Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

alg posted:

How are you getting it early!!!!!! So jealous :smith:

I got a shipment notification this morning, that said there is no way it arrives tomorrow.
Caaaan't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

alg posted:

How are you getting it early!!!!!! So jealous :smith:

No clue! I just got a shipping notification yesterday and now it's in Jersey City, which almost always means I'll get it the next day.

I was like the first person to order it though. Wouldn't surprise me if they have all the preorders out in the next couple of days.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Thanks for the heads up on that split, had no idea about it.

I've got a huge order with Topshelf (including Caravels, Diamond Youth and a handful of 7") but it got pushed back until at least next week because of the tuques :(

At least I'll get it just in time for all the snow to have melted :downs:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Double post.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

realbez posted:

Is it stupid that I'm thinking about buying a copy of deadwing at the price it goes for online? I really really want it and I've been waiting for word of a reissue for ages, without joy. Does anyone have any idea if it is likely to be reissued?

It will happen eventually but you could be waiting several years. I paid about $220 for my copy and don't regret it, though. Gates of Dawn releases are a thing of beauty :allears:

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Thrift store finds:

Promotional copy of Hawkwind. Cover is decent, but actual album looks perfect.

And 8-tracks of Leftoverture and Point of Know Return. My monster Panasonic turntable has a built-in 8-track player that still works. Don't know if these will, though.

About the only things that ever need attention on 8 tracks are the splice (1/4" R2R foil tape) and the foam pads that disintegrate but are also easily replaced.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

david puddy posted:

It will happen eventually but you could be waiting several years. I paid about $220 for my copy and don't regret it, though. Gates of Dawn releases are a thing of beauty :allears:

Ok thanks, I guess I'll just go ahead and do it.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I have three of their Gates of Dawn releases, and besides sounding incredible, they have the most sturdy sleeves I've come across ever. Really thick glossy cardboard:

They're leagues better than anything Kscope have put out I think, and I don't regret not waiting for the re-issues.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
This was recently repressed by K. So glad to finally have it:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Oh hey Mondo's Drive soundtrack is on sa-oh never mind.

e: You can still get it for 125 bucks though!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Records-/176985/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=drive+mondo

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Doctor Cave posted:

This was recently repressed by K. So glad to finally have it:

My ex's copy of that is still here and I think that might be the only thing of her's I want her to forget about and leave.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It sold out faster than their other LP releases, but it was up for plenty of time if you wanted one.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I have no need for it, my Invada copy is just fine.

But going up at a random time in the day and selling out within 30 minutes is hardly 'plenty of time', considering.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's how Mondo is - I wish their posters lasted 30 minutes instead of 2.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Caravels - Lacuna looks and sounds awesome. Just started side B and I'm probably going to listen to this a couple more times before I do anything else today. Bonus: gatefold jacket!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kevar posted:

Caravels - Lacuna looks and sounds awesome. Just started side B and I'm probably going to listen to this a couple more times before I do anything else today. Bonus: gatefold jacket!

:smithicide:

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007
The official listing for RSD has been posted!

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
Ok NMD vinyl thread, I’m loving wasted as I always am when I post and lets be honest, trying to get band, so gently caress it. David puddy, it was either you or some other idiot with your exact same avatar that put out that lovely album in NMD, and I don’t really care if it was you or another guy but it fuvking sucked. I mean that poo poo was so bad. loving terrible. And the rest of you, posting pictures of your goddan lovely King Crismon collection or some lame Vangelis poo poo, are you loving serious? Look im a lovely poster no doubt about it but sometimes I look at this thread and I just loving weep WEEP for you assholes. I know, youll be all like “ hey shut the gently caress up music is subjectie and poo poo but seriously, have you guys checked the dollar bin of your local record shop- half of the poo poo you post you can find there with not problems at all. I know I’m being a pompous rear end in a top hat to some of you but seriously, do you shop for records anyhere else but online? And what the gently caress are you doing using the words “vinyl records?” Is that like a joke or something? I guarantee there are a lot worse things to complain about but gently caress you guys make me feel ashamed and I’m over it. To be fair tho record store day is ok except that you won’t get a lot of poo poo because the stores usually allow employees to call dibs on the good poo poo but you should still go anyways cause record employees are dumb sometimes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

#wisdom

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Quality post.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
We may as well go ahead and make a new thread because this one's not getting any better.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Whew, the Touche Amore split is only color exclusive to RSD. That means I can give a big fat who cares.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

blumpkinbliss posted:

