.

I...sort of like the Japanese KOREAN(?) version better*. Like they are running through the city,instead of the white void of doom.

* I fail at this. :eng99:

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 21, 2013

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The closer we look, the less we'll see? Is this commenting on the poster itself? I'm looking closer and seeing more and more perspective and depth errors as I go.

Michael Caine is stuck. Morgan Freeman is taking off. Isla Fisher is being broken in half.

Strange one.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I think that's fine. That movie is basically riding off its likeable ensemble cast and they're showing that in a not-terrible way.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
It's a vaguely inventive way of doing a "Hey! Remember this guy from the movie you liked?" so it's hard to really fault them.

I mean I think it looks lovely but I'd have the same complaint about any other ensemble cast poster.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Woody Harrelson as...Heisenberg.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

spanky the dolphin posted:

The closer we look, the less we'll see? Is this commenting on the poster itself? I'm looking closer and seeing more and more perspective and depth errors as I go.

Michael Caine is stuck. Morgan Freeman is taking off. Isla Fisher is being broken in half.

Strange one.

Those aren't errors dude.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Do Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson seem to be appearing together a lot?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Michael Caine is awesome but every time I see him I think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIQIpC5_wY

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

kiimo posted:

Do Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson seem to be appearing together a lot?

They either like working together or both have agents who really hate them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Dick Trauma posted:

Michael Caine is awesome but every time I see him I think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIQIpC5_wY

I will never, ever, get tired of that clip.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Ocean's 14, starring Jesse Eisenberg

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, Jesse Eisenberg looks totally different and way less irritating than normal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Wow, Jesse Eisenberg looks totally different and way less irritating than normal.

The Social Network was a hard turning point in his career where he went from "that guy who looks like Michael Cera" into being an actual actor. Adventureland was the dry run of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

BonoMan posted:

I will never, ever, get tired of that clip.

I will never ever get tired of that series. It's a masterpiece.

"Drink eht!"