Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

ChibiSoma posted:

High five first-try table 10 bro.

Volvidon is a butt! Stop rolling all over the place you rear end in a top hat, I'm trying to hit you with a giant ice mallet! :mad: It's like Uragaan had a crack baby with a Lagombi.

Do you get the chance to hunt Great Wroggis anywhere but the Flooded Forest? I hate that place. Too much clutter. I want cowboy gunner gear!

Eh, F. Forest ain't so bad, and if you're fighting Volvidon you can probably kill a G. Wroggi in like a minute or so before they go somewhere dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

ChibiSoma posted:

Do you get the chance to hunt Great Wroggis anywhere but the Flooded Forest? I hate that place. Too much clutter. I want cowboy gunner gear!
In High Rank you do. :v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Wozbo posted:

As I'm reading; it should be like:

code:
1 2 3 4 5
X O X O O
O X X X O
X X O X O
Would mean table 5 right?

Pretty much, yes. If you had a column of O's in 3 then you'd keep going until either 3 or 5 X'd out.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Oh what the actual gently caress The Duramboros. Nearly KOed me after taking up ALL of my Potions, First Aid Meds, and Mega Potions. AND he took 13 Whetstones plus the 2 mini whetstones to keep me at a decent sharpness all fight long. Sucker is really tough, but fun. I found myself WHY WONT YOU DIE constantly during the fight.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Kooriken posted:

Oh what the actual gently caress The Duramboros. Nearly KOed me after taking up ALL of my Potions, First Aid Meds, and Mega Potions. AND he took 13 Whetstones plus the 2 mini whetstones to keep me at a decent sharpness all fight long. Sucker is really tough, but fun. I found myself WHY WONT YOU DIE constantly during the fight.

Seems like you're probably bouncing a lot if you're going through shrarpness like that. I haven't found him in TriU, but in MHP3rd at least I don't recall him being that crazy hard.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Might have something to do with the fact I was only using a green sharp weapon. I wasn't bouncing but I would start bouncing if I went down to regular sharpness, so yeah whetstones were super important.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Falcon2001 posted:

Seems like you're probably bouncing a lot if you're going through shrarpness like that. I haven't found him in TriU, but in MHP3rd at least I don't recall him being that crazy hard.

He isn't hard but keep in mind monsters got nerfed in p3rd. It doesn't help you can't have fire weapons (if you play offline) at that point either.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How does the Brady Games eGuide work? Can I just download as many copies as I want so I can have it on a few different devices? Is it searchable?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Is there any specific trick to getting Great Jaggi to drop that frill? Only need the chest piece to finish the set before I wander off to do every other drat thing under the sun but i've killed at least 8 or so since the first and they never drop another frill. And yes before it's asked I bust their face up every time till it's shredded and they do that flinch.

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

Is there any specific trick to getting Great Jaggi to drop that frill? Only need the chest piece to finish the set before I wander off to do every other drat thing under the sun but i've killed at least 8 or so since the first and they never drop another frill. And yes before it's asked I bust their face up every time till it's shredded and they do that flinch.

Break his face and it should appear in the end of quest rewards.

Capturing instead of killing might help your chances.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What avlein said. If you're just hunting Great Jaggi in Moga Woods, stop that and do the quest instead.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Countblanc posted:

How does the Brady Games eGuide work? Can I just download as many copies as I want so I can have it on a few different devices? Is it searchable?

It's just a straight up PDF with your name watermarked on every single page of the guide. Yes, you can search in it though you'll get a bunch of hits if you're searching for an item since they can be used in a lot of things.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Is the charm table thing down for anyone else? I can put my things in, but when I hit send it times out. Or is it just swamped?

Eiderann
Jan 28, 2007

Restrict the restless hands, which quickly become the workmates of the Outsider.

Wozbo posted:

Shweet, then I got table 10 on first go.

:negative: Right on the cusp of 5* missions and the charm table sites are still down. I have a feeling I'm not cursed due to the similarity in my fishing hauls to SocialDissonance, but damned if it isn't killing me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Commissar Ken posted:

You can't free hunt it (at least I don't think you can) you have to destroy the neck thing (Which just puts holes in it a few attacks will do) then capture or kill him to complete the quest. It will only show up as a quest reward "damage bonus" (the area in blue).

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Commissar Ken posted:

Capture him, the drop rate goes through the roof.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Kooriken posted:

Make the peco bow and rain fire arrows on his big slow rear end. He stays in one place a lot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I just killed my first Royal Ludroth on my own (or whatever it's called) and was feeling proud as hell. Family then called me up so went and had to discuss something and when I came back; guess the reward screen got tired of waiting and killed itself. :suicide:

I can understand doing that for online rooms and whatnot but for solo play? That's retarded.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I just killed my first Royal Ludroth on my own (or whatever it's called) and was feeling proud as hell. Family then called me up so went and had to discuss something and when I came back; guess the reward screen got tired of waiting and killed itself. :suicide:

I can understand doing that for online rooms and whatnot but for solo play? That's retarded.

