Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

DropShadow posted:

Well, that's gorgeous. Congrats. I can't tell if it's black, or moonlight blue or something else.

I wish Real Americans™ would get over their fear of wagons so we could get cool poo poo like this.

Thanks - I'm loving it profoundly so far. A shame you don't get them in America. At this point for me, with a young child, a dog and probably another one of each to come before long, I can't think of a more perfect car to safely transport them around while sating the petrolheaded, technology-loving side of me. As for colour, apparently it's "phantom black with pearl effect".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just some fresh shots of the GT500. Took it out a couple of days so far this year, washed it, then the weather turned assholish again. The color is off on the first one because my iPhone doesn't understand the sun.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Man, I love this.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bugeyes are the besteyes :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Thanks - I'm loving it profoundly so far. A shame you don't get them in America. At this point for me, with a young child, a dog and probably another one of each to come before long, I can't think of a more perfect car to safely transport them around while sating the petrolheaded, technology-loving side of me. As for colour, apparently it's "phantom black with pearl effect".

It's a great looking Avant. I'm supremely jealous. I demand better photos in due time.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

wallaka posted:

Man, I love this.

Thanks! Here's a couple more...

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Not the biggest fan of STI's, but that's very well done.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

_adam posted:

Thanks! Here's a couple more...

drat son :monocle:

(couldn't remember the smily peeking over his shades that I wanted)

tayLOVE
Jan 23, 2007

crappy iphone pic, but here's my 04 FXT, I don't think I've posted it here...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

tayLOVE posted:

crappy iphone pic, but here's my 04 FXT, I don't think I've posted it here...

Nice lowered, clean FXT. What have you done to it?

tayLOVE
Jan 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Nice lowered, clean FXT. What have you done to it?

Thanks! Performance-wise, all I've done is throw a few Cobb parts at it (accessport + a mild tune, catback, intake, etc) - also had to put an aluminum skid plate on, as I've found it's a bit too low for some of the roads here in the pacific NW.

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009

ThirstyBuck posted:

^^ I'm not a Corvette fan but that looks boss.

Boss? I think it looks Grand, myself

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
Mah RS4 :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's pretty. Got more pics?

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
Yeah, but they all turned out kind of poo poo. I'll post more when I get better pics.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That's about the perfect car. Timing chain would scare the gently caress out of me, though.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
gently caress thieves, that is all.

Never thought I'd be robbed where I work. My office building is in an affluent part of town with tons of through traffic and lots of activity by co-workers in the lot. Smash and grabbed my V1. I take my radar detector down literally everywhere BUT work. That's what I get for parking on the end of a row.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Awww man, what loving assholes :argh:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That's awful. I was half expecting to see the top slashed with your seats taken. It could have been worse, but I'd still feel so sick. Ugh

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That's awful. I was half expecting to see the top slashed with your seats taken. It could have been worse, but I'd still feel so sick. Ugh

That would have taken way too much time, thankfully. I'm not kidding when I say it's an extremely high-visibility area with lots of through-traffic.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I had a convertible cobra for a bit before I sold it off and bought a coupe. I always left the doors unlocked, so would-be thieves who were curious could rifle through my poo poo instead of cutting a giant gash in my top. I guess if your car's seats are a hot commodity it might change things a bit...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Paul Boz_ posted:

gently caress thieves, that is all.

Never thought I'd be robbed where I work. My office building is in an affluent part of town with tons of through traffic and lots of activity by co-workers in the lot. Smash and grabbed my V1. I take my radar detector down literally everywhere BUT work. That's what I get for parking on the end of a row.

drat that sucks :(

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

VanNuys posted:

I had a convertible cobra for a bit before I sold it off and bought a coupe. I always left the doors unlocked, so would-be thieves who were curious could rifle through my poo poo instead of cutting a giant gash in my top. I guess if your car's seats are a hot commodity it might change things a bit...

I bought locking seat bolts. How sad is that.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009

meatpimp posted:

That's about the perfect car. Timing chain would scare the gently caress out of me, though.

