Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ahahahahahaha, JJ Abrams wants us to know he's not happy Alcatraz got cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The MSJ posted:

Ahahahahahaha, JJ Abrams wants us to know he's not happy Alcatraz got cancelled.
I'm not either, the world needs more opportunities for Sam Neil to act :argh:

But this looks really good and cannot wait.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

Am I the only one who is kind of glad? Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but after Alias and Lost I just had no faith that it wouldn't go entirely up it's rear end by the end.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Looks like a Michael Bay flick.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Ughhhh that looks so good, and through some quirk of the makeup this time I don't even mind Benedict Cumberbatch's horrible loving freakish face.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
drat, I shouldn't have watched that. I'm pissed I can't see the movie right this drat second.

I'm seeing some Strangelove, some Godfather 3, a weird Total Recall/Terminator 2 vibe in some spots... I love it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

penismightier posted:

Ughhhh that looks so good, and through some quirk of the makeup this time I don't even mind Benedict Cumberbatch's horrible loving freakish face.

His face was different. I thought I may have just somehow forgotten how he looks

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Trailer for Disconnect (Jason Bateman)

Basically it's everything you shouldn't do on the internet as far as I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCcQOlDM4o

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Basically it's everything you shouldn't do on the internet as far as I can tell.

They should have called it Serious Business.

thet0wer
Dec 4, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Fear-mongering bullshit

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PaganGoatPants posted:

My favorite part is the under-aged male camwhore who not only lives in the same town but a woman watches.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I have never watched Star Trek, but I want to watch this. gently caress me that's a trailer for an epic movie.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Just a friendly reminder that we're not getting just one awesome Vin Diesel flick this year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4CY5HrD71g

I'm a fan of both the series and the man, so :getin:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The trippy new trailer for Trance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKogqbSRQpY

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Am I supposed to be rooting for Cumberbatch in this movie? Because I am :allears:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cumberbatch gonna wreck some fools in that movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brand spanking new World War Z trailer:

http://thefilmstage.com/trailer/world-war-z-trailer-2-brad-pitt-faces-the-end-of-humanity/

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
World War Lemmings.

I don't get why anyone would make this movie.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:catstare:

Not that it was a remarkable book in the first place but god drat, that looks to be the worst adaptation I've ever seen.
The book could've made for a great miniseries or something, not this Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich crap.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 24, 2013

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think it looks fun. :shobon: I haven't read the book though so I don't really care if it's accurate to it

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Zzulu posted:

I think it looks fun. :shobon: I haven't read the book though so I don't really care if it's accurate to it

Yeah I agree. I haven't read the book, and by all accounts kind of tired of Zombie stuff, but it looks like a fun action romp.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
At least it doesn't look like 2004's Dawn of the Dead, like every other zombie anything that has come out since.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That trailer is so completely underwhelming. And I didn't expect much in the first place due to all the roadblocks this movie has had. It just looks totally uninspired in every way. Such a shame.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

BonoMan posted:

Yeah I agree. I haven't read the book, and by all accounts kind of tired of Zombie stuff, but it looks like a fun action romp.

The book is a cool take and a different approach. This movie however...wtf. Zombie ball incoming!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I am hugely biased against the book so I'm tempted to just say the trailer looks a million times better than whatever a "real" adaptation of the book would be.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
People have already noted how much this trailer sucks, but I just wanted to point out that in the book, the infection originated in China, not Russia like they seem to be implying in the trailer. Good to know that screenwriting still hasn't progressed beyond the early 80s.

Gotta keep those financiers happy!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

The book is a cool take and a different approach. This movie however...wtf. Zombie ball incoming!

So the movie have a cool take and different approach to zombies instead. Katrina, Haiti, South-East Asia, Fukushima, and now zombies!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Guess I should state that I did enjoy the book*, and I appreciate what they're doing with the movie, just to round off our opinions. Sure, it doesn't look like it's particularly faithful to the source, but like I've said before, I like how they're basically making a disaster movie where the disaster is zombies, instead of just a zombie movie. Even if they had been more faithful to the book, I still think that approach is the right one, given the global scale of the movie. Whether its any good though, who can say, though at least it's far from certain that a straight adaption would have been any better. Sure, maybe they would have focused on the best parts of the book (according to who?), but they could just as easily have focused on katana geeks and blind hobo monks.

*Despite it mostly ranging from decent to dumb, depending on the story, it does have some cool parts. Not to mention that it's nice that the story is as international as it is, even if the focus is still on the US at the end.

404GoonNotFound posted:

People have already noted how much this trailer sucks, but I just wanted to point out that in the book, the infection originated in China, not Russia like they seem to be implying in the trailer. Good to know that screenwriting still hasn't progressed beyond the early 80s.

Gotta keep those financiers happy!
Wasn't it strongly implied that the infection originated in North Korea, even if the first reported cases are in China? Not sure why they didn't just go for that option, no one's going to boycut the movie over being mean to the North Koreans anyway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I am hugely biased against the book so I'm tempted to just say the trailer looks a million times better than whatever a "real" adaptation of the book would be.

Just because you hated the book doesn't mean that makes the movie look good. I read it years ago and barely remember it. The trailer could be taken right from the book and I'd have no idea. Whether it is or isn't close to the book doesn't change the fact that it looks rather terrible.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
As someone who has never read the book World War Z looks like a very dumb but fun popcorn movie.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
It looks like a very drab 3D experience. Blah.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Deadpool posted:

Just because you hated the book doesn't mean that makes the movie look good. I read it years ago and barely remember it. The trailer could be taken right from the book and I'd have no idea. Whether it is or isn't close to the book doesn't change the fact that it looks rather terrible.

I hated the book and I think the trailer looks fine.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Deadpool posted:

You should read what I wrote. I said I was tempted to say it looked great just to spite the book but I don't care that much. I do like a lot of the anthill/human tide imagery.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sure, maybe they would have focused on the best parts of the book (according to who?)

The entire movie is set on the Space Station.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I do like a lot of the anthill/human tide imagery.

The more I see of this, the more I love it. It's such a fresh take on the zombie concept. They've kind of re-mystified the zombie. These things are so aggressive and concerted in their efforts that you absolutely cannot imagine them in any of the standard zombie scenarios. I mean what do they even do when there are no people to assimilate? You're never going to be able to interact with these things in the typical ironic "boom headshot" way, and for that alone this looks like a good zombie movie.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They look like the rage zombies from 28 days later, except millions of them all at once

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

All of you that hated the book, just curious what you hated about it exactly?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

ApexAftermath posted:

I think there were bits of it that were pretty good and interesting, and I loved reading about how different countries dealt with the crisis in different ways.

On the other hand there is an extensive chapter where a fat computer nerd from Japan finds a sword and magically becomes a master of sword-zombie killing.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

scary ghost dog posted:

At least it doesn't look like 2004's Dawn of the Dead, like every other zombie anything that has come out since.

It's funny that you say that, since in a lot of ways what they seem to have done with this movie compared to the book is similar to what Snyder did to his Dawn remake compared to the Romero original. EVERYTHING'S SUPERCHARGED!!!!!!

I'm a fan of the book but I'm willing to give this a chance. My expectations are not high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ApexAftermath posted:

Shallow, circumspect take on culture as seen from the Krusty Burger map.

• Locked thread