All for a consistent user experience. :haw:

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008
Are there any other mirrors to that charm table calculator site? My friend is making a character and can't seem to find a link that works.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you are not actively playing and pressing buttons, close the lid.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Machai posted:

If you are not actively playing and pressing buttons, close the lid.

My Wii-U doesn't have a lid!

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Really enjoying this so far. The ebgames guy gave me a code for the digital strat guide which is quite helpful for explaining a lot of the small things that the game doesn't help with such as what exactly armor skills do.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My Wii-U doesn't have a lid!

Does it have some sort of home button that pauses the game completely? I would do this with Tri.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Ughhhh how did you all make it with underwater battles. Admittedly it controls better than I would have imagined it but Gobul is showing me who's boss. It's been waaaaay too long since I've played. Just need to remember to slow down.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So after doing the charm table thing, is it ok for me to turn my wifi back on, or do I have to wait until the fishing thing?

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

KimT posted:

So after doing the charm table thing, is it ok for me to turn my wifi back on, or do I have to wait until the fishing thing?

Once you press A on "New Game" your table is locked to that save slot. Assuming that you save the game, of course.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

KimT posted:

You can turn it back on. The charm table seed calculation happens during character creation.

Edit: Beaten.

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

You can turn it on right away if you want. It takes the time stamp from when you hit "New", do whatever after that.

e: ^^ Seriously, even refreshed just in case.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Okay, thanks a lot guys.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god, Nibelsnarf is amazing. :3:

Can you not break his big, stupid Jimmy Durante nose, though? I cracked his ears really quickly and spent the rest of the fight hammering away at his nose, but it never broke. Or if it did, it wasn't apparent.

I expected him to be bigger for some reason! Also the first of the new guys I've been able to successfully capture on a first-time battle.

And I finally saw it. Jupiter's Sphere. loving Duramboros Hammer. It looks absolutely god drat incredible. Oh well. I wanted a set of Duram armor anyway.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Can't break the nose but you can break his uvula and claws

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh my god, Nibelsnarf is amazing. :3:

Can you not break his big, stupid Jimmy Durante nose, though? I cracked his ears really quickly and spent the rest of the fight hammering away at his nose, but it never broke. Or if it did, it wasn't apparent.

I expected him to be bigger for some reason! Also the first of the new guys I've been able to successfully capture on a first-time battle.

And I finally saw it. Jupiter's Sphere. loving Duramboros Hammer. It looks absolutely god drat incredible. Oh well. I wanted a set of Duram armor anyway.

Nibelsnarf's breaks are his gills, front feet, and uvula if I'm remembering my time from P3rd correctly. His nose takes more damage though. Also he has the best drat weapons, his hunting horn is a harmonica for crying out loud.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Bussamove posted:

Nibelsnarf's breaks are his gills, front feet, and uvula if I'm remembering my time from P3rd correctly. His nose takes more damage though. Also he has the best drat weapons, his hunting horn is a harmonica for crying out loud.

I feel better knowing you can't cut his tail. It was driving me crazy trying to get at it for the three seconds at a time it was exposed.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Okay Quropecos are literally the shittiest shitlords ever shat. Every time I take it down to limping it dodges around traps I put down in front of it. One time it literally went from standing healthy and ready to charge to instant limp-flyaway the second I started putting a trap down. The loving felyne hoard it summons robbing me blind while I'm in sniper mode don't help either.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Ughhhh how did you all make it with underwater battles. Admittedly it controls better than I would have imagined it but Gobul is showing me who's boss. It's been waaaaay too long since I've played. Just need to remember to slow down.

Fish him out with a frog and make it a land battle. Best Gobul Practices. I don't think it's ever spelled out in the game, so don't feel bad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gobul is pretty much my nightmares given flesh.

Thanks game.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

BlueDestiny posted:

Okay Quropecos are literally the shittiest shitlords ever shat. Every time I take it down to limping it dodges around traps I put down in front of it. One time it literally went from standing healthy and ready to charge to instant limp-flyaway the second I started putting a trap down. The loving felyne hoard it summons robbing me blind while I'm in sniper mode don't help either.

Oh man, if you think normal Quru is a pain... Wait for high rank quru and the crimson subspecies. Deviljhoes and being blinded all the loving time: the quest. I literally spent 20 minutes runningfrom a Jho while trying to down a crimson qurupeco :suicide:

e: I guess what I'm saying is, guys, low rank is super good pratice, abuse that fact

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 22, 2013

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh my god, just figured out you can cut tails off with the Hunting Horn! So on top of awesome songs, KO damage, it also cuts. Best weapon ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gobul is pretty much my nightmares given flesh.

Thanks game.

Given your flesh.

Is this true about hunting horns? This blows my mind. Totally going for a R Ludroth tail when I get home tonight to test this!

• Locked thread