The timing chains are actually really good on these motors... completely different than the 4.2 in the S4. There are B7 RS4s running around europe with 150k+ miles with no chain rattle.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That sucks big time. But it's an unfortunately expensive lesson - no matter where you leave your car, unless it's in a secured garage, you should not leave anything of any conceivable value visible.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

That sucks big time. But it's an unfortunately expensive lesson - no matter where you leave your car, unless it's in a secured garage, you should not leave anything of any conceivable value visible.

Nooooooooo poo poo, thanks for stating the obvious. Nothing like getting robbed and somebody saying "I hope you learned your lesson!"

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Just some fresh shots of the GT500. Took it out a couple of days so far this year, washed it, then the weather turned assholish again. The color is off on the first one because my iPhone doesn't understand the sun.

You are a beautiful crazy person. The V6 is borderline too fast for me...I have no idea what I'd do with a GT500...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That sucks Paul :(

Did you give the serial number to the police? Sometimes that stuff turns up at pawn shops because anyone that brave is a meth head, not a pro.

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That sucks Paul :(

Did you give the serial number to the police? Sometimes that stuff turns up at pawn shops because anyone that brave is a meth head, not a pro.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate. If you give the police the serial number they won't actively look for it, but if it shows up at a pawn shop anywhere in the area you'll get your poo poo back. It likely will, and those places usually subtly tag druggies so that even if the serial number is scratched off or something... well, they'll know.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Pretty sure the chances of the :siren:police:siren:investigating the theft of a radar detector are very slim...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
They don't investigate it, they just put it on a list that gets distributed to pawn shops in the area.

Sometimes there's a unit that tours random pawn shops and does serial number lookups for recently stolen stuff but I wouldn't bet on that.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Voltage posted:

Pretty sure the chances of the :siren:police:siren:investigating the theft of a radar detector are very slim...

That's why you tell the popo that someone also stole your bag of weed and you swear there were three rocks left in the ashtray when you parked. :waycool:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

West SAAB Story posted:

That's why you tell the popo that someone also stole your bag of weed and you swear there were three rocks left in the ashtray when you parked. :waycool:

It's also important when filing the insurance claim to mention the theives made off with your driving flask, and your steering wheel ipad holder.

Just a lovely situation all around. I've never really locked my doors because i don't want theives smashing my window to find out there's nothing of value in it, but after joining the valuable seat club, i have to :(

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

What kind of wheels are those? I dig them :hfive:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

SwashedBuckles posted:

What kind of wheels are those? I dig them :hfive:

OE RS4 wheels

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I told him that my radar detector was stolen and he just rolled his eyes. Baton Rouge has one of the nation's highest murder rates so the police really aren't interested in trying to find private property. It's commonly known here that filing a police report for stolen property (in some cases up to and including cars) is just a formality for insurance claims.

In more positive news my $294 OEM window (gently caress me) is being installed this afternoon. I'd normally do something like this but a friend works in service at the Honda dealership and is doing it for $75. Just way too convenient in this case. I've also got an appointment on Monday to get 5% tint laid down on the sides and back. My top is generally only up when the car is parked so no issues there.

West SAAB Story posted:

S2000's have a hidden compartment that most owners, never mind thieves, don't know about :X

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 22, 2013

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009

Paul Boz_ posted:

I told him that my radar detector was stolen and he just rolled his eyes. Baton Rouge has one of the nation's highest murder rates so the police really aren't interested in trying to find private property. It's commonly known here that filing a police report for stolen property (in some cases up to and including cars) is just a formality for insurance claims.

In more positive news my $294 OEM window (gently caress me) is being installed this afternoon. I'd normally do something like this but a friend works in service at the Honda dealership and is doing it for $75. Just way too convenient in this case. I've also got an appointment on Monday to get 5% tint laid down on the sides and back. My top is generally only up when the car is parked so no issues there.

S2000's have a hidden compartment that most owners, never mind thieves, don't know about :X

You going to Mr. Tint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paul Boz_ posted:

Nooooooooo poo poo, thanks for stating the obvious. Nothing like getting robbed and somebody saying "I hope you learned your lesson!"

I wish we could send e-beers or something. Beer always makes me feel better.