Ok NMD vinyl thread, I’m loving wasted as I always am when I post and lets be honest, trying to get band, so gently caress it. David puddy, it was either you or some other idiot with your exact same avatar that put out that lovely album in NMD, and I don’t really care if it was you or another guy but it fuvking sucked. I mean that poo poo was so bad. loving terrible. And the rest of you, posting pictures of your goddan lovely King Crismon collection or some lame Vangelis poo poo, are you loving serious? Look im a lovely poster no doubt about it but sometimes I look at this thread and I just loving weep WEEP for you assholes. I know, youll be all like “ hey shut the gently caress up music is subjectie and poo poo but seriously, have you guys checked the dollar bin of your local record shop- half of the poo poo you post you can find there with not problems at all. I know I’m being a pompous rear end in a top hat to some of you but seriously, do you shop for records anyhere else but online? And what the gently caress are you doing using the words “vinyl records?” Is that like a joke or something? I guarantee there are a lot worse things to complain about but gently caress you guys make me feel ashamed and I’m over it. To be fair tho record store day is ok except that you won’t get a lot of poo poo because the stores usually allow employees to call dibs on the good poo poo but you should still go anyways cause record employees are dumb sometimes
I know you think you're owning people here but it's really just pathetic.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I wonder if anyone bought it to actually listen to it.

You cut so deep, man.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

I wonder if anyone bought it to actually listen to it.

Maybe they just wanna look at the Tyler Stout art?

I'm not a fan of it personally.

I do think it's funny that the Mondo release is basically identical to the INVADA release, aside from the artwork.

Black vinyl/Pink vinyl/Picture disc? Yup.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I just don't see what all the fuss is with that soundtrack. Aside from Real Human Bean its just 80's-revivalist synth music or dark ambient synth stuff.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

WASDF posted:

I just don't see what all the fuss is with that soundtrack. Aside from Real Human Bean its just 80's-revivalist synth music or dark ambient synth stuff.

Yes, exactly.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I love ordering from smaller labels and getting handwritten letters of appreciation from bands. Warms my heart :unsmith:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

WASDF posted:

I don't get what the fuss is with that movie in general. It was pretty good, but it's not like it was life changing or anything.

And yeah, I guarantee most of the people who bought that record won't ever play it. It'll either be framed on their wall, or flipped for "mondo" profit on ebay.

Parachute Underwear posted:

I love ordering from smaller labels and getting handwritten letters of appreciation from bands. Warms my heart :unsmith:

This is indeed a great thing. I put out an album last year, and I made sure to give a nice little unique note to everyone who bought it. It's a nice touch, and bands definitely appreciate the support as much as fans love hearing how much bands love their support. I think that makes sense...

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

WASDF posted:

Yes, aside from A Real Hero it's a very good album. Really glad I didn't have to deal with all that Mondo nonsense.

I only have one complaint about the Caravels' LP. There's really no vocal variation so they get kind of repetitive. Of course, I did listen to it like 4 times in a row.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

This is indeed a great thing. I put out an album last year, and I made sure to give a nice little unique note to everyone who bought it. It's a nice touch, and bands definitely appreciate the support as much as fans love hearing how much bands love their support. I think that makes sense...

You forgot to mention that the album was awesome.

mia2000
Feb 8, 2003

This is our song of exultant joy
Hey guys, look what I scored from the dollar bin at my local record store!

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

WASDF posted:

80s revivalist synth is where it's at! I can't stop listening to the Kanvinsky track, Nightfall at the moment.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I got a mispressed copy of MONO's Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined on coloured vinyl yesterday. I emailed Temporary Residence about it and Jeremy deVine said he wasn't aware that any of the mispressings had made it to market. This is the first unique thing I've gotten :woop:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

blumpkinbliss posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ah yes, Record Store Day, let's pay $40 for a new pressing of The Gambler

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
If RSD wants to give me a colored re-issue of Relationship of Command, I'm not going to complain.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there anything I need to know about the Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB? It seems like good value for what it is.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

david puddy posted:

I got a mispressed copy of MONO's Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined on coloured vinyl yesterday. I emailed Temporary Residence about it and Jeremy deVine said he wasn't aware that any of the mispressings had made it to market. This is the first unique thing I've gotten :woop:

Does that just mean it sounds bad?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

WASDF posted:

Does that just mean it sounds bad?

Nah, it's got the wrong tracks on it. The album's cat no. is TRR 68, side C is from TRR 67.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